Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

It appears my new frozen chicken hatchling, Sir Nugget of the Frier, has decided to log her "valiant efforts" to slay my dragons in a journal of sorts.

Dear Reader,

My name is Sir Nugget of the Frier. I am a knight, a lady of the people. I fight for their safety.

I recently began a rather dangerous journey into a lair full to the brim with dragons. I was led here by a girl by the name of Narelle, who seems to have found a way to come and go freely. I should question her about that later.

My task is a long one - to slay every beast in the cave and rid my people of their tyranny. I have decided to begin with the largest and oldest of them - an orange beast with a temper. He's a formidable opponent, but I shall do what I must to defend my people. Should I lose my life in my efforts, I should only hope that another will continue where I left off so that our people will one day be free to roam without fear of attack.

I had launched an attack on the great beast earlier today - an encounter that I'm afraid ended in defeat. I managed to escape, just making it out before he lunged. It appears the size comparision between myself and the brute gave me an advantage. I shall strategise how as to better use that later. For now, I must bid you adieu. The black one is drawing nearer, and I'm not yet prepared for that battle.

Dutifully,

Sir Nugget of the Frier

January 11th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Cassie was watching movies earlier, and she came to check on us. There, she found that Chaos Nightshade had grown up into an adult. As for any new eggs, she brought none.

Edit: And I just found his Jan. 10th entry as well:

January 10th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Cassie was a bit sick today. Heck, she didn't get this one up til just now! However, she did come to see us and found that our Black Hatchling had gendered male (which she named "Chaos Nightshade"), and the first split egg had hatched as well.

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

I hate all of the dragons on this scroll. It is my wish that my so-called 'owner' would release them.

My children fail. Especially Zuko.

Ozai Dao Le

That is SO Ozai. xd.png

Journal Entry No. 2:

Apparently, my owner is too lazy to make us have separate journals or something, so all this writing is crammed into one. I would write about my life, but it's plenty boring. Okay, all I have been doing for the past month was standing. Everyone wanted me and my cousins. What is the big deal? Why is everyone obsessed with getting me? I AM JUST A PIXEL OF A TREE THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If you're wondering how a tree can write, I've got no idea. Maybe my ornaments come to life and form a hand or something. Anyways, all those other dragons are annoying, and do their "buisness" on me. I keep trying to tell my "owner" to just release them, or maybe kill them, or even better, pee on them.

Leetle Tree that does not have a name, in fact, how can you tell them apart? I fail at writing.

Edited by Dragcave Explorer

January 12th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Well, Cassie seems to be feeling a lot better than she was during this weekend, but when she saw that the Split had gendered female, she took her to the abandoned cave and gave her away. Twin Dream knew that was coming, but of course, Cassie came back with yet another Split Egg. As for the other eggs, none of them have started to hatch yet, which worries me. I do hope that none of 'em are dead or anything...

Oh! I almost forgot this, but Advent Dawn gendered today! And yes, it's a female. We were kinda wondering when she'd gender finally, but we're all happy, especially Cassie, even if she's a female, that is.

And, just a bit ago, Cassie bred Stratos and Taser together, and they produced a single Storm Egg, which, of course, Cassie is keeping.

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Winterspark's thoughts

Being a winter dragon in this lonely cave isn't much fun at all, really. Everyone else has a mate. Well, except for Lapland the hoity toity christmas dragon who won't talk to me, and Fallonne, the autumn that barely talks at all.

She's really pretty. And I wish I could get to know her better, but all she does is poke at the other dragon's eggs and act as cavemother to the hatchlings. Doesn't she see me? Does she like snow? I could bring down a snowfall to her and maybe her eyes would sparkle like the flakes do...

I've gotta go, she's sniffing the air like something's up. I think I accidentally turned the weather cold again...she hates that....

Ok this is for my blue dragon, PaddyAqua.

Entry one

I grew into my final form, and love the water. Land is a unimportance to me now, I don't miss it one bit. I noticed that my owner had got a pink egg not so long ago, that's good news because it gives me someone else to play with!

Entry two

The pink egg hatched a while back, she is a lovely dragon but I don't have much in common with her. I hope I can find a nice water dragon to swim with! Oh the joys of water.

