Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Journal entry 12

The stone and storm eggs finally hatched. As was expected, there is not much to be said for them; new born hatchlings are very similar, all bounding and exploring and playing. Both have chosen to be forever young, though I still await the day they shall develop more. Both were long awaited...

In the news of hatchlings, I caught my mate relaxing today. She had both our young climbing over her like she was a great mountain. Her magics made Sweet'Song fall over with giggles of glee. It was a rare site, and a welcome one.

It didn't last, as these moments rarely do. Just as quick as it had been seen it was finished, Rha'ni using the chance to further his skills. Forever young and forever learning; innocent and aged at the same. Watching them never ceases to fascinate me.

They seem to be more relaxed around the strangeling now. Whatever they had felt that was bothering her seems to have lessened, at least a bit. My two are the closest bonded to her besides my mate and myself, and the young are far more sensitive to such small things, so it is not very surprising looking back now.

The others are anxious for spring to begin. The strangeling, odd as she is on her best day, is ever more obscure in the late winter to early spring. The same pattern happens in the late summer and early fall. It seems to be an illness she calls being 'in heat,' yet what that is I cannot begin to fathom. She carries a strange scent when these times come, however, as well as that of another strangeling; a male that we have seen but has not seemed to be aware of us yet.

She spoke of him a bit during her visit this last time. One of the hatchlings; Kee'gani, the random red one she brought to us; had decided to ask of her strange scents. While she didn't speak of her illness, she did speak of her mate while she worked.

Celestial Shadow and Trini's Storm were home during this visit, so there was a great celebration. Not only was the roaming warrior and his stormy mate home from their travels to keep the clan safe, the strangeling that created and cared for this realm we call home had come to play and sing. It has been an interesting day, to say the least; Even Sven'La and Crimson Tides set aside their petty feud to enjoy the mirth and music as the greater sun lowered itself behind the magnificent falls. Rhi'hanan and Trini's Storm worked to create a small show as the lesser sun glinted off the three smiling moons, mixing magic with nature to match the melodies that danced through the air.

~Sky'Song

Edited by NewShine

Something...under my bed? How strange, it has the words 'My Diary' and a picture of Queen Midora on it. Let me check what it says.

Dear Diary,

Today, my owner quickly made a scroll copy and ran outside of the cave. She came back saying something odd in her rough human language. The literal translation is "The eggs of the cave in the scroll are to survive", but I think she meant to say "The eggs will live." I doubt it.

Once this batch die, she'll grab some more. I hope that includes her first rare, along with some more pinks. She's insane, and she's trying to build an army of them to turn all other dragons into pinks too.

Diary, I'm scared. I'm a red. I don't want to be pink. Help me!

Queen Midora

...What? I'm not crazy! *burns diary*

Queen Midora, who was watching the whole time: ...WHAT did you do with my diary?

Me: biggrin.gif

Midora: rolleyes.gif

Edited by Diamond

Journal Entry No. 15:

I'm technically a hatchling, so I don't care if I write in here. I am a "halloween

dragon", even though our kind has still been dropping on november. Lots of

people want us. I mean, seriously, my page says:

Egg Stolen on: Nov 01, 2008

So those people who still call us "halloween" should die. I have a rivalry between

the Christmas (More like weird reindeer thing...) frozen hatchling. It's because

holiday dragons should fight each other. And I heard there was some dumb love

dragon and some shamrock thing and dumb bunny dragon too. Ugh, the thought

of those things prancing around the cave makes me sick. My owner should

replace them with tombstones. Oh, and the "little tree" thing counts as a holiday

dragon, so I encourage other dragons to "do their business" on it, and I kick it

every day. Some dragons think I'm cruel, well, what can they do about it? If

anyone laughs at me for writing here, I'll rip their heads off.

Signed, The Living Dead

Edited by Dragcave Explorer

The owner is back. She was away some days and left us with another owner who's got lots of dragons with fantastic names...and silver ones too! Silver females were very kind, especially with David and Christy who were still a bit weak. Mum Ely had all the help she needed and finally her little daughter is born! Viktor is thrilled too: tries to pretend he doesn't care but last night he couldn't sleep, I saw him.

We have just named her: we decided to take inspiration from our sitters' names but it was difficult, they're all so wonderful!

Owner says it was a great birthday present for her. I don't know what "birthday" is, but I noticed she's got something new around her wrist. Something silver and shiny.

