Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Something or Other,

The forest is coming along nicely. It is taking great deals of magic, but already most of the forest is well on it's way. I shall send Mercury to fellow caves to ask for vollunteers to help out.

Shooting Star has given us another gold egg. Once again, the Nightingale Family extends it's numbers. We have bred a red TJ egg for another cave, and we have recieved a niece or nephew of the dragon Missingo. It is a silver egg, and will be treated with great respect. Today we are also getting a stone egg, from Lady Petra of the Forbidden. This is an interesting family, most of the dragons of it turning out especially beautiful, and I look forward to seeing the little one.

I shall have to train a dragon to keep tracks of all the lineages we have. Silverus, Missingo, Dorkface, TJ, plus our own personal ones. Maybe a Paper for that...

Shiro Saki

Dear Something or Other,

We are gifting two of our three new Gold Eggs to different caves. One is going to a long time friend of Dragonic's, Kyubi. It's Helio Hime's third Gold Child, and I hope they will grow into a strong and beautiful addition to that cave. The second has yet to be decided, but will go to someone who deserves it.

The forest is almost completely grown in now, and most of the animals have returned. Things are going well for us, and all is peaceful.

But there is some bad news. On July 1st, Dragonic will be leaving for 5 weeks to visit new lands. She will occasionally come to visit us, but the visits will be few and far between. That leaves us less than three weeks to stay with her. I hope the cave stays intact while this happens.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

This is Hakube. Creamtiger, our Sunrise Hathling, was deciding to be cute and all and make me a journal out of a pulp of grass he.. or she.. chewed up. Creamtiger's friend Sunpebble, an earth hatchling, helped as well. They're adorable! Sometimes I'm jealous of Rising Cold's hatchling duty. She hated it at first, but you wouldn't believe it now!

Creamtiger and Sunpebble were nearly inseperable from the day they first hatched. And, speaking of Rising Cold, I.. I...

..never mind.

Oh, here comes Sunpebble with Creamtiger on their tail.. literally. Risey doesn't seem to be looking. I think I'll show them the cave's water spring....

From,

Hakube, the Cave Gaurdian Dragon

Dear journal:

I now know what the cause of my uneasiness was. Stulpicani. She is the newest Daydream dragon to join us, and is not particularly nice. I'm unable to understand why Juru Kunci chose her as his mate, but then who am I to judge what goes through the minds of other dragons?

They have one egg already, a Daydream. I can only hope that the hatchling won't turn out like its mother.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Edited by Ghost Cat

Dear Something or Other,

The forest is back to it's full size once more. Our Magi and Vines are exhausted, but happy. We still have to fly miles outside of our valley to hunt, but that is so we don't tax our new forests.

It has been discovered that we really are alone in this small valley. The nearest Cave was our allied cave during the war, in the next valley over. So that means we have room to expand! While the Frozens and the Guardians still have the front of our current cave, the Stones have decided to stay in the back of that.

Speaking of Stones, we have a new addition. The stone Hatchling Dragonic got from Lady Petra gendered female. Her name is now Lady Arya of the Forbidden. She has kept from choosing a mate just yet... I wonder why. Is she waiting for someone?

Our Pebbles are scouting out potential new caves as we speak. I'd better go check on them.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

My mate, Hinote, and I have have arrived in a cave that welcomes us. It is a big cave and it's gonna get bigger. Hinote and I had been searching, practically since we hatched, to find a gentle cave.

Let me write about Hinote and I for a moment. I am a purple dargon, and he is a red.our last names are similar, de no. I am Lavender de no Aria, and he is Hinote de no Orei. I have Aria because I am female, he has Orei because he's male.

We meet in the wild, and instantly fell in love. We had always wanted to settle into a warm cave, where we could raise a family in safety. At first we found an abandoned cave, but one day when we went out to hunt, our cave was stolen by rouge dragons. Our first egg was inside, and we do not know it's fate. Then we found shelter in a forest, but during a terrible storm, a wild fire broke out, sending us running. We found refuge in Panda's cave.

To the far right of the cave, Hinote and his friends, Dazzy's Suprise and

Lan Midinght, were carving out a big section. This part of the cave is now De No Territory (with Panda's permision of course.), where we can finally raise a family in peace and comfort. My new friends are Dengi and Pure' Heart.

This cave is great for our child, Wapika. Shiian and Majestic Elegance preform spectacular dances for the hatchlings, Mai Dreamstar protectes their dreams at night, and Neon Heaven protects the hatchlings from the mean Black dragons who live in the deep pits of the cave. We will be here until the dasy we die.

~ Lavender de no Aria

Dear Something or Other,

Our cave is now huge, with over 150 individual dragons. Two new Golds have joined our ranks, and Dragonic is rushing to push the Nightingale Line further before she leaves. Our progress on the new caves are fast, and they should be done by the end of the Summer.

Speaking of that season, the Summer Dragons have replaced the Springs. Our current Summer egg is not our Oracle, Fuyu no Hanabi stated, but we shall have one soon.

Lets see... Dragonic has been working on getting dragons decended from the old Christmas Dragons. You know, the Holly ones. Well, we have Waiting for the Rain, a red that has not one, but two '07s plus a Yulebuck in his lineage. We have a new pink egg that is a full sibling of Missingo, the dragon who is never unfogged (although it is rumored that he himself is a '07 Christmas), and the son/daughter of a '07. Since we have Lady Arya interested in Waiting for the Rain, we are planning on working as many Yulebucks and '07s into their decendants as possible.

