Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

This is Faeliyana's journal. I found it on the pieces of paper that were once paper dragon wings. It went like this:

I was in my egg, in the pile of eggs, in the cave. I remember a human picking my egg up and dropping it in the pile. At least, I think it was a human. The human said, "I am feeling generous, so I'm abandoning you for another player to get." When another human picked me up, I was scared inside my egg. At least, that's what I remember. I was showed around and warmed up. My egg started cracking. When the egg finally broke, I finally got to see the world. I cried "Mama!" but all I saw was a girl human. And a bunch of dead eggs. As a hatchling, I was showed around. I grew my wings. After being showed around much, I grew up. That was when I saw a group of purple dragons. I flew over there. I was attracted to the paper dragons. One I particularly liked was named Papami. When he was with me, Papami forgot his shyness. But we couldn't breed because:

1. We belong to different humans.

2. Papami is paper.

Still, we liked each other. I still always smile when I see paper, because it might be Papami.

I made it up on the fly, so it won't be good.

Dear Journal,

Yes, it has been a while. Things have happened, but I have not felt the urge to write in some time. It happens now and again.

First thing I should mention is the different types of dragons Emeree has discovered while traveling.

The first recent addition to our clan was the Spring Seasonal Emeree brought home. She is quite pretty and her brilliant pink color reminds Emeree somewhat of her favorite flower. I can see her naming a spring dragon after that flower in the near future.

Emeree's adventures have taken her into some interesting areas, and she has found the dragon eggs to prove it. She stumbled across a treasure trove of dragons she previously did not know about.

The first batch of new eggs we saw came right around the same time as Needle, our Spring. I suppose Needle could be considered as new as they are, but Emeree knew the Spring dragons were likely to appear once the weather warmed up.

Striped Hunter is a magnificent looking dragon. Those of us who stay in the cave do not see him very often because he spends most of his time hunting, and has since he was big enough to learn how.

Sunrise Aflame lives up to his name and his breed. Some of our hatchlings think he is the one who causes the sun to rise every day. I suspect we will have hatchlings down the road who will think he and a resident Sunset dragon control day and night. It is quite funny listening to the stories the hatchlings tell about him. He takes it in stride, too, which is good.

Whiptail Fi is often seen chasing the hatchlings or dueling with one of the Vines. She can keep up with Veir's seemingly countless vines with little trouble, which is scary. I pity the dragon or human who trespasses on our cave with her here. They may not know what hit them.

We have five hatchlings at the moment.

One is a type of pink Emeree found. She has finally found proof debunking the human myth that all pinks are female. She has seen male pinks. On top of that, she found an egg that was a lighter shade of pink.

The second is a purple Dorsal dragon. Emeree mentioned she has seen red Dorsals and hopes to find one eventually, but she's not in a hurry at the moment.

The third is probably the strangest acting dragon we've had in a while. It's a Balloon dragon and it likes to float or bounce everywhere instead of walk, which led Emeree to name it Bounced Helium. It is quite the lazy little thing. The other hatchings don't care much for its attitude, either. Emeree has had to scold the Vampires on several occasions after hearing them wonder aloud whether a Balloon dragon will pop it poked with a sharp object.

The fourth hatchling is a Daydream dragon. A rather mischievous one, too. Emeree named it Daydream Trance after seeing how it put the other hatchlings into a trance. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be able to control them while they're off wandering through whatever daydreams it puts in their minds. The adult dragons haven't been affected by it yet, but I'm sure that time will come.

The fifth hatchling is the first offspring of Striped Hunter and Fiery Ashes. It is a feisty little Red. I think it will be able to match energy with Fi as it grows older, which is rather scary. I think some of the other dragons are fearing that as well, because I have overheard some thinking of ways to calm the Red down.

Anyhow, I want to write more, but I hear Emeree calling. I will go to her and give her an update on the cave, and see if she has brought any more little ones home. Maybe she has a name for the other three hatchlings. More to come.

--Aura Sunrise

Dear Something or Other,

The attack didn't go as well as planned. A group of Skywings and Whiptails intercepted our Black force, depriving us of a needed reinforcements. The Blacks retreated with a few injuries, but are safe. My force didn't fair so well. Kazutaka, Vergil's adopted brother and Second in Command of the Silver Families was injured by a brute of a Split dragon.

There where other injuries as well. Easter Nightingale, one of Zaahir's daughters, has a torn wing membrane and had her left hind leg dislocated. I have just returned from healing her and Kazutaka. The other three Whites are tending to the Blacks that had the injuries.

