Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

July 20, 21

Dear Journal,

I write this with a heavy heart. Owner said she would be back soon too see if the Split (the ones I have nicknamed Light and Dark) had matured, whatever that meant. I rolled my eyes at her before glancing at the still form of my siblings and Light and Dark. I was their watcher when father was out. Their protector, but I wasn't ready for It.

It came as I raced around my siblings, loving how my white body glistened in the moonlight that filtered in through the small opening at our side of the cave. It came in as a fog, confusing all awake. I sat, blinking, cocking my head to the right. I felt... Confused. Like... what had I been doing? Was there someone that needed to be protected? 'My siblings' but the thought was gone as fast as it had come. I felt my body relax against my will as my eyelids drooped. I was tired. So tired. My head rested on my paws as I yawned hugely. Before I drifted of into la-la land, I heard a terrofying screech and the yells and screams of something. I ignored it as I drifted off to sleep...

Light and Dark were gone! My cavemates and I searched through the fog that had entered during the night that I was still hazy about.

First we called out playfully. They were playing a trick on us like they always did.

Then our playfulness turned into worry and anger.

Worry turned into fear.

Fear turned into gut-wrenching terror as they stayed hidden.

I started to get worried. I never realized I was attached to the two until now. My siblings lost interest in searching soon. I didn't. I still search now as I write this. Owner will be in tears once she hears about this. I have a feeling I'll be the one having to explain to Owner why her "little boys" were gone. What am I going to do?!

-Stripe

July 22

Dear journal,

I had gathered my strength as Owner walked into the cave laughing and happily petting any dragons she crossed. Soon Owner stopped at me. She gasped faintly, joy showing in her eyes.

What? What was wrong? Did she already know about her "little boys"?

"Your stripes! Your wings!"

I was confused. Wings? Stripes?

That's when I realized what she was talking about as my reflection was cast back at me from one of the many gems in the cave. I had wings! And my slick, white hide was covered in many stripes of all colors.! I gasped myself as I experimentally twisted and turned to get a better view of myself. I looked quite handsome if I do say so myself. I laughed gleefully, running around the cave as I did. I stopped at my siblings, shaking them to get them up. They looked at me with uncaring and sleepy eyes, shaking their eads gently before curling back up to sleep.

"Light! Dark! Loo-"

I stopped, sadness coming over me again. I had forgot about them in brief moment of bliss. Owner sat before the cave entrance, smiling like a fool as she watched me. I gulped, gracefully moving to her.

"Owner..." She looked at me, the joyous look still in her eyes, but sadness in her smile. She knew something was wrong.

"Owner... Light and Dark are gone. The Split is gone."

Owner gained an excruciating sad look. Somewhere between a frown and a sign of anger. The frown gained dominace as she stood up to search for herself. Maybe she would find them! Owner always came through.

-Stripe

July 23

Dear Journal,

Sad news still is all I can speak. The Split is gone like they never existed. No traces are left behind. None at all.

And I know why.

The Datamonster.

Owner- after hours and hours of looking- told me the story of why she had come to the cave in the first place. To check if we all were still there. Others had came together telling their experiences of lost eggs, hatchling, and even fearless adults. That's when the night Dark and Light were taken came back to me. I told Owner with guilt dripping off every word. It was my fault they were gone. My and only my fault. We could have rescued them if I hadn't fallen asleep, if I had remembered. But I didn't stay awake. I didn't remember in time. I felt so ill. I wanted to drop dead right then. Or at least get taken by the Datamonster myself.

Owner tried and tried before she left to tell me it wasn't my fault. I didn't- and still don't believe her. I doubt we will ever seen Dark and Light again.

And it's all my fault...

-Stripe

July 23 (Afternoon-night)

Dear Journal,

I awoke feeling cold, hungry and... powerful. I was far away from my siblings, I could see them in the distance. Adult dragons lay scattered around me. I was confused. Very confused. Hatchlings were not allowed any where near the adult dragons and vice versa.

What had happened the night before?

