Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

Note to self.

Taming a beetle so that you can try and solo Kael'thas, then naming it Cutieface because zoomed up it looks ador-

user posted image

OH GOD WHY DID I GO TO THE CHARACTER SCREEN.

Note to self.

Taming a beetle so that you can try and solo Kael'thas, then naming it Cutieface because zoomed up it looks ador-

[snip]

OH GOD WHY DID I GO TO THE CHARACTER SCREEN.

WTF, are you in my head? I tamed the exact same beetle for the same reason, and named it Sweetstuff and had the same FFFFFFFFFF moment logging back in...

user posted image

Srsly, we don't need another person with my thought pattern around, one is barely enough for the thread to handle.

I totally failed soloing KT, but at least I can LoS the MC like a pro, so back again another day.

(And why are the engi crafted goggles blue on female worgen, and green on everything else?)

Edited by Rendivaunci

I think I am the only hunter who resists the constant urge to tame stuff tongue.gif

I should probably level my hunter to 85, although I'm not entirely sure I understand focus. What I get so far is that I have to use Cobra Shot every few moves to get it back.

I totally failed soloing KT, but at least I can LoS the MC like a pro, so back again another day.

(And why are the engi crafted goggles blue on female worgen, and green on everything else?)

Yeah, I would've had KT down, but after a couple wipes of trying to figure out wtf to do, the boss bugged and whenever I feigned (even with my pet having aggro) everything would despawn. Then I finally got to Kael's part and my pet was like I AM ON DEFENSIVE AND I CANNOT GO BEHIND THIS PILLAR even though I was spam smashclicking passive.

I raged, hard.

Okay, So I've been playing the free trail that you can download for the last couple of days and I seem to have a problem with the graphics. :/ My characters pig tails keep blinking where one moment they will be see-able while the next the won't be.

Creatures and other people I meet in the game sometimes have the same thing happening to a part of them. Is there anyway I can fix this? I can take a screen shot in a moment. I've searched a lot looking for the answer to this question.

I'm hoping to be able to fix this problem, because I was planing on buying the game, but if I'm going to have problems with the graphics.. I might not.

Okay, So I've been playing the free trail that you can download for the last couple of days and I seem to have a problem with the graphics. :/ My characters pig tails keep blinking where one moment they will be see-able while the next the won't be.

Creatures and other people I meet in the game sometimes have the same thing happening to a part of them. Is there anyway I can fix this? I can take a screen shot in a moment. I've searched a lot looking for the answer to this question.

I'm hoping to be able to fix this problem, because I was planing on buying the game, but if I'm going to have problems with the graphics.. I might not.

try turning your graphics settings down to minimum. when I had this problem back when I was beta testing Wrath, it was because my video card wasn't quite good enough.

try turning your graphics settings down to minimum. when I had this problem back when I was beta testing Wrath, it was because my video card wasn't quite good enough.

Thanks :3 The flickering of the characters stopped when I turned down the graphics.

So I kited Ol' Gummers from Redridge to Stormwind. First attempt some DK killed him at SW's gates, 2nd attempt a few hours later I got him into Dwarven District but he was killed by guards.

user posted image

Yay Flying

Yay Stormwind

Yay Dwarven District

Also I danced with my hunter friend to celebrate the usefulness that haste is now in the hunter world.

Yay murloc hunters!

Really though, have any of you guys tried reforging haste, and seen any major differences in dps? WHU has up the soft and hard caps for haste for BM and SV, but I'm just stacking haste as MM. Too lazy to do the math myself for it.

Edited by Happyface

how did you get him to FLY like that?

Also..... in Uldum, Vir'nal Oasis.... there are four entire flocks of sheep. Nicely arranged so one or two arcane explosions will take out the whole flock....

Edited by Layn

If you're working on Critter Kill Squad, try sending all your DKs to Northrend and throwing DnD at all the zillions of penguins. There's at least two large, tightly-packed flocks right near the AT grounds, and many more on the icebergs south of Borean Tundra.

Friend or Fowl angry turkey swarm also counts as critters.

Edited by Lythiaren

So I thought I could avoid the boredom of 50-58 by levelling in dungeons and dungeons alone.

Then I realised that the dungeons at that level are equally terrible. They definitely shouldn't have cut down Sunken Temple, it's really really dull now sad.gif

Grats on your BRD forever. :P

Edited by Lythiaren

What happened to everyone? I've been having trouble with my school's network since spring break, and haven't been able to raid, but it will let me pvp : )

I haven't been able to play WoW. :< No moneys to renew my subscription due to the parents getting divorced. It's sad because I've been wanting to play lately. I've been getting bored of everything else. Boooo.

user posted image

Happy Muffin is happy. :D

I discovered the Meta for that about two weeks AFTER Children's Week last year. Which was the first event I was aware of (despite starting before Noblegarden). So of course I hadn't done any of the achievements for it. >> Ah well. I finally have my purple derpy-armed drake. ^_^

I also officially love the group of Alliance players in Alterac Valley that allowed me to (finally) cap a tower from them. I don't recall who they were or what server they were from, but I love them all the same. XD

I was reading up on the hunter pet stories. I, too, love hunters for the main fact taming pets can be so much fun when you know you're getting close to getting the one you want. I've been playing in a private server for a few months but I've had my moments in retail or the paid WoW. Anyway, I remember long before my game card expired and Cata was just around the corner I was determined to grab some rare pets I believed were gonna go extinct. My most memorable stories would have to come from my draenei hunter that tamed Ressan, Vile Sting, and the Silithid Ravager.