This morning, Dragonic got word from the other cave she had contacted. They have agreed to make an alliance! From what we understand, they have a Daydream egg that is especially powerful... they will make good allies.

But today also marks the end of our food supply.

Shiro Saki, Leader of the Cave of the Stars

Dear Notes,

The Sunrise gendered male. Tou-san [Fuyu no Hanabi] says it is true. He is the Oracle of Dagda, and will help this war come to an end. I see a dark night ahead, but a blazing dawn afterwards. We will prevail!

Akina Choko, Oracle of Spring

((Edited for mistakes))

Edited by Dragonic_Hatcher

/\You should know, 'cavalry' refers to mounted fighters, not flying dragons.

One from the frilled, Covardia Vigil.

Dear Diary,

The land is in terrible strife. The aftermath of the Lagmonster is causing hundreds of wild dragons to attack the clans. After being nearly slaughtered a few days ago, we had to think of the future of the clan. Cialyna the assassin and I were told to go speak with the other clans to make an alliance. It went badly. They knew our reputation. We're going to be massacred, we're very close to a particular tribe that's particularly vicious.

--Covardia Vigil

Edited by The Gremlin

Dear Something or Other,

I am still frustrated over our loss. Easter and Kazutaka are still recovering, and each of the Metalic Families blame eachother. I had to remind them that this is no time for squabbles!

The Sunrise, Hisoka, grew up along with the Daydream. Along with Kyoko, they work well as a team. They have already repelled minor search parties, who were sent off with their tails between their legs.

We have been forced to move deeper in the cave, though. The first inhabited part of the cave is now the Underground Lake, and our areas starting at the Stalagmite Forest. Beautiful spires of stone surround us, but we're still low on food. At least the Stones and Geodes are eating well... they survive on stone.

We have been forced to survive on the fish from the Lake, and I find it a good thing that we only have two Waters in that entire lake... otherwise they would starve as well.

I need to be off. Tonight is the Full Moon, and the Oracles have asked me to come to their meeting tonight. This is a first, and I wonder if it will be good or bad...

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

Things are getting interesting in the valleys adjacent to the one we thrive in. We have gotten word of wild dragons attacking those kept by humans. Luckily, we have suffered no such problem in our valley, and we frequently encounter our wild brethren while hunting. As a precaution, though, we have taken to flying in groups if we leave the cave. There are several dragons (myself included) who go out of our way to track Emeree's travels, especially if we discover she has ventured into one of the neighboring valleys.

The Dorsal and Balloon hatchlings have matured. The other three are not far behind.

Bounced Helium, the Balloon, has a much better attitude. I suspect the Vampires' little game of ball had a significant amount to do with her attitude change. She is considerably more timid now and offers to help the younger hatchlings reach food in the trees.

Amethyst Dorsal has attracted the attention of several of the female dragons, including both Vampires. He is handsome, but he doesn't seem interested in finding a mate at this time.

Daydream Trance's abilities are getting stronger by the day. Thankfully, Emeree has managed to convince him to take care of when he plants daydreams into the heads of others. I don't know how she managed to do it, because he was mischievous enough to brag about putting her into a trance next time she visited. I don't know if he actually tried, though.

Whisper Charika is also getting quite a bit of attention. Some of it isn't friendly, though. Some of the other male dragons have sneered at the thought of a male Pink. Whisper takes it all in stride, though. He and Daydream are close friends, too, which helps quite a bit, I'm sure.

Hunter Ashes is quite excited about the possibility of a younger sibling. Striped Hunter and Fiery Ashes have welcomed their second offspring to the cave, a red Striped egg. Emeree was ecstatic when she spotted the egg earlier. Of course, her recent visit brought four more eggs to keep the new family member company: two Springs, one Balloon, and one purple Dorsal.

She is staying in the cave longer during her recent visits. I can tell she is worried about the wild dragons after some of the stuff she's seen and heard about in the neighboring valleys. I assured her that we were keeping a close eye on her while she explored, and we wouldn't let her come to harm. She was comforted to hear that, but I can still sense her anxiety. I think everyone will be glad when the unrest ends. In the meantime, we will do our best to stay friendly with the wild dragons in this valley and, hopefully, our peace will remain intact.

--Aura Sunrise

Dear Something or Other,

Things have been quiet. I've been on edge since the Ceremony two nights ago... It was certainly odd. I can't say how, but it's just... weird. There is no doubting that they are links to the Gods. Yuki has been training our Whiptail to be silent, as she cannot be a spy anymore. It is out of season. There are still Caves that have not seen this dreadful war... I hope they won't have to.