I stood up, stretching like a well fed cat, when I glanced at my image in a passing crystal. I looked... Well... Handsome, desirable, and adult. I had mature over night. No more curling up with father when other dragons passed. No more gazing at mother, wishing to be just like her in all her majestic beauty. No more sleeping with my siblings, curling up with them on cold nights.

My life as a hatchling was over.

-Stripe

July 24

Dear Journal,

Good news yet bad. I awoke again, sometime early in the morning, to find that I warm- still hungry- but warm. I was warmed by another dragon his wings laying over me. Even as he slept, he bounced slightly in his sleep and his legs twitches as if he was running. I knew who the dragon was immeditely. My brother! The Ochredrake! I lifted my head, nuzzling him gently when something small tumbled off of my head. My sister! The Pygmy! I licked her gently, making suer not to drown her with my spit as I did.

My siblings had grown up! Except my Albino sister. She was frozen as a hatchling for the rest of her life. Never to grow up. That struck pity in me and I wish I could comfort her, but sadly, I can never. She's trapped in the life of a hatchling and I, an adult's.

Pygmy gace me an evil look as she stood up, shaking herself like a dog to get my saliva off of her. She huffed before stomping off. It was quite funny to see a dragon so small like her to try and stompr away as it had an opposite affect on me. I laughed till my sides hurt, waking up all of the inhabitants of the cave. They gave me amuzed, annoyed, angry, and indifferent faces as they rolled over, falling-

((To be continued))

Edited by 25937550

Journal,

I have come with some sad news. As I was out gathering herbs for potions, I heard a pitiful cry... Looking around, I saw a small fog hatchling walking around, thin and close to death. I rushed towards it and got it to the Cave as fast as I could, but as I stepped paw in the White's Den, the hatchling died in my arms. I tried to revive it, but the little one stayed dead.

It has been identified as the one stolen from our cave, before the Datamonster attack. Reign's scent was found on it's body, as well as traces of the spell used to fog sick eggs and hatchlings. There is no doubt... He is trying to make a Neglected.

The purple hatchling woke up as soon as she matured. She remembers nothing of the time she spent in that villain's mis-care, only a thick gray fog. The mate of Reign, Isabella Dawnwalker, claims to know nothing of it, but we are keeping her captive anyway.

We have put out a warning to other caves of Reign Crystal. We hope he is found soon.

Shiro Saki

While tending to my eggs and hatchlings, I came across a small leather bound book. Inside, the book was practically empty. My Sunrise dragon saw me riffling through its pages and told me it was hers. When I asked its purpose, to my surprise, it was a journal, written in dragon runes. She has graciously allowed me to translate them and post them up here after she writes them.

27th Day of the Seventh Month

Dear Journal,

After the Datamonster's attack over the lands, preventing Lady Ink from reaching our cavern, I have decided to record the events that happen in our cave, so if another attack is launched, and I have been so unfortunate as to be stolen away, a part of me will still remain. Thankfully, no dragons or eggs were stolen by the Datamonster from our cave. However, after Lady Ink returned to the cave, she explained that the Datamonster indeed took several eggs or dragons from many other caves throughout the land. I hope that the ruler of this land, TJ, as Lady Ink and many others refer to him, will be able to allow these dragons and eggs to their home.

Not much has happened today out of the norm. Yesterday, Lady Ink retrived two eggs from the main cave, or the DragCave, as she calls it. The first one was a 2-Headed, or Split, egg, like Ewif. Lady Ink hopes that the egg will be female, so that she may produce eggs with Ewif. The second egg was oddly translucent--you could barely make out the form of a fragile hatchling within the egg. Lady Ink tells us that this is a newer egg that has been recently found in the lands, along with the eggs that Parmagiano and Thimbles hatched from. She tells us that this is an Albino egg. Lady Ink also mentioned that besides the three new eggs she has manged to obtain (she says when new eggs are released, it is always a scramble to get them, as if rare eggs were being released continously), there are two others--one of which TJ did not announce. The one that TJ did announce is called an Ochredrake--apparently it is a special kind of dragon that can only breed with drakes--whatever that is. The one TJ did not announce is apparently a creature similar to O.D.D. However, this creature is winged and purple. Now, as Lady Ink loves the color purple, she is desperate to get one. However, as creatures like O.D.D. cannot breed, you either have to be quick at the DragCave, or find someone who is nice enough to give one to you.

