Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

There's something strange today. There's a thick fog outside, and even inside the cave: the owner can't reach us, and she's not happy at all.

She's worried for newbies, I suppose. I managed to find the eggs and tell her they're ok (the purple one has a big hole in it), but I can't find the hatchling. To be honest, I can't find Rav, or Alex, or Viktor...oh, Merlin's pants, I'm alone with the eggs! Oh, I'm getting nervous...I'm getting SO nervous...

The eggs! Where are they?

Edited by Lizzyluna

Entry #10

Today my master went to the cave for a bit and came back with an unusual egg. He said it was a new species all of us not to break , tip, or smash. I did not care for it and went to play with GraySpirte. I noticed it was unusually warm out.

SilverSpirte

The owner is crazy.

All those colorful eggs and we couldn't take one because we already had two eggs and a hatchling. Now we still have an egg and two hatchlings and...three new eggs! All together! And ok, we needed a grey and I really wanted an orange one, but...what do we do with another black?

I asked her and she just said: "Didn't you say you wanted a brother?".

I hope it's not a female.

Well, at least purple one is cute. But she keeps hiding when she sees me: am I so ugly?

Rani

Dear diary:

Currently rather wet outside. At least it's nice and warm in here. There's been news of new eggs, but I haven't seen any yet.

Skerry.

Entry #11

I was gendered male today, not much else, however my owner expanded the tent today. I think my owner has gone nuts over the egg, he's even put a window so he can watch the egg.

SilverSpirte

Found the journal!

Minty Minty Candy Cane

Here we go again.

Silverspirte

[Epic fail today. I was hunting for newborns (David's child hatched too) when I saw a big black dragon flying to the cave. I immediately attacked him, forcing him to leave, but I had the impression he wanted to say something. I didn't understand.

It took me a while and several wounds (the guy fights well) before I realised he was trying to say: "I'm Shakan, I'm looking for my daughter!".

It was the purple's father.

Rav is still laughing.

Rani

All ok with new ones. The Guardian is too serious for his own good, but he's a great sentinel. He tends to avoid us all, but seems to like my daughter.

Purple hatchling has developed a sort of imprinting on Alex: she follows him everywhere, and seems scared by other dragons, even females. I wonder why.

There are too many hatchlings here, and David's son is biting my tail. I'm going fishing for a while.

Viktor.

Edited by Lizzyluna

Entry #12

I grew up today, also the magi hatched. After I inspected the magi I hid my journal from Minty Minty Candy Cane. I also went to see GraySpirte who had also hatched. I saw him in the nest with a blue egg with white markings,I guess it was a skywing egg. After I found out that that was his new sibling and he is now a big brother. There's not as much snow and it's abit warmer I out, I hope that means spring is coming early. Out side I made a nest to sleep in and rise a family by GraySpirte's family's nest.

SilverSpirte

Edited by Mageziya

Journal entry 67

The strange little Flufflebutt creature finally grew up. We couldn't see any change as it developed, though it did start to give off the same sensations as any other female. She was given Brea'nu and his family as a pet - they are the peace makers of the clan and so the odd creature is safest with them.

It is believed that an answer has finally been found in regards to finding a mate for Biting Poison. There is a strange new egg that Rou'nik has laid, one that is like and yet unlike the other stones she has had with her mate. If this hatches into a new kind of dragon - as the black eggs are sometimes known to become a differently built dragon than is normal for warriors - then Biting Poison has agreed that this would be a dragon worthy of calling his mate. Now we wait to see how the little creature appears when it hatches and then what it shall gender as.

Biting Poison is more eager than any other in this matter. He knows he is ranked so low in the clan because of his single status. As it stands now, his only purpose is that of a breeder dragon - with a mate this would change and he would be given a true role.

I have been considering changing the order of power within the clan any way. Those who guard our home are ranked lowest because of their physical restrictions, lower even than the ones that only serve to play with and care for the eggs. Ranked above them are the breeding dragons, and above them those with an honest role to play. This has served us well, yet somehow I have a call to change it.

