Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

Buy one pet, sell it for max goldz, save up a little bit and get the mount, then get another pet? biggrin.gif That way you get the mount and you're also buffering your golds.

I could have sworn they were fixing that. I thought MMO champ had shots up of a landed hippogryph a while ago. I remember because everyone in the comments was like, "FREAKIN' FINALLY."

Huh. Weird.

I thought so too. I got all excited because it looked like it would be able to use it's legs rather than hovering all the time, but then I bought it and mounted up. And promptly wtf'd.

I guess they couldn't get a proper walking animation and unique /mountspec (see: chromatic vs. nether drake /mountspec animations) rigged up for the hippogryph model in time or something. That or they really really like the one used for the Cenarion one.

Looks like it went the way of those new dances we were promised.

sad.gif

does anyone know how much it costs? huh.gif

actually, it doesn't matter anymore, I found out.

WoW is an RPG. And no matter what, you pay to play, anything and everything.

I hate the excuse "I don't wanna pay to play!!!". It's a whiny excuse.

I totally agree with you there, it's either that of play a cash shop game that i think sucks way more. I would rather just pay the membership fee, than have to pay to be any good. Wow owns, I find once you really get into it and get into a good raiding guild, you have tons of fun. My guild has been the one of the top guilds on the server for years, and i have a blast. ninja.gif

Edited by Mystrey

Ulduar has been kind to me.

I ran off with loot from almost every boss out of the 8 we've cleared. This includes Spire of Withering Dreams, but then Journey's End dropped from KT in Naxx, just a couple hours before our second visit to Ulduar.

... Most of our progression team was rather annoyed at me for taking all the loot, but I'd also missed out on a T7.5 hat off the horsemen in Naxx and we had like.... no other melee dps. >>

I NOW HAVE THE BALD MAN HAT. And it's much better than the stupid blue hat from Gundrak. x_x

Edited by Lythiaren

Thanks for your enlightening opinion. I'll be sure to let Blizzard know they've lost out on an AMAZING fan of inu-yasha/naruto customer. I'm sure they will weep.

It's not that I don't like it; I've just never played it.

Just never been interested.

I didn't want to sound rude or anything so if I did, then I'm so sorry.

I hate how I have OS/Naxx 25 gear, T8 gloves, and a melee weapon from Ulduar..

And a bow from a heroic.

EVEN THE CRAPPIEST HUNTER I KNOW ON MY SERVER HAS ARROWSONG D:

IT'S NOT FAAAIR.

Which reminds me of the time I was in BWL on my level 60 shaman (at the time, now she's 80 biggrin.gif!)

He was pretty much whining about how he wasn't getting any loot, and so he was rolling on EVERYTHING just so he could GET loot, not that it would be an upgrade or anything. So I tell him to stfu.

And he started excessively swearing at me.

From that day on, I've gotten a lot of giggles from making him angry. ~

Edited by Happyface11111

It's not that I don't like it; I've just never played it.

Just never been interested.

I didn't want to sound rude or anything so if I did, then I'm so sorry.

My bad, must have read your original post wrong then.

So, today I was in a PuG for 25 man Naxx. Great PuG, really. We blew through the first two quarters (spider, plagued) like it was no big deal. We even got the Safety Dance achievement. We did military and had awesome priests mind controlling and we beat the four horsemen like it was only a minor inconvenience. We did the first 3 bosses in construct, and I had to go, because my boyfriend texted me (it was around 6pm) and said, "BE RDY BY 7:30 WE'RE LEAVING SHORTLY AFTER THAT". So I was like, wow, really, I haven't showered or anything today yet. So, I left the group. I texted my boyfriend and said, ":( we were on the last quarter in naxx, then onto the last two bosses". THEN, he tells me, "well, why did you leave?! get back in!!" and they wouldn't let me back in. so, sigh, they cleared it. sad face.

Ouch. D:

Did you at least get to do stuff with your boyfriend? 'Cause if you dropped Naxx for him... >>

Edited by Lythiaren

Lol, I joined a regular Halls of Lightning group to finish my KT rep. Consisted of me (warlock), pally tank, shaman, dru, priest.