Wish, my Daydream friend, insists that I put down my quill and come help Lady Ink in transporting our unwinged Magi hatchling to several nurseries in order to help him grow--honestly, I'm still not quite sure how eggs hatch and dragons grow up. Lady Ink tells us that being viewed by others--even those who aren't scrollkeepers like Lady Ink--helps them grow. I'm not sure how that works though. Oh well. Perhaps I could get Lady Ink to elaborate while I fly her to Soti's Nursery. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a scrollkeeper, having to record every single dragon. Our cave is still small right now, but I've heard of caves that have hundreds of dragons! I can't imagine thte toll it must take on Lady Ink to sketch us all and record our information... Oh dear, I was rambling again.

Lady Ink is growing impatient. She is beginning to fiddle with her violet scarf, and the Magi hatchling is looking up at her curiously. Alas, I must go now. I will continue writing tomorrow.

-Serendipities

Edited by Inksplatter

Dear Journal,

A lot has happened lately so I didn't have the time to write down everything, but now, when the waters have calmed down, I can tell you what happened when Rose was gone and what happened when she returned.

When Rose returned, the first thing she did, was telling us about a monster that had eaten many eggs, hatchlings and dragons. She said that, just as she was riding home, she passed other humans caves, who also were friends with dragons, and they told how a lot of their dragons had disappeared.

At that point I remembered how Komara Imera and Summer were whispering about something near my lake. I remembered something being said about a horrible monster passing our cave when everybody was sleeping. It seemed like Imera felt something and woke up at night, and saw a monster with a huge belly - it looked like he had eaten a lot.

I remembered how Summer said, that everything was fine, and that the rest of the family shouldn't be informed, since nothing horrible had happened to our family. I told Rose about the conversation, and after thinking a little about that, she said she will gather more info, watch what will happen, and inform me and Summer about the matter.

But soon after that, Rose let the matter rest for a while, and instead asked about the eggs and the hatchlings that she left when going to her trip. So I told her about how everything was just fine, that everybody grew up while she was away, and that er worries about the grey egg were wasted - the grey dragon grew up too.

That's why soon after Rose returned, she brought to our cave four new eggs, two of them just hatched. For that reason she already brought Ymara Peace Healer two more eggs, for him to take care of, and one of them is quite interesting.

Right now, the two hatchlings I watched over have run over to the part of the cave were Healer takes care of he eggs, two of them are about to hatch, and even Imera and Tirenthika went to that part of the cave, waiting for the eggs to hatch. And I guess I'll write the ending of the story about the monster later, I'm too waiting for the two eggs to hatch; Rose is here, and she's at the cave too.

Ymara Korum

28th Day of the Seventh Month

Dear Journal,

Today, Lady Ink had to abandon one of our eggs. It was a summer egg--she wouldn't tell us why, however. However, while she was recording information onto our scroll and studying things that she tells us are "mathematics" and "science", Thimbles (being the smallish things that she is) overheard her mumbling about getting more eggs. Lady Ink tells us that "mathematics" is the study of numbers (why anyone would study numbers though is beyond me) and "science" is figuring out how everything works. I'm not sure why she loves "mathematics" and "science" so much though. They both sound rather odd. Ah, I just started ramblings again... But anyways, I'm not sure what Lady Ink means by getting more eggs. I know that the most eggs the cave can handle at one time is around five, but... Oh well. I'm sure Lady Ink knows what she is doing. She has been a part of this cave for a long time, even before my egg was laid!

