Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

I found this by my hatchie, Dew on Branches, or just Dew for short. smile.gif

Dear Journal,

What a fantastic day! Pinksunlight, my guardian, and I found new eggs outside our little cave! One is a Spring, one is a Daydream, and the last one is a Balloon! I'm quite fond for the Spring; as I am a Spring Dragon! I can't wait for them to hatch if they do.

On another note;

Sun Light [Pinksunlight, but I call her Sun Light] and I are in desperate need of food! The prey around our cave is little, and what there is running around are skimpy little mice. I'm thinking of going vegiterian.

Best wishes,

Dew.

Edited by hildig

Diary:

I seem to have mated with the most fickle of the females in our clan. From what I've been told, she didn't really like any of her previous mates. Or at least, she didn't like them enough to mate with them more than two or three times. I aim to change this, however. Other males shall not have her. She is mine, and she will stay mine.

I shall have to keep a close eye on her, just to make sure that she doesn't start flirting with them. It might interupt my nap time, but I will not have her mating with another male once our egg has hatched.

Nemesis of Dawn

Dear journal:

I don't like this. I don't like this at all. Nemesis is the same age as Petals and I, yet now that he's found a mate, he's...changed. He's always watching her, and there's something about the look in his eyes that scares me. He's become almost obsessive about her.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Journal:

That new Sunset scares everyone, even me. And I'm a Vampire.

Oighreachd

Edited by Ghost Cat

This was lying by my Hatchie new I grabbed from the Abandoned Eggs pile. He was sleeping when I found it, so I hope He/She doesn’t notice a page [or two] is ripped out…

Dear Journal,

I am Controller of the Shadows, but everyone calls me shadow. It’s been hard for me lately. My other dragon family abandoned me, and some nice person brought me home. But that’s the worst part! She has dozens and dozens of eggs in our small, tight, little cave! Even though it’s only four, I hear them tap, tap, tapping all day and night! and for the worst part, she froze me! I’ll watch all of these stupid eggs grow up, and I will still be a hatchling!

Bye,

Shadow.

And then I saw this one flipping through his/her journal.

Dear Journal,

Oh, joy! Oh joyous joy! My owner found a new hatchling, like me, and FROZE it! Gosh, am I happy! She is a girl, and a beautiful Daydream! We share a little knick in the back of the cave, and we’re working on a little tunnel that splits to two little caves; a cave inside a cave! And we won’t grow to big ‘cause were FROZEN! Her name, by the way, is Beautiful Dreamer, after the song my owner loves. I’m a bit scared, though, ‘cause she says the next two boys and girls will be adults, and she’ll then LEAVE us. The adult dragons will take care of us. Well, Dreamer (I asked to call her that, and she said yes!) is coming to work on the tunnels, so, I gotta go!

Bye,

Shadow.

Dear Journal,

Will she never stop? Today she brought home another hatchling! It’s a red girl, and I hope she doesn’t freeze it.

Bye,

Shadow

Edited by Poplezzis

I am a dragon whisperer, and they've dictated this for me to type up:

My silver egg:

May 1, 2009

I don't know where I am. I can remember being dropped in a pile with other eggs, and a hearing a stampede heading towards... me? I remember being picked up and taken to a new home. I felt the warm bodies of other dragons, and heard their voices. I don't know who they are. I don't know where I am. But something tells me I'm safe

Athena Nightsky of the Eclipse:

May 1, 2009

A new egg arrived today from the many abandoned eggs. It gives off a beautiful glow, like the moon. I can sense something special about this egg, and so can my mate, Shadow. I know this dragon will make the Eclipse Clan proud.

Shadow Nightsky of the Eclipse:

May 1, 2009

I am so glad that we got that egg in time. I know that this egg will be cared for by the best egg-sitter I know, Athena. This egg won't die under my watch.

I am in no control whatsoever of what my dragons write.

