TERMINOLOGY

What does SW and SS mean?

And what EG?

Edited by sdc

And what EG?

SS - Starscream, a chat moderator (?)

SW - no idea

EG - even-generation, when a lineage is even all across the board, from grandparents to the youngest egg. example; http://dragcave.net/lineage/5TaYF

Edited by Ashes The Second

And what EG?

Possibly,Shadow Walker (2011's Halloween dragon) for SW, and SS more than likely means "Stair Step."

Example of a Stair-step lineage

Edited by CDM

Possibly,Shadow Walker (2011's Halloween dragon) for SW,

Or shallow water. I know I've used SW for shallow water, not even realizing that could now also be shadow walker. Whoops. x3

It was Shadow Walker. Thank you all for helping.

incuhatcheable?

If this is used in a trade offer, does it mean, that people would incubate and hatch it before trading?

(I know, when I can do it myself, so there's no need to mention it, if the receiver should do it.)

And what is an insta-hatchie?

This word is use in the description of 'incuhatch' at the first page of this thread. (Maybe it's a word a native speaker does understand, but I'm not a native speaker and I don't.)

I don't understand the incuhatch-description anyway, cause I usually wait until 5 days and then incuhatch and turbo-ER. There's no advantage waiting one more day, isn't it?

If this is used in a trade offer, does it mean, that people would incubate and hatch it before trading?

No, it usually means that the recipient can incubate and hatch the egg.

They point it out in their trading posts because many users are chronically egglocked and appreciate low time eggs that don't have to sit around on your scroll forever wink.gif

(it's just another way to advertise a trade)

Thank you all for taking the time to make this! It's great having all this stuff explained in one place.

What/where is AoND? I couldn't find it on the list of fansites.

AoND means Allure of Neglected Dragons.

you can click the 'serious business' dragon in my signature to get there, for now

(or the top hat green egg in the siggy above your post, lol)

Edited by ParticleSoup

Aaaaah! This is the one I'm using all the time. But I didn't know, what the abbreviation stands for. I only remember coup-detat and NDER/NDDC and the title is always scrolled away, while I'm looking at my dragons. Thank you.

Auto abandon

What will happen if you breed more than one egg. You can only keep one. The others will vanish from your scroll and automatically be abandoned on the next hour, without you having to abandon them.

I would like to recommend the following update:

Auto abandon

1. What will happen to an egg if you breed more eggs than your scroll limit. If you have reached the limit of eggs you are allowed, or if you have reached the total eggs and hatchlings you are allowed, the next egg you breed will automatically vanish from your scroll and be abandoned to the Abandoned Page without any action on your part. You will get a notice that the egg has auto-abandoned.

2. What will happen if a Valentine or Holiday pair breed more than one egg. You keep one, the others will auto-abandon. You will get a message that you need to select one egg to keep, at which point the other eggs will vanish from your scroll and be abandoned to the Abandoned Page without any other action on your part. If you do not select one egg to keep within the hour, all those eggs from that pair will vanish from your scroll and automatically be abandoned without any other notice or action on your part.

(I put the newer definition first because it can happen all year, whereas the other definition is specific to only two time of the year.)

What is NIB?

I've seen this term mainly in the trading thread and it refers to NON INBRED if I am not wrong.

I've got another one, and I'm surprised it wasn't already covered by someone--

Parking

Temporarily transferring eggs or hatchlings to another scroll when the owner's scroll is locked.

I've got another one, and I'm surprised it wasn't already covered by someone--

Parking

Temporarily transferring eggs or hatchlings to another scroll when the owner's scroll is locked.

I am not sure if this should be added as it can be viewed as multi scrolling. Plus, I don't see this term frequently used anywhere. Let me know if anyone else think otherwise.

I am not sure if this should be added as it can be viewed as multi scrolling. Plus, I don't see this term frequently used anywhere. Let me know if anyone else think otherwise.

I agree with arlymaye. I'd never seen the term used and it does sound like multiscrolling.

Edited by rubyshoes

I don't think the word parking is a good word for what you're trying to describe ^^;

I know people offer to hold someone else's egg, then send it back, because they influenced it wrong and need to influence it again. It DOES involve the use of two scrolls, but it certainly isn't multi-scrolling otherwise tons of people on the forums would have been banned already.

I don't think the word parking is a good word for what you're trying to describe ^^;

I know people offer to hold someone else's egg, then send it back, because they influenced it wrong and need to influence it again. It DOES involve the use of two scrolls, but it certainly isn't multi-scrolling otherwise tons of people on the forums would have been banned already.

I don't see that as multi-scrolling either. I just see that as helping someone fix a mistake they made. I don't see that as "holding" either as the egg is pretty much usually switched back almost immediately.

Edited by rubyshoes

I don't see that as multi-scrolling either. I just see that as helping someone fix a mistake they made. I don't see that as "holding" either as the egg is pretty much usually switched back almost immediately.

I know, but then theres also oftentimes I see trades where it says "I'll breed you a -insert dragon here-, and you hold this egg until it hatches". Thats kind of like parking. Ruby, would you consider those kinds of actions a legit mode of trading too, even though the egg pretty much was "farmed"? I've also seen people hold eggs for each other; oftentimes because they are friends and want to help.

Im guessing as long as its not intentionally trying to be, its not multi-ying.

Gifting

A term for people coordinating drops and pickups on the abandoned page. Same as trading, but only one-way.

Update recommended:

"Gifting" is a grammatically incorrect term used in place of the word "giving" when referring to users (known as "gifters") offering eggs or hatchlings via one-way transfers to other users and expecting nothing in return.

Edited by LibbyLishly

But but nobody says "Giving".

The 'Newbie Giving Thread' doesn't have the same ring as the 'Newbie Gifting Thread' tongue.gif

I know, but then theres also oftentimes I see trades where it says "I'll breed you a -insert dragon here-, and you hold this egg until it hatches". Thats kind of like parking. Ruby, would you consider those kinds of actions a legit mode of trading too, even though the egg pretty much was "farmed"? I've also seen people hold eggs for each other; oftentimes because they are friends and want to help.

Im guessing as long as its not intentionally trying to be, its not multi-ying.

To me multi-scrolling is the same person using different scrolls and that one person is doing the actions on those scrolls rather it be breeding, catching, trading etc.