Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear journal:

Mynyddygwair found another pygmy egg while he was out egg hunting. Orange Midget Gem and I are currently looking after it. She has told me that she hopes that the egg will yield a male, since she does wish to have at least one egg of her own.

Domina Whiptail has finally found a dragon she is happy to mate with. He's a Sunset called Hawkzile Evening. I'm pleased for her, since until now, she's either downright refused to mate, or has tried to, but not had any eggs.

One Last Song and Sand Plum's egg hatched, and the hatchling is now playing with the other Ochredrake hatchling. They're just as hyperactive as Song and Plum were when they were hatchlings. It must be a trait of the Ochredrake breed.

Oh! I nearly forgot to mention. Mynyddygwair brought back a translucent egg as well as the new pygmy. We can see the hatchling inside.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Dear Parchment,

I am very worried. About four hours ago I seem to have written a prophecy, about Accidental and Serendipities. Serendipities seemed very worried as she began writing in her "journal" as soon as she heard Lady Ink read it out loud. And now, even worse news has come. Nightlock, the wild and unpredictable Black, has laid an egg. It was a Sun egg. We know it has to be Accidental's child, as he is the only male Sun dragon. This adds a new twist to the prophecy. It may not concern Serendipities and Accidental after all. It could also concern Accidental's offspring. This egg could either save the Clan or destroy it, depending on what it hatches into. I am afraid I may have placed a dangerous state of uneasiness upon the clan at the wrong time, with the recent Datamonster attacks. I pray that bloodshed does not come to the cave.

[ Aramai ]

Edited by Inksplatter

The small, Yellow Egg with holes in it is really tempting me with it's alluring smell. Maybe I can sneak a bite..

[Finman]

---

Diamond Dude and Vanilla mated, and produced a White Striped Egg. I was quite happy; they are the only couple whom successfully bred an egg.

I will never find the right woman for me, and my twin head agrees. At least until a female Split wanders into this old Cave of ours.

[Terror Two]

I intimidated the small Mint hatchling again. Don't think I'm cruel, I was actually trying to help it get over it's fear problem. Of course, instead of telling me to stop, he just avoided eye-contact and whimpered, occasionally. I've got a lot to teach this kid.

[Rex of Earth]

---

The gigantic Green dragon stared at me again; this time with a hungery-look in his eye. I just didn't look him in the eye. Hope that'll make him stop.

[F R E S H]

Dear Paper,

I have been reading up on the older Journals in our Library while Dragonic spoke with the Papers about all the ongoing construction. Our Cave does have a rich history... It has survived a lot. But one thing bothers me. Reign, the third member of the Original Four Dragons that our Scrollkeeper raised has been missing, since before I was even laid.

Apparently he tried to create a schism in the Cave by using an ancient spell to take control of the stronger Dragons, including Vergil himself! Apparently this is why he and his bond-brother Dante don't get along. The journals take a break from there, but according to the Yulebuck Brothers, Vergil eventually broke that spell and gave Reign quite the thrashing.

I've read the more recent ones, and he wants now to create a new Neglected... But no eggs have been missing, nor has he been seen. His mate is under custody, but apparently there has been a break in, and an attempted escape. I have no doubts that was him.

Blaze of the Soul

First Day of the Eighth Month

Dear Journal,

It is the beginning of a new month. Accidental and Nightlock's egg worries me so. Could one egg truly destroy or save out cave? Hopefully the egg will not become involved. Perhaps it truly is just Accidental and I. However dangerous the egg may be, Lady Ink insists on caring it and taking it to the hatcheries. Oh how I hope it hatches to be a Sunrise.

[ Serendipities ]

08/01

Deer Jouhrnul,

Im not suhre wai the cav is so unhapi. I just hached yesturdah, so I dont no much. Der is anothur theeng in the cav that is not a drahgun. The othur drahguns say she is a hoomun named Laydee Eenk. Thay say she is veri nice and tahkes gud car of us all. She sed srange wurds arownd me. She sed eet was two protekt my skihn. Not suhre wat dat meens. She allsoh sed my nam ees Peegmentaly.

Peegmentaly [Pigmentally]

Parchment--

I find it awfully hard to write, being a Geode dragon, but I am trying my best. Aramai has recently wrote down a prophecy that worries us all. I can tell I am worried because my crystals are starting to turn a deep shade of purple. Hopefully the prophecy can be avoided.