May 3rd, 2009

Racism. Pure racism. The next thread that comes up in regards to clearing us 'unwanted' dragons, those so kind, so willing, so angellic participants regarding getting us out of our eggs and and abandoning us as hatchies, well then. Let your mums be pregnant and toss you off to the garbage dump the moment you're born, eh? If you want to 'help' so much, start by not calling us unwanted. It hurts. I'm glad to be green. Better than being molly coddled from birth by adoring fans, who never know the harsh realities of life. Regarding infancide. Regarding encouraging our infancide. Go on, go on. If someone smashes your precious geode, it's a capital offense right? And if they did the same to me, it's a 'newbie mistake'? It's sometimes even 'doing a favour'? I can't wait till Human Cave comes out. I can't wait.

And yeah, it's called differentiating by the colour of your skin. Ain't I right? If I painted myself gold and hopped on the AP, everyone will love me right? Right? Right?

Yeah right.

~Pebble egg. One of the many.

Edited by Halo

Dear Notes,

Nishi Kyoko is now an adult, and we were right. She is the Dark One's Oracle. But without the practice, and without the Light One's Oracle to balance out her powers, we fear she might do more harm than good. When we first saw her as an adult, Father saw a dark shadow behind her, but not her own. We tried talking to her about training, but she no longer trusts us.

In addition, the famine has gotten worse. It takes half a day's flight to get any meat, and most of the forrest is being stripped of it's greenery. A small clan of wild dragons attacked us today. There was no worse injury than a nasty slice... But they suffered three deaths. A whiptail, a storm, and a silver hatchling... We gave them a propper burial.

Let us hope we don't get attacked by a bigger force.

Akina Choko

*pops her ego before it can get any larger and start plotting world domination*

Too late...I've been plotting for a while. *evil grin*

(I'm a geek for saying this, but I'm really itching to RP this little plot.)

Dear Something or Other...

I am ashamed. Last night, we were attacked by a massive wave of Wild Dragons, numbering around fifty. Most of the ranks were made of Blacks, Fires, and Pebbles... The tactics used are getting more advanced. While most of our fighting force was in front of our mountain, defending from the onslaught of Reds and Blacks, a group of Pebbles managed to dig their way into the Cave System, near the underground valley and lake.

Thankfully our Vines and Waters held them off until Zaahir and his family went to help. Most of our casualties are Winters, but thankfully no deaths... I guess the Reds were too much for them to handle out of season. Fuyu no Hanabi got really hurt, and is now being tended to by Shiro Mage. Tsukiko of Shiva is attending the smaller injuries of other dragons...

Nishi Kyoko, the newely discovered Oracle of Morganna, proved her worth. With some spells that even Helio Aurora and Terra Jade Arlenn didn't know, she took out about ten different dragons. I was watching her, and I swore I saw the shadow of something behind her. It was odd.

I wish there was some way out of this. I've spoken with Reign and Quartz about hunting areas... They say prey is almost nonexsistant. I am forced to consider two options. Move my clan, or an alliance with a stronger clan.

Heavens help us.

Shiro Saki

Found More:

Dear Journal,

The last few days have been awful! First, the four eggs have hatched, and Dreamer, the new red, Fire of your Soul [who we call Fire. She was frozen, also.], and I are expected to BABYSIT them! Moreover, they nip, HARD! Little leeches. AND, my owner got MORE EGGS. So, all I am listening to is the tap tap tap of the new eggs, and the whining of the new borns. If they're more frozen hatchies coming, were going to dig further. My claws are dull, and feet are raw from the jagged rock. I did find one thing though: I was digging a tunnel from my small cave, and while I was digging, I found a premade small cave! On the walls are the most beautiful of stones, ruby, amethyst, jade, sapphire, and quartz. For now, this'll be MY secret.

Bye,

Shadow.

Dear journal:

Nemesis' temper is getting worse. The only one who can even get through to him now is Zilberne. I understand that he's nervous about their egg, but if he keeps on behaving like this, he's going to alienate everybody.

Petals and I have been busy looking after the eggs, and the one little storm hatchling we rescued. I do wish that my egg hadn't been taken away, but right now, I'm happy just looking after the eggs of the others.

~~Dancing Arya~~

I have heard of a cave taking in dragons from caves that have been taken over. What kind souls... It is now a full day's flight before we find any food. There are stories of dragons resorting to cannibalism. It seems we might have to do the same... I do not want that to happen, but if it's food...

