Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

this is what i found at the edge of my dragons' cave. it doesnt look finished:

(not sure which one wrote it)

"Dear journal...

i am so scared! i have been watching all the other dragons and they are very worried about our caregiver. she has not come back for a very long time. i think she has abandoned us...or cant get back here for some reason. i hope she gets back soon thoguh. there are eggs hatching and hatchlings not named yet. this is very disturbing..."

my dragons are worried about me. i guess they dont realize the cave is down!

Edited by socrates

Dear Journal

Are we wild dragons now? The Bug hasn't come by in weeks. The hatchlings are growing up semi-feral, we're having to find our own food, some of the others are getting very territorial, and worse, nobody is bathing!

If I we cannot get our claws trimmed and get some decent scale soap soon, I fear we'll be heading toward true anarchy.

Yours, Tantabula

Found this when trying to get through the 'evil magic' trying to prevent from getting to my cave.

Dear Diary,

Things have been pretty slow lately. Owner has been away except for brief visits and once she brought an er frill egg. Dawn Breakyng is really worried about the hatchlings, none of them are growing up. There's been rumors of somebody tampering with the magic fundamentals of the great Cave.

Oh, well, I'll just have to leave that one to the Magis. I'm more concerned witht he fact that the only hatchling taken away by a raid was days ago. COuld that have something to do with Owner being away? Other clans' owners are missing, too. I wonder where they all are? Some of the clans are really doing badly. i guess that means no more raids for now, at least.

Fern Wavyng was really disappointed the Owner was away-Owner had promised her a new mint egg on St. Patrick's day, but of course there is none. I just hope Owner will get back soon!

~Night Lashying

I tuck the scroll into my backpack and curse the evil magic and hope that it goes away, and soon. I look towards my cave and struggle onward.

journal of Martaina, an earth growing up during the lag attack

dear journal:

its been about a day since zena came to check on us. when she can get into the cave past all the wires blocking the entrance, she's complaining about something called a "lagmonster." what on earth is a lagmonster? it sounds scary, i hope it leaves soon!!

next day

i have wings now! i tried using them, but crashed into the wall. auntie Cat says it means i'm getting older and i'll be as big as her soon! i asked my favorite pet rock if it knew why our tender couldnt get in so i could show her my wings, but he didnt answer. he never does. maybe i can steal some chalk and draw him a mouth...

a few hours later

Vanyalii just showed me a picture of what a lagmonster lookes like, and now i'm hiding under a rock. that thing better leave and let zena back in, or i'll just hide under hear all day. lagmonsters are really scary!!

two days later

i'm all grown up!!! i'm at least as big as auntie Cat, and i keep knocking things over with my tail. it got a lot longer. i could practice flying if we could even get out of the cave, but i'd like to see that scary old lagmonster take on all of us.

oh, and Linnl told me that the lagmonster doesnt actualy exist, it just means that the cave is messed up. i'm going to drop a rock an Vanyalii's head for scaring me.

thats fun!!!

Edited by zenalisa

that was fun, i'm doing another!!

this is for Tyraa, the eccentric and optomistic skywing.

dear thingy i'm writing in because i'm bored:

im very,very bored. we can't go out of the cave because of some sort of wierd tech glitch. humans and their stupid computer jumk...

i am so sick of laying around on my belly. sometimes i wish i actualy had legs so i could at least walk around. if we can't go out soon, i'm not going to be able to move at all, my wings are so stiff and sore because i havnt used them in days. i miss racing Carthak, and getting soaked in clouds, and going so high up i get dizzy, and diving back down so fast it hurts my head. now, i'm playing go fish with a baby magi who just tries to eat the cards. oh yea, that magi egg hatched the other day, and the earth and water grew up. only the earth got named so far, because zena can't get into the cave. i thought i was adorable as a hatchling, but they are so annoying. probobly just because i'm in a bad mood and being driven completly starkraving nuts. there are some plus sides to it though, most of them are just as frustrated as i am, so i can complain openly. i've never seen a white come that close to becoming an axe murderer from cabin feaver, its kinda funny. another bright side: at least we'll all be insane together. i guess there were more bright sides than i thought; were all closer friends from being stuck in the same cave all day. and i learned how to write with my mouth. maybe i will live.

Edited by zenalisa

Dear Diary,

I've been having a reoccurring vision of Death Blink leaving the camp... I'm unsure of what she's doing, but it defiantly isn't hunting. When she hunts she brings back her pray and then sucks the blood. I'm not going to assume the worst right now. Death Blink has proved her loyalty to this clan, but some dragons wont except her. It saddens me greatly...