I sometimes miss that cave: dragons are very nice, especially a Magi one...and I don't understand why Rani keeps saying he's "One Who Doubts" I will find a mate. He's so stupid. And becomes more and more stupid every day.

I don't need a mate, you idiot. I've already found one: he's just too stupid.

I'm happy to have Christy: I really needed a friend.

Rose

Dear Diary:

My wings have grown. Can't wait until I'm fully grown, as then I can mate with the females. There are two black hatchlings in the nest with me. They don't have their wings yet, but Father told me that some hatchlings gender faster than others. I've been practising my magic, so that I'll be ready if anything untoward happens when I grow up.

Catch The Snow.

Dear Diary,

Jill won't shut up! I so wish she wasn't my Siamese twin, it sucks. That little black dragon is about to become an adult, god I hate that kid... And what's with all the eggs? I hate it here.

Love, Trish

Dear Diary,

I should think up a name for you. How about Taco? Yesh, Taco it is.

Dear Taco,

I am going to tell you a secret! I'm... ACTUALLY A HATCHLING! I was trying to read Rosetail's thoughts, but I accidentally turned myself into an adult! That's not fair! mad.gif I'm off to pull a prank on the youngest hatchling.

-

Shaak Ti, magi female

My silvers journal

Entry #1

I can't remember much, yet I could see through the hole in my egg. This was the first time I had seen the world outside of my egg.I normally slept in the egg but I was curious. I was on something and there was a tiny egg next to mine. I saw pairs of dragons with 1 lonely egg among each pair. There was a fire in a the large tent I was in and outside was snow. This is as much as I could remember.

Entry # 2

Not much, yet I broke off some eggs shell and now the hole is wider. I am very anxious to get out, also, I noticed a small light green baby dragon in a nest with purple colored dragon and a full grown light green colored one. I have also seen a human checking the eggs temperature and went to so how the light green hatchling it doing.

Edited by Mageziya

Journal entry 27

The search for a mate for Biting Poison continues. There is a strange and ugly hatchling that was recently brought to the cave by the falls, one that has everyone else intrigued. It smells of food to me, but I've no wish to eat it. It was grown and hatched in our cave, with our young, and so is one of our own.

The other hatchlings have taken to calling it Flufflebutt. It is another pet, just as the enchanted paper and strange creatures that came from the spotted eggs. There has been several fights over who shall claim it as pet when it grows; or even what it will look like whence it does.

Some are beginning to wonder what will happen once the clan has reached the maximum size. We know that the strangeling can control this realm she created, but there is still the matter that, as far as efficiency, we can take on no more dragons after Biting Poison finds a mate other than perhaps two more hatchlings. Even then, after those two, we will be fully efficent in size and abilities, having no more or no fewer dragons than can be supported and hold a purpose.

Our focus up to this point had been to develop the clan into a healthy state. Some wonder what shall come once this is done; nothing more than breeding and surviving, it seems. Some do not see a problem with this; indeed they see it as a welcome and restful life. Others worry over a lack of direction.

The strangeling seems not to worry, however. Secret knowledge churns in her eyes always - for now, even those that had begun to worry are calmed by her steady mind. None question her; she found and helped to raise each of us, caring for us with a tenderness that a typical dragon mother would lack.

Whatever may come, for the time at claw we still have the hope of finding a mate for Biting Poison and waiting for whichever hatchilngs or eggs the strangeling has follow her heel to the safety of the caverns by the great falls over the cliffs.

~Sky'Song

Just found this while I was tidying the pens.

The Diary of Floraray:

I have just found a CD. On it is the most beautiful Music I have ever heard. I use it to help the frozen hatchlings to get to sleep. However, there are three pieces that are very strange.

The Mistress has just explained that it, in fact belongs to her friend, Noa, ((Character in one of my RPs)) but that we are free to listen to all but the frightening ones, as they have a hidden value, and can awaken something odd in the souls of Dragons (I have researched what this is by asking the wise old Guardian, Edero, and it is called the 'Vampire Reflex.') Oh, hang on, what's that sound? I feel queasy...

The rest of this paper had blood on it, and two dead eggs and a dead hatchling were found, so I assume the the Vampire reflex awakened.

The Diary of Neshet:

I have reversed the Vampire Reflex! Although Floraray still feels queasy, she has made a fullish recovery! Oh, what's that music? I feel queasy. Ugh. Fortunately, whites aren't affected by the Vam....