After the first couple pulls, the shaman just went resto to help the priest heal me, and the dru went feral to help the pally try to keep things off of me as long as possible. I pretty much powered them through it doing ~80% of mob and boss damage. Was hilarious but fun and made me feel uber. xd.png

You sound like a friend of mine. He doesn't mean to take aggro, but he's just so good at melting faces that he has a bad habit of pissing off all the tanks. The only ones that can keep up with him in threat are the ones in his guild. xd.png

Am I seriously the only one that has no clue what WoW is aside from what it stands for and that it's an MMO?

Now if you'll excuse me, ima go back to Maplestory and play my cleric xd.png

In all seriousness though, I'd like to know a bit more about WoW. Can someone give me the basic details? Also, is there like a trial you can do so you don't have to pay up front for a game you don't even know you'll like?

Am I seriously the only one that has no clue what WoW is aside from what it stands for and that it's an MMO?

In all seriousness though, I'd like to know a bit more about WoW. Can someone give me the basic details? Also, is there like a trial you can do so you don't have to pay up front for a game you don't even know you'll like?

It's like,

SUP! WE HAVE STARTING PLACES THAT GET REPETITIVE AND BORING AFTER THE FIRST FIVE TIMES.

LOL, NOW YOU'RE IN THE BARRENS! THIS PLACE SUCKS. DID U NO RAPTORZ SOMETIMES DON'T HAVE HEADS? LOL! AND ZEBRAS DONT HAS HUVVZ!

HA, WELCOME TO STRANGLETHORN VALE.

WHOOPS, YOU GOT GANKED AND RAPED BY A PANTHER. LOL!

NOW YOU'RE IN BADLANDS OR SOMETHING. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WTF IS HERE.

GJ, UR IN BC! WELCOME TO HELLFIRE PENINSULA. YOU JUST GOT ATTACKED BY THIRTY THOUSAND MOBS, ALL COMING FROM 5 MILES AWAY.

GJ. U R IN NORTHREND. HAVE FUN.

- The pessimistic view.

Was hilarious but fun and made me feel uber

Yea, try feeling uber after you pull aggro in Malygos.

You're DEAD.

>:|

Also, was in an Emelon group. Had a rogue with level 60 blues. Wtf?

He was doing 800 dps, and would die to Emelon's melee AOE thing EVERY SINGLE TIME. We kicked him out of the group, he ninja pulled, everyone died.

D: I was number three on dps with 3.2k... Gawd, I hate my bow. Srsly, Ulduar gear and a crossbow from a HEROIC?! D: D: D: QQ QQ QQ QQ D: D: D: D: D: QQ D: DQ:QDQD:QD: QD:DQ

Edited by Happyface11111

Here's some basics on the game

10 Races; 5 Horde and 5 Alliance

Each race has special abilities that no other race has, some are better then others in different situations

10 Playable classes divided into 2 different subgroups; Pure and Hybrid.

The Pure classes; Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Rogue. These classes are only capable of one thing and that is to deal damage. Some may argue that Warlocks and Hunters are Hybrids but I see them as Pures considering the limitations of their talents and spells.

The Hybrid classes; Druid, Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Shaman, Priest. These classes have more versatile rolls and are capable of doing damage, healing and tanking.

When you first start the game it can seem huge, there's a lot to get use to right away. The user interface its almost streamlined now and is easy to manipulate.

I'll post more on this later but right now its raid time.

The Pure classes; Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Rogue. These classes are only capable of one thing and that is to deal damage. Some may argue that Warlocks and Hunters are Hybrids but I see them as Pures considering the limitations of their talents and spells.

How would a warlock/hunter be a hybrid?

I just imagined a warlock tanking and healing at the same time, and giggled.

I'm an idiot.

biggrin.gif

Warlock and Hunter pets can tank, if they spec for it. It is very limited but they can tank. That's why some people consider them Hybrids, they have the potential to tank some fights.

A priest basically = cleric, right?

If so, I'd rather play that lol

Back to my other question, is there a demo?

A priest basically = cleric, right?

If so, I'd rather play that lol

Back to my other question, is there a demo?

Uhm. A priest is sort of like a cleric, I guess. I've never played any games with clerics in them, so Idno.

And there's a ten day free trial. Forget how to access it, though. Dx