Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

There is a demo, you can find it on the community website. Worldofwarcraft.com

A priest is a Healer/Damage dealing class. They have 2 healing specs and 1 shadow spec.

The 2 healing specs are Discipline and Holy. Discipline is more about utility more then healing your spec allows to you bubble and protect people. While Holy is all about big numbers and direct healing.

Shadow is well shadow, shadow is all about dots and maintaining them, you can pull off decent dps with it.

The priest is a caster can be very squishy at times, they wear the lowest level of armor.

I'm not familiar with a cleric if you explained what that was I could easily tell you what type of class is most similar to it.

Cleric is basically a healing/party class. Their primary ability is to heal, and they can't fight well. They also use 'buff' skills which boost stats. They have the lowest HP of any class but the highest MP. They also have the weakest defenses so they die the quickest.

Edited by War Pig Killer

Cleric is basically a healing/party class. Their primary ability is to heal, and they can't fight well. They also use 'buff' skills which boost stats. They have the lowest HP of any class but the highest MP. They also have the weakest defenses so they die the quickest.

The closest you'll get is a cloth wearing holy priest. But Blizzard has made it so that all classes have good damage specs so they can solo without feeling like they need to pound their head against the wall.

That's good lol

Soloing as a cleric is a pain in the butt in most MMOs *coughsMaplestorycoughs*

Wait, who said locks and hunters were pure classes? :B

Traditional RPG pures:

Warrior (tank)

Priest (heals)

Rogue (melee damage)

Mage (ranged damage)

It's just that Blizz gave every class a dps spec, so there's some solo survivability and no class relies entirely on being in a party to not die.

Hunters are kind of a two-in-one but not quite a hybrid since some of the pets can tank but the hunter does not. Warlocks are a cross between mages and hunters, but leaning more on the mage-y side because their pets rarely tank and all they do is melt faces. Druids can fill all four roles, paladins can fill all but ranged dps, death knights are like warriors crossed with locks and on crack.

And all I know about shamans is that some heal, some have wolves, all of them have sticks that do neat things, they can shoot lightning, and they can self-rez and walk on water. :V

Edited by Lythiaren

My brother made me start liking that game. dry.gif

But I am a big doofis when it comes to playing. mad.gif

Wait, who said locks and hunters were pure classes? :B

Traditional RPG pures:

Warrior (tank)

Priest (heals)

Rogue (melee damage)

Mage (ranged damage)

It's just that Blizz gave every class a dps spec, so there's some solo survivability and no class relies entirely on being in a party to not die.

Hunters are kind of a two-in-one but not quite a hybrid since some of the pets can tank but the hunter does not. Warlocks are a cross between mages and hunters, but leaning more on the mage-y side because their pets rarely tank and all they do is melt faces. Druids can fill all four roles, paladins can fill all but ranged dps, death knights are like warriors crossed with locks and on crack.

And all I know about shamans is that some heal, some have wolves, all of them have sticks that do neat things, they can shoot lightning, and they can self-rez and walk on water. :V

Hybrids and Pures are classified differently in WoW then in other RPGs. And there's the way that I classify them aswell. I believe that Pures are classes that can only do one thing IE Mages and Rogues, they only do one thing and that is damage. Hybrids are classes that have distinctly different talents and trees that allow them to fill different rolls within a group. The only classes that are Pures are DPS classes.

Hybrids-

Druid- Has 1 healing tree, and 2 DPS/Tanking

Paladin-Has 1 healing tree, 1 DPS, 1 Tanking

Warrior- Has 2 DPS trees, and 1 Tanking

Priest - 1 DPS Tree, 2 Healing

Death Knight- 1 Tanking, 2 DPS

Shaman- 1 Healing, 2DPS

Pures-

Mage- 3 DPS

Warlocks- 3 DPS

Hunters- 3 DPS

Roges- 3 DPS

Bahaha, my mom is buying me WoW as a late birthday present. So me and my boyfriend can play together. :D

I wanna be mainly Druids. Mainly Taurens. x3 But my boyfriend's first character was a human warlock (?). BAH SO LAME. *shot*

Anyone have any tips for me before I start? :3

Edited by MellaBella

Bahaha, my mom is buying me WoW as a late birthday present. So me and my boyfriend can play together. biggrin.gif

I wanna be mainly Druids. Mainly Taurens. x3 But my boyfriend's first character was a human warlock (?). BAH SO LAME. *shot*

Anyone have any tips for me before I start? :3

The game gets more fun as you play on.

Srsly, don't be like, THIS IS BORING D: after five levels.

LOL, I've NEEEVVEEERR done that with an MMORPG. Usually the 'boring feeling' kicks in at level 50, maybe not even till 100 (depending on how high and how fast you can level).

It really looks like great fun. When I learned about the Alliance/Horde language difference, I was like 'OMGTHAT'SSOCOOL'.

Bahahaha.

Hybrids and Pures are classified differently in WoW then in other RPGs. And there's the way that I classify them aswell. I believe that Pures are classes that can only do one thing IE Mages and Rogues, they only do one thing and that is damage. Hybrids are classes that have distinctly different talents and trees that allow them to fill different rolls within a group. The only classes that are Pures are DPS classes.