Hopefully that'll work out well.

Everything is peaceful, and hunting has been good. I hope that this peaceful period lasts for a long time.

Shiro Saki,

Leader of the Valley of the Stars.

Dear Journal,

Wapika and Kumo have certainly fallen in love. I expected Hinote to be displeased with Kumo. He's young and shows no sign of responsibility. But Hinote seems to think of him as a son.

We have been here for over two weeks now. I learned that Rosie-Bloom is the leader of the cave. Red Spix is the oldest and wisest, but Rosie is in comand. Don't get me wrong, she's a great leader.

Our cave is always under costruction. Dragons are digging through the walls in the back of the cave. We need the expansion with all of the new hatchlings. I heard a rumor that there are tiny dragons running around. But thos tiny ones are much older than me! They are called "frozen hatchlings" or something. A lot of magic is needed to freeze one of them, and more and more are being frozen. I wonder what's going on?

~Lavender de no Aria

Dear Journal,

Today, a much awaited time has finally come. When my sister's child rose from the shell of its egg, he wasn't normal, like me or my dad, but a strange-looking little one, like my sister used to be. They're not exactly the same but their looks are similar and Elizabeth promised Makuro the hatchling would grow up to be like her. I've never seen her so happy in my life. I'm overjoyed too, but only because the long-awaited birth of my sister's heir means that I'm finally free. Makuro will no longer forbid me to take a lifemate : my children will be younger than hers and pose no threat to their leadership position.

Makuro never wanted normal children : as she was born "rare" and "special", she wanted her heir to be like her. She's had numerous children with two mates but abandoned them all because they were normal. She was even ready to dump her lifemate, Kristnasko, because he failed to give her what she wanted. In fact, I'm also quite happy that didn't happen. Kristnasko is a kind dragon, almost joyful (must be 'cos he's a spirit of Christmas) and absurdly devoted to Makuro. I like him, but would like him more if I understood why he loves Makuro so much.

Plenty of people like Makuro and I don't understand why. Elizabeth, for example. She said Makuro is a proud dragon and her callous treatment of me and Kristnasko just hides her loneliness and fear of being one of a kind. Is it necessary to say I'm not buying it ? Anyway, Elizabeth always helped Makuro to abandon her "normal" children and I'm still resenting her for that, though I can't hurt her because she took care of me when I was just an egg. Her only excuse for acting that way is she needed Makuro's "special" child, and him only. Then, she rambled about something called "Alt dragons" and I gave up.

By the way, Elizabeth named my nephew "Kuro no Keiyakusha". It means "the black contractor" and is an homage to some series she watched on human TV. It's a beautiful name and I hope my nephew will turn out allright. But, since Makuro and Elizabeth seem ready to spoil him like crazy, I don't think he will become very nice, although quite mighty. The dominance of the First Family on the six others won't end soon...

Irkalla of the First Family

PS : Elizabeth told me that, since Makuro got the child she wanted, I was next on her list. She promised I would have a beautiful mate and a glorious lineage of my own. I wonder if she was talking about the Dorkfaces...

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

Dear Journal,

As I was the first, I assumed I would be the matriarch of our growing Clan. Morgan, our Mistress (and I use that term loosely) rescued me from certain death after my own draconic mother abandoned me after I hatched...hatched normal. That was my only sin, for being as every other dragon and not appearing as unique as she. The bitterness yields to gratitude towards and respect to Morgan, even to her gentle love and rule.

I must yield to fate, as it is plainly obvious that the new hatchling Morgan has named Carnim, is obviously the leader of our Clan. He...she...it's gender has not become visible as of yet, has become quite protective of the other hatchlings and eggs in our small cave. Despite the presumed demotion of myself, Morgan promises me daily that she will find me a suitable mate.

Once Carnim has become an adult and assumed the responsibility of leadership, I will no longer be updating this, and allow him (her?) to continue the recording of our growing Clan.

Night

Syl'Drakk's Journal.

Another Day passes me by, Few things have changed, Slowly but surely we grow in numbers and the cave is becoming more interesting every passing day.

I used to leave the cave quite often before when there were but 3 of us, now I rarely leave alone, Aria loves flying and keeps me company most of the time when I am outside. I still have nightmares of my poor dead offspring, abandoned and mistreated. *sigh* Well... I will have another chance soon, but this time, I will make sure my offspring gets a good home. Poor Raiya, As if she wasn't emotionally scarred of being separated from her parents. She would have died all abandoned there in front of that cave, had it not been Drakkoh. But the dead egg was too much for her fragile mind. It took her a few months to recover and stop crying...*closes journal*

Syl'Raiya's Journal:

A wise man once said: "Time heals all Wounds"... Personally that man should have been burned to a crisp if you ask me. I still can barely sleep and am becoming a bit of a nuisance with all the bad dreams I have. I cannot control myself, its like I am cursed.

Well... Life goes on, I cannot change the past, I do try to seem happier for Drakk, but its hard, and I think he sees straight through me and reads me like a map.

I don't want him to worry about me. He's been so good to me lately...