Yesterday, the Whiptail and Dorsal gendered male. They got named Mercury's Legacy and The Legendary Dark Knight respectively. The Dorsal is strong, and a few of the Cave's females have been eyeing him. Heheh. Lucky fellow.

Today is Mother's Day. So that means all the males are getting their mates (or potential mates) gifts. This is the Valentine's second most visited day of the year... For a few flowers or a pretty stone, they'll read your fortune with a certain dragon or give you a mate-attracting charm.

The Elder Dragons [shiro, Helio Aurora, Fayted, Reign, Zaahir and Vergil] have decided to get something special... With my magic, I made her a special ring out of platinum the Stones found with a diamond of my creation. Reign made a staff out of the bone of some great animal, set with carvings of flying dragons, and a hidden blade inside. Fayted and Helio Aurora gave her a bracelet of silver, that has a shielding charm on it. Vergil gave her a necklace made from one of his claws, with a small everlasting ice crystal set in it. Zaahir made a robe of pure red, with designs stitched in real white gold of a white rose. We're giving them to her tonight.

Shiro Saki

Dear diary,

Ah, mothers day. A day for honoring those who brought us into the world. A day to respect those who are so often shoved aside. A day to subtly nudge your mate and gesture at the adorable hatchlings running around, and when that doesn't work scream at him that you want eggs, darnit, and you aren't taking no for an answer!

I think that the last male I tried this with is still twitching and foaming at the mouth. It's not like I meant to break him, I just want a clutch to call my own. Even if I don't get to keep them, I want to be one of the ones spoiled next year, not one of the ones doing the spoiling. It's not fair!

Sincerely,

Rang-mei

Dear journal,

Went to visit my parents today. Got lost and ended up in Hawaii. I think I'll take my time before I ask for directions.

-Littlee

Dear Diary,

I have grandkids, I have grandkids, I have grandkids! I'm practically dancing for joy, I've got a grandchild at last!

...wait. That means... I'M OLD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yours truly,

Lynette

Dear Journal,

I know I don't have any children yet, but a wonderful mother's day present would have been a name. When do I get a name? Why am I the only one without one, save for those hatchlings?

Dear whatever,

I grew up today, so I took a flight to trace my ancestry. Really, the Dorkface line is wonderful--I'm starting to understand why the soft fleshy pink thing was so excited to get my egg. And many, if not most, of the ones I'm descended from were female, so I was able to wish them a happy mothers day as well. All in all, it was a nice day. Now I just wish I had children of my own to share it with... but I'm off on a date tonight, so perhaps it will end with that.

Love,

Alcyone Dorkface

Much time has passed since my last writing - the duties of erstwhile clanmother take precedence over those of a scribe. Fortunately, our clan is still so young there is really little to write of - no illustrious conquests, no remarkable discoveries. Nor, thankfully, any cataclysmic catastrophes. Our cave has not been stricken again by sickness or storms. For a while we thought our human mascot to be lost, but even she turned up again in a few months.

Still, even the mere toils of daily living are just as much a part of our history as any great feats would be, so I must endeavor to be less remiss in my recordings from now on. I've considering naming an apprentice scribe, though the others insist that I've the best way with words... perhaps Trevor? Ah, but enough musing. I suppose I should write of matters of some consequence.

Many new dragons have joined our clan since last I wrote, and all have settled well into our duties. I, somehow, still hold the position of clanmother and scribe. I suppose I have handled the responsibility well enough, as thus far I have received no complaints, nor challenges to my position.

Aria has become the clan's main huntress, even gathering plants for those of us who do not sustain ourselves with meat. She does a fine job, though I sometimes wonder if so much time spent away from the cave has caused her to become so aloof.

And Mintaka turned out to be a seer! She remains as soft-spoken and retiring as ever - indeed, newcomers to the clan often fail to make her acquaintance for days or even weeks. In lieu of socializing, however, she has spent her time reading ancient texts and studying the skies. As such, she now serves as the clan as something of a soothsayer - knowing the paths walked by the stars, predicting the turn of the seasons.

The guardian dragon who had not yet even hatched at the time of my last entry has matured into an excellent guardian indeed - a female now named Elbereth Lebedast. Patient and steadfast, when not patrolling the lands around our cave to ensure no harm comes to the clan, she often assists me in tending to the young.

