arlymaye

TERMINOLOGY

Parking or otherwise, the term will not be added since it's rarely used.

As for Gifting/Giving, although grammatically incorrect, Gifting is commonly used and referred to when doing a one way transfer. smile.gif

Plus, I think the term Gifting itself needs an update since it has nothing to do with the AP anymore. Anyone up for a proper definition?

Fansite(s)

A wonderful website(s) created by DC fan(s) that many DC'ers visit to submit eggs/hatchlings. These fansites are generally well organized and provide a variety of services to help make the DC gameplay more enjoyable. Fansite(s) can also be a forum, where users are allowed to chat about non-DC related topics, express their own artwork, and just have fun in general.

-DC Fansite

The DC Fansite is a website where you can post your dragons to get views, and view others' dragons, including an ICU

Is that in regard to the original DC Fansite, which is no longer around? =o

Also, bump.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

~Egg party/drop party

When a mass rare breeding is in effect, often spamming the AP with rares like trios.

Is that in regard to the original DC Fansite, which is no longer around? =o

Also, bump.

Thanks SSP! I've updated the term. smile.gif

animals4501 : Honestly, I have never heard that term being used anywhere so I'm afraid I won't be able to add it to the terminology listing.

As for Gifting/Giving, although grammatically incorrect, Gifting is commonly used and referred to when doing a one way transfer. smile.gif

Plus, I think the term Gifting itself needs an update since it has nothing to do with the AP anymore. Anyone up for a proper definition?

laugh.gif Once an English major, always an English major. I can't help it.

But as far as an updated definition, you could just lop off my little rant and go with, "Offering eggs or hatchlings via one-way transfers (teleports) as gifts and expecting nothing in return. Those who 'gift' eggs are known as 'gifters.'"

Fresh Meat

A term used to refer to new moderators or future new moderators, often by current staff or members wishing to become moderators.

Does EG mean even generation?

okay, thank you Rubyshoes! smile.gif

Edited by stitchstinks446

Does EG mean even generation?

Yes smile.gif

Looks like you haven't added Expunge to the BSA list yet. ^^

Working on it now! Thanks for the reminder... smile.gif

Done and updated! Please feel free to contribute to this thread. I may not have the time to do updates as frequently but I do check back from time to time. If I am slacking, feel free to poke me via PM. smile.gif

Edited by arlymaye

The 3.51 days is far outdated I think?

And we don't have "blocked AP" anymore.

"while dragons considered rare cannot breed with other rare dragons" not anymore.

This probably doesn't mean a thing to anybody, but I noticed four of the Pokémon names in the "Pokemon Invasion" list are misspelled. ;P

Gyrados -> Gyarados, Onyx -> Onix, Wobbafet -> Wobbuffet, Ghastly -> Gastly

...Onyx and Ghastly are really common misspellings. I see them EVERYWHERE. xd.png

Dummy Egg

A term used to refer to an egg placed on a two-way trade not as an offer, but so the owner knows where the egg will go. The egg is usually from the AP and most likely will return there after the swap.

I think the bannerlinks do not work. Please check this.

Thank you!

And thank you very much for your work this terminology is so handy.

Bumping to help new users with questions.

Possibly also Element or Elemental Affinity, with regards to certain breeding habits?

Add spriter’s alt? Abbreviated SA, and SAltkin for the offspring of SAs.

5 hours ago, TemmieFlakes said:

what does bloodswap mean

Bloodswap means the person is looking to trade for an egg with a lineage that looks exactly like the lineage of the egg they are offering. :) Bloodswaps are used to get dragons for a lineage project that aren't related to the dragons already in the lineage. 

what does (number)G mean? it's in almost every "want" in the trading, but i have not yet found what it means.

Edited by liloure

7 minutes ago, liloure said:

what does (number)G mean? it's in almost every "want" in the trading, but i have not yet found what it means.

G stands for generation. This is 4g

I know that this is an old thread, but the list is missing "NR" for "New Release" - it took me a while to understand that one!