I have hardly been out of the Cave, I think its time I started living again. Tomorrow I am going out. I cant keep going like this.*closes journal*

Syl'Naya's Journal

Finally I left my Childhood Behind, Or well so says Drakkoh, I'm not quite sure of the difference between a few months back and now... Yes I was much smaller then, but, hmmm, maybe that's it. I love it here, I have never seen so much diversity of my own Kin, And everyone's so nice, except for Raiya, She seems... sad. I caught Feralas over 5 times so far staring at me blindly... Not sure how to interpret that... And new of my own Kin keep on coming, Drakkoh is Currently taking care of an adorable little Hatchling, although it seems to wake up really late in the day, but its so adorable. I wonder what it will grow into...*closes journal*

Syl'Feralas's Journal

Oh I cant believe my Luck. A newcomer to the Cave has arrived, I have never seen anything like her. Sometimes I just cant stop looking, she's just too, too beautiful not to look at, I have to let her know what I think, Ill tell her tomorrow, I hope...

I am so envious of Some of the rest here, I wish I could breathe fire like them, well I never tried, but I think its just not in my nature... I bet that would impress her... Ugh, I just cant stop thinking about her!!! *closes journal*

Syl'Kaya's Journal:

So many hours Wasted... I cant believe I cant get the hang of this, Some spells I have mastered but some just seem way too hard, I guess they'll come with experience, so I have to keep on Going, I must persevere. Things are a bit of a mess lately in the cave, The new addition is rather strange, it is still young so it has no wings yet, has very dark blue scales and a red underbelly, I suspect its a Sunset Dragon but we shall see, I have been deceived before by mere looks. *closes journal*

Syl'Neera's Journal

The view from the cave is just so sweet, we can see both the sunset and sunrise on the left and right side of the entrance, Its just so beautiful. How our clan has grown over such a short period of time, Drakkoh is So Proud. Mine and Feralas's Offspring: Named: Herbert Chorley... Odd Name... Has matured, Hehe, Feralas seems to be eyeing the new entry to our Clan, Naya. Well... Looks like I'll be left to take care of the other's unhatched offspring this time... I don't mind really. I'm just glad Chorley's Okay, Too bad for Raiya's Egg though. She seems so sad because of it. Well... Life goes on. *closes journal*

Syl'Aria's Journal

What a beautiful day, and the skies are so clear, not a drop of rain in sight. That "time" is approaching... but it looks like I won't find anyone for myself.

So I might aswell practice my Looping maneuvers. But who knows... I have been surprised before.

Poor Feralas though, He cannot fly, He's missing out on so much. Doesn't seem to bother him though, he's head over heels for Naya, he tries to hide it but its eyeburningly obvious. I wish him lots of luck. *closes journal*

P.S. I love this Thread. I had so much Fun Writing this. biggrin.gif

Edited by Drakkoh

June 30, 2009

Dear Journal,

My name is Gabriela. I am the owner of 4 stolen eggs. I will keep 4 journals recording the growth of each egg and letters to my hatchlings. Once the eggs hatch, I will give each journal to the rightful hatchling so it will know what life was like outside of the egg before they hatched. In turn, each hatchling will be able to keep their own journal and write in it, what they will. This will be my first gift to each of them. On the day of June 29, 2009, I ventured into a thick mountainous area. I was a weary traveler with only a bottle of water and a sack full of food. I had a pair of sheathed sais at my belt, a satchel of arrows at my back, and a bow in my hand. I also had a knife and a small hand shovel in my belt as well. The sky grew dark and I could tell that it would rain soon. A few miles in front of me was a mountain, and from the distance I was at, I could see a cave a few hundred feet above me. It was a stretch, but I thought I could make it if I hurried. So I ran, I ran for about 25 minutes, about a 3 mile run, and I came upon the mountain. Being closer up, I could see a trail that went around the mountain up until a certain point below the cave. It wasn't a long distance so I felt I could get into the cave just as the rain started. So I ran up the trail, eager to make it to the cave. Hours later, I made it to the top of the trail and behold, rain begun to fall. Not a sprinkle like I'd thought, but pouring rain. I wasn't sure how I'd make it into the cave, but I had to try. So I tightened my belt, tightened my arrow satchel, and stuck my bow into my satchel because I'd need both my hands. It took a few hours of slipping and sliding and grasping and climbing, but somehow I had made it to the cave. My body felt like lead and when I'd made it past the entrance of the cave, I fell unconscious.

The next morning I awoke. The sun was shining brightly into the cave and my head was pounding. What had happened last night? Then I remembered. I sought the shelter of a cave from the rain. I picked up my heavy, sore body and wiped my eyes then I checked to see that all of my equipment was here, then I checked my surroundings. What I saw made my mouth drop open. Piles and piles of gold surrounded every corner of the cave. But what astounded me even more was what was guarding the treasure. Creatures that I had believed were long since extinct; dragons. A jolt of fear went through my body, I was sure they'd wake up and have me for breakfast; but they didn't, not for a long while. I licked my dried up lips and snuck quietly around the cave. I picked up a box, unaware of what was in it, and began piling coin upon coin, jewel upon jewel weapon upon weapon, and somehow, the box began floating. I thought it was a dragon, but when I noticed that it wasn't, I scurried out of the cave, the box floating ahead of me. Hours later, I finally made it down the mountain and was able to take shelter under a tree as I heard a great cry and saw dragons flying out of the cave; undoubtedly to hunt. After I was sure the dragons were out of sight, I looked around to grab the box of looted treasures and make my way to shelter. But when I looked up, the box was already floating away. Panicked, I chased after it for miles and miles until I found myself in a wonderful, colorful valley. There was grass and flowers, it was like paradise. Then again I found myself following the floating box, eager to chase after my lost treasure. I found myself yet again climbing another mountain, which led to another cave, but once I reached the cave, I pleasantly found that it was abandoned. And, I noticed that that whatever had abandoned it had left more treasure. So here I am this morning. I had unpacked my treasure and found that inside the box were 4 dragon eggs. And first I thought that I should abandon the eggs. After all, dragons would eat me. But then I thought, "Well, it'd be nice to have some company around here and maybe I can teach them that eating me is bad." So now I sit here, writing in my journal, about to start the journals of my new hatchlings. What a wonderful day.