Currently, our clan has more two-headed dragons than any other species: two mature females and a little one, newly hatched. The two adults are great friends, alike enough to be sisters - though with no known lineages to speak of, perhaps they are without even knowing! One is called Flansy and Linnell, while the other goes by Sajak and Trebek. The hatchlings love them both. Flansy and Linnell received her human name for her love of music. Combining this with her quick wit and knack for amusing others, she's become the clan's bard and jester. Sajak and Trebek, meanwhile, has a fondness for knowledge, sharing it with others via riddles and prizes. She does, however, have a reckless streak that can be a bit of a bad influence at times.

The first male to join our clan turned out to be a magi dragon called Magical Trevor Rincewind, though others have their own, less complimentary, names for him. The poor dear tries so hard to live up to the magical potential in his blood, but his spells often blow up in his face, more likely than not. Despite his odd and sometimes undesirable behaviors, he does admit his own shortcomings - he terms his own tendency toward cowardice a "fright-or-flight" instinct. Aria in particular is not terribly fond of him, despite his efforts in helping her in the hunt (nor is she fond of Sajak and Trebek, who do the same), but I think his heart's in the right place.

Our other two adult males assist Elbereth in securing the cave, and also share her tendency to spend time off with the hatchlings! Vic Sage is a green dragon - he's rather mysterious and eccentric, and most of us aren't quite sure what to make of him. Still, he's fiercely protective of the clan, sometimes to a fault. Were it not for the influence of the rest of us, particularly the hatchlings, I sometimes think he'd spend every waking minute prowling our lands in case of trouble.

The other male is named Burya Skorbi, a grey dragon. While he normally has a kind heart and a calm demeanor, there are times when he becomes quite melancholy, becoming almost as distant as Mintaka. It is on those days, when he glides away silently, seeking a stormcloud to hide away in, that I worry most for him...

Currently, our clan is rearing four new hatchlings - the aforementioned two-headed child, a frilled one, a finned one, and the little one who likes to sit in the sun. There are also a few eggs that should hatch in a few days - among them one of my own, fathered by Skorbi, the first egg to be laid within the clan. May many more clan members follow, from within our own cave and without!

Clanmother Michaela Krylova, Gruefrotzer clan scribe

Dear Something or Other,

Today we sent the new Whiptail to our Cave entrance to see if there was any news... and found nothing. There was no one. He came back as fast as he could, and I went out there myself. It seems our allied cave was successful in it's assault. The Wild Army is scattered, and now is the time for our strike.

Hisoka and Kyoko shall lead the assault, with Fuji backing them up. I am trusting those three with my family. I shall stay behind with the other whites, and take care of the wounded.

I hope our allies don't believe us dead. It was needed, though. I am sending Mercury out again with a message, as soon as he has recovered. If our strike is successful, the Wild Army will be reeling. Maybe we'll send THEM into hiding...

The Dawn and Dusk Oracles are leaving now. Dragonic is going with them. Wish us luck.

Shiro Saki,

Leader of the Cave of the Stars

Parchment,

I am writing in the darkness of our cave. I do not like this cave at all. No, not because there's some other dragons in it. I do not like it because it is dark, dusky smelling, damp, and cold. Everyone huddles together at night to keep everyone else warm. That is excluding that nasty Daydream dragon, Falling Deathly Dreams. She does not seem to like anyone in the cave. Our master, Soma, has named everyone here except for the new chick and silver hatchling. Master says that I am special because I am the first male in the cave that she raised herself. Because of that I have a special name. I do believe Dramithi, the huge Earth dragon, also has a special name as well. And her surname is difficult to say so everyone just calls her by her first name which is Dramithi. Her full name is Dramithi Shakti Jarogniew. I've been told that her title for being the first female dragon in the cave is Shakti. I have yet to have Master Soma to bring me some books so that I can look up its meaning.

Surblaskas Shun and Jarod Slipnet Shaw are quite annoying trouble makers. Dramithi has a hard time caring for my hatch-mates while they are awake. I am curious as to why the whiptail and dorsal have so much fun causing trouble like that. Or why they enjoy torturing that new chick. Maybe it is caused by the sweet smell of chicken blood that causes their behavior. I must go now, as it is time to eat.

With High Regards,

Somatomay Sayyid Sendoa

Dear Something or Other,

It's truely amazing what those two can do. The attacking force returned last night, successful. It seemed that the Wild Army was gathering around our allied cave, which made it all the easier to strike. From what Vergil told me, Kyoko and Hisoka were a stunning sight to see.

Out of 121 dragons in our family, I sent 100 of them. Around 25 came back with injuries of some kind, and my medic team is working hard, but we have victory in sight now. They have to fight on two fronts, now. The Wild Army seems to be low on food, though. We could work this in our favor. Lure out smaller forces with food, then kill them. We are going to deploy that today... Using the remains from yesterday's battle. Odd how irony works, eh? It will be the flesh of their comraids that lead them to their doom.

