Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

So, after my last post I went to the customer service forums and made a pretty nasty post in the Battle.net DC error thread. The thread of course was removed but so was the problem, they seemed to have fixed the bug and things are back to normal for now. That and the servers themselves have stabilized a lot in the past 2 days so much so that my guild now 11/14 in 10 and 25man Uludar. We did all of the 10man kills last night all in one go, started at about 10PM with a fresh instance and finished at about 2:30AM with a kill on Thorim. Overall in terms of difficulty I can say that easy modes are a joke for both 10 and 25man. The only problems I can say that we had were our own faults ie not moving fast enough and not paying attention. Some of the hard modes though will be really intense, the 2min timer for Thorim and for Hodir are going to be really hard to push for early on because of the gear disparity and don't get me started on Freya and her killer flowers. I am enjoying myself again as a high end raider tongue.gif

Edited by Mishia

Yeah, the easy mode was beaten by Ensidia in less than 24 hours, but apparently the hard modes and the raid destroying hard only guy will make up for it.

yepp it is, and its true..

LOL. Are you serious?

Opinions are not facts, therefor, they cannot be neither true nor false.

It is merely your opinion. And I'd suggest growing up and doing better things with your time then coming to an INTERNET FORUM to "bash" on a game you just don't like. There's tons of games I don't like but a lot of people do, but you see, I'm an adult and I don't go around posting in pathetic internet forums bashing on those games.

Srsly.

Anyone else not update their account on the newest expansion pack?

I got a lvl 70 just sitting his butt while his lvl 80 friends laugh at him and leave to go play in Northrend...

LOL. Are you serious?

Opinions are not facts, therefor, they cannot be neither true nor false.

It is merely your opinion. And I'd suggest growing up and doing better things with your time then coming to an INTERNET FORUM to "bash" on a game you just don't like. There's tons of games I don't like but a lot of people do, but you see, I'm an adult and I don't go around posting in pathetic internet forums bashing on those games.

Srsly.

SON, Bear just went SRS on your azz!

Personally I don't like it, A lot of my friends play it. But I'd much rather play The Lord of The Rings Online.

Lol, when Ulduar came out we had the running joke: "Servers 1 through Thrall have been deleted." Stability was sooo bad, lol.

yepp it is, and its  true..

Opinions, by definition, cannot be true or false. Good and bad, especially in terms of personal perception regarding video games, are purely subjective and therefore cannot be considered correct or incorrect.

tl;dr: you fail at interwebz.

Back on topic, CHAMPION OF TB GET

Edited by Lythiaren

So after last weeks failure of a raid week, with all the lag, constant dcs and hell not even being able to zone into Uludar we zone in this week and in the first night we down 8/14 bosses. We did 2 towers on Flame Leviathan but didn't get credit for it, he had the buffs at the start of the fight but for whatever reason they faded and he stopped casting his abilities and just chased people around as we killed him. One shot Ignis and Razorscale. Had a bit of casting lag on the entire zone when we did XT so we didn't even attempt hard mode. We put in some good attempts at one of the Iron Council hard modes, killing the Runemaster last but we didn't want to waste to much time with it so we killed it normal. After completely destroying Kologarn we get to Auriaya. After wiping 2 times on the pull because of her silly little kitties we drop her and after much talk and about 30min of us just sitting there I was awarded this

user posted image

Needless to say I'm very very happy, I really expected it to go to one of the officers in the guild but my guild leader had other ideas. After that we press on and 1 shot Hodir and Thorim. It's about 12:30AM at this point so we call it a night.

All and all, I believe we will be working on Yogg-Saron by the end of the week(hopefully I'll have a kill shot).

And btw WoW > All

I quit a year and four months ago. I still don't regret it. tongue.gif

But I still keep in contact with some of my WoW friends. Most of them are from Georgia. laugh.gif

Would have been nice if they gave Kologarn a hard mode, like kill him without destroying the arms or something along those lines. He has an insane amount of HP but is easily killable if you take out his arms(losing 1 arm makes his main body lose 15%HP). When you kill an arm it spawns 6-8 elementals that you ae down and after 1min 30seconds the destroyed arm reforms for you to kill again.

Edited by Mishia

My guild isn't a hardcore raiding guild, so we are still busy downing at Naxx. But this is mostly cause people that have the good gear from Naxx leave and then we have to start with new people again, meaning we have to start over again. This is quite annoying as thisdoesn't allow us to do 25 man, nor something tougher then Naxx.

By the way, has anyone tried the new boss from VoA?

He's supposed to be hard, but I dunno

Edited by Slim12

Emalon isn't all that hard, it just requires some good communication and that everyone is on the ball. And no one should be going after him if they're still in mostly heroic gear, or your DPS won't be high enough to burn down the overcharged adds before they wipe your raid. The problem we've been having on Kirin Tor hordeside is that there are too many slackers who expect Emalon to be a loot piñata like Archavon. For Tier 8, you better be able to take some heat!

I've been in a lot of Emalon wipes in the past week. =_=;;

Edited by Lythiaren

Anyone else not update their account on the newest expansion pack?

I got a lvl 70 just sitting his butt while his lvl 80 friends laugh at him and leave to go play in Northrend...

See, that is why I am waiting until I have the money to afford the expansion and game time before I get back into WoW. And then...I shall level my Boomkin. Muaha.

I can't try Emalon as my computer has a hard time coping with 25-mans. And I read that Emalon requires SO much switching between targets as a hunter, that by the time I have finally selected the add, it's already been killed three times... So Emalon isn't an option for me. That is, untill I get a better computer (and gear)

He doesn't require that much switching, he does the overcharge once every minute. A decent group could have him dead in about 5minutes(my guild kills in him in about 2.5-3minutes). And the adds have a good amount of HP so it shouldn't be to bad for you even with a bad computer. Just set up an assist macro for the OT so you can switch faster and get more dps time in.

I have an account, and an 80 that I only play long enough to do her argent tournament dailies (lol). I also have a 71 hunter (beast mastery) and a 76 deathknight (frost), I don't play them mugh either. and I also have a mob of alts that are all below 40 rofl

I can't try Emalon as my computer has a hard time coping with 25-mans. And I read that Emalon requires SO much switching between targets as a hunter, that by the time I have finally selected the add, it's already been killed three times... So Emalon isn't an option for me. That is, untill I get a better computer (and gear)

It takes you 20 minutes to press "tab" and select a different mob?

It takes me 20 miliseconds do that. It takes 20 minutes for my computer to register that...

Alright, that is a bit excegerated, but the problem is that I always have to look at the front of my char, or else I see the boss and all the spells that are thrown at him. When about 20 spells are thrown at the boss then I start to get lag beyond saving, so I have to turn away my screen so that I won't see it. The downside is that I can't target the adds since I can't see them.

I will have to look into that assist offtank and maintank macro. Maybe that it will help.

Oh and the massive lag is also the main reason why I don't roll healer and/or tank.

Well, I don't really recall why I never really put it to zero 9got it on 1/5th or something now), but I think it's because with some bosses that do AoE on the ground, you have to be able to see the spells they do. But I will look into it, thanks.