However, even more gravely, rumors are circulating around the cave about Accidental, the Sunset dragon. The rumors say that he is planning to single-handedly take over the cave. Though he is only one dragon, some dragons are becoming fearful. And for good reason. Accidental is a truly powerful dragon. We also cannot be sure if he is truly going to take over the cave alone, as he only comes back to the cave at sunset to rest and leaves just before sunrise. Who knows how many offspring he has? He could very well make his children his army. However, that's just pessimistic thinking on my part. Accidental would probably never try to take over the cave, not as long as Lady Ink is there. Lady Ink hatched Accidental, and dragons usually have close bonds with the scrollkeepers that hatched them. We can only hope that as long as Lady Ink is in charge of our cave and that she would be harmed if Accidental launched an attack, our cave will remain safe.

I suppose I shall continue writing tomorrow. I need to watch our little Magi hatchling while Lady Ink takes the Split and Albino eggs to be hatched at some infirmaries (Lady Ink has been a little preoccupied with her studies).

-Serendipties

Dear Journal,

It seems like things have gone from bad to worse in our Cave. Dragonic, our Scrollkeeper, has been injured. Apparently, she dislocated her knee, and put it back into place herself. She is being tended to by humans and dragons alike, and the Pygmy refuses to leave her side. It's due to grow up today, and gendered male. It has been named Blaze of the Soul. We will have to ER it, along with that Ochredrake.

Speaking of that little thing, it has been singing beautifully for Dragonic since she got hurt. It reminds me of a human child, hyperactive and untrainable. Our dear Scrollkeeper said that this was not the first time this kind of injury happened, and she will likely have to go to her human medic. When examining her knee, I noticed she had three scars on it. She said that those were from a surgery to fix her knee, but I think it didn't work.

I was the first dragon raised by Dragonic... And this happened far before she had even seen this valley. This makes me wonder what she is. She has lived through the many lives of her dragons, and does not age a day. I wonder if she is a true human, or just happens to look like one...

Shiro Saki

Drakkoh's Journal

So many days, So little to write...

Not exactly. I finally got a hold of my Future Lorekeeper. A paper Dragon. It will surely make things much simpler, no more paperwork. I can just relax all day, every day after it hatches. Our Gold has matured a long time ago, but she doesn't seem to be attracting much attention. Things may change over time. I named her Shaiya (Gold/Unity).

She is very friendly and enjoys the company of my other dragons.

Another curious addition is our Ochredrake. It gendered male and matured a while ago, a few days to be precise, I named him Tarrek. He seems to be searching for a specific breed of dragon for a mate, and doesn't attract much attention much like Shaiya.

He has a nasty habit with bringing rubbish back to the cave, Branches, Rocks, anything he finds interesting. I have no Idea why. He isn't very talkative.

Our Frill also Gendered and Matured a few days ago. Female. I am yet to name her. It is hard to think of a fitting name for her. But I will.

I am thinking ether Ira fir her Crystalline Green Eyes, or Xya for her bright personality.

Tina keeps running around just like a hatchie. It will be hard for her to find a mate since she is... very very small.

There are Four Eggs in our hatchery. One is the Paper, The other three are a Geode, a Dorsal and at last, a Stripe. I hope it genders male since they are easiest to breed outside their species and it will be easy for it to find a mate here.

My Gratitude to the Giving Tree Organization. *closes journal*

30th Day of the Seventh Month

Dear Journal,

I decided not to write yesterday, as not much happened. However, overnight, our little Magi hatchling matured into an adult! I suppose she got her wings overnight, as last time Lady Ink was here, she was still an unwinged hatchling. We have decided to name her Melodiously, as she has a beautiful voice. Melodiously seems to be a rather calm dragon, content to look after our Split and Albino eggs while the other dragons go out to hunt and forage.

I suppose that's a good thing, because Lady Ink has been rushing in and out of the cave more frequently than usual. Usually, she will ride upon Veilings, the cave's oldest, wisest, and most trusted dragon. She left just recently cradling the cave's Split egg. The Split egg only has two days left to hatch, so she has rushed the egg to a nearby infirmary, probably Soti's. She has been neglecting the eggs lately, and she seems rather worried and tense. Occasionally, she will go to Writting's cave. Writting is her best friend. Apparently, Writting is away some where in the human world where she won't be able to contact and take care of her cave, so she entrusted Lady Ink to watch over her cave. Last time Lady Ink went, she saw four dead eggs. No doubt Writting would have forseen this, but Lady Ink feels responsible nonetheless. I think she is getting over it now.