As it stands now, beneath my mate and myself are the traveling warrior and his storm-inducing mate are second in command - the two that are the most active in protecting our home besides myself. Ranked beneath them is the warrior couple that stays at the den to battle; under them are those that help to hold the peace within the clan. The sky sentries and those strange beings that leave food for us each dawn are then ranked in order, followed by those that protect the eggs and hatchlings with their large, rough wings whenever the clan must move for a hunt.

All this is well with me - what is next is where I am thinking a change is needed. The dragons that use the earth to battle are ranked beneath those that act as safety incubators. It seems they should be beneath those warriors that stay home to battle, yet these green ones serve more purpose than that, even. Their skills aid in hunting and in clearing new paths in our lands - they help wherever they can. Ranked below them are the two-heads, more sentries. This makes me wonder if they should be below the sky dwellers, yet as with the greens they have more than that one purpose, their heads proving useful in battle as well as watching the hatchlings. And under them are those that are ever aflame within, they that have not even the one title but simply help where it is needed, when it is needed.

That they should be ranked higher than the breeders, the egg watchers or the ones that guard our home seems to be a matter that needs dealing with. Yes, those with vines and the water-dwellers have a limited area - yet they guard the entrance and streams to our lands, all the same. While the small ones may only ever watch the eggs and play with hatchlings, they still serve a true purpose - that they are ranked so low simply because their purpose is not to aid in the hunt does not set well with me any more.

That they are beneath even the breeders is more upsetting still.

All these thoughts, this new way of perceiving how I have organized the clan, brought on by strange new eggs that the strangeling brought us to care for. The one that is as a stone and yet is not. Another with strange markings, yet is nothing like the egg of a sky dweller.

The nest that was built and maintained for caring for such new eggs is now completely full. The little green ones, those of a minty shade, turn the eggs frequently, with the breeders often peeking at their progress. We are curious - myself and my mate as to what roll these strange ones shall play, the rest as to who will hatch from the odd eggs.

It is time to turn them once again. Perhaps meditating with my mate will bring stillness to my mind. That or an answer over the rankings of the clan. These new questions, this reconsideration of the order of my clan - it is not a welcomed change.

Edited by NewShine

Wow. I must be dreaming.

Rose just said...can't believe...not Alex...just me...

And that black egg is...

Guys...I'm becoming a parent!...

I think I'm going to faint.

Rani

Edited by Lizzyluna

Journal Entry No. 16:

*Coughs* I am sick due to being too healthy, and my owner is hiding me in fog

because he said I wouldn't die that way. People are making lots of fuss over us,

and I think it's adorable! ^^ Usually, Holiday Dragons are supposed to hate each

other. I have to bunk in with these cool Halloween dragons and Christmas dragons

and my other friend, the other Valentine's egg! =) They are all so awesome! I

think he shouldn't try so hard to get a lot of us, and it's sad we can only get two

Christmas and two Valentine's. =( Oh well, I'm not mad at TJ, nobody's perfect.

Love, Valentine's Egg

Dear journal

The tender has been in and out lately, she brought home two very thin shelled eggs, and has locked them in a glass case out of reach of the other hatchlings and dragons. She says none of us are to go near them, and we're to guard the case with our lives seeing as they are a rare dragon like the halloween that she can only claim two of. Gassendi is moping, he was rejected by the silver chosen to be his mate, and is now forced to quest a new mate. These green and gold eggs are... Interesting to say the least, I've still no idea as to what they are. The odd stone is a male, there is still debate among us in the cave as to what he will grow up into.

drakkari

We are all busy today.

Dav and Rav's daughter grew up, but we have three hatchlings, Rose's egg, another grey Vik carried home yesterday and two cute eggs I've never seen before. A lady dropped them in the cave and I heard the owner thank her two or three times before picking them up. She seems happy but tired: she really should sleep more.

I'm happy to see we have all these new hosts: especially the two greys and the little magi. It looks like no-one else wants them, but my fellow dragons welcomed them without thinking. After all they welcomed me too.

