Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

I'd like to try WoW but i don't wanna get life-crushingly addicted -.-;

Only played Warcraft 3 all the way through w/ cheats and that was fun xd.png

Weird thing is, despite loving games, WoW leaves me cold. I think it is because my son is totally obsessive about it, and constantly talks of nothing else blink.gif

well, I bought expert cooking, and now im broke. blink.gif

Should I buy the CD or download WoW off of the official website? I plan on putting WoW on 3 computers but I'm not sure what to do.

If you download it off the website, it's just a 10 day trial. :c

Just get the CDs.

It's gonna suck downloading and updating it on three different computers. But yeah.

The 10-day trial is account-based, not software-based. So as Slim said, you can download the full client from the website and fire up your subscription online without ever picking up any discs.

Really? O__o You still have to pay though right?

Of course right, that'd be kinda silly if not.

This is interesting.

anyone know what "Report player AFK" means? blink.gif

Downloading is faster than the discs anyway because it smushes all the patches more conveniently in the updates. So instead of getting out of date discs and logging in only to be greeted with a patch screen, you'll be able to log in as soon as it's all downloaded.

anyone know what "Report player AFK" means? blink.gif

It used to be that people would just set up scripts for their characters in BGs that allowed them to be AFK, but not get flagged AFK and thus be booted from the BG. You'd see a bunch of bots sitting in the entrance caves to AV. It was called AFK honor farming.

The report afk function went in so that you could right click someone on the map and report them AFK, if enough people reported them AFK, the AFKer would be booted from the BG and not get any honor.

ok, thanks, I couldn't find out if it was for people who were afk, or for people who tried to trick people into leaving by making them type "/afk".

is there a way to report them for tricking people?

I dont think theres a way to report them for tricking you. Also if you report them afk (i dont know if there has to be a certian amount on people, I think it can be only one) if they dont respond back, but dont actually go afk, then I think they just get no honor from that bg.

Ohhh, I'm all proud in myself. Taking a break from WoW over then summer biggrin.gif Saving a nice amount of money there.. 2 months of wow.. so yey!

Eh... WoW... Started with the Korean Beta, moved on the European Beta, bought the game on teh 1st day of its official release, played until I dinged 60 and then quickly got bored with it, didn't play for a couple of months, got guild inv from some RL mates and started playing again. Had a great time for a while after that, being part of the guild progression through MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, about halfway through AQ40 and just getting a first impression of Naxx when BC came out. Dinged 70, got bored with the game again, didn't play for about a year or so, started playing again and mostly spend my time honour and badge grinding and did some of the instances with my old guild, bought WotLK and didn't even get to lvl 71 before I got bored with the game again. And haven't played since.

You got bored that fast? I dinged 71 within the first day. owo;

You're missing out on a lot of the new endgame content. Ulduar is an experiment in a lot of new mechanics, and I personally think it's done really well.

... Except for Vezax. But after wiping all last night on him until the trash respawned, I'm swiftly developing a formidable hatred for the thing we've begun to call General Squeetle. Gibbed mana regen is not fun for our healers, and some of our ranged isn't doing their job properly. Like dropping vapors on those of us who are in melee. Or not dodging shadow crashes. *grumbles*

Vezax is a lot of fun for me actually(I'm a resto druid). Which strat do you guys use, the running strat or the stationary one? Both are equally effective but I find the stationary one to be a lot easier then the running one. The problem with the vapors is one that my guild experienced to, the way we solved it was that we had one ranged assigned to break them, just pick out your most competent ranged dps to break them when the healers called out for it, just have one of your healing officers speak up in vent if you guys need a vapor and have the one ranged break the closest one to the raid. People in the raid should be running DBM(BigWigs works to), if they aren't smack them up side the head for being stupid, there's timers and special announces when you get targeted with a shadow crash and the mark of the faceless.

So last night my GL quit, hes been having a reoccurring health issue that's been steadily worsening over the past few months. He was recently hospitalized and he has decided that he can not continue playing the game. So we are reforming and hopefully the guild can hold it together.

I also now have 21 fragments for my legendary mace. I'm not sure if they increased the drop rate or what but last week we got 7 fragments out of the 13 bosses we killed.

Just one more level. Till I can get my cat form. ;__;

HEYHEYHEY. I have a question.

Okay, so my friend that I play with is a huuuuge WoW fan. Has been ever since it came out. He pretty much knows everything that's going on in the WoW world.

WWEEELL, he told me that in the next big patch, they're gonna do some level changes with stuff.

Like, Druids can get travel form at lv 16. Everyone can get their normal mount at 20, epic at 40, flight at 60, epic flight at... ehhh. 70? 80? And some other stuff I do believe.

I dunno, he COOUULD be wrong, but dang he's been right about everything so far. D:

I wanna know if this is all truuueee.

It's true, and it means that blizzard owes me a large amount of money (Added onto the amount from when they decreased mounts from 40-30). I'm sure I have this number somewhere...

waitt, they're changing mount lvl req's AGAIN?? What has blizz come to? Im sorry a lot of people will like that, but I think that 20 is a lil low? And now, I will be sad because of money. Sooooo cheap just for 30, in comparison to what the lvl 40 mounts were. *sigh* All I knew was they were coming out with new kitty and bear form skins. *cheer*

heh..WoW is just a way to make people spend their money and time (which they could use to study and seek perfection) to make us stupid money-sacks.

That's the main task of WoW. To make people stupid because stupid people are easier to control.

heh..WoW is just a way to make people spend their money and time (which they could use to study and seek perfection) to make us stupid money-sacks.

That's the main task of WoW. To make people stupid because stupid people are easier to control.

stupid? No, WoW is fun and I play it for enjoyment.. andd I can take it in moderation! Liek Im not playing for 2 months sooo see, we arent mind-controlled 'stupid money sacks' smile.gif

WHOOO.

I'm almost to lv 23. XD

Yesterday, I went through AAAALL of the Deadmines with my group, and now I'm doing the Unsent Letter quests.

Oh man they're fun.

And one gave me 10k exp! 8D Well, more if you count all of the lv 23-25 elite guys my group had to kill to even get to the main elite guy we needed to beat.

Now I have to help my boyfriend with his Warlock quest so he can get his demon horse. :B

Edited by MellaBella

WHOOO.

I'm almost to lv 23. xd.png

Yesterday, I went through AAAALL of the Deadmines with my group, and now I'm doing the Unsent Letter quests.

Oh man they're fun.

And one gave me 10k exp! 8D Well, more if you count all of the lv 23-25 elite guys my group had to kill to even get to the main elite guy we needed to beat.

Now I have to help my boyfriend with his Warlock quest so he can get his demon horse. :B

Oooo you're gettin higher in the levels smile.gif Happy day! DM, ahh I love runnin people thru that place xd.png haha, I want a warlock just for the horse ohmy.gif It's sooo epicly amazing!! *squee*