--Crystallised

Later on the First Day of the Eighth Month

Dear Journal,

Petrifying and En-Garde, Crystallised's parents, have bred successfully again, producing another beautiful Geode egg like Crystallised. Lady Ink may plan on freezing it, but it is up to the hatchling. The little Geode hatchlings are extremely adorable, however...

[ Serendipties ]

Edited by Inksplatter

The egg which is emitting the cheesy aroma is cracking! If I'm going to sneak a bite, I'd better do it soon..

[Finman]

Dear journal:

The weather has become increasingly wet. The blacks keep complaining that it is spoiling their hunts at night, as anything with half a brain seeks shelter. However, we do have plenty of food stowed away, so we shouldn't be going hungry for a while.

Not much has changed since I last wrote. One of the Ochredrake hatchlings has gendered male, but as of yet, doesn't have a name.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Dear Journal

This is my first time writing here. I thought of doing it a long time ago, but I've been so busy bringing hatchlings and eggs to Soti. tinti is busy too, being home with her human family she have almost no time to be here. Her sister always use her pc, so tinti have to take the chance when she is out. So we have got much responsibility now. tinti gets eggs and hatchlings from the AP and the cave, and I have to fly them to Soti. It makes me proud.

The gray hatchling, that I call Silver Storm because his mama's a silver, cries a lot. He misses his mama. I bet she cries, too, having lost her son.

Sungun, as I call the sun hatchling, is just fine. She's running around like crazy, eating everything on the floor. Really, I think her teeth is coming out. She curls under Sol's knees and loves her like her own mama. I'm happy to see that.

Ahem. I shouldn't talk about the hatchling now. I was gonna say that this is my private journal to keep track of what's happening, write down my own thoughts. You see, I'm gonna be in the tribe leadership! I'm so proud! Me! I'm just a couple of weeks old! So I need to observe a lot, and think a lot about what I think about different things. I've always wanted to write, and so now I do.

My name is Moira. Moira Stripe Makah. Most people call me Stripe, since we also have a Moria, and people tend to mess it up. Tinti got me from the cave july 19th, and it took me a long time to mature. I've never liked rush desicions. I matured when my body was ready for it, just as I do things when I'm ready for it. I even needed a trip to Soti's ER. The other dragons were very sad, thinking that I might die. But tinti knew that I just needed a bit more time to enjoy my hatchling life. So I have not been an adult for too long.

I'm still kind of shocked of being mature. I mean, hello. I can fly and hunt the most delicious insects by my self. Its' amazing to feel the wind under my wings. I try to remember all the names of all the dragons in the cave, but there's so MANY! And more is coming. Tinti has 58 dragons now, including the hatchies and eggs. Soraya Dorkface is the leader. If we had been an old tribe, she'd've been an "elder", but since Soraya is very young and our tribe is just 7 months, it's just an insult. But she, Skytsverge, Marcos Gold and I together with tinti are kind of the leadership of the tribe. I don't know why they chose me, but I'm more than thankful. We try to find mates for the dragons that are alone. There's so many different, strong personalities in the cave, I couldn't take them all with me in the journal. But I have to mention Mintah, Ildsprut, Kayla and Shelly. Mintah is a mint, obviously, and he's so afraid for everyone that he just sits in hia little corner and wimpers in fear if anyone comes close to him. I didn't know someone could be so small, so nervous, so afraid and so shy at the same time. It seems so impossible, so hopeless. But somehow, against all odds, he has allowed me to peak in his little world. I'd say we're friends, but he doesn't say much.

Ildsprut is the biggest, red dragon I've ever seen. She's wild and kind of scary, without a mate. There's always fire around her, and I think most of the dragons are afraid of her, at least sometimes. But not Svartebeist. He can deal with her, without making a mess. Right now she has a dead wolf infront of her, tearing flesh, chewing noisily and looking angrily at us. Don't you dare taking ONE bite!" her eyes sais. Half of the dead wolf is black from her fire.

Kayla and Shelly, the splits. They are one (or two?) of the most fun dragons I've ever seen. I enjoy sitting beside them, hearing them tell split stories. They're kind of connected, talking for eachother, ending each others sentences and such. But they also argue a lot, in a hillarious way, about little details, bagatells, and about bigger things. Sometimes they fight. That's the only time it's scary to be near them.