Entry three

It seems my owner has collected a lot of young dragons, granted that some of them are still eggs. My owner seems to be a collector, maybe she will collect a nice girl water dragon for me.

This girl dragon will have to like the same things as me; swimming, thinking about swimming, talking about swimming and.... swimming.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's all I found ^.^

Journal Entry No. 3:

My so-called owner is constantly nagging on me about not putting a date on this, and even worse, burning down the sofas. Hey, I'm a FIRE dragon! What does he expect of me? I just got out of my egg. Apparently, people are going crazy about the egg because it looks different. That's just weird. Now that I can actually see the world, I see that another fire dragon like me got frozen. If my owner even tries to freeze me, I'll breathe fire, and burn down ALL the sofas. Although the water dragon scares me. There's only one, but it still does. Oh by the way, my owner put me in fog, because I'm sick. How the heck does fog help you from being sick? Chicken soup will help. You know, I think I saw a chicken in this cave. I'm going to try to find it and EAT IT.

'Till next time, Infinite Inferno.

Dear Diary

Things have gotten better. With my newest son helping us hunt, we've managed to be able to feed the clan. The best time to hunt is right after dusk, if you ask me...

Yuki, who has still been spying on the other cave, said that Isabella's egg was a male, and he is now an adult. Also, the pair now have a second egg! Well, hatchling now.

Still no word on how long Vergil's going to be like this... The poor red hatchling won't leave his side. Only to train, does he even take an eye off his 'older brother'. He's gotten strong, very strong for one his age. Although his determination scares me... Bloody Dust and Antique Rose, the two who adopted Vergil into their family, have now adopted the red hatchling. As soon as he gain a gender, Dragonic will name him.

Speaking of her, she has just announced that she is going to go to the other cave, see if she can't talk some sence into Reign. Fayted, Shiro, and Helio are going with her. We wouldn't want the girl who raised us to get hurt... That would be horrible!

Black Inferno Temptest

January 13th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Well, Cassie came back a bit later from work, but it was pretty active. However, she had a surprise, to say the least. The Split had hatched finally. Afterwards, Cassie picked up a new Black Egg. She's also joined a society that rescues abandoned Black and Dark Green Eggs, along with other common Eggs, something she holds dear to her heart, since most of us were first abandoned Eggs and Hatchlings. She says we're going to raise all Black Eggs until they hatch and then gift away the hatchlings (except if they're the two Alt hatchlings she's looking for), as well as Splits that become females, since we all know that Cassie is looking for two Male Splits, one for Twin Dream and one for Pandora). Now, we have to see what the new Split genders as well as what the two Black eggs hatch into.

And, for the first time, Cassie bred Vent and Thetis. They had four eggs, three waters and a Guardian. Cassie kept one of the waters, since Vent already had two children already, and Thetis had adopted little Sapphire as her own. She tried breeding Chaos Nightshade and Amethyst Moonlight, but they didn't want to breed. We think it's because of what happened to most of Amethyst's last clutch the last time around.

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Journal Entry No. 4:

Evidently, my owner still makes all the dragons share a journal. I hatched, which was actually kind of boring. The silvers hate me, and I'm sure the new silver egg will, too... What I don't get, is that this black egg was gotten before me, its got higher stats too, but I hatched first! My owner said it was because the creator of me decided to make all the dragons grow up at random. If I grow up at random, then how will I survive? So he's just going to let me randomly grow, not knowing if I'll even live? Anyways, now I can actually write. Whenever light shines on me, everyone goes blind. Maybe I should do it more times.

Signed, 24 Karat Medallion, Ex Gold egg.

While going through the clan's family tree, we found out something sad, and NovaStardust note this:

NovaStardust:

Cassie making a list of us to see which one of us is CB (like EmeraldStorm and Ra), which are Abandoned (like myself and Nova), and which are bred (like Vent and Ultimate X) as well as checking up on the parents, when she discovered something startling. Giro Wind, our little Male Storm, had parents that were deceased, which meant that he was now technically an orphan, which shocked us all, but Taser, Aeolus, and Stratos (along with little Harpuia) definitely made sure to let little Giro know that no matter what, he would not ever be killed because Cassie was too gentle an owner to ever kill any of her hatchlings or eggs... It's still sad, to say the least, when we found out about him, tho.