Our allies brought us food yesterday... I didn't want to resort to eating crow food, but it is nessisary. The only ones who refuse to eat is the Oracles. I don't blame them, but they need food... Fuyu no Hanabi, who is now fully recovered, told me that they had their own way of surviving without food. Hmm, I wonder about that...

Lastly, we rescued an emergency Purple Dorsal from the cave yesterday. The little tyke is now hatched and full of energy. The two Silvers hatched, and one of Zaahir's family produced another Gold egg, to accompany the Red Dorsal we have now. Five hatchlings at once is trying, but the Frozen Hatchlings are doing a good job of keeping them occupied.

Shiro Saki,

Dear Journal,

I haven't been writing much lately. Sorry about that! I have been busy with other matters.

Frostbite Chills doesn't love me anymore! He refuses to breed most of the time. But the other winther dragon, whom I now call "Winter's Last Traitor" has bred with him. They even have a hatchling in some other cave! He is the father of my three children, and he disrespects me like this? Our last child is special though, it is a spring dragon.

I respect Frillyi, she has chosen abstinence. I bet she wont be heart broken. I am just happy for Neon, she found a loving dragon mate who won't abandon her, even if most of their eggs die. On the subject of eggs, I'm tired of Rosie- Bloom always abandoning every dragon's eggs. She says they have a better chance of living if they are in other caves. I guess she is right, though is it good to be separated from your parents?

~ Winter Whitney ~

Dear Diary,

Hatched today. I finally got to see my cave; the walls are covered with the writing of my ancestors, deeply carved in by their talons. I looked at my talons. Were they even claws yet? I could only see the stub of what looked like tiny thorns. They only came about two millimeters out of my paws. The other hatchies have longer ones. Maybe us mints are just too small.

There's one hatchling also here. He's a male gold. His coat of thick golden scales shine like glory. I caught his eyes. A light, soft gentile red. Suddenly another gold female bounded up playfully, tackled him down, then ran off with him. I think that they're brother and sister. And I hope I'm right.

My mother caught us (as in the hatchies) some yummy meat. I was pushed far away, and, being the smallest, only ended up with a bight. I'm really hungry and tired, so I think I'll go to bed now.

Love,

Nameless

Edited by Golden_darkness

Dear journal:

Nemesis and Zilberne mated again yesterday, and produced another silver egg. I had hoped that Nemesis would calm down a little, but he remains as difficult as ever to deal with.

Even though it is currently fairly peaceful around here, I feel as though something dreadful is about to happen. This persistant uneasiness has been dogging me for several days now, and, as yet, I do not know the cause of it. None of the others seem to have any idea that anything might be amiss, although saying that, I have noticed that Black Winter Queen keeps sniffing the air as if something is bothering her.

I do hope that this feeling will prove to be nothing. I'd hate to think that the peace we've worked so hard to build will be shattered.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Dear Something or Other,

My family is healed. The new dragons, the ones just discovered, are strong and agile. I am putting the Whiptail and the new Dorsals under the command of Reign Crystal and Dark Drake, while Helio Aurora is taking command of the Magi, the Blacks, and any dragon that is strong in Magicks.

The Guardians and the Stones are guarding home base, along with those still healing and the Frozen Hatchlings.. Tonight we make another attack, this one stronger than the last. We have moral, at last. We know this war can end in our favor. And the sooner we do, the sooner we can return out valleys to normal, and work on reconstruction.

I am eager to see the leader of this army, if only to rip out his throat with my own fangs. What selfish creature would cause all this misery for his own good? I am sending a message to the other cave detailing our attack.

Shiro Saki,

Parchment,

I have long since grown up since my last entry. I have noticed during my time several dragons fighting. Who are they? Perhaps I will someday find out. If they are a threat to our ever-growing cave, then I'll have to be able to take them down before they can hurt anyone in the cave. It is my duty as the top male to protect everyone here. After all, as I discovered, that is why I have a middle name and no one else does.

Cave life is greatly improving. Resorces seem to be lacking, but I recently assume that the lack of supplies is due to those dragons I saw fighting down by the forest edge. The cave is no longer dark and damp as it was when I was growing up. It's become very bright and our silver dragon, who is called Silver, is cleaning up that filth everyday and tossing it outside the cave, into a pit we discovered when she first arrived as an egg. Occasionally, Jarod Slipnet will help her with her chores. I believe he has taken a liking to her as of recent.