Back to the vision, I saw her leaving through an underground tunnel behind the nursery. I can never see where she goes, though. I plan to confront her there tonight.

Farwell,

Thorn-Heart

Dear Scroll,

It's been quite a while since the other dragons and I have seen our caretaker, Pyro, we are beginning to worry about her well being. I know she would not abandon us, and cares too much. In her absence I have tended to the eggs and hatchlings, so far two of them hatched! Another strange thing has happened today, we were going to send Ceaser and My Bloody Vallentine (our fastest flyers by the way) out to search for Pyro and food, they were unable to leave the cave we call home. Eventually we were able get Mixxi out only to have her instantly return, describing a horrible monster seen lurking around the Great Cavern, where other lineages besides our own, live. I have had Mystique and Megumi telepathically contact other clan leaders, they have called this beast a 'Lagmonster'. This worries me greatly for the sake of other dragons and the safety of my family. What is this creatures objective? I will write more once I have gained more knowledge..

Signed~Xavier Lotus

Dear Something or Other.

Still no sign of Dragonic. Things are getting bad. Reign is getting more and more violent, and I fear he will snap. The Silvers are running themselves ragged looking for our beloved Scroll Keeper.

The two winter hatchlings, who hatched during this episode, have claimed to see a human, who appeared to be see-through... I would not have believed it, but Lixue's son got named somehow. He is now Cinnibar Dorkface. What is happening? Could it have been Dragonic? The hatchlings claimed she was injured, as if she had been fighting something.

I'm taking some dragons today to see if there is any news in the Cave. Hopefully, someone will have found out what happened.

Shiro Saki.

From: Ridiculous Rock 'n A Hard Place (male stone hatchie currently)

Hi... whatever you're called,

"Rocky" here. God, I hate my name. I hate it, hate it, hate it!!! I kind of miss yzhn2. She wasn't so bad aside from her really bad naming skills. Feriatica seems to be getting restless. She's really nice. Feriatica, I mean. She's really shy though...

Some of the adults are getting restless. The little black hatchling is always whining and crying for some protection. Of course, Karin-Midnight always insists on terrorizing it. Karin-Akira (our elder) and Karin-Zephyr constantly try to get him to leave us younger dragons alone.

I wish that there were younger dragons in the cave right now. yzhn2 never manages to satisfy my curiosity with her rushed words. She's always here one moment and gone the absolute next. What's going on?

Ridiculous Rock 'n A Hard Place

(Really, that's SUCH a stupid name!)

Dear Diary,

Today I finally managed to make that peering hole in my egg I was talking of, it was difficult considering that my egg was made completely from rock. I think I'll be taking peeks at the other dragons from now ( I bet I can break out of my egg before them! )

I think I'll have to get out of here pretty soon,the egg seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

the writer is my first dragon, a magi named Renkun. His dragon script isn't at all hard to translate.

Dear Journal,

My son, Singekun, has just matured. Even so he's hectic and full of energy! Mischief abounds with him and his friend, that vine dragon named Vinefrost.

Still, his mother and I are proud of him. He shares my glittering orange scales, perhaps he will have a soon-to-be siblings with his mother's black hide?

Sincerely,

Renkun

------------------

now the writer is ren's son, Singekun. his script isn't as neat...

Dear Journal,

Vine's been hanging around that young she-dragon, what was her name, Ryena..? even more. I can't believe he hasn't been coming along with Irie and I on our flying and hunting expeditions!

Sheesh, he's been getting more and more fond of that Red.

From,

Singekun

EDIT: Fixeded speellin erors. (lawl!)

Edited by Styrana

Dear Diary,

Death Blink told me all that could be told...

I waited behind the nursery in the hidden tunnel. The darkness seemed never ending... But I knew something had to be on the other side. The tiger lilies that usually surround me were left in my cave so Death Blink couldn't scent me as quickly.

Eventually she came. Her face was covered with surprise, but she didn't dare hide the true feelings behind her eyes... I could see that she felt caught. Trapped. As her surprise eased, she sat down and asked me a simple question, "How did you know?"

"It was quite easy... I saw, in a vision, you leaving camp without permission. When you came back you weren't carrying prey to munch on. You're pretty quiet, I'll give you that."

She nodded, obviously contempt with my explanation. "I'll assume you haven't figured out where I was going?"