Neshet fainted.

Dear diary:

Well, that was...I mean, what are the chances of that happening? Earlier today, Mynyddygwair took the egg that he and Mitzen had, and placed it in the Abandoned cave, so that some other dragon could take it. He came back with two more eggs, a stone and a water. However, he then flew off again, saying that he'd seen a storm egg sitting a little apart from the others, and that he didn't want the hatchling inside to die.

He came back with it, and put it with the other three. Then Mitzen, who'd gone over to have a look, said that she could smell her scent on it. Mynyddygwair was adamant that she was wrong, she insisted that no, she wasn't, and they very nearly got into a fight. Once Karach had calmed them down, she took a look at it.

He'd picked up the same egg that he'd gone and abandoned earlier.

I swear Mynyddygwair is a Skywing in diguise sometimes...

Skerry.

Edited by Ghost Cat

O.o ooo saw these and went poking round dragon nests...

From the nest of my male silver

Dear unused Journal that I stole form the two-legger who takes care of me,

The female two legger is scaring me..staring at the 3 black eggs in the cave and saying such things as "curse you be alt be alt" what ever alt is. My brother or sister is close to hatching..at least that is what Dolmarion and Trosey say. I find it weird that a male dragon would lower himself to take care of eggs and hatchlings it seems that that would be a females job, but that is whites for you. Pacifists all of them.

I am sick and tired of these blacks, except for my father and the frozen young ones they are more trouble then they are worth, always starting fights with one another.

God this noise the two legger has playing, she calls it Dutch music, it sucks. It really disrupts my concentration. I think I'll go look at the females of the cave..Shakith and I had a fight and I need a new mate. I might be foreced to mate with one of those unruly blacks the Dragon Lords forbid.

~Novus Mortuus

From the nest of Shakith the female guardian

Dear stone tablet,

Grr that Novus, he is no longer allowed near me. He so allowed the two-legger to abandon all three of our eggs. Why did she abandon my three but allow Trosey and Kyouji to keep theirs??

♥Shakith♥

Ooo here is Kyouji's

Dear slightly charred parchment, (must remember to not allow Shinkokami near my writing supplies again)

Trosey and I are proud to have a son though are disheartened for we were hoping for a daughter. We knew that if our first child together was male it was going to be given to the two-legger female's male friend. I hope that our little boy grows up before that transition can happen. The little rascal is such a joy to have around. Oops the silly fool just tried flying before his wings were strong enough to carry him, must go get him and bring him to Dolm for healing.

-Kyouji

and from the black male frozen

Dear piece of paper,

Why was I given this name?? When ever I tell people my name they laugh and start saying weird things like "I need two coconut halves to bang together" and "we are the knights that say NI!". I feel all alone. I am planning on running away. IntoMyNightmare won't be too happy but I can't stand this name.

♣It's Only a Flesh Wound

O.o oh my seems I got to go stop an escape attempt

Entry #3

Not much has happened,however the light green hatchling came up to my egg, sniffed, and ran back to it's nest.I saw a two headed dragon walk into the large tent, probably because it was cold. It walked up to the fire, sat down, curled up, sat down and fell asleep.

Edited by Mageziya

Oh, other big surprise! Aunt Raven has just found her soulmate...and just imagine, it's David the Red! Another week and we'll have a Flying Burnt Strawberry here.

I swear I've heard Vik mutter "Just what are you waiting for, you idiots!"

Rani

Our little daughter is such a joy. And Rav will have a family too. Now we just have to wait for Rose's children, and for that two helpless Peter Pan. They're still fixed on Rose, I guess. Vik hates the idea of a feud disturbing his cave, and he's becoming a bit obsessed: he heard Rose telling Christy "Well, one of them could mate with my daughter" and he went on muttering about it all night long. I think he's still in the main hall planning to make a poster saying "This IS NOT Twilight"

I go. Joy is calling.

Ely

Entry #4

Next to nothing happened, I am straining to get out of my egg, yet I don't have the strength to break out. I had also noticed that there were a few nests outside when my egg was turned to ajust temperature.

Entry #5

I had finally hatched! After I had been cleaned up and named by my owner I decided to meet the other hatchlings. When I tried to meet the light green hatchling, whose name was Minty Minty Candy Cane all he did was flee. Then I walked outside and met a recently hatched gray hatchling, whose name was GraySpirte. We became great friends. Strangely, I sometimes saw his parents staring at me with amazement.