Hatchlings and eggs alike have been entering the cave, being brought by Master Soma when we can handle them. Recently, she brought an odd ball of paper into the cave. I didn't believe it was a dragon until it moved yesterday and looked around. We are currently busy dragons, cleaning, gathering, careing for the hatchlings, warming the eggs, and making the cave a more confortable place. It is coming along greatly, but I am afraid we'll be overloaded by Master Soma who is always bringing dragon eggs into the cave. I believe she's been having a hard time in her life as of recent... I don't know what she does in her life but she visited once and she brought a young man, around her age, and they spoke for a while in the warm corner of the cave. Somehow, he seemed to get to her emotional side... But enough talk of my Master.

One of our eggs, a Split egg I believe is what it's called, is about ready to hatch. I hope to the ends of the world that First, or even Shale, will mature before it hatches. Four hatchlings are hard enough to deal with, but imagining five? No thank you, I'd rather have four!

Papercut is very good at recording stuff. I believe he will become our... um... Record-keeper? I don't know exactly what they are called, but that's what he's going to be, I believe. The unnamed hatchling, a bright golden scaled hatchling, seems to enjoy nibbling on Papercut's wings. Little Silver is always busy, trying to clean and keep them straight. I think I'll request Master Soma to bring us a Purple egg next time she visits. Poor Silver will die of overworking if she continues without some help!

Mmmm.... Chira's nearby... I can't believe Master actually brought a chicken egg to the cave to live with us!

I must be going, as Silver has asked me to go and get her some supplies.

With High Regards,

Somatomay Sayyid Sendoa

One of the rocks with the shinies got bigger. Kitsuru ran around it gibbering and waving her arms for almost an hour. I thought she might have been on fire, but I couldn't smell anything burning. I guess it was too much to hope.

The other one has gotten those shiny parts as well, although it's still small. Maybe it's some kind of mold?

Also, there's an irritating, round, pink thing bouncing around the cave. If it doesn't stop, I'll pop it and laugh as its guts rain down. I might even if it does. Annoying little pest, it's worse than my so-called nestmates were. And there are supposedly more of the lizards about the hatch. Why can't the fleshy food-giver go back to rock collecting?

Wait. There's noise at the caves. Don't those idiots know that this is my sunning time?! There had better be a good--oh, fewmets. She brought in another one.

Contemplating murder,

Illuminated

Okay, does anyone know a good dragon therapist? Because Illuminated... didn't use ink to write this. Again.

Anyways, onto the more cheerful entries!

Dearest darlingest paperyest paper,

Thisissogreatisn'tthisgreatI'mfinallyoutofthatstuffyeggandnowIcanbouncehigherandhigherandhigherandlookathowhighIcangoandbouncybouncybouncyWHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-The Balloon Hatchling

PS: The ceiling is hard. Very hard.

Dear journal,

Well, I'm a mother now. The Geode, Gracilis, impressed me much more than I had expected. He's quiet, but really rather elegant and thoughtful. Plus, his crystals are so vivid and bright... but I'm getting off-track, aren't I?

Anyways, as I said before, I'm a new mother. My child--there was only one this time, but hopefully there will be more in the future--will apparently take after myself in terms of species, and indeed there is already a strong aura of magic gathering around the egg. It will not be with us forever, Kitsuru has told me, but at the least I will be able to care for it until it hatches.

-Alcyone Dorkface

Dear something or Other,

Another successful assault passed yesterday, but the events afterward have cast a shadow over our otherwise joyous group. Our group of Sun Dragons, led by our new Oracles, have been training hard, and can now take out hundreds of dragons per battle. The Nightingale Family has become a Guard of sorts for our Oracles, protecting them from the weakening Wild Army.

Food has become of little concern now with all the casualties on their side. But anyway, back to my earlier point. As we were retreating after our victory, I sensed a massive wave of beings approaching. Dragonic, who was on my back, turned to look... Thousands of Wild Dragons, all heading for us.

Word from the other Cave said they are attacking the new forces today. I am sending us out to assist, especially the Sun Core and the Season Oracles. Vergil and the Silvers are rarin' to go, and I am letting them go as well.

Shiro Saki,

Dear journal:

It has been some time since I wrote my last entry. That feeling of uneasiness is still dogging me. I'm no nearer to working out what is causing it, however. I spoke to Black Winter Queen today. She wasn't much help, however, since the only advice she could give was for me to keep alert and watch for any thing that seemed out of the ordinary.

We have four new eggs at the moment. A pink, like myself, Petals and Kebri, a sun, and two blacks. And three hatchlings. So it is a little noisey in the cave at the moment.