Julie

Dear Journal,

I admit, I have neglected my writings lately. There hasn't been much to talk about. The males and Vampires are hunting as often as they can when it isn't took cold out. We lost Estuo. She disappeared one evening and hasn't been seen since, despite numerous searches for her by Emeree and the females. Eventually, we all gave up and decided it was for the best. Things have settled down nicely since she left. Even Emeree is glad she hasn't had to quell any fights between that crazy dragon and the Vampires.

There has been some excitement in the cave recently. Emeree discovered two more species of dragon, one of them quite rare, and a different type of Stone dragon. They fessed up to that secret when she questioned them about it not too long ago. It has caused her to wonder how many more secrets she'll discover. Who knows? I doubt most dragons will share the secrets they know unless she catches wind of them.

So, as expected with recent discoveries, we have three new hatchlings running around. They look quite odd with the frills on either side of their heads. Those frills can expand quite a bit when they feel threatened, though. Two dragons, our newest vine and black, found that out firsthand. I thought it was quite amusing to see two larger hatchlings running in fright from the newly hatched Frilled hatchlings.

There are five eggs, too. Four are bred. We have a Blue, Black, Gold, and Green. The newest one Emeree brought to the cave is one I haven't seen before. It's a pale pink with darker speckles, and it looks to be quite fragile. Everyone is being very careful whenever the egg needs to be moved or touched. Emeree seemed quite pleased to have gotten it. She believes it is quite rare, though a large number of them have been found recently. They're quite popular, too. She explained to me that she had to enlist the help of another to help her find one. This brought me to ask why she hadn't gotten two.

Evidently there is belief that the appearance of these eggs coincide with a human holiday. Emeree does not really care much for the holiday, so she wasn't searching as hard for these eggs as others might have been. However, she was quite happy to have received one. She reasons that it will be able to reproduce more of its kind eventually, which will allow her to get more later.

That's all the recent news. More to come.

--Aura Sunrise

Journal entry 75

A minor celebration was held today. Most of the hatchlings that the strangeling found grew into their genders. Two chose to remain young, one male and one that has yet to grow into their wings. Two others wished to grow still - both females. Even so young they know that there is no place for two females in the clan, not of the same kind - it induces a power struggle. One female would have to be triumphant, the alpha over the two, and this is not desired - by them or by the rest of the clan.

One of them will leave, but we are not sure which as of yet. Whoever it is, they'll make room to welcome a mate for the one that remains.Our nests for growing hatchlings are only so big and we can only support so many at once. Those that are to remain young no longer need our protection to grow and thrive and can begin their lives - those that are still to mature remain in the nest. This is why it's so important that the two young ones choose quickly. When there is room for a new hatchling, the two mates can grow together.

The strangeling has always handled these things carefully. She walks the hatchlings that chose to leave to the edge of our realm and passed, seeing them to the new home they chose. Eventually, she returns with either another egg or hatchling in tow, always looking unsure of itself.

Ah, she comes now - the young ones must have told her

~

Not surprisingly the female with the softer personality chose to leave. The strangeling was almost exceptionally kind while guiding this one to the place she shifts into and out of this realm of existence. What she returned with was a surprise, however; hardly a more confident or self-assured hatchling has been seen by these eyes, and they have seen many a hatchling indeed. For such a small creature he acted quite big.

This caused concern for a moment. The female that stayed was quite the strong personality herself - would they clash, as Grik'na and Rou'nik had at first? There is always a reassertion of the order with any new creature to enter the clan, yet it seemed that this would be quite a show indeed.

And it was, I must admit. The little ones gave such a fuss and fight that it was nearly as if two very small adults tore about the nest. The strangeling sat nearby, watching this with an almost curious air about her. In the end the little female was no match - she found herself tumbling into some stray corner and using her frills to cover herself as the new male charged her again, instead of puffing them out to imitate size.

She is still a strong little creature, of that there is no doubt. The gleaming flame can still be seen in her eye. But she is tamed, now, as well. She's guaranteed due respect from this mate that chose to come for her, as he did not escape unscathed, but ever will she remember that she was bested.