Our Daydream egg hatched. It is a sweet little thing, oblivious to the hardships of this war. With all the casualties, the remaining Oracles have resorted to burying them in a mass grave. It is unlikely they have any families to mourn them, anyway...

Dragonic has decided to try to make an alliance with another cave. Hopefully, they accept. We are planning an offensive attack once we have more help... If we strike swiftly, we can end this war.

Shiro Saki

Dear diary,

It is manic here. We've had three Spring hatchlings, three Frill hatchlings and a Stone hatchling grow up recently, they've been manically running around, playfighting and what not. We've had two of those new species eggs come into the cave. Draco's been fawning over them, willing them to hatch, she didn't even seem to notice the fact that she named the newest Frill hatchling Halek, we already have a Halek in the clan. I can tell you now, the sooner the rush for these new eggs dies down the better. Maybe we can finally have our clan leader back the way she was.

Hayden Thistletalon.

((It's true, I named the Frill hatchling Halek and I've got a Winter named Halek.))

Dear Notes,

While looking after the little Daydream hatchling, I saw something. A flicker of an aura, one I didn't recognize. Not the aura of an oracle, but... Certainly something. Father [Fuyu no Hanabi] said the little tyke might be important... I don't know, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

The other Sun egg hatched today. Into a little Sunrise dragon, with an aura similar to Kyoko. I think that may be our Oracle of the Dawn! I'm going to have a talk with Kyoko-san... I want to see if it's true. Also, it's about time we make up for before.

Akina Choko

Dear Journal,

Dragonic has yet to get a reply from the other Scrollkeeper. I hope it will be good news.

It has come to a boiling point. I have sent my children and grandchildren to do a perimiter check, and the reports I'm getting are not good. It seems the Wild Dragons are reorganizing themselves. But, there is good news... While on a hunting trip, Reign went deep into the mountain range that houses the Dragon Clans. He found a herd of goats, which he brought back. At least now we won't starve for a bit longer...

Akina says there is a good omen on the horizon. Will it be the end to this pointless war? I hope so, for the good of all Dragon Kind...

Black Inferno Temptest

Today was quiet. Word was that a large gang of Wild Dragons attacked a fellow cave, although the defending team was successful. I hate to say it, but I am kind of relieved. We now have time to recover. I am hesitant to call them a 'gang' anymore... They act more like an army, now.

The Daydream and Sunrise hatchlings are the best of friends, it seems. Already, we have used the little Daydream's power to keep the sheep that Reign brought back under control. We have food for two more days.

Today we felt a huge tremor through the cave. There was a small panic, but there was nothing happening... Thankfully. I am torn between going out to attack now, or wait until the Sunrise and Daydream are adults. If they are as helpful as Kyoko was, then the battle will be ours.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

I have just found out the wonders of having a journal. I am capable of so much stuff! Though I am very Angy about my name, Tendrinia! People always pronounce it a girly way im a guy for god sakes! It is also pronounced Ten-drin-I! the a at the end is silent and because of that i get bugged! Though i know my owner poison is looking for a mate for me since i was the first dragon. I do have a specific type I like.

See when i was a hatchling i was abandoned and when i was abandoned I met a young girl hatchling that was on a cloud! I Immediately fell in love but my heart aches for her every night. I wonder if I will ever see her again! I have to go now though!

I promised my owner I would help take care of the hatchlings.

-Tendrinia

Just starting a journal for my Gold Hatchling. ^.^ Enjoy?

Dear Parchy Thingy,

I finally feel like writing on this thing Li calls a "parchment." That silly old paper dragon is way too uptight for its own good, I swear. I kinda wonder why I wasn't feeling good for the past few days... Light, as I've decided to call the pretty White dragon, says that I was born sick but I'm not sure about that. Maybe I should write what it's like in this cave place... Yeah, I'll write about this cave place.