We're beginning to run out of space. As it is, the cave is rather cramped, and I dread to think what will happen when the eggs hatch. Might have to ask the Earth and Stone dragons if they can enlarge it. Otherwise we might have to think about moving to a larger cave.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Diary:

If that Whiptail doesn't stop sniffing around my egg, there will be a price to pay.

Nemesis of Dawn.

Parchment,

Master Soma has been quite upset these past few days. I hear her complain about some kind of download stopping... but I have no idea what she means by that.

We have been working very hard for the past week or so. We are almost overloaded with hatchlings! And there's still an egg that hasn't hatched! Thankfully, one of those hatchlings is the Purple dragon I requested Master Soma to bring us. Maybe Silver won't be overloaded once it grows up. There is another hatchling in the cave much like myself. I hope it doesn't challenge my posistion as captain of the cave. It seems to very entergetic although.

The silver hatchling has been dubbed a 'Dorkface' hatchling by Master Soma. I don't know why but she said it has something to do with its lineage. Just like she dubbed the new white hatchling a 'Auror' lineage. What's the deal with this lineage stuff she's talking about? Ah well, I don't think I want to know as it sounds very confusing.

Mr. No-Gender Strippy has been around. Master Soma says that Strippy had better hurry up and gender or she'll give it a lame name -- of course, that includes the family name she decided for the Striped Breed. I don't really remember it, but I figured out that that's why I have such a long name. Sendoa is the family name Master Soma gave us gray dragons.

Ah, I'm afraid I'll have to go. It is nearing dinner time for the young ones and I've been given duty of getting meat for the cave today.

With High Regards,

Somatomay Sayyid Sendoa

Dear Journal,

I guess I should introduce myself before writing down everything else. I am Quessenim, one of several whites in the Varnalond clan. Unlike my fellow whites, I specialize in mind-healing. I find that branch fascinating; it's amazing all that the mind does. Thanks to a magical accident when we were younger, my mind is tied completely to magi Giakul. With dragons, we communicate telepathically but our thoughts and minds are our own. However, after that accident, I can hear and feel Giakul in my mind at all times. I know what he's thinking (he's wondering why I am writing things down), feeling, nothing in his mind is hidden from me. It's the same thing with him. It's more than a little unnerving at times but it has served us well. When he and others went outside of communications range and were ambushed, I knew it and put together a rescue party. Thankfully none of ours was killed.

Our clan is average-sized, numbering around one hundred and eighty, though our growth is anything but average. Our clan is only two hundred summers old and we already rival those twice or three times our age. It made for some controversy (Giakul says that is the understatement of the millenium) when we had to reveal our numbers to the world. Basically, we spent twenty winters moving from cave to cave, sometimes in groups of only five or six, running from the larger clans who wanted to 'put us in our places.'  It was a scary time but thankfully the Great Clan, the clan from which the draconic race descended, finally called a halt to the hunt. Eer since then, we've in a rather large volcano. It rumbles every once in a while but Uregon and Goninya assure us it won't blow in the next several hundred years.

These days, things are quiet, though if Marsgia-the eldest female magi- is right, those days are drawing to a close. The skywings and frills, our scouts, report a distinct unrest to the north. Perhaps the humans are moving in? Whatever the case may be, many whites are now stock piling on healing herbs and the golds search ever more diligently for gemstones and crystals that enhance various magics. We try to keep the tension low for the sakes of the hatchlings but as they are nearing maturation and the two eggs aren't due to hatch for a while, this plan isn't working too well. Now I must go and supervise-yes, I said supervise Giakul, Giakul's latest project. Hopefully we'll avoid the explosions and mind-connections this time.

--Quessenim, eighth white of Varnalond Clan

Dear Journal,

Risey here. Hakube is better, after getting wounded and getting over the death of Whipflash. Though I still worry for him...

Anyway, we now have 5 hatchlings running about. They--

--SPIT THAT OUT!!!

Sorry, pink hatchling trying to chew on my other journal archive entries. Anyways, the Daydream hatchling is Heartfoot, and the magis are Mango Ice and Blazerine. I like the name 'Blazerine', and I like the name 'Mango Ice.' Makes me want to go and pester Styrana to hold a citrus snowcone event on Sunday... mmmm...

Anywho, the two pinks are unnamed. Sty is waiting for them to gender. She wants a male pink badly-- how absurd its that?!

Mmmm, also, Renkun thinks he's getting to be bit old. Somebeasts think he'll retire soon and let one of his sons or daughters take over as Cave Administrator Dragon, the name shortened to simply 'Caveleader'.