I could mention a lot more dragons I think needs a place here, like the Suenos, which gives me the sweetest dreams. The stones who can't move mutch, Marcos Gold. There's just something so beautiful about him that makes me wanna cry, but I don't know what. Maybe his color.

Tinti almost caught a red stripe in the AP today. She was just too late before someone had taken it. I was a bit sad. I'd love a mate.

Soraya wants me to get Flint to the stone dragons. It's gonna be some heavy lifting.

- Stripe.

Dear Diary,

I'm assuming you already know that you're a measley bit of tree bark I keep hidden in my piece of the cave, and I'm also assuming you know that I'm a dragon that can claw you to bits. So no funny business with putting splinters in me, understood?

Good.

That aside, there's another pygmy dragon in the Clan...and he's kind of cute. His name is Coffie, and he often speaks to me about the things he finds when he sneaks out of the cave at night. Today he showed me a place where this dragon's skull was...probably remnants of an old battle...(That'll show 'em all not to mess with Caynae Clan! (And the leader Settara, who I admit is a handsome dragon himself. Too bad he's not a pygmy like me... wink.gif )) I could fit right inside it! We played around in the forest for awhile, too. But then the sun started to rise! I was so dissappointed when we had to head back to the cave for our Clan duties... But when we got there, the three eggs that'd been sitting there for awhile had at last hatched! (Hehe...One of them has two heads, like Reiko and Rikkie!) Kinjikee and Xiaeri had another egg. It seems different from the pink eggs you see now adays; It's darker!

I gotta go now...Coffie's here...(wub.gif)

Sincerely,

Toffie~

PS: OUCH! You gave me a splinter! Why you little...! mad.gif You're gonna get it now!!!

Gah! I've missed my chance! Right when I was about to take a hearty munch, the Cheese Egg hatched right in front of my eyes! The Cheese HATCHLING is still made of cheese..

[Finman]

---

Imperial Songbird and I have matured! Oh joy!

[Celestial Honesty]

---

Hmm.. this is weird.. I'm being stared at hungrily by a Dorsal hatchling..

[unnamed Cheese Hatchling]

---

I can't wait to finally grow my wings! Then it will be so fun..!

Celestial Honesty and Imperial Songbird couldn't play with the Hatchlings; the other adults would ridicule them. So basically, it wasn't the same..

[unnamed Gold Hatchling]

Second Day of the Eigth Month

Dear Journal,

Just last night, Lady Ink rode Ad Lib to the DragCave. She was holding our Geode egg. When asked why, she responded that she was meeting Writting at the DragCave to give her our Geode egg as a gift. En-Garde and Petrifying nodded in approval. Writting is a responsible scrollkeeper and will take good care of the Geode egg.

On another note, the Split hatchling gendered male. Lady Ink seems upset by this. I think she plans on trading him for a female. Thankfully, the hatchling doesn't seem at all worried by this and loves the idea of meeting new dragons. Lady Ink has just written a note and given it to Ad Lib to post it on the gender trading board at the message boards. Hopefully someone will respond before the hatchling matures.

Also, another Albino hatchling hatched today.

[ Serendipities ]

Dear Scrap of Parchment,

Today I grew my wings! ... Yes, I know you did too, brother. I also found out that I was a male... Lady Ink seems upset by this. I think she plans on trading me for a female Two-Headed dragon! ... Actually I'm... fine, WE'RE, pretty excited about going to a new cave. I've lived in this cave for a while now. Things get boring. Maybe I'll be able to meet a Gold! Or maybe I'll even get to catch a glimpse of a Leetle Tree! Oh, we're so excited!

Left Head of Unnamed 2-Headed

Edited by Inksplatter

Ok this is what happend: Stripes inspected the dark green egg as if it would hatch anytime now but alas it didt even have a crack in it....."When is going to hatch?!?" whined Strips." Qiut whining you mump! Your a grow dragon are you not?!" Said Black Jack."Oh you sound like a mama dragon!" siad slick rolling his bright yellow eye's. CRACK! " Guys there's a crack there's a crack!" Sceeched Slick. "Whoa Bro calm down!" Said Tiny's small squicky voice as he made a effort to get up to Slick's ears. "Every one calm down ok! Im TRYING to take a nap!" Said Mist the II. "Gosh tell me about it said Skye to Mist II.

" WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Squelled Rocky. "Nico be nice!" Said Exadilitis.......

thats all i have so far..........

The frilled egg hatched, just in time. We were very worried yesterday evening that he/she would die because ithad so little clicks, but thankfully, Soti's ER saved her.

Tinti stole a orchedrake egg from the DragCave today. The unamed orchedrake is very exited, meybe he'll have a mate soon. That thought make him exited, I think.

Kayla and Shelly and Hron and Sergio produced a split egg. I'm so happy for them!

Stripe

Dear Paper,

Today we woke up to find that our first Albino hatchling grew wings and matured in the same night. He is a male, and has been named Xavier Rosa. I heard Dragonic say something about hooking him up with one of Zaahir's children. Nightingale and Rose? Wasn't there some legend like that?

The Silver, Albino, and Black eggs have holes in them, while the Red only has a few cracks. This does not bother me, for that egg still has some time left before it has to hatch. Dragonic does not know why we still have the Black egg... We're trying for an Alt for her, since our cave only has one. Higher ranked Caves have as many as fifty! Wow!

The Library is looking fine, and some of the Stones have moved on to the rooms for our Oracles. Our Magi and Vines are helping with those, to make them more comfortable. Aki Serei, our Oracle of the Autumn Goddess, will have a room with plenty of red maple trees. Her mate Fuyu no Hanabi, the Oracle for the God of Winter, will have a room filled with snow and ice. Their daughter (whose name escapes me), the Oracle of the Spring Goddess, will have a room filled with spring flowers and such.

The last Oracle and the Oracles of the God of Light and the Goddess of the Night's rooms have yet to be decided.

Well, that's all for now. I have to go help the Frozen Hatchlings with making room in the nest for the new hatchlings.

Blaze of the Soul

Dear Nobody Except The Diary,

I'm Sun Lord speaking. I have a ton of siblings.

Survivor of the Datamonster here. I love my name, but it's too long.

We'll keep you posted! Orange Smith wrote this.

From,

Survivor of the Datamonster, Sun lord, and Orange Smith

Dear journal:

I...am now a mother. And this time, we're keeping the egg. It seems that Furau didn't give up, as I thought he had after our last failed mating. My child will know me this time!

The Albino and Pygmy eggs have large holes in them, so I wouldn't be suprised if they both hatched overnight.

Plum and Song's hatchling gendered female, so they named her Your Love Alone. They hoping that she'll be a mate for Is Not Enough, the second male Ochredrake. Both Song and Plum have been singing almost continually since Alone matured. None of us mind them singing, however.

One of the blacks, Mythrite, has been causing a bit of trouble lately. I don't know what'll happen if he continues but...no, it's best not to think of it.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Dear Parchment,

I was recently tied to a tree trunk by my previous owner. I'm not sure why however, but almost as soon as my previous owner left me, someone else took my rope and lead me to a strange cave filled with unfamiliar dragons. After wards, the strange lady tied a rope around another hatchling. He was a Split like me. I wonder what just happened. I'm afraid to talk to the other strange dragons.

[ Eii ]

Dear sand,

I WOULD be writing this on parchment, but nooooo, those idiotic drakes ate the last of it. Yes, I said ate. For the love of Tiamat, they're even more moronic than Little Auk and Ionraic combined. They're not even dragons, and Kitsuru lets them run amok. They've already eaten the parchment, chewed on Painted Firetail's tail, AND set Leafbird off on three rampages, but they JUST WON'T SHUT UP.

Tiamat help me, if I have to deal with another hour of this, someone is going to be torn very messily from limb to limb. When I told Kitsuru that, though, she simply asked me if I'd been going to my weekly sessions with the Whites. I'm not sure why, exactly, and when I told her I had she simply shook her head and told me, Illuminated, to take some responsibility for my actions! This, from the girl who spoiled those hot-air-filled drakes and won't even try to control them!