Traveling to Ressan the Needler as a level 11 draenei was not an easy trip at all, but after a good 30 minutes of slow running and dying a few times, I got to Tirisfal. Funny thing, before I found him, I noticed there was a lowbie horde rogue killing some of the humanoids near the Undercity's sewer entrance. He found me, came up to me, and flashed his PvP flag at me. I was nowhere near interested in taking on a rogue when I was more interested in something else. He eventually gave up and ran off, luckily out of the way of Ressan when I found him in the distance a few seconds later. Ressan was a tough cookie, especially with my Naaru heal, but I got him in the bag. I had no other name but to name him Bartok.

As soon as I hit 35, next up for my fourth pet was Vile Sting, the pretty silver scorpion in 1K Needles. I actually had to wait I think maybe 30 minutes or maybe an hour before it spawned. While waiting, I was reading up on how Vile Sting can be deadly against classes that wear leather. A little while later as I was watching my TV show, I nearly jumped out of my skin when my Silverdragon went off. There it was. Vile Sting. I followed it a bit trying to find a good place to tame it without getting another mob on me, but while being patient with that, I saw in the not-so-far distance a warlock mounting and moving away. I did get frantic and had to act fast before the lock or anyone else returned to find I was going to tame a rare and might kill it. So, Concussive Shot away, Freezing Trap and the Naaru heal was all I needed before the scorpion was mine. The heal did help to keep me alive as the scorpion's poison was indeed fatal. I kept half of its name and made it a her.

I remember when I did a run in Mana Tombs much later with some folks and a near wipe came and gone, everyone decided to ditch group except for me and the pally who was a healer for the group. Since we weren't much farther from completing the dungeon, we decided to keep going and take on each group of mobs carefully with my Vile Sting alongside being the tank. Eventually we got to the final boss. I was skeptical we could pull this off but I was wrong. Vile tanked that boss on like he was nothing, and the pally and I helped each other to kill off the adds the boss spawned. After that triumph and got some stuff off the boss, the pally and I shook our hands in gratitude and parted ways after some friendly goodbyes. I really owed it to my scorpion for helping us out. There was only three of us (including Vile) but we handled it fine.

After hitting 60, I returned to the same place in 1K Needles to find the Silithid Ravager. What was funny was I have always seen it before, but when I came looking for it, it took me a few hours to find it. I remember during the "sitting and making drawings on the ground with my weapon" (not really) while waiting, I was watching a horde hunter having a shot at the ants. I have to admit, I did scoff when he was meleeing them mostly while his scorpion was around, and didn't use FD when more ants aggroed around them. So, anyway, I ended up logging off two hours later after no luck and I had to go out to dinner with my family. As soon as I logged back in later, there was the silithid. This bug was definitely in the bag in no time. I decided to turn the other half of his original around and named him Regavar. That's ravager spelled backwards.

Well, I had some fun typing all of that. It is fun to look back at some good memories like that.

Edited by Kamoodle

So, I'm late into the game, but heya! laugh.gif I have played off and one since 1.1. I have an 85 rogue on Terenas and have yet to find a guild that doesn't want it's main focus to be hardcore raiding. tongue.gif Me? I don't have time for raids. Plus, at this point I find it pointless for anything but the achievements because of expansions coming out like they are. >.>

Honestly, the first thing I though when I opened this thread was, "Oh no, did I miss Children's week AGAIN this year?!" I've been wating to complete my companion collection from that event and I missed it last year. xd.png

Oh my God, I just tamed Sambas. I've only been trying for a few days, but I had logged out above one of the spawn points and I log back in and there he is! Goodness.

I've never touched WoW before. Now with this new Cataclysm expansion pack, I'm really starting to get interested. I hear there's a race of wolf people you can be now (wolfkin?). But I really don't have time to get addicted now with college and whatnot, looks like I'm too late... >.=.<

In my experience, WoW is not addictive. Unless you have an addictive personality already. I cheerfully play WoW when I can't read large quantities of books and solve large quantities of jigsaw puzzles

WoW wasn't addictive for me either. I would play for a few hours, and then I'd just get bored and do something else until the next day. :V And then when my time ran out, I was just like "eh". I haven't played since January or February. I might get some WoW time soon, now that I'm bored with the other games I have. ;P

And the "wolf people" are the Worgen. Basically werewolves. BRITISH ENGLISH WEREWOLVES. Bahaha.

I've never touched WoW before. Now with this new Cataclysm expansion pack, I'm really starting to get interested. I hear there's a race of wolf people you can be now (wolfkin?). But I really don't have time to get addicted now with college and whatnot, looks like I'm too late... >.=.<

Worgen. And they are a pretty fun race to play! Though I must admit that my favorite starting zone is the Goblin, and I've always been an Alliance player. laugh.gif

And like was said before, WoW isn't addictive unless you let it be. I can (and have) walk away for months and not think about it. It's a fun game for me to play in the winter, but I don't *have* to play. biggrin.gif

^Ah, yes, that was it! X3 I tend to be picky with my gaming... I want to play as an animal creature. Hence the reason WoW has finally caught my attention. wink.gif

In my experience, WoW is not addictive.  Unless you have an addictive personality already.  I cheerfully play WoW when I can't read large quantities of books and solve large quantities of jigsaw puzzles

I think I do, unfortunately. Lol D: When I start liking a game, I try making as much time to play it as possible. Which is why I'm not sure starting to play when I'm going into a tough college is the right time. That's major distraction waiting to happen. XP

Well, Alpha, there were the Tauren. :P But I guess no one wants to play as a minotaur.