At the moment, Writting is attempting to breed a Silver egg for Lady Ink as a gift, I am told. She is breeding her female Silver with her male White, since Whites seen to have the most success breeding with Silvers and Golds.

There is not much more to write. I will continue writing tomorrow.

-Serendipties.

Edited by Inksplatter

Two of the eggs have finally started to crack, and a huge hole has developed on one. Inside is darkness, however, a gleaming gold shine emanates. The hatchlings often sit near it, watching intently for a cute new hatchling to erupt from the shell. However, when the other Adults are out hunting, Necro Gardna and I constantly see them prancing around, and throwing rocks at each other.

I truly hope this new egg hatches soon, so that they have a new playmate. Some 'spirited' discussions broke out yesterday, and they ended up fighting each other. It's close though. Very close.

[Juliet is the Sun]

---

hello jurnel

today i playd with my other hathc hatchling frends

it was very fun, but celestil onesty (Celestial Honesty) kept on screeming wen i found the hiding place

[impereel songbird] (Imperial Songbird.)

---

Last night, my brother and I went out to hunt. What a rush! Lord Prometheus chased after an unsuspecting animal, and thrusted his clawed arm right through the chest. He challenged me to do better, so I quietly snuck up on another one of those animals and waited for it to drink some water from the nearby gulch. I used my claws and tore the head completely off. I brought some extra scraps for Juliet, and all the dragons in our cave feasted in valour.

[Familiar Resonance]

Edited by Fancypants

Dear Journal,

I feel so left out. I am the smallest of every other dragon and everyone makes fun of me! Like, today, um... Crimson the Red Dorsal said that I was so small that a pebble was bigger than me! I ran away.

But then I got happier in the afternoon. Trans P the Albino said that I was as small as a mouse. Then I said "at least I have good skin" and he ran away.

One day I'll show them all that I am good!

Your truly,

Micro Drag the Pygmy Dragon

Dear All,

Today Celestial Honeste (Celestial Honesty), Impeerial Songbird (Imperial Songbird) and I all played a rousing game of Tag. I had a great advantage; I could fly. So I quickly soared beyond their reach. They accused me of cheating, so we didn't speak for the rest of the afternoon.

[Fantastic Parchment]

---

I am very, very surprised!

Today, after talking to Juliet about Fantastic Parchment and his cheating, I went to explore the rest of the cave. Then I stumbled upon a clearing where a bunch of other hatchlings were playing. There were 9 of them!

They were "frozen" hatchlings, apparently. So we played the rest of the day, and I felt bad about ignoring Imperial Songbird and Fantastic Parchment, so I decided tomorrow I would introduce them.

[Celestial Honesty]

---

I calmly whittled the day away, as usual. The others flew in and out, and time slowly moved on. I had quite a meal. Several of those woodland creatures came into my range of sight. I quickly cast a spell, luring them over, and had my filling.

[Radiant Iris]

---

What a rush! Vanilla and I raced through the skies. I obviously won, I'm a Skywing. He couldn't even catch his breathe! So of course, I won't be racing him anymore. I've got to find another racing partner!

[Munch Munch]

Dear Journal,

Today my owner gave me a journal, one which I can pour all of my innermost thoughts into. Now I can finally record accounts word-for-word of what happens everyday.

The other dragons in the cave compare me to Pierce [Pierce the Sky] and even Daytime Star. I'm not like them at all! First of all, I'm seasonal, and they're a Skywing and a Magi. Second, I honestly believe that I am a batter dragon than both of them. Where their "advice" is just harsh, I give dragons the truth about themselves. And no matter how I put it, they always accuse me of thinking too highly of myself! The nerve. I know I've been taught otherwise, but some really are better than others.

More tomorrow.

- February Snowfall

Dear All,

I have matured! My towering size intimidates my friends, Celestial Honesty and Imperial Songbird, but we occasionally play. Celestial Honesty introduced us to a bunch of other hatchlings, and we frolicked the day away. Juliet gave me some writing lessons. It was a good day!