It's pretty umm... what's the word... I don't know how to spell it but this place is pretty interestting interesting. There's this big boulder blocking part of the enterance though and it really freaks me out that that two-headed gal dragon... I think her name is Xao... anyway, she always talking to that boulder! It's really freaky! There's one other dragon in the cave like me... I think his name is something like Sparkling in the Sunset or Shimmering... it's something like that. He just sits outside the cave looking at himself. It's kinda weird I guess... but that squishy pink thing that comes here says that if I'm a girl he'll be my something-mate. I didn't quite understand everything that weird thing with fluffy black stuff on it's head said.

And those freaky dragons that float around on pink clouds spend all day sitting together! It's freaky because I can't see them clearly sometimes! They're almost like those dragons who fly around outside all the time. Oh, and those spiky vines that sit just to the right of the cave enterance... They're really mean! I was really hungry earlier today so I thought that I might taste a flower that was budding on the vines and it bit me! I didn't know that plants could bite and bite really REALLY hard! And for it biting me that freezing dragon -- MiMundo I think is what it was -- scolded me! I couldn't help that I was hungry and no one would feed me. Light was kind enough to make the bite feel better and she fed me!

I really like playing with the other little dragons like me. Striped Pride is really white! He's like the ultimate blinding thing! I wonder what he is... Oh and there's this really freaky two-headed guy hatchling in here too! I think his name is something like GBleek the Bippolar Boy or something like that... He is really freaky! He'll tell me to play with him and then he goes around and tells me to leave him alone! I don't understand it's like he likes to see me confused! It's really weird. There's also a little hatchling who sits in the nursey all day. Light seems to be caring more for that green dude more then us... I wonder what's wrong with that one. ACK! I'm being scolded by Mindo Grundo for not being clean enough for dinner! I'd better go clean up because I'm still really hungry.

~ Shiny Gold Hatchie Thingy

Dear Journal,

Oh how I wish Greiga would cease his endless yelling and ranting. It's driving me mad. He's always braggin about one thing or another and calling me a wuss. Of all idiots to share a body with. Oh no, he's awake and he's reading! Gotta go!

Falzer.

(Greiga and Falzer, the split that cannot get along with itself xd.png)

Dear Journal,

We’re living on our own now. We know how to hunt and all, and our previous owner found five more hatchlings she froze. We now have seven. One of the five was a Pebble, Green Pebbles [we’re calling him Pebble], another is a water, Turquoise Water [we are calling her Turquoise]. One is a Frill, Four Leaved Clover [calling him Four], and the last is a beautiful Purple, Streak of Luck [calling her Streak]. We have made so many small caves in the walls of our big one; we have room for five more hatchlings, just in case. We do use one of them for the eggs and the newborns. A net of brambles and thorns protects the entrance, so nothing could get in, or they can’t get out. Well, my candle is running low-

Dear Journal,

Today while I was hunting for food, I came upon a silver dragon. She is very petite, and pregnant! I took her home, because she said she was starving and lonely, and, tired. All of the frozen hatchlings and I decided she could stay, and be our guardian. Her eggs are due tomorrow- since I am the oldest of all the hatchlings, and the most experienced, I will be the one helping her birth! Just me!

We dipped new candles today, and I have two or three, but I must go. Dreamer is calling.

Bye,

Shadow.

Dear Journal,

Today, I helped the Silver birth. She has four beautiful eggs, two golds and two silvers. She told me if I could find the spell, I could freeze them all! She is so kind. And today, the council of the Frozen Hatchlings appointed me Healer! I tend to all wounds. I have to go, I newborn Hatchie is crying.

Bye,

Shadow

Journal,

All of Silver's eggs have hatched. We're going to wait a day or two so they're the council Frozen Hatchlings age. I did find the spell... anyways...

I think one of the golds is quite fond for me. SHE always is stumbling after and around me, and pestering me at no end. Of course, all hatchlings go through this stage, but...ah well. Her name is Shimmer.

My Healing supplies are low. I have almost no bandages, and I am running low on this one herb that eases stomach aches. I have to go find more, I'll write more tomorrow.

Bye,

Shadow.