Hatchling journal 1:

June 30, 2009

The egg looks to be sitting in a pile of small pebbles. It's a lime green color with a bit of a rough outer shell. I am doing my best to keep all eggs nice and warm with every bit of clothing available. I can feel movement in the green egg and when I shine a light through the egg, I can see that it's fully developed. So why hasn't it hatched yet? If it doesn't come out in six days then it might die. I cannot yet tell whether it is a male or a female dragon, but once it's hatched I'll find out. As of now I'm running through names for all four hatchlings in my head and writing down what I hope will be suitable names.

Hatchling journal 2:

June 30, 2009

The egg is purple. Purple is not a color I expected to see in a dragon egg, but then again, I don't really know much about dragons. I fear for my dragon's life, because as with the green egg, it seems ready to hatch. The texture of this egg shell is smooth. It's a beautiful egg and reminds me of the pretty colors used to decorate Easter eggs. If it's a girl, I think I'll name it Ayane, if it's a male, I think I'll name it Haru.

Hatchling journal 3:

June 30, 2009

This egg is exceedingly peculiar. In fact, this is what made my treasure float. It's a hot pink egg that's floating in the air. The floating makes it hard to keep this egg warm, but nevertheless, it could be one of the first eggs hatched.

Hatchling journal 4:

June 30. 2009

This egg is bright and pink. I don't know what it is, but I really want to see what this dragon turns out to be. I have so many questions to ask but unfortunately I don't think my dragons will be able to answer as they won't have a mother dragon to answer the questions for them. I believe my only option would be to somehow find a book of sorts to answer my questions for me.

I drank...then I felt funny. Really funny. Like I won't be having golden baby hatchlings roaming around my cave anymore.

Okay...NOW WHO FREAKING PUT CONTRACEPTIVES IN MY WATER!!!

~Random gold of Halo's cave

Syl'Drakk's Journal.

That season is approaching again and preparations are being made, nests are being repaired and plans are being discussed. Dear Journal, I do regret to know, Raiya will not take her chance this season, she says she needs to cut away from all responsibilities for a while, including taking care of eggs... leaving Me, mate-less. Ive been thinking about asking Aria, She and I have so much in common, but that's just it, we have a friendship and all of a sudden I am asking for a hatchling... Well, I have a few days left, I will ask her, though my previous few attempts did raise a few eyebrows... so to speak.*closes journal*

Syl'Raiya's Journal:

I did it, I went outside, had a nice time in the nearby hills, went for a walk in the forest, Had a chat with a few Dragons from neighboring caves, I think this is working, My nightmares will go down with time, and I feel better than I have in a while. But I had to turn Drakk down on our plans for this season, the stress of wondering will I lose another egg is too much for me to bare, but I'm sure he will be fine.*closes journal*

Syl'Naya's Journal

Feralas is really getting on my nerves, He keeps starting pointless conversations for no reason, he's sweet but its like he wants to tell me something, I think i can guess what it is, but I cant just tell him I know what it is because it will be so awkward If I'm wrong.He's just so well mannered, and friendly... Who am I kidding, I like him and I'll tell him that. Today. In fact. Right now!*closes journal*

Syl'Feralas's Journal

I can't do it, I just can't do it. I feel so worthless, honestly, How hard can It be... I keep trying to direct a conversation in that direction but it always goes wrong, I have to let her know though. If only I knew what my chances are, and there isn't much time left. *sigh* Well at least if I am left alone I won't be the only one, Poor Drakk, He's left Mate-less with only a few days left, but I'm sure he'll sort it out on his own. *closes journal*

Syl'Kaya's Journal:

Finally, a breakthrough! I finally mastered "Alterif Neractus", the meta-morph spell, ofcourse I havent tried it on anything living so far, but I can turn Rocks into Meat and Mud into Crystal-Clear Water. I really need a break. I think I'll go take a swim in the nearby lake. I haven't been there in weeks.*closes journal*

Syl'Neera's Journal

We repaired a few of the old nests today, Two of them to be exact. One will be used by the Eggs Drakkoh is taking care of at the moment and the other will be the little hatchie's Home, until it matures of-course.