It is a very fiery way to end a long night, but a good one as well. The strange egg that Rou'nik had laid did, indeed, turn into a different kind of dragon than is typical for her kind. The age was reached where the little one grew into wings and a gender - a female, a perfect mate for our earth bound male. She is quiet, as her parents, but a different sort of quiet - one that indicates quiet, peaceful thoughts instead of shrewd observance.

She chose her name as soon as she was of age, calling the keeper to put what lay in her heart into true words. Silver Diamonds, she is to be called, quite the lovely name indeed for a lovely little lady. As the strangely built warrior seems to be the prince of his breed, she herself seem to be the princess of that are her own kind or close to it. Biting Poison is eager for her to grow - she has already impressed him.

All this, as well as some strange little egg that is at least as delicate as paper, if the way the strangeling handled it is any indicator. She shows care with all of us, yet the way she handled this latest reminded me of how she cares for the sick hatchlings when they play too hard.

The last she was seen to show such care for an egg from the start was when she was dealing with Krinkle, the pet of my mate and young. The oddly enchanted paper was carefully preserved until the spell had completed, the would-be dragon the first personal playmate to be brought to the clan.

I was not the only one to observe such things - Rhi'hanan took note as well and warned our young that they were to take it seriously whenever the strangeling herself showed such care with something. While the creature is always gentle, she is never unduly cautious.

There is one final thing worth noting before I rest in the morning sun, something Rhi'hanan herself said as the strangeling guided the timid frill to her new home. With these new faces, these strange new creatures that have come to our clan, the fear of our fate has been put to rest. As long as there is new skill to help us grow and thrive, all will be well.

What I myself have noted is that the strangeling was never concerned herself. She merely smiled that secretive smile that plays over her face when she knows something more than is seen.

Eventually, the others will learn to trust in her as I do. I shall live in peace in once this happens. Until then, we keep order together.

Edited by NewShine

So we have a cute little daughter. We also adopted lil Regulus, who's really a living earthquake.

Alex will have a daughter too: he and Julie are a great couple. I felt bad for Christy, but the owner had someone for her, our storm boy Will. No eggs yet...but they're still happily paired.

New hatchlings are catching everyone's attention: even Vik likes to babysit them. they're so cute...

New magi finally accepted his weird name. Boys keep teasing him, but the fog hatchling is always ready to bite them so the're a bit more careful.

Rose

Journal entry 90

A proper order has been restored in the clan. It was fairly troublesome, as was expected, and I have a strong headache now. But I can rest well, knowing that my clan and family have had peace returned to them.

Journal Entry No. 17:

Hey, I'm a Geode dragon. Most people freak out about me, 'cause I'm rare. My

parents don't look like me (Kinda) so I'm assuming I was adopted. I share a room

with a Dragon who loves absolutely everyone and everything, a snooty dragon

entirely made out of gold, and one that likes to attack things, who is foreign and

for my owners "Black Dragon Army". Sometimes, I like to just get away from the

world, and burrow to my secret underground cave, with lovely crystals and

minerals. Although it's only a matter of time before the other dragons find out.

Signed, Crystal Pond.

Dear journal:

A few of the clan members have departed to the wilderness. Surprisingly, everything has pretty much gone on as normal. Nothing has exploded or gone missing. Mynyddygwair brought back one of those strange eggs we'd been hearing so much about. It's green with a orange-ish streak. Ridiculous White Fey keeps poking at it, wanting to know what sort of dragon is inside. I must admit, I'm fairly curious to know as well.

Black Winter Queen.

Dear Journal:

The green egg hatched a few days ago. The hatchling has large frills on its head. I've never seen a dragon quite like it before, and am curious to know what it will look like when fully grown. It is a curious little hatchling, however, wanting to know what everybody is doing. It has been following different dragons around, and watching them closely.

Black Winter Queen.