AND I found this:

Dear Diary,

I am a brand new hatchling to this world. I am of the finest type, a golden! My Brothers and Sisters [all but one] are silver, a mere rank lower than me. My mother is a silver, too, but I do not know my Father. Sometimes my golden brother and I feel alone because of our unearthly glow. But, anyway,

There is this...other FROZEN hatchling in our cave. He claims to be the first, and I do believe him. He is quite handsome, in fact, when I become a frozen hatchling in a couple of days, I want to be his mate. Dear Diary, can hatchlings be mates? Could I mate and have hatchlings? Oh, I DO want to. But will he?

There is yet another dilemma: there is another Frozen Hatchling with an eye on him. She is quite pretty; a floaty Daydream. She floats, not walks, through the rough, pebbly, tunnels inside of the walls. I can see the glimmer in her sky-blue eyes when she mentions HIM. I think he has an eye for Streak- and SHE'S looking back! I must hatch [like I did] a plan to make her not. Maybe Dream (I think that's the name of the Daydream. Maybe Dreamer) and I could team up...

I feel awful thinking such thoughts. I must go.

Love forever,

Shimmer, that's what HE thinks my name is, although it is Shimmering.

Ohh, isn't she a little devil!

(Journal of Virus, a frozen hatchling.)

May 5, 2009:

Dear JOURNAL,

Seriously, it's a journal. NOT a diary. Yeesh.

Yeah, that's right. The MINUTE after Garnet gave me a journal (probably to try and make up for FREEZING me), that idiotic stone, Lead-Wings, started teasing me about having a diary. SO typical.

And while we're on the topic of 'typical,' Bastet and Entrapment hooked up. That makes yet another happy couple. It's just sick, really.

I mean, how many times can you shout 'Get a room!' at people before they take a hint? Seriously.

Oh, and Garnet's now the queen of viruses. She did a scan on her computer last night (I watched), and turned up 72 viruses! And half of them weren't even my fault!

That stupid human deserves it.

-Frozen Virus

Dear Something or Other,

Another Gold egg was bred yesterday, from Comet Nightingale and her mate. The gold hatchling gendered female, and is now named Angel Nightingale. Such a pretty name.

The Sunrise and Daydream are due to gender today. We are in sore need of males, seeing the influx of females recently.

Still no attack, nor word from the other cave.

Shiro Saki

Dear Notes,

This is my first real entry in this 'journal' thing Dragonic gave me since I hatched, oh so long ago. I have been busy, since I asked Destined to Live and Angel Shield to help with the war effort. Today the Daydream gendered into a graceful female, and Aki Serei gave me an amulet to help me concentrait when I watch her.

She is a remarkable thing. Today, when I had left for a few moments to get one of the few remaining sheep and some roots to gnaw on, a Pebble spy from the Wild Army dug into the nursery, and was trying to steal both the little Daydream girl, the Sunrise, and the Gold egg. I heard a fierce little roar, and returned to find the pebble knocked out, with the Daydream girl looking rather proud of herself.

My mate, Helio Aurora, along with the Arlenns and Silverus are going to start training them. This is good. I am happy they will be trained, and I hope they will help bring this war to an end... without sacraficing more lives.

Fayted, Head of the Nursery

Dear Something or Other,

We cannot wait for the two hatchlings to mature. Tonight at dusk, we are making a counter-attack on the Wild Army. This has gone on long enough.

I am leaving my best friend, Helio Aurora, in charge of defence while I go with the attacking force. The Stones and Geodes are staying behind to guard the entrance, while the Silvers, Reds, Seasonals, and Golds are leading the charge. While distracted, Nishi Kyoko and the Blacks will sneak behind the enemy and give them all they got.

In this battle, I want to figure out who is leading this army, and why they are choosing to attack the Tame Caves. I will make sure they will pay for what they have done...

I only hope that upon seeing us, the other Caves join in.

Shiro Saki, leader of the Cave of the Stars

Dear Parchy Thingy,

I've grown wings! I'm so awesome now because I have wings! They're so pretty... But I'm kinda worried. Now that I've grown wings some of the older dragon are saying that I'd have to help with some kind of war thing... I haven't seen any of it and Light doesn't seem to be too busy healing anyone so I don't believe it.