Poor Feralas, Strong enough to Rip Trees of their roots and snap them like twigs, but doesn't have the guts to tell Naya What he wants to say. Males... impossible to figure out.*closes journal*

Syl'Aria's Journal

What is it with Drakk and Feralas? Feralas has been acting strange for a while now, its like he has some disease or something and Drakk caught it, He started behaving in a similar way, I like flying outside and so does he, but now every time he leaves he wants me to go with him for some reason. I think I'd better have a chat with Raiya, She's been in a good mood lately. Maybe she knows something about this.*closes journal*

Dear Journal,

Carnim has achieved adolescence and its quite obvious now that she will be our new Matriarch. A while longer, Morgan says, and she will find me an appropriate mate, after Carnim has taken over the responsibilities of the matriarchy. Until then, I am responsible for showing her the ropes.

As much as I'd like to admit her natural abilities, she still is an adolescent and is busy preening and showing off for Koron and Anun, our other two adolescents. She does have a protective flair for Kaimel, our smallest hatchling, and our three eggs. She's been sleeping with me as I wrap myself around the nesting area.

I am almost looking forward to giving over the reins and finding myself a mate. I just hope Morgan is as discriminating as I am.

Night

Syl'Drakk's Journal.

Dear Journal, I cannot express how disappointed I am, The season passed and we've not 1 egg to show for it. I don't understand why this happened. Aria is very disappointed too, She skipped late feeding time yesterday, we had lamb by the way, raw and bloody as usual. Hehe, Drakkoh is so squeamish watching most of us eat, he has to put his own meat on a fire before he eats it but I don't understand why. Anyway, I'd better go talk with Aria again, I don't want her to start acting like Raiya the way she was a few weeks ago.*closes journal*

Syl'Raiya's Journal:

What can I say... I was hoping for a few eggs to brighten the atmosphere but something happened, I have no Idea what, poor Drakk, he was really dissapointed, not as much as Feralas though, he actually managed to talk with Naya and they did become mates, but they were also left with an empty nest. Naya seems to be taking it better than Feralas... witch is strange, He's usually so emotionally strong. Well, I'm sure they will be fine in time.*closes journal*

Syl'Naya's Journal

I don't know what to say, what happened, is it my fault? Why is our nest empty? I just cannot understand. Poor Feralas, He's so nice and now he's heartbroken. He hasn't been out of the ground all day since yesterday. Well if at First you don't succeed, try try again, next season I hope there will be different results. *closes journal*

Syl'Feralas's Journal

Why... Why me, Of all the dragons on earth Why Me? It goes beyond every strand of understanding that I possess. Well, I'm not the only one. Poor Aria. She seems worse than me. Ugh... I cant keep thinking about this! I'm going back to sleep!*closes journal*

Syl'Kaya's Journal:

The Hatchling Drakkoh Adopted a while back is Close to maturing, Unfortunately it is Female. That makes us 7, and only Drakk and Feralas are our males, That is Extremely Unbalanced and needs Immediate action, I informed Drakkoh, but it was hardly news to him, he reassured me he will even things out in time. He's neck-deep in Charts and paperwork. He has to keep track of so many things at the moment...

I've heard of a type of Dragon called "Paper Dragons". Its obvious what they are, Wads of Enchanted paper, But I am not advanced enough to make him one, Its also commonly known they are great Lore-keepers, he could really use one. I'll try to look into it, who knows, I might find a way to obtain one.*closes journal*

Syl'Neera's Journal

As it was feared, so it has happened, No eggs were laid and the hatchling turned out to be... yes... female. Drakkoh Named her Reia, Some strange language translates it into "Beam of Light". Its a Nice name. Things are so chaotic now, possibly our only hope for balance is that at least one of the 2 eggs still Incubating will be a Male.*closes journal*

Syl'Aria's Journal

I don't even know why I am writing this, Do I need to hear myself talk? Will that distract me from the truth? Not one, Not one egg this season! And things are getting out of hand, we are now 7 females and 2 males, if the two eggs that Drakkoh is taking care of at the moment turn out to be female,... I don't know what we'll do, He'll most likely look for a trade or something... Life goes on but its hard to get over this, We will try again next season, but if it happens again, there will be no third attempt.*closes journal*

Edited by Drakkoh

Oh, no.

Humans are taking over the land.

They're killing all of the animals.

Then they started planting new and better plants.

Then?

They put in more animals.

More food!!!

Catty says that they're building a 'conservatory'. I don't know what that is, but it sounded good.

Until they found us.

After that, they wrecked our cave!!! They even got rid of the remaining rocks!!! And then they buolt a replica made out of concrete!!! What gives?

Now they're putting sticky bad-smelling stuff through the land, with these big yellow monsters. At night, their eyes glow with cold hatred, and they have large black paws. Humans seem to climb into their bellies, and through their back ends, they secrete the foul black goop. There's another type of these beasts (in which I call Stenchbeasts, because they smell terrible and artificial) that have a large arm, bigger than its filthy black paws.... on its back. It uses it to dig up earth wherever the other type of Stenchbeast goes.

Catty's saying that they're making this a nature ride. She says it's at theme parks --places humans go to have fun-- and they drive the Stenchbeasts on the Stenchpaths (what the stenchbeasts are making with the black sticky stuff. I call it Stenchwater). Except the uses really weird words, like "dump truck', 'cement mixer', 'car', and 'road'.

Yesterday night, Silverstream, Cherrii, Cockel, Relish, Sooty Boots and I went out to see if the Stenchbeasts slept heavily. We sniffed it, and it didn't wake up. Then, out of nowhere, Cherrii began pounding on its snout!!! And it didn't wake up!! Then he invited Silverstream on top of it, and there they fell asleep. I flew up onto its snout. It had no scales or fur, was cold, and incredibly hard. But the full moon helped lull me to sleep.