[Fantastic Parchment]

Keeper's Notes: Today I was walking through the valley, checking on all of the newly-matured dragons, when I spotted something interesting nestled in the mountains. In an area everyone likes to call the Marble Palace, there are ruins of an abandoned castle that was long destroyed by nature's forces. Through one of the windows, I saw a flash of white feathers.

Entering, I found to my surprise a young White Healer carefully stocking books and scrolls upon shelves. A quill made from one of his own cream-and-white feathers lay next to a piece of paper. The dragon is the son of Sarden and Celestia, two other Healers whom I am fond of.

He was proud in telling me that he had decided to become a historian. Fascinated by so many beautiful stories that he had heard, he wanted to compile them for generations to read and study. I thought it a good idea, for so many great things came out of making this sanctuary with the dragons, that none of it should be forgotten. Nexus even allowed me to read a journal proposing his ideas:

To this journal:

Happy day indeed. Mother has allowed me to go flying today, and I spent my day gathering more stories. I believe I have found my true calling; I wish to know everything about my history.

It is sad that quite a few of my brethren know nothing of where they come. The elderly Cave-Born cannot remember anything beyond hatching under the eyes and care of a human. My own mother was abandoned and left for dead, and her parents are unknown. The same is true for my grandmother, a Guardian. What tragedy this is, to know nothing of your true self...

Hard to imagine anyway...but perhaps I can help others. I would like to make a library and fill it with the history of this place, starting with my own family. My mother's story being raised by other dragons. My father's lineage, with especially the trouble caused to the White Healers by Ebonclaw the Black dragon...until my great-grandmother, Purity, proved to him our worth.

So many things to do...where to start?

Musingly yours,

Nexus of Lhiannan

I thanked Nexus for the reading and went on my way, wishing him the best of luck in his endeavors. He is young now, but perhaps in many years he will be hailed as a hero for these actions.

Dear Paper,

Yesterday I matured, and as the first of my breed in the Cave, Dragonic has named me Blaze of the Soul. I love my name, it makes me sound bigger than I actually am. Since I am so much smaller than my brethren, I stay near Dragonic while she recovers with the Frozen Hatchlings. Some would think that they would be in a constant foul mood due to being frozen and never having a chance to get bigger, but these dragons are not.

She is feeling better, and has been able to walk on her own, although she has a stiff limp. She was muttering something about having to go to the human Healer once the Summer was through. It made her happy, however, when one of our Silver pairs produced a silver egg. She says that we have not had a Silver egg in the cave in months.

Lady Arya produced another egg today, a Red, while her son Lord Jacob has matured. He is eyeing a small New Pink female named Royal Paine, the same dragon his older brother Lord Adam has been trying to woo for the past two weeks (according to Dragonic). That can't end well...

The other eggs include another Albino, a Black, and of course that Silver. The Albino hatchling has another day or two before he grows up, but he still hides under the bedding in the Guardian's nest. He is a shy little thing...

Work is going smoothly on the Library, and so far it looks like a castle on the inside. The Geode pair is working on the decoration, while the Stones have started to carve the outside to match. Maybe one day it'll be the best Library in the land... Shiro has already requested that a few rooms be made as the infirmary on the second floor, while the Magi have asked for specific quarters on the East Side. After this project, the Oracles have asked to make rooms in the Temple for them. The Pebbles have already started to carve out the rough forms of those rooms.

Well, I must be going. I need to fetch something for Dragonic's breakfast... It's sweet, she hates being waited on so she tries to do it herself.

Blaze of the Soul

This is quite the dragon gathering. The big huge hatchling bunch immediately accepted me into the group, and we frolicked in a nearby meadow, under the watchful eyes of Radiant Iris and Blazin' BBQ.

We were almost attacked, however, by some animal, but the two Adults quickly remedied that problem. We dined like royalty.