Wings of Gold:

Ahhh...yay I hatched. I hated that dark egg, it was like being in jail except egg shaped. I'm not pleased with my owner who nearly called me GOLDENFEATHERS. What feathers? *sigh* My owner is strange.

I hope my siblings didn't get some loser that freezes them to feel complete *shiver* Boy am I glad to not be frozen and sit there like an ornament.

Well, Wings of Gold out!

Journal Entry No. 5:

Okay dudes... here's the thing... I'm not a dragon. I'm actually a dino. I was, like, buried underground for a few million years, it was really boring. It's a good thing we had cable. Anyways... y'see, my owner is like, totally desperate for a red dino, right? 'Cuz he has every other dragon (Not counting zombie and neglected, and christmas 07) except me? So he, uh... posted somewhere that he wanted one and then I got shipped to him (Thanks Iya kin!). And all the other dinoes are protecting me from all the angry dragons. I am bored, so I'd better stop typing, my uhhh... shell is getting tired? How do I type? I dunno.

Signed, Red Dino Egg

January 14th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Well, after finding out about little Giro's parents, we've let him stay near Taser's egg (which, according to Cassie, doesn't show up on either parent's scroll and does not show parents, which makes it look like a Cave-Born, which we know isn't true) to keep him company as well as little Harpuia. Vent and Aile take turns watching over him as well, and Melodious Caroler helped him go to sleep earlier by singing a soft lullaby.

At any rate, our second Split egg is about to hatch, so we'll have another Split soon. And, Cassie found out from her friend (who she gifted a female Split hatchling to a long time ago) that he has a Silver Egg. Once the hatchling matures, he'll bred it, and one of the Silver Eggs, something Cassie has been wanting for a long time, will be hers. After that, Cassie will try to get one of each for the male and female both as Adults and Hatchlings, before she breeds out Silver Eggs to trade out.

Dear Journal:

This is very odd. We currently have two black hatchlings. One is a normal black, like us, and the other is completely black. A puzzle. I've been asking around, but nobody seems to know why this hatchling should be different to the other one. Although Skaforn did mention that she'd seen them around when she was out hunting.

Mitzen's latest egg hasn't hatched yet. Karach checked it over, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. Prehaps the hatchling is just a little shy about leaving the egg. Speaking of eggs, there seems to have been a breeding boom lately. Yet another black, a white, a magi and a guardian. The newly hatched pink hatchling is sick, so Finse hid it behind a cloud of fog. He said that she should get better soon. I do hope she'll be a little calmer than Azamarath, her mother.

Haven't seen any signs of that human whom I suspected was creeping about the cave, but that doesn't mean that I can let my guard down. The human might come back at any time.

Black Winter Queen.

P.S: I was just finishing writing the above entry, when there was a commotion from the main cave. It appears that Mitzen's egg has suddenly vanished. But how did that human sneak past three Guardian dragons?

Edited by Ghost Cat

This is my diary for my male red dragon, FireGardainValor:

Dear Papery Book I could easily burn,

Today I grew into a mighty dragon, I'm already attracting the ladies! My owner's only adult girl dragon, PinkySlip, is a lovely looking creature! I hate to kiss and tell but, she had an egg! As soon as it's born I'm going to teach my child to be as cool as me!

Signed FireGardainValor X

The diary of The Count of Monte Cristo:

Gah, today has been totally black. No, I'm not talking about the alts. It's Halo. She's upset because my foot stomped on her hand and now her wrist hurts. Meh, I can't help it if my foot is overtly huge. Anyways, the cave just keeps getting larger as the number of dragons increase. It seems magical, somehow. Halo's been joking something about globalisation and space shrinking technology, but methinks she's slightly weird today. It's still the middle ages here, after all.

Anyways she's been ever so unhappy ever since that maths test, and now it's chemistry into her worries too. I just wish she won't be so freaking grumpy to us, it's not like she's a red dragon or something.