At around 7:00, though, after everyone had fallen asleep on the Stenchbeast, I was awoken by footsteps approaching from the forest. I knew the No-wings were coming, so I woke everyone up and we flew back to the cave.

Maybe these changes aren't so bad after all....

- Utsukushii Ryu

July 3, 2009

3 of my baby dragons have hatched. I'm slightly worried about my pink egg though since it hasn't shown any signs of coming out of it's egg yet. The egg is cracked and there's a large hole in it, but it seems almost afraid. Unfortunately I can't see into the hole of the egg and when I try to coax it out it only backs up against the egg. So I've decided to let it alone and let it's siblings watch over it. I'm sure it'll come out soon. As for the other 3, I've given them their journals and they're writing now.

Hatchling 1:

Dear Journal,

I've only just come into this world out of the darkness of my egg. Everything is so bright out here and our valley is beautiful. Gabby says that she's running out of food for herself and doesn't have enough food for us, so she's going to go out and hunt while we stay here and watch over the last egg. Gabby says she hasn't seen any other dragons in our valley since we came so she's not worried about defending our cave against anyone. She's put a bowl of water at the corner of the cave for us to drink while she's gone but I'm hungry instead so she left what was left of her food out for us too. She says that we should eat right when we hatch or bad things could happen. I'm not sure what she plans to gather for us, but I hope it's good.

Hatchling 2:

Dear Journal:

Gabby left us alone to go find some food. Right now all we have are some berries and nuts here and some water, but they're really yummy. We don't have names yet but Gabby says that as soon as she knows what our gender is...whatever that means...then she'll be able to give us our names.

Hatchling 3:

Dear Journal,

Hatchling 2 is munching on all of the nuts and berries. It keeps insisting that I should eat too, but all I want to do is go with Gabby. Gabby left us here because she told us that we're too young to go hunt with her and that if something happens and we get hurt, then she won't be able to help us since she'd still not sure how to take care of us. Hatchling 2 just gave me some berries and watched me eat them. They're really yummy. Hatchling 1 keeps watching over the last egg and trying to get the last hatchling out. I think it should come out too. It's fun out her and there's a lot more room. We can run around and play and jump and stretch. We couldn't do that inside of the eggs. Oh! Gabby is back and she's found more eggs!

Gabby:

Dear Journal,

I've come back with fruits and meat and leaves and other plants, but I've also come back with a lovely surprise. I've found more eggs. The pink eggs still hasn't hatched but my first hatchling is trying to convince it to come out. Now it's telling the egg of the new company. It looks like I'll be starting more journals. I'm a little worried though because finding eggs in the valley means that there has to be more dragons around. One of the eggs is three different colors. The top is purple, the middle is black, and the bottom is grey. I've also found two more: One is bright red and warm and the other seems to be surrounded by fog. I moved all three over to the cloth pile where my pink egg is still hatching; hopefully they'll all be ok.

July 3, 2009

Dear Journal,

The fourth egg has hatched and it's beautiful. It just ate and now it's taking a nap. I'll give it it's journal when it wakes up.

Drakkoh's Journal.

Report Number 37...

It was so Quiet Before, with delight I witnessed my cave slowly but surely gain population, I have relations with every one of my Dragons and Communicate with them on a Telepathic Level just as they do to to communicate with each other. Mastering this Of-course was very difficult. I treat them the way they treat me, as a friend, as family.

I would do anything to make sure they are safe, and lately... Their safety has been in question.

Gender balance issues apart, a new threat has been building overtime here, far in the distance I can see my own kin building and ravaging the forestlands as if there was no tomorrow, pollution and desecration are starting to grip the quiet valley where our cave is located. Its time we move... No, not to a cave far far away, a problem like this cannot be avoided like that, and I cannot confront it, that much is obvious.

I have been reading a lot about some phenomenon known as "Lay Lines" that scatter throughout and between the very fabric of space and time, and It has been proven that these "Lay Lines" can be used to travel between realms. A realm is basically a pocket where Solid material can exist. Water, Earth, Fire and Air.

Basically our whole "Universe" is a realm where the earth is located. Anything beyond the realm's barrier is considered "The Void", Complete nothingness where no fabric, time or space exists.

A few caves have already been relocated to a new realm, though the process was nerve-shatteringly painstaking and dangerous, these caves are safe and live in a utopian world now.

I seek the same. I have asked my top researcher, namely Kaya to look into it. We must have a gate open by the end of the upcoming "Season", or else we risk confrontation with my former brethren, the Humans.

By then the Gate must be opened, the Eggs I currently take care of, must have matured and we must all be sure, that we will survive the energy flux that will be unleashed upon entering one of the "Lay Lines", and that we will have open communications with The Giving Tree at all times. This will possibly be the most difficult thing we have ever achieved. But we will.

Edited by Drakkoh

Syl'Drakk's Journal.