[unnamed Gold Hatchling]

31st Day of the Seventh Month

Dear Journal,

After being rushed to a nearby infirmary, our little Albino egg has finally hatched! We don't know its gender yet, but Lady Ink has already named him/her. Its name is Pigmentally--Pigment, for short. It is a rather odd name, as Lady Ink tells us that pigment is what gives our scales and eyes and the membrane in our wings its color. Albinos have no pigment at all in their bodies at all, so it gives them this extremely pale and white coloring. Because of this, they can't go out into sunlight, or else they will be burned by the sun's light, having no pigment to reflect some of the rays. However, as Lady Ink tells us, this poses a problem, as sunlight is required for a healthy life, or else Pigment will be sick and weakly. Lady Ink has solved this problem by casting spells on Pigment that will give him/her the good qualities of sunlight that he/she needs, while protecting him/her from the harmful rays. Sometimes I wonder how Lady Ink became so intelligent. But then again, she has been raising dragons since Veilings was hatched, and she hatched centuries ago. I'm told in the human world, where Lady Ink also learns at a place called "school", time runs much more slowly, so Lady Ink doesn't appear to age at all!

Oh dear, something is happening at the middle of the cave. I wonder what is going on...

---

It was Aramai--the frozen Purple hatchling. Lady Ink had retrieved her several days after I hatched with the inkling that the egg was something special. After she had grown her wings, she requested to be frozen. Lady Ink was happy to oblige and began muttering incantations to cast a freezing spell over her, which would prevent her from aging.

Now, just recently, Aramai had been playing with our unnamed Two-Headed hatchling and the newly-hatched Pigment, when suddenly she flew over to Lady Ink's alcove and snatched an inkwell, a piece of parchment, and a quill. Lady Ink was perplexed, so she followed Aramai to the center of the cave where she laid down the parchment and began to write in dragon runes, like I am right now. Soon enough, a large group had gathered at the center of the cave. After Aramai finished writing, Lady Ink picked up the parchment and began to read:

As the sun sets,

one by one they will fall.

The death of dragons,

Until one hears the call.

The sun will then rise,

And bring a new day.

A savior of peace,

For they will all say.

Lady Ink told us it was a prophecy. She cannot interpret it now, but she has a good guess. Though she warns us that prophecies are not always what they seem. At the moment, everyone sees it as Accidental, the cave's only Sunset dragon will attack the cave and kill the dragons inside. The line about hearing the call seems a bit odd, however. Then, they believe that I, being the cave's only Sunrise, will save the cave and everyone in it. I'm not sure though. After all, there's nothing truly special about me. Aramai bringing us a prophecy should be much more interesting to them. Lady Ink calls her an "Oracle". I will stop writing for today. I have written much more than ever before.

[serendipties]

It had been a frightening experience.

Hands down, the scariest looking dragon to me would be Rex of Earth. So when he just stared at me for several hours, it was quite intimidating.

[F R E S H]

Journal,

I've just hatched today, and already I've begun to read and write. Nevser's been taking good care of me, as have the other dragons who've volunteered. They say they'll name me after they know my gender, and I'm not sure what that really means but I somehow hope I'm male. It's just a feeling.

Me and the other three hatchlings of my brood await the hatching of our fourth member, a Whiptail, and another egg, a Mint. I'd love to meet them.

Unnamed Frill!

Dear Journal,

I've grown my wings! Finally! Imperial Songbird seems jealous, so today, I decided to make him furious my asking Juliet for flying lessons. He was pretty steamed, and wouldn't pass me any meat when it was time to eat.

[Celestial Honesty]

Dear Journal,

The egg we found hatched in just two or three hours! And back there I was worried! We found a Mint egg, a caveborn, which only had ten hours and no cracks in it. But three hours later it's hatched into a healthy hatchling! We ought to thank the several hatcheries we went to and those who helped raise the hatchling for that.

The hatchling's awfully shy, and doesn't communicate much. Hopefully it's just a phase.

~ Lady Ichigo

-----

Journal,

The egg we just got today hatched, but the egg raised with my brood still just has a gaping hole in it! Life's weird. The mint hatchling that just hatched won't play with us much. Our elders say it could be a phase, though the stone dragon predicts it won't pass.