Oh, that squishy pink thing that visits the cave said that I gendered... FEMALE! How in the world could I be a girl?! I hate being a girl, I wanna be a boy! I want to torture that pink thing by being a boy! Oh, and I learned that the pink thing's name is Soma. Weird name. Speaking of names, Soma has named me. I'm not real fond of the name though-- she named me Forever Glowing in the Cave. It's really long and some of the adult dragons have taken to calling me Forever.

That little hatchling that Light was caring for is up and running around. I wonder what its name is... and what it is. Two other hatchlings have appeared in the cave today. One of them is like the Dreaming dragons, Dreaming of My Death and Dreaming in Death for GBleek. I really hope that hatchling doesn't turn out to be like those creepy two. GBleek the Bipolar Boy grew up today too -- actually over night but who cares, he grew up. Now he sits in the back of the cave talking to himself. It's really freaky. I hope Striped Pride doesn't grow up soon because then I'd be the oldest hatchling in the cave and I don't want to be the oldest!

Other then those new things, cave life is pretty normal except for the escalated bickering among the adults... I wonder what the problem is.....

Dearest Diary, I have been gendered today, girl of course. And, O dearest dreams of dreams, Shadow is a Boy.

And, I was Frozen today. It is quite cold for the first couple of minutes, but I am cold no more. It is quite worth it, to not age. It is quite painful, though, to see the eggs and younger hatchlings that will grow up to be adults while I stay my same size.

Back to Shadow. I talked to the Daydream today, Dreamer. She will NOT help me with my plan to crush Shadow's love. Hmpp. I will change her tide...

Loving Forever,

Shimmer.

Dear Journal,

If Lead laughs at me one more time, I swear I will rip his horns out.

Great, Rosetta had to be reading over my shoulder when I was writing that. Well, I just got a big huge lecture about 'being nice.'

Damn silver needs to get a life. . .

Well, Bastet and Entrapment are just happy as clams. They can't stop talking about their new egg. And I have to sit around all day and listen to them discuss names, hope about it being an alt, and stuff like that.

You know, not being able to have a mate is one thing that I don't regret about being frozen.

Geez, did Strategy get ticked off today! Well, apparently some person picked up an egg of hers. First of all, they named it N(something)'s Grace or something like that. I don't remember. Anyway, apparently the person has no idea what their doing, since Garnet had to add the hatchy to the ER today.

Well, peace out.

-Frozen Virus

EDIT: Ha ha! Ner***a's Grace just gendered MALE! Ha ha ha!

I finally found out his name, but Garnet made me censor it. 'To be polite,' she said. Yeah, whatever.

Edited by Pierce

Dear Diary,

Oh. My. God.

It happened! Again! That cursed dream....I'm not a balloon! I'm a real dragon? Right? RIGHT?

Yes, yes...of course I'm a real dragon...of course....Gosh, I'm sorry, Diary. I always seem to be in a frizzle, huh? Well, it isn't my fault. I can't control my dreams...especially my worst dream. You know which one; I've told you about it a million times before. That one where I'm not a dragon, but a balloon, that has been twisted into the shape of the dragon...and then I pop. The popping is always different. Tonight, it was because of a stalactite. And the worst part? When I woke up, I was floating. Right in front of a pointy, real stalactite.

Isn't it terrible?

Goodness, I need to lie down...and hopefully stay down. I'll probably write more later...if I feel like it.

Love,

Balloon Animal

Dear Journal,

Life is so miserable. I just don't get it. Why do the other dragons hate me? I know that I'm a bit odd because I'm tiny and green and weak. Plus, I can't fly. But, then again, Nerissa can't fly either and everyone loves her just fine.

It isn't just the adults that ignore me and stuff either. Some of the hatchlings are cruel too. Since I'm a little bigger than them, I thought I would be fine...but I'm not. They snicker at my name, Boiz. I just don't get it. What is funny about my name? What??

I thought I heard some of the hatchlings whispering about my name, and how apparently I "like boys." But that doesn't make sense. I'm male. And, I have a crush...but she won't even give me the time of day.

Stupid name.

--Boiz

Om Diary,

Om nom nom, nom om nom om om. Om nom om? I nom! Nom om nom om nom! Nom om om om nom nom om om nom nom....

Hmph. Nom.

--Om.