Anyways, we're still working on increasing the number golds over here. It kinda worked! Well, I say kinda since we did manage to fill up almost all the spaces but now there aren't any other golds ready to breed. Oh well, we'll get to the mark someday!

Meh, Halo's yelling something about redox reactions now, I'd better go calm her down. Bye byes diary!

Jan 15th, 2009

Finally time for myself! So much has happened since last time that I feel a bit disoriented when I stop to ponder things.

I'm a father now. I still can't quite believe it but there's no denying it when my son curls beside me for the night. He's an energetic, excitable kid who loves the skies almost as much as Xilys and Zieri, our resident skywings. The other day I had to capture him in a whirlwind to get him to come down.

Tremoil visits his mother every day but Euphorbia has only a limited amount of patience with him. I feared that when he grew up she would no longer tolerate his visits at all so I asked Tharatira if something could be done. She said she had the power to stop Tremoil from aging, but it would mean my son would never become an adult. After a long conversation with Euphie and Tremoil we decided that it would be best for us all if my son remained a youngling for all his days. It is sometimes hard to watch other young dragons to grow and find mates but Tremoil assures me he's happy with the choice. I only hope time will not destroy that.

Bashvael Blizzardborn

This is a diary for my hatchling Karma Blue:

Dear Diary,

I'm the only hatchling with two heads, I feel kind of alone sometimes. When the other hatchlings - MysticWonder, PurpleFlames and PhantomSkye, play together I feel left out.

I like watching over the eggs, there is one more little egg to add! The adults PinkySlip and FireGardianValor have had a little baby together. Two of the eggs have holes in them, I wish the little dragons inside would come out and play.

Bye-bye Karma Blue X X

Journal Entry No. 6:

I am a silver egg. When I asked my owner about when I would hatch, he

grumbled something about 3.49 being gone or something. I hate that gold!

He thinks he is soooo good. He thinks that the world revolves around him. I hate

those snooty gold dragons! It's a good thing people like silvers more (or do they?)

He keeps whispering to me at night, that my owner will kill me. He's a bad liar.

And he has written in here before, so I will limit myself to writing in here, ending now.

Yours truly, IHATEGOLDS... er... I mean Silver Egg.

January 15th, 2009:

NovaStardust:

Well, when Cassie came home from lunch, she found that the Split hatchling had gendered female, so she took it to the Abandons Cave and abandoned it. As for the eggs, the Fog, one of the Blacks, and the Split all have big holes in them, and the other black and Water eggs have cracks now. We should be able to have three new hatchlings at least by this weekend and two more later on, tho the Split won't be named til it genders. Then, Cassie will start getting eggs again, but she'll always leave one spot open for the Silver Egg that her friend will be giving her (which we don't know when that'll be yet).

Dear Diary,

I'm trying to convince Prae to create a livejournal for us. Paper + Dragons = An arson waiting to happen. Prae also wants me to remind her that a new episode of House airs on Monday. I am terrified. Going to see if I can get Adeona to take me to Target to get earplugs... I'll be rendered deaf from her squeals of joy.

I also drew this picture to get my message across.

user posted image

So. Dia- Journal. Yes. That is what you are, no? A journal?

... A Book, you say? Well, that sounds interesting. How's life as a Book? Good? I'm glad.

How's my life, you ask? Not so bad, I suppose. I'm a little jealous of the other girls in the cave who have mates, but that's to be expected in a female-dominated cave such as ours. Hmm...?

Who's that black dragon, you ask? Which one? We've ah, six adults and five hatchlings... They're rather hard to tell apart. The one with the hoard of teddy bears? Oh, that's Erik. She's very nice, really she is. How did you meet her, my dear book, if I may ask...? She flung you at a wall?! Well, it must have been a misunderstanding. She's been rather angry lately. Understandable, as the cave-hooman gave her first-born a boy's name. Honestly, you'd think she'd learn after doing it to Erik! Anthony is not a girl's name. The child has no taste. Ah! I'm sorry Book, but I must be going.

-orochimama

ohdear. i didn't realize orochimama was so opinionated!

Dear Journal,

I am really tired of being little and not having any wings. I wanna know what it feels like to be tired of having wings. *sigh* Since I don't have much to write, I'll write to you later and I hope you have a nice day.