Unnamed Summer

-----

7/31/09 Journal Entry

Today I played outside with the brood, but the Mint that just hatched is still shivering in the cave. No matter how hard Summer and I tried, we couldn't get it to join us. I wish that phase would pass!

Pink

------

Journal,

The mint egg hatched today, but the mint itself is shy. It hid behind some rocks and I tried to reason with it, saying it could play with us. But Royal Gargoyle tells us that it's too afraid of us, or the outside or something, to play. Pink and Summer tried force, but were quickly restrained and scolded. Is that good luck on my part for not joining them?

Unnamed Frill!

The other hatchlings and I watched as Diamond Dude and Vanilla with a hint of Pecan got very close to each other. Celestial Honesty bet that Diamond Dude was telling Vanilla a secret, so later on, we asked Blazin' BBQ. She said that soon, there was going to be a new hatchling to play with, soon.

Had we just witnessed a miracle? A miracle of birth?

[unnamed Gold Hatchling]

Dear Paper,

Well, it seems that Lord Jacob got to Royal Paine. There is a new Pink egg in our nursery, and it belongs to Royal Paine. There was some question as to who the father was, until Jacob walked next to her and the egg and put his wings and tail around them. I saw the look his brother, Lord Adam, gave the pair. He is not pleased.

Dragonic, on the other hand, is ecstatic. She couldn't be happier for the pair. When I asked her about it, she gave a huge grin and said "Royal is the full blooded sister of the legendary Missingo, and a daughter of a Holly Christmas Dragon. Jacob has two other Holly Christmas Dragons in his line, as well as a Yulebuck. That little egg has a gold mine for a lineage."

"And that means people are going to want to adopt that egg's siblings and eventual children." Shiro said afterward. I'm happy for them... I know that eventually I will get a mate, as will Song of the Heart. But I have to wonder about Dragonic herself... She has no mate, and put all her heart into raising us. Doesn't she deserve a mate?

I'll write again soon; the others want me to play.

Blaze of the Soul

Dear Journal,

Emeree's travels have not extended outside our valley. She seems to be staying close in case something new happens. I don't know if it's still the fear of that beast returning, or just an interest in seeing if anything has changed in the valley since the last time she spent a significant amount of time here.

We have a new set of eggs and hatchlings. Well, mostly hatchlings now. Twilight Shadow's and Strawberry Beauty's little egg refuses to hatch. The hatchling is moving around inside, but seems quite content to stay in there. No one is quite sure why. I would think the playful romping of the other four would be enough to convince the Pink to come out.

The other hatchlings we have are Gemstone Hunter's and Ty Sunshine's white Striped, Frilled Gemstone's and Ash Hunter's Frilled, Daydreaming Catcher's and Sheltered White's Albino, Whiptail Fi's and Whiptail Speedster's Whiptail. None have been named just yet. Emeree is waiting for them to get old enough for her to check their genders.

Pygmy Underfoot has been given the job of ridding the caves with mice, rats, and other annoying creatures. He is a very good hunter, and small enough that unsuspecting mammals do not realize he's there until it's too late. I watched him snag a bat last night. The only place he stays away from in his hunts are the Vampires' quarters. They don't mind the bats, apparently. The creatures are now hiding, of course. At least, I think they are. I can't imagine that Underfoot has caught that many of them. He eats those he catches, or so he says. Still, I haven't seen a rat in some time. I do know Emeree had to tell him not to leave his kills laying around. She apparently stumbled across one and was not happy. Underfoot had left it to get a quick drink of water.

Emeree told me recently that she intends to get another Pygmy egg soon. She doesn't want Underfoot to get lonely. He doesn't get harassed very much, since most dragons are grateful of the job he does. It keeps them from having to worry about the hatchlings encountering the large rats we have in the caves. I agree. Underfoot would probably be happy to have some company. A female would be even better. We'll cross that path when it comes, though. Right now, we have more than enough hatchlings running around.

--Aura Sunrise

Today I took a chance.

The other hatchlings, as usual, invited me to play, and this time, I took them up on their offer.

I will never do it again, and will go back to my usual hiding.

[F R E S H]