Hybrids-

Druid- Has 1 healing tree, and 2 DPS/Tanking

Paladin-Has 1 healing tree, 1 DPS, 1 Tanking

Warrior- Has 2 DPS trees, and 1 Tanking

Priest - 1 DPS Tree, 2 Healing

Death Knight- 1 Tanking, 2 DPS

Shaman- 1 Healing, 2DPS

Pures-

Mage- 3 DPS

Warlocks- 3 DPS

Hunters- 3 DPS

Roges- 3 DPS

Blizz actually doesn't classify them as "pures", but rather "pure DPS", which is slightly different... And they do also treat warriors as a pure DPS class when it comes to balancing the numbers. And remember, locks and hunters can also tank using their pets (lest we forget VW tanking Sarth3d...), which makes them technically hybrid classes by that reasoning because in those cases they aren't doing only DPS. >>

... And your count is slightly off for DKs, they have a tree and a half each for tanking and DPS. I see more unholy tanks than frost. XP

@MellaBella: Grit your teeth until you get cat form. Early balance/resto as a druid is very irritating (no caster leather; must wear cloth for spell power), and even though you get your first feral form early on, being a bear is very very slow going. Feral is the most efficient levelling tree for a druid.

Edited by Lythiaren

LOL, I've NEEEVVEEERR done that with an MMORPG. Usually the 'boring feeling' kicks in at level 50, maybe not even till 100 (depending on how high and how fast you can level).

It really looks like great fun. When I learned about the Alliance/Horde language difference, I was like 'OMGTHAT'SSOCOOL'.

Bahahaha.

All races get their own language, too. tongue.gif

So us taurens be like, " WHAT'S UP IN THE HOUSEIZZLE? "

and the blood elves are like, " Wat? D: "

And the tauren are like " lol nothing "

and the blood elves are like " D: "

Butyeah, me and my good friend are leveling alts together. He's a druid, and I am a priest.

I have epic shadow heals, and he has epic bear tanking. Srsly, he has 2k health at level 24.

At level 80 he's going to be a panzerkin (A Moonkin tank) and I'll be a holy or disc healing priest.

It's going to be sooo fun.

Edited by Happyface11111

Hell yeah WoW.

I play on 2 private servers, Shoupz and Neverendless. I don't want to pay, but I might one day, when I get prozar.

Gots it, Lyth. O: *thumbs up*

ORLY HAPPYFACE?

Ohhh, that's so AWESOME.

I'm going to go up to my human warlock boyfriend as a tauren druid and kick his buuuuuttt.

Gots it, Lyth. O: *thumbs up*

ORLY HAPPYFACE?

Ohhh, that's so AWESOME.

I'm going to go up to my human warlock boyfriend as a tauren druid and kick his buuuuuttt.

Heheh. tongue.gif

Some person I know (sort of) thinks that me and my friend are multi boxers, which is when somebody plays multiple accounts at the same time, so they can level up to five characters at the same time.

Even after he saw us duel, he thought we were dual boxers. >_>

It's going to be funny when we're level 80, because my friend's character is "Amgcanah" and my hunter's character is "Canah", so everyone's going to think he's me, and I'm him. Even though my name has nothing to do with his main's, it's funny. He goes in trade chat and says " O_O " and everyone spazzes out.

Because I'm even more famous on my server than I am on this forum. dry.gif

Edit for sentence structure failure.

Edited by Happyface11111

I'm spoiled by being a feral druid. >>

I can heal myself, I can stealth around, and if I get in over my head usually I can just turn into a bear and hit my "OMGHEALTH" buttons and be fine. I tried a few other classes and while they're simpler to learn, they just don't have the same feel I've gotten used to. I have a lowbie druid I've been trying to work on, but man... every time I play her, I forget I'm not on my 80. "My mount is slow! Why can't I fly here? Where's my mangle button?!"

Also: lol trade chat. The stupidity in the Trade channel is the one constant across all realms. xd.png

Edited by Lythiaren

I tried a few other classes and while they're simpler to learn

Us hunters put steady shot on every action bar and faceroll all day long.

xd.png I've heard some people can just /faceroll across the keyboard and level a hunter.

xd.png I've heard some people can just /faceroll across the keyboard and level a hunter.

Some?

ALL.

Not all.

... I can't comprehend how to play a hunter. ><

How to play Death Knight:

1) Buttonmash.

2) ????

3) Profit.

Really, any tree of a DK can be a tank. I've seen really good unholy tanks and blood tanks. We recently PuG'd a 10 man Naxx run for our guild, and the OT was a blood DK who had 32k health and did pretty awesome for tanking.

Really, any tree of a DK can be a tank. I've seen really good unholy tanks and blood tanks. We recently PuG'd a 10 man Naxx run for our guild, and the OT was a blood DK who had 32k health and did pretty awesome for tanking.

Yeah, all trees of a DK can tank.

Blood is awesome for starting out tanks, lots of health.