And--what the--get away from here! STOP WALKING O

The rest was cut off by footprints and what looked like seaweed. I'm not sure why, or how, since the cave's close by a lake and not the ocean. I'm starting to think I'm sane compared to some of my dragons... blink.gif

Third Day of the Eighth Month

Dear Journal,

Yesterday afternoon, a strange new egg appeared in our cave, as well as a strange new hatchling. Both of these appearances seemed to coincide with the disappearance of our Pygmy egg and male Split hatchling. We asked Lady Ink what was going on. She said that she had "traded" with other scrollkeepers to obtain these dragons. Other people wanted these eggs and they were willing to give away their own eggs to get them. The female Split hatchling was the result of a gender trade. That meant that you traded dragon hatchlings of different genders but the same species. It's a very odd thing, trading. Oh well. Hopefully Eii, the new Split hatchling, will get used to our cave soon enough.

On a good note, there is no sign of the prophecy being fufilled. Perhaps the prophecy wasn't meant to happen until much, much later.

[ Serendipities ]

8/3

Dear Parchment,

I'm still scared of the other dragons, though some have tried to befriend me, like Ewif. I suppose with his two heads, he knows how I feel too.

Eii

Edited by Inksplatter

Dear Journal

the Whiptail egg has a huge hole in it! It's just black inside, though, but the Frilled Hatchling and the Red Dorsal hatchling sits there all the times, and they swear they can see someone move in there sometimes. The little guy h as 3 days and 22 hours left, so I wouldn't be surprised if it hatches today.

I also discovered that many of the newer dragons don't have names. I have to talk to tinti about it so that she can name them. Though I think her creativity is gone, as she use to say when she can't think of good names.

- Stripe

Deer Juhrnal

Twoday de wiptail egg cracked a BEEG crack! It happend juhst when the red dorcal hatchling watched it roll around on the floor. We thought we should get the frozen pink and stone hatchlings, and so we did. When we came back the big, black whole was there. The red dorcal began to cry, wanted to see it crack and all. Sol comforted it and said there's always other eggs we could watch crack.

- Unnamed Frilled Hatchling

The little Gold Hatchling has become the big Gold Dragon. It was quite a shocker, since he took quite an amount of time; it seemed like in 3 days and an hour he would perish. He immediately asked to be my mate, but no eggs were produced. My life will always be as a babysitter, and not a mother.

[Juliet is the Sun]

---

Haha! I have doubled in size! Feeling brave about this, I stood up for myself against the Green Dragon.

"I've had enough of your stares!" I yelled. He just nodded, patted me on the head, and left. Maybe I should solve all my problems like this..

[F R E S H]

Fourth Day of the Eighth Month

Dear Journal,

Even though it is only August, love seems to be in the air today. Snarglepoof and Ecossaise seem to be especially fluffy today. Lady Ink also seems to like someone in the human world. But, it does not concern me, as he does not travel to the our lands, so if he ever hurt Lady Ink, I wouldn't be able to burn him to a crisp.

On another note, Etching and Ignominy brought down a rather large animal today whilst Etching was training Ignominy how to hunt. I suppose Ignominy is doing rather well then. Lady Ink tells us the animal is a fairly large caribou. Personally, I don't care what it is, but it's huge! Most of it will be stored away for the winter, but we will be feasting tonight. However, Papers seems a bit upset being a vegetarian. But he had a successful day of foraging, so he seems pleased enough.

Pigmentally is coming dangerously close to being put in the infirmary. It looks healthy enough and has been viewed by many people, even more that some of our adults! Pigmentally hasn't even gendered yet. Lady Ink is becoming worried...

[ Serendipities ]

Dear Paper,

Large storms shook the Cave to it's roots today... Even Dark Drake and Dark Quartz, our only Skywing and Storm Dragons, couldn't stop it. The three hatchlings in our cave were covering all day behind the Frozen hatchlings, who always stick around to play with them. We haven't seen a storm this big in ages...

The confined dragons have been getting antsy. Already there has been a shouting match between Zaahir and Vergil, which Dragonic had to break up. She's been limping badly due to the pain in her knee caused by the storm. Fuda Spell, our oldest Paper Dragon and one of the few Gendered ones, was telling stories to the children. I listened as he spoke.

It was an old tale, the one of Dante and Vergil's namesakes, who were said to be sons of a god-like demon named Sparda. It was a really interesting story... And our Dante and Vergil seem to fit their namesakes quite well. He only told us a part of the story... So far, Dante has found out it was Vergil that resurrected the door to the demon world, Temen-ni-gru, and has climbed the massive tower to fight his twin. That's where he stopped... Said he would continue the tale another day.

Damn, just as I was getting into it.

Blaze of the Soul