"No, that was a little too far ahead for me. My powers aren't able to see out of the camp yet... I've taken some guesses, but I know they're not correct."

"Mmhm," she grunted. "I'll tell you, only because I trust you and you'll find out someday anyway... It started a little over three months a go... The month of the Snow Fall. Evenon invited me out one evening to the waterfall not too far off. We discussed what happened with Ethrith, and if we needed any help coping with the pain. I told him no, and we parted our ways. Only a few nights later I came there to watch the moon rise, and for my hunting to begin..."

"He was there," I interrupted swiftly.

"Yes, yes he was," she murmured. "He was also watching the moon rise. We began talking... And here we are, months later."

"Does his mate, Cyania know?" I queried.

Biting her lip, she responded with a yes. I shuffled out of the tunnel, allowing her to pass.

Even though I can see that she wants her and Evenon to be just friends, her heart yearns for love... Death Blink is terribly strong, not even I could hold back that love for such a time.

With love,

Thorn-Heart

Edited by 7hippo7

Dear Diary,

My owner is threatening to abandon me if I don't turn into an alt...

What's an alt?

Yours lovingly,

Little Black Egg

Dear Diary,

I don't understand what happened. The human that usually takes me to the daycare had disappeared and mom says I need to go to the daycare to grow up.

Yours truly,

Tsu-chan

Dear Diary,

I'm hungry. No sign of the human yet and I haven't had any views for days. Mom and dad are worried and I'm getting weaker and weaker. A new dragon has appeared but mom says its 'not one of ours'. I'm not sure what that means cause all dragons that appear belong on the scroll, right? Dad calls it the 'lag monster'....

Why don't they like it?

Yours truly,

Tsu-chan

Dear Diary,

I don't remember. Mom was saying something about '... only one minute left...' then I didn't have any strength, everything was dark and mom and dad weren't there.

I think the human came back cause I heard her say, lets try reviving 'her'. Then there was pain and I stopped feeling anything.

The next thing I knew, mom and dad were standing over me and they were crying and I didn't have my wings anymore. Another human came and took me to the daycare again.

I don't see the lag monster anymore. I wonder if what happened to it? Did it become a new hatch like I did? Mom and dad just look angry when I ask about it, but I wonder if I'll see it again.

Yours truly,

Tsu-chan

For more on the dragons in my scroll, check out http://bookscrazygirl.livejournal.com/

(Writer: Rising Cold)

Dear Journal thing,

I hate being small.

No body understands me! Mother and Father love me, but what with the thing called the Lagmonster about, they fear that I won't survive...

Styrana, the strange human, named me for the chill she had felt when I hatched. I'm not even a Winter dragon, I am a Storm dragon! Why should she feel a chill?

Anyway, not even my friend Torkinas understands me.... We're both waiting for a gender... I want to be a boy!

Ugh, that annoying, chatty she-Red, Saurna (what a stupid name. Oh well, Sty almost named her Ryena. Yechh!) is gossiping with Vinefrost. Vinefrost isn't bad. At least he's friendly. Dumb, but friendly....

From,

Rising Cold

Edited by Styrana

I finaly got bored enough to go looking around the cave for interesting thing while I was waiting for my egg to hatch and my hatchlings to grow up, and ended up finding this....

3-18-09

Today's been a rather busy day for Suishou, Kenmei and I. Tsuki hasn't been here since early yesterday morning, so we've been spending the day tending to the hatchlings and egg, as well as calming everyone else down. I have to admit, without Tsuki, I fear for my little Gold egg's life. Well, it seems like Suishou needs my help, I must continue writing later.

~Bi Shiro Bara

I'll be sure to keep looking for more of these journal entries, they're rather interesting.

~Tsuki

Edited by Atemstruluv

I was cleaning up the hatchling's nests when i found a halfway-frozen journal page from Rising Cold under his nest....

Dear Journal,

If anyone's reading this, then stop. It's just about as sad and cold as the rest of my life. I'm a runt, an only child, and I have strange abilities. I know Storm dragons control weather, but I am even more adept--even more naturally intended--in frost, snow, and hail.

I hate being small!!

And Torkinas has wings. It turns out he's a boy. I want wings! I'm a Storm dragon, when will I grow up?

If I ever do...

I wish there was someone out there who would find me, understand me. [sighing] I shouldn't ruin your happy life, Journal. You sit there, warm and comforted, under my nest. Good-bye for now.

From,

Rising Cold. Still waiting for a true friend...