From,

Rising Cold

Edited by Styrana

Dear Something or Other

The War is finally over. The Wild Dragons have been defeated, and have retreated to the Wilderness once more. I never figured out who they were being controlled by, but I doubt that's the last we've heard of them.

All of our efforts have been focused on healing the land. That is why I have not been writing. A mass grave has been built for all the dead Dragons, and a temple was built over it by the Stones and Geodes. It is quite beautiful, actually...

As the Nightingale Family continues to grow, Zaahir has announced that he has started training the entire family, including Hatchlings, to guard our Oracles. They have become Zealots, I think. At least they are not like those Monks that occasionally visit us...

The Magi and Vines have been planting seeds and trees, and using their magic to make them grow quickly. Instead of hunting, we have been bringing animals to the forest to repopulate it. Some have even returned of their own free will...

Ankaa has given one of her Gold children to another Allied Cave that was recently started. It wll be their first Gold, and the Scrollkeeper decided to keep the Nightingale name running. Also, another Scrollkeeper took interest in Vergil's Family name, and he gave them one of his Silver Children. It was discovered that someone used the name on a Spring Child of his, and named it after his mother.

Shiro Saki

Hi there! This is Magical Trevor Rincewind, and it looks like I get to be the new scribe! The Clanmother's been real busy, what with all the new dragons we're getting in our clan now, so she asked me personally if I could start writing about the clan, even though she knows I'm so busy being the clan magician and all. But I won't let her down!

So let's see, what's there to write about? Um... lots of new dragons, like I said... oh, the Clanmother and that one grey dragon guy had a daughter, Zoya, and it looks like she's gonna be the clan's healer! Pretty spiffy, huh? And, uh, a lot of other dragons. I don't have to write about all of them, do I? Wow, being a scribe is going to be tougher than I thought. But I'll make everyone proud of me and dazzle 'em with my literary skills, yep.

So now we've got a sunset and a purple dorsal and a pink and a geode and some blacks and a whiptail and a blue and a daydream and some springs and a stripe and a frill. And even a silver dragon, and Mintaka says that's a good omen. Her name's Celephim Tinungael, and she likes to hang out with me and Brill. Uh, Brillig Borogoves is the frill dragon. The other dragons don't like him so much cause he's kind of a troublemaker, but he's always really nice to me and tries to help me with my magic. Because I kind of do need help with my magic.

Aria calls me an incompetent menace, but Aria's not very nice to much of anyone, except for the Clanmother and maybe some of the dragons who try to help her hunt. Some of them. I've heard her say Flansy and Linnell has half a brain between two heads, even though she's really smart and funny and not that bad at hunting. I guess Aria likes Celephim, Ameth Viol (she's a dorsal), and Calla Diantha (she's pink) okay, but Calla's really the only one who can stand to go hunting with her all that often. She doesn't really eat very much meat, but she says she has to contribute to the clan somehow. Ameth helps out a lot cause Calla's her best friend, but she goes help Elbereth guard the clan grounds when she's sick of Aria. Celephim says the best way to deal with Aria is to keep your head down and your mouth shut. But she's one of the founders of the clan, so we have to respect her and all that junk.

Bituin ng Ilog is this really cool water dragon who likes to give everyone fish that she's caught in the lake, right? Well Aria says fish isn't real meat and stuff like that. I think she's just jealous of someone else being so helpful. Bituin even gathers seaweed for the dragons that don't eat meat, like the Clanmother. It's kind of cool how Bituin gets around, since she can't leave the water. She hangs out in the lake and rivers a lot, but it turns out our cave has these cool subterranean springs and tunnels, so she usually hangs out in the cave with the rest of us.

Oh, and there's also this daydream dragon called Ulap ng Panaginip. Aria says he's lazy, but the hatchlings really like him because he's good at telling stories. (I've tried to do magic for the hatchlings, but they just make fun of me.) He'd probably be a pretty good scribe too, but I bet he wouldn't know how to put a spell on the parchment to take dictation and know how to spell right. Anyway, the Clanmother asked me, right?

Um, who else have I met, cause there's so many new dragons I haven't really gotten to get to know them all yet... I guess I'll have to go interview some of them so I know what to write about them! I'd really like to talk to Celestine Chalcedony, she's covered in all these pretty blue crystals and seems really nice, but... I just haven't gotten up the nerve to talk to her yet.

That's what I'll do, I'll talk to everyone so I can write about them too. Hopefully I'll still have time to practice my magic... not that I can't handle the responsibility or anything! I'll be the best scribe ever, just you wait and see!

- Trev

Edited by gruefrotzer