Journal Entry No, 18:

Oops, gotta start writing in itallics again! Anyways, I'm a mint dragon. I feel

kinda weird since my dad, when he grew up, he didn't look like me. He told me

that eventually, by the power of the god TJ (Who has created many powerful

dragons along with the help of his other gods, called "spiriters (spriters)".) he

changed the way mint hatchlings looked. He was one of the first dragons that my

owner got. Since my name is a food, other dragons sometimes joke about eating

me, but I'm still scared. My brother, Lime Slice, is also afraid. I hide with the

chickens, Road Crossings and Frozen Chicken Dinner. My other brother,

Denekayi, already married a white dragon and has a kid who's already grown up!

It's weird being so young. Anyways, I gotta go, that red dragon is looking at me

and her stomach just rumbled.

Signed, Breath Mint.

Edited by Dragcave Explorer

Found this when I was tending the eggs and hatchlings this morning:

Dear scroll,

It's not easy being a dragon with a funny name. At first I didn't know what our human was thinking when she named me “Me Kate, Me Throw Rock”.

Over time I've come to accept and even like my name. I am an Earth dragon and I do throw rocks. Most of my clanmates refer to me as just Kate or Kate Locke, which is fine by me. The only exception is Peter Watts. He takes every opportunity to make jokes at my expense. (That's a black dragon for you. I shouldn't really say anything bad against the breed though since my mother is a black.) If he keeps it up he's going to get a rock in the snout for sure and certain, mark my words.

Speaking of prickly dragons, I should probably mention my mate, Dominick. He's a Vine and they are rather difficult under the best of circumstances. He loves putting on an antisocial front whenever any of the clan hatchlings venture into his garden and he calls our human “puny pink two legger” and other derogatory things. He doesn't mean it though. If anyone tried to harm her they'd be swiftly strangled by vines.

Dominick is really a very sensitive soul, although he hates to admit it. I never would have consented to mate with him if he was as unpleasant as he would have you believe he is. We have a lovely daughter now. Melissa Locke Greene. I am very happy she is an Earth like me. One Vine in the clan is more than enough if you ask me. Our human must believe differently though as she returned from the hunt several days ago with another Vine egg. The little thing just hatched yesterday. I must admit they are cute when they're babies. It's when they grow up that they get annoying.

Kate

Very interesting. Tucks scroll back where I found it.

I'll have to look around and see what else I find.

Journal Entry 138

What the Strangeling refers to as 'the hunt' is now over. The clan is no longer offering shelter to new dragons. We continue to breed, however. Some still hope for a family, though most others have the Strangeling take their eggs. They are still our precious little ones, but they are not meant to be here with us. So she takes them through the realms and worlds and lets them live their lives where and how they please.

It has brought a calmness to my clan mates. There is peace among us.

The hatchlings wish for a story. I shall note more later.

Dear journal:

It has been very quiet as of late. Four of the new eggs have large holes in them, and we can hear the hatchlings peeping inside. Several of the newest members of the cave still have yet to choose names for themselves, but there's no hurry to do so.

Black Winter Queen.

Dear Something-or-Other.

Dragonic has not been seen in the cave for a few days. I've been to the rival clans, and their Scroll Keepers have not been seen either. I'm getting worried. The cave is on high alert for a new creature I heard a rumor of in the Main Cave, just last night.

the Lagmonster.

I do not know what it looks like, nor what it can do. But I am very sure it is what has caused all the Scroll Keepers to dissapear. Vergil and the rest of the Silvers have been searching the countryside.

I hope we find her soon.

Shiro Saki.

Apparently, my silver female is very bored. I found this when I stopped by earlier.

Hi Journal.

It's me, Feriatica. I really wish I wasn't so terribly shy. Brightest Moonstar is really kind to me and is just like a big brother. However, I still have nothing to do. When he shakes me off, I have nowhere to go. It's so horrifyingly boring to have nothing to just sit around all day and watch the young ones frolic and the old ones debate and argue and snore and sleep. My own son has been avoiding me. Yzhn, our keeper, seems to be gone a lot. When she is here, she is constantly prodding the hatchlings to grow up. I wish she wouldn't. When she pokes and prods them, it really hurts them. I know she was never that rough with me, but that was because she has a soft spot for silvers. Oh, it's just so boring here. What do I do?

Feriatica