Gosh. I suppose he could use someone to understand him. Yeah, maybe I could find him a friend....

Edited by Styrana

Dear Diary,

What an AMAZING day! My friend and I finally hatched!

I'm afraid to say this, but, I think my owner likes her better.

Well, I'm a beautiful young Guardian dragon, and I will

protect my family to the end!

Love,

Staring at the Moon

Dear Journal Thing,

It's not fair! I'm an adult female... I want to be a male!!! Why did I have to gender as a girl?

Argh!

And I'm still half the size as the other Storm dragons. Torkinas hasn't grown up yet, though, but he's always out playing with Saurna and Vinefrost. Ugh, those two are as annoying as ever...

I hate my life!

From,

Rising Cold--who wishes her journal was a Death Note.

Edit: Ahh! Torkinas and Saurna grew up. Now there aren't any hatchlings or eggs! When will we be able to find more, when will the Lagmonster go away and have its fill of other sites?

Edited by Styrana

The magi dragon, Incedius Flame, wrote this:

Today something important has happened. I have found three tattered journals, written by three different paper dragons. I suspect that they are from the time when they ruled, rather than the tyrannical dragons, 'the Corrupt'. And it would appear that it came from before The Gremlin left. I will copy the last few entries from each journal in here, as time allows. There's little else to do, the Lagmonster is still prowling about, and every dragon in the 'clan', whether we be of the Corrupt or the resistance, has to remain hidden. Some wish it were gone, but I am glad of the respite.

Anyways, here is the first entry, written by a paper dragon, apparently their leader, called Blank Parchment:

"Dear Diary,
Today one of the red dragon brats got in my way when I was hunting. He had wandered from the cave, and couldn't find his way back. The little moron starting crying, alerting the deer I was hunting and causing them to flee. I was about to punish him, when that meddling shapeshifter The Gremlin intervened. I swear, he should just leave us alone. He may have founded the clan, but the clan would be a better place without that interfering fool. We don't need him anymore.
Also, we've heard about some group of raiding dragons, calls themselves 'the Wicked' or something. They haven't threatened us, of course, they wouldn't dare, but I have increased the guard just to make sure.
--Blank Parchment"

Here is another entry, from another paper called Origami Guardian:

"Dear Diary,
Blank Parchment wanted to hurt one of the younglings again. He claims that he stopped out of mercy, but I think it was the Gremlin that stopped him. I sought him out, and told him that while we appreciate it, he isn't our leader anymore. Blank Parchment is, though we dislike it. He shouldn't interfere. The Gremlin nodded and said that he understood, but that he was the one who took care of the Parchment One when he was an egg, though our 'leader' doesn't remember it, and that he will always be taking care of our clan 'no matter how corrupt the guardians of it get'.
Also, I'm worried about these 'Corrupt' dragons. Blank Parchment may go on about how great and famous we are, and how we are feared, but the truth is, not that many dragons know about us. And the Corrupt have already attacked and slaughtered many other clans. I'm worried about their motives."
--Origami Guardian

Well, it looks like that whole 'will never leave' thing didn't work out for the Gremlin. I wonder what changed? I guess I'll find out. Here's the last entry, written by one last paper dragon named Ebony Script.

"Dear Diary,
Things are looking bad. Blank Parchment is as corrupt as ever, and though Origami Guardian is a bit better, he can be pretty self-serving. And he's too scared of Blank Parchment to stand up to him.
And these Corrupt guys are freaking me out. I just know that they're gonna come after us!
--Ebony Script"

I'll copy another set when I get the chance.

Note: The paper dragons here don't actually exist, and never did. They are pure backstory. If somebody else is using any of these names, let me know. Incedius Flame, however, does exist and is in my scroll.

Edited by The Gremlin

Finally.

I thought it would be forever, but Kat finally returned. She seemed so happy to see us. I asked her why she was gone for so long. This was our converstantion:

"Kat, what happened?"

"What happened? I'll tell you." (She sat down, and her face turned grim).

"I was coming back into the cave the day after I left. Just as I was about to enter, a huge hissing noise made me turn around. A large monster with wires spurting around it stood in front of me, not letting me get to you guys. I tried day after day, but to the same result. I'm sorry."

She stood back up, taking off the pack she was carrying. "I have more bad news." she said. "Something's happened. No dragons can breed."