SilverSpirte

Edited by Mageziya

Dear Diary,

My owner wants me to come out of the huge hole in my shell. I can just tell by the way she checks on me like 30 times every hour. I don't want to leave my egg though! I don't! I saw all the adult dragons outside, and boy are they big! I even saw this one with the palest scales I've ever seen. Piercing red eyes, oh boy, unnaturally sharp fangs. The dragon turned & stared me down until I dived by into the bottom of my egg. That encounter gave me nightmares for weeks. What am I going to do? D:

My owner brought home a golden egg a while ago. She loves it to bits. I don't like how it sits up all straight & perfect, gleaming so brightly. I'M NOT JEALOUS, OKAY?

-yawns- I need to go take a nap.

-BB6K

Edited by WinterRaven

Dear Taco,

The youngest hatchling is creeping me out! It's staring at me and licking its lips!

I've been assigned to eggsit two magi eggs... maybe I can switch bodies with one of them when it hatches!

-

Shaak Ti

Entry #6

MY owner went out for a while and before he left me inside and closed the tent door. I wanted to get out so I could play. I tried getting to Minty Minty Candy Cane yet he keeps running from me. I saw the same look in his parents eyes as I did in GraySpirtes parents.After about an hour or two he came back mumbling and he was scratched,dirty, and very tired.

SilverSpirte

Hey, I'm not scared, I'm just to nervous to come up to such a rare and amazing specie of dragon.

Minty Minty Candy Cane

What the!? How did you find my entrys! What you just said explains a lot, I'm going to look into it.

SilverSpirte

Edited by Mageziya

Entry #7

I found out about my kind by sneaking a page out of his dragon encyclopedia. I found out that my kind of dragon is the most beautiful and elegant of all dragon breeds. That explains the look in all the full grown dragons eyes. Also on a side note my owner got a orange dragon egg.

SilverSpirte

My parents were telling the truth!

Minty Minty Candy Cane

That's it, new hiding place!

SilverSprite

Edited by Mageziya

I can't believe it.

After my unexpected egg the owner looked for another one to keep it company (new Guardian hatched this night) and the boys chose a purple egg which looked lonely. And...we dragons can feel it: it wasn't a new egg. This poor girl (because she must be a girl) was kept in a warm nest for her first two days and then left alone in a freezing place, until her lucky star brought us there.

I'm personally taking care of her and raising her properly, with my own child.

Ravenclaw Glory

PS: Viktor actually made that weird poster. I wonder what's the meaning of it.

Edited by Lizzyluna

Entry #8

Today the tiny egg hatched,it looked nothing like a dragon, nor did it act like one. It came up to me and poked me with it's sharp mouth,so I got in a little fight, but my owner stopped it,now there's a fence separating us. Things are going okay with me and GraySpirte, and only moments ago we came across a big lake. I walked close to the waters edge to take a drink and then I heard something. I looked around, but there was nothing there, then I blue snake fish cross like dragon erupted from the water. I was scared at first and then had a little talk with it.

Ps. Minty Minty Candy Cane can't find my journal any more.

SilverSpirte

Edited by Mageziya

Entry #9

Minty Minty Candy Cane grew up today and GraySpirte was gendered male by my master and is now flying all over the place, also master became sick. This all I can write, we need ti get to masters needs.

SilverSpirte

(I truly am sick)

Through all the darkness in my cave, I guess one of my dragons forgot to put this away. xd.png

10/02/09

Dear diary,

Master was in a rush today. He kept saying something that sounded like, "New eggs, new eggs!". There seem to be a lot of people outside our cave too. Master came back with this weird-looking egg; something like the vines with a splash of gold on it. I hope it's not a vine egg or something like that. I hate them. Honestly, who would want to live in the dark damp earth with no one else to talk to? The sky's the limit, and that's where I'd like to be!

Something's wrong with the power today. The lights kept going on and off and the incubators wouldn't get warm enough for the eggs and hatchies. I'm worried for them, to be honest.

I pity the red hatchie. My master keeps pestering her to grow up so that he can mate her with Stoghal, the stone dragon. She looks depressed.

Well, that's all for now, I think I'd better stop here, the light's look like they're going to go out at any min-