Out of the Frying pan into the Fire... Nothing can describe our situation better. Drakkoh held a conference meeting in the cave today, everyone was there as usual, he announced that we will be leaving this realm or something, I am not so sure, I don't understand these sort of things... But one thing is Clear, There will be a lot (two words, not one) of changes soon.*closes journal*

Syl'Raiya's Journal:

Were Moving? I can't believe it, and I got so used to this cave, but they are right, the air is starting to smell of burnt wood and it seems to get hotter and hotter for some reason. I regret to know where this all might end. We will be spending the next "Season" here and it will be our last day in this cave, says Drakkoh, Unfortunately this means all our eggs will have to be given out. No-one really minded to be honest... I'm gonna miss this old place. Not as much as Naya though, when she heard were moving she was very disappointed. *closes journal*

Syl'Naya's Journal

Sigh... Were not going to stay here, Oh I love this place, why do we have to move, so the air is a bit smellier... Hmmmm... what do I know, I'm not fit to be a Leader and Hierarchy is something we abolish here. But I trust Drakkoh, though it will take a while for me and Feralas to get over it.*closes journal*

Syl'Feralas's Journal

I'm not happy about this. Drakkoh wants us to move to some "Realm" located who knows where... the way he described life there... "It is a Utopian world of peace and prosperity". Well... I want that, but, Very few Clans have moved cave successfully. Ah well... I have no say in the matter. I may talk to Drakkoh about it but I am sure he knows best. Naya will definitely (with an I, not an A) miss this cave, I don't really mind moving, I just want her to be safe.*closes journal*

Syl'Kaya's Journal:

As if I didn't have enough to do, Now I need to research "Lay Lines" and the Location of this alternate realm, Or how they call it "The Astral Plane"... I have never been there, but they say its like here, only without the humans, no desecration and more food and pure water. Thats enough to motivate me, If the humans keep burning away their Realm's Precious resources at this rate soon they will be their own undoing, and I do not want to be here when that happens.*closes journal*

Syl'Neera's Journal

What's to say, we have to move away... I really don't want to talk about it, its beyond my understanding, 2 of the 3 eggs Drakkoh is taking care of have hatched though, The hatchies are so adorable, We certainly hope at least one if not both turn out to be male. Well.... That's pretty much it. I'm going to the lake to enjoy it while I can.*closes journal*

Syl'Aria's Journal

Aria finally grew up, how sad though there is no one for her at the current situation, our only hope is one of the hatches turns out to be male... if not, we may consider gifting it... too bad. As for the move, All I care is that we all make it though this "Lay Line" and there is air in that realm... I'm sure Drakkoh knows What he's doing. If Drakk doesn't mind moving caves nether do I.*closes journal*

Syl'Reia's Journal

I left my Childhood behind only a few days ago and already something big is going on, not a good way to start your life but Drakkoh is Right. If things keep getting worse than this we will be driven out in the open. For now I'll keep all my opinions to myself. They gave me this journal, and they are all so nice, its a pity though there are only 2 males and now... well... 6 females. That's a big problem. I can't believe i was as small and cute as those two little hatchies we have. I do hope they grow up soon though, At that young age they are quite vulnerable... too much for traveling between realms.*closes journal*

Gabby's Journal:

June 4, 2009.

Dear Journal:

No change in the new eggs, though they feel warm and the babies inside are moving quite a bit. Our pink hatchling is already getting used to it's new friends. As of now they're all playing and running around. The first hatchling was exploring yesterday and found a large lake in the depths of the cave. I wonder where it leads to? Unfortunately I can't hold my breath long enough to go that deep into the water. I guess it'll simply have to be yet another mystery to unfold at a later date. Well, I need to go out and collect more food; we're running low.

Hatchling 1:

June 4, 2009

Dear Journal,

Hurray! Two of our own have grown their wings! Gabby has given a name to two of us already. The purple and the pink, although the pink still hasn't grown wings. The purple has been named Dat Is Liefde and the pink has been named C'est Amour. It's been an exciting day. I can't wait until Gabby gives me and the floating dragon a name. She says she's still trying to figure out a name for us to show how wonderfully individual we each are. Gabby says that she gave the pink and purple dragons the same name because she wants to start a lineage with such names. I'm not sure what a lineage is, but it sounds nice and it tells me that we're going to have even more dragons in our midst. This makes me very happy.

Dat Is Liefde's Journal:

June 4, 2009

Dear Journal,

I've finally got a name. Gabby says it means "That's Love." It's a wonderful name. I also have my wings, Gabby says that I'll be coming out of my childhood years soon. I'll become a Clanmother of the lineage called "All you need is Love." The lineage will be a lineage that includes the word "love" in some form or another. I'm not sure what love is, but it sounds wonderful. Gabby says that if the pink genders female, then we'll share the title of Clanmother. If it genders male then she'll breed us to begin the lineage.

Hatchling 3:

June 4, 2009

Dear Journal,

Gabby says that since I've grown my wings, I'll be maturing soon. At least, that's what she's found out while out hunting. That's all she knows for now though. She says that she's just as new at this as we are. Gabby is currently exploring further into the cave. There was very narrow walking room by the lake in the cave so she decided to look and see what is further back. I can't wait to get a name. Gabby says that while she's in the back of the cave, she'll be thinking of names for me and the other hatchling. The other hatchling is making things with little rocks. I don't know why, but it thinks it's fun. Me? I prefer floating around the cave.

C'est Amour's Journal:

June 4, 2009

Dear Journal,

Gabby has given me a name. She says that Dat Is Liefde will take part in creating a lineage. We're both very excited about it. She tells me that I haven't quite matured yet, and further planning will depend on how I "gender" and she calls it. the three new eggs have not shown any signs of hatching, but they seem like they want to come out. I can't wait to see the new additions to our clan.