I could tell by the horrified expressions made by a few of the dragons in the cave reveal that they weren't expecting this at all. Snow and Winter looked the most saddened; they had been hoping for a beautiful spring egg. I didn't really care, though. Breeding wasn't my thing.

"We also can't get eggs from the cave."

"So this means no more eggs?" I asked.

"Well, a couple are left on the Abandon pile, but, other than that, no. But..."

She smiled, and reached into her pack. Pulling her wrist out, she revealed a gleaming black egg, much like myself. Finally. A new dragon.

~Coroc~

Edited by KjerneKat

This entry was written by Sorrowful Night, in the deep caverns.

"Dear Diary,

It looks like there aren't many eggs. Nobody can breed. They're all talking about the 'lagmonster'. Weird. Down here in the caverns, I don't get out that much, but I thought I'd go and see if I could help. I snuck up there--the Corrupt doesn't even bother guarding my tunnel anymore--and flew to the Cave where I was born. There it was, a horrible creature, twice my size. I knew I couldn't beat it. It knew it too, and didn't even bother attacking. I saw a bunch of frightened wild dragons trapped in the cave. I carefully snuck away. I can't beat it. Why should I? The surface hasn't done anything for me, and anyways it isn't all bad. At least the Corrupt can't continue increasing its army. I'm going to bed...sigh."

Dear Parchment,

The human brought home 4 pretty eggs. She was crying from happieness. She explained to us why she was crying.

"There are not as many eggs as before. They have stopped the breeding, and everyone is running to get eggs,"she said,"the lagmonster has everyone trapped."

I was wondering what the lagmonster was when suddenly a huge thing came and kicked at the human. It grabbed her and she struggled. "Fang, get the eggs!"she shrieked at my dad, King Fang. He grabbed them from the human, said,"Candy, stop struggling!" and tried to attack the monster. "Marilkan, Iggy, R.H.,G.F, Ralphie, Quianon, Maxx, Aaron, Kolann, Gazzy, Flayme, Kristophier, Silvion, Ruyoan, Kar, Patrick, Phaim, and Patonim, HELP! " he yelled, listing all the men in the clan, including my mate, Marilkan, and his father Iggy. I shrank back to my mother in law and my real mother, and watched the boys fight off the monster.

My friend Lai, who is a vampire, bit the monster and it let the human, "Candy", go.

Thanks for listening.

Princess Epiphany.

Dear Eggshell,

I am scratching this journal into the egg shell I am in. I've been looking around our cave, and see some other eggs hatching as well. Ever since the invasion of these 'Lagmonsters', Things have been quiet. But now it's getting better!

I knew I had been adopted. After being cold for so long I felt that I was moving and warming up, and now, I'll be a cute little Purple hatchling in a few days!!!

I hope Styrana names me something cute when I hatch.

With Love,

Purple dragon egg

Edited by Styrana

This look like fun...I want to try!

Dear Diary,

Recently Calem has been bugging me to come home and visit him. He says that I now have some more cave mates although I don't know why he still uses the word for me since I can't even go into the cave anymore. Still I love seeing new eggs and hatchlings so it might be a treat. Anyway you may be wondering about how I have done in convincing the Unabara clan to come out to sea. I have managed just yesterday to convince most of the younger ones and maybe and eighth of the older ones to leave out to sea with me, largely on the line of adventure and boundless horizons. While it's not much it should keep their lake from becoming overcrowded for a millennium or two. Anyway I don't have much more time to keep writing. If I don't leave soon I woun't arrive home in time to see the hatchlings before they grow up. Hmmm...it's strange that I still think of the cave as home...

~Nami of the Sea

Dear Diary,

It's such a dreary day today. Just look at that rain! Disgusting. Still at least the rain is keeping those annoying suitors away. Uh, I would ban them from my presence it wouldn't mean having to hunt for myself. Really though, why should I have to tolerate their desperate displays of affection. All I ask is to bring me fresh meat and to leave my presence, is that really so unreasonable? Anyway Calem has been asking for me to come down to to the cave sometime. I think he is trying to arrange some sort of family get together. I probably should go since he did raise me but I can't stand the thought of that dreary cave. I hope Ertami and Nami aren’t there. They are just so infuriating! Still it might be nice to see...what was her name again? The mint...well whatever her name was she was always such a good cave mate, willing to be at your beck and call. I could probably use someone like her around...That's it. I will go to Calem's family reunion and offer her to live with me, after all I have more than enough meat...now what is her name...

~Lady Lilac of Lavender

I will do more leading up to the family reunion later.

Edited by Calem