Edited by magickalfantasy

Drakkoh's Journal.

Report Number 38...

Yes! We made a major breakthrough today. I found out there is a Node quite close to our cave that can be used to go through what seems to be a stable "Lay Line" that runs through the Astral Plane... Using this Node however needs a lot of knowledge in the realm of the Arcane. I'm sorry for this but Kaya does indeed have a lot to do. I feel bad for putting so much weight on her, I'll think of a way to make it up, but this is top priority, especially since I found out my former brethren are planning to cut a route that runs quite close to our cave.

However, If we can tap into this Node we will have a stable reliable Nexus gate between this realm and the astral plane. My only concern is for the Gate however, as we established it is not safe near the cave for us, and for the gate... Apparently Its somehow not a danger to leave a gate like that since it can be closed on demand, but it still worries me.

All the eggs have hatched and the hatchlings look healthy and happy, I'm sure they will mature quite soon. So far, so good. *closes journal*

The start of Soul Choices journal(ish thing)

I can hear sounds more vividly now. I am alone in my world, although I’m sure that outside it there is something, but I don’t know what yet. I am growing, or maybe the world is shrinking? There will soon be no room for me, and I will be forced to answer my instinct. Break out of here.

Something is cracking, and I can feel things around me. There is suddenly a strange light, and my immediate response is to go into it, it is just so welcoming. Breaking my way out I realize how cold it is. But leave my home I must. My head appears from the warmth and my eyes meet the face of a beautiful blue creature. Although I have never seen her before, I instantly love her. And when she nuzzles me I know she loves me back. I look around and see another creature, also blue, but sitting in a pool of water. I love the smiling water dragon also, even though he looks nothing like me.

Syl'Drakk's Journal.

Where do I begin... If there is a word that expresses disorder and mayhem more than - chaotic, then it perfectly fits the situation were in. The Humans are closing in fast, they started work on a village that is so close to the cave there is a Big chance we will be found out, and likely confronted. Worse yet they are building it on the spot where the "Lay Line Node" is located. Indeed I had approached that place before, its a small valley, I felt a bit on edge whenever I was there, as if something was happening that I couldn't control.

Poor Aria, She's so stressed and worried, and even scared, we spend almost every second together because of how she is. I really don't mind, but she needs to calm down. *closes journal*

Syl'Raiya's Journal:

Whatever Drakkoh's planning It had better happen soon. Poor him, He's neck-deep in paperwork and research... Books, Scrolls, pretty much anything that contains information. I'm surprised he hasn't snapped yet. Kaya is being a big help, she handles about half the research. And Reia agreed to bring anything she can find that may be of use. She's rather nocturnal so she can sneak out under the cover of darkness and not be spotted by the nearby newly established village. Just like Drakkoh planned. Things are moving along nicely, hopefully well be out of here before we all go nuts.*closes journal*

Syl'Naya's Journal

Things are pretty out of order at the moment. The humans are closing in, I'm worried, I mean, we have three hatchlings, If they get to them there's no hope for them. Were hoping they mature soon, Feralas and I took over caretaking for Drakkoh since he's buried in work. Its easier than I thought to look after a hatchling. I just wish I had a few of my own to look after... *sigh*, Well, who knows, someday we will. Feralas is enjoying spending time with the little ones too. Especially the Green one. Its almost hyperactive, It never stops running around. Feralas loves chasing it and trying to keep it in place.*closes journal*

Syl'Feralas's Journal

How do we keep getting ourselves into these messes? Well... to be real this is the first mess we've been in... *cough* Yes... Well... At least I have something to keep me occupied and my mind worry-free. The little ones are close to growing their wings and are so cute, The earth one just doesn't stop moving. I do hope its Male. If they are all male it will be one less thing to worry about. TIme are tough, but not for long. I heard Drakkoh made a breakthrough in the Research. As For now. Me nad Naya have Hatchlings to look after.*closes journal*

Syl'Kaya's Journal:

Work... Work... Work... And that's All i ever do, I'm not complaining, but I do hope its over soon, I'm so Busy I can't even write in my journal a lot, well, back to the scrolls...*closes journal*

Syl'Neera's Journal

Another day of Doing Nothing. I have no Hatchies to look after, I cant go out during the day because of those stupid little pink ape things called humans... All i can do is Help Naya and Feralas when needed... other than that... nothing. Next season is soon though and Drakkoh promised all will be well by then.*closes journal*

Syl'Aria's Journal

*weeps* They are coming closer, With the Exploding Branches and Sharp Twigs, I am terrified of them, I lost my Brother because of them. I cant stand it... If it wasn't Drakk I'd have run away and probably be dead by now... He's just so sweet. I'm so glad He's here for me. But I cant stand it... *teardrop falls on parchment*. I just want all this to be over. We Have to move soon.*closes journal*

Syl'Reia's Journal

This is great, I feel so important here, Drakkoh sends me out ll the time every evening when I wake up to bring him tings like Blank Parchment, Ink, Writing Quills, Pencils, Ofcourse that's not all, he sends me out to get samples of Enchanted Rock, From witch I understand, He will construct a Nexus Gate to the Astral Plane. He also sens me out for herbs, Don't know why really, But I try not to disappoint.*closes journal*

Edited by Drakkoh