Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

...Holy BLEEP, this was written in some red liquid that did not give me a happy tingly feeling. That sunrise hatchling scares me now. blink.gif

Okay, someone needs to be disciplining her hatchlings way more. mad.giftongue.gif

Okay, someone needs to be disciplining her hatchlings way more. mad.giftongue.gif

You try dealing with a narcissistic red, a purple with an obsessive need to mother everyone, a rampaging berserker vine, a skywing so crazy that she literally has to be chained down in the deepest parts of the cave, a black who thinks she's a ninja, a spoiled pink, a magi who can and will eat anything (and carries a bottle of ketchup in case she gets a chance to prove it), an incredibly irresponsible and lecherous pebble with a nameless pet kitten, a ridiculously naive and curious white, a stubborn split whose heads try to kill each other on an hourly basis, twin vampires who terrify the rest of the dragons and won't let any of them forget it, a storm who spends five days out of the week flying around the mountains, her silver mate who spends those five days waiting like a puppy for her return and and who doesn't even know how to pronounce his name, a mute pebble with mental scarring, an overly affectionate guardian, a blue who thinks she can fly if she just tries a little harder (and on a daily basis), a flirtatious valentine, thirty-nine frozen hatchlings on what seems to be an eternal sugar high (and whose numbers include a split that once found herself buried up to her necks in the ground and sincerely believes that it was the fault of flying purple horses, a stone who acts almost exactly like the feline she's named for, and a paper who tends to be doodled on every time she falls asleep).

Add in one prank-obsessed mint who knows exactly how to best (or worst, in take advantage of all of the insanity and make it a trillion and three times worse, and the fact that I can spare enough time with the hatchlings to be able to find their notes and journals becomes something not unlike a miracle.

(...I spend waaaaaay too much time coming up with my dragon's personalities, don't I?xd.png)

Journal:

...I thought the normal pinks were bad enough. Wish these new pale pink hatchlings would stop rushing round everywhere. I am not looking forward to when they grow up.

Snapping Moon.

Dear Journal,

The Winged Wolf is quite pleased with herself lately as her catchings have gone well and she even managed to take a vine egg in that was close to death and hatched under our care into a vine of a different color. Beautiful young thing. However, she is still anxious for the little ones to grow up and mature. She even had to hide an egg for a while in order to be sure to have space to take in more eggs or hatchlings once they do.

Dark Mistress is becoming quite the little singer under Golden Phantom's tutelage. I am impressed with her progress and she can always be found by following her voice as she is never silent save when sleeping.

All of the silvers had eggs, though only one was a silver, the rest the colors of their mates but at least each was productive. The Winged Wolf has promised to keep an eye on them in the new homes where they have gone.

I have not yet been blessed with another child but then i have not mated again recently either. None of the females have sparked my interest of late.

Aysthon

Dear Diary:

Halo left me till 0 days 3 hours before she got it into her head to put me in an ER. The moment I hatch I will kick her butt.

Signed, NamelessGoldEggWhichWillProbablyNotBeNamedForMonths

Dear Journal,

Risey here. The frozen Guardian hatchling, Whipflash, was found dead just a little while ago-- his throat torn open.

We don't know what happened-- Styrana did her best to save and revive him, but in the end his body simply crumpled.

Hakube is devastated-- those two were the best of friends, both guardians.

OW-- Ah, sorry. I nearly forgot to mention, we've been attacked lately by a few lagmonsters. It's only us, though. I.... I was wounded. But not as bad as Hakube-- when the monster was about to strike me, he jumped in front and brought his shiled up. He was electrocuted, and on top of the pain from losing the dragon who was almost like his brother... I feel pity for him...... and gratitude for saving my life.

He's an idiot, but he'll live. Like the rest of us.

From,

Rising Cold

Edited by Styrana

You try dealing with a narcissistic red, a purple with an obsessive need to mother everyone, a rampaging berserker vine, a skywing so crazy that she literally has to be chained down in the deepest parts of the cave, a black who thinks she's a ninja, a spoiled pink, a magi who can and will eat anything (and carries a bottle of ketchup in case she gets a chance to prove it), an incredibly irresponsible and lecherous pebble with a nameless pet kitten, a ridiculously naive and curious white, a stubborn split whose heads try to kill each other on an hourly basis, twin vampires who terrify the rest of the dragons and won't let any of them forget it, a storm who spends five days out of the week flying around the mountains, her silver mate who spends those five days waiting like a puppy for her return and and who doesn't even know how to pronounce his name, a mute pebble with mental scarring, an overly affectionate guardian, a blue who thinks she can fly if she just tries a little harder (and on a daily basis), a flirtatious valentine, thirty-nine frozen hatchlings on what seems to be an eternal sugar high (and whose numbers include a split that once found herself buried up to her necks in the ground and sincerely believes that it was the fault of flying purple horses, a stone who acts almost exactly like the feline she's named for, and a paper who tends to be doodled on every time she falls asleep).

Add in one prank-obsessed mint who knows exactly how to best (or worst, in take advantage of all of the insanity and make it a trillion and three times worse, and the fact that I can spare enough time with the hatchlings to be able to find their notes and journals becomes something not unlike a miracle.

(...I spend waaaaaay too much time coming up with my dragon's personalities, don't I?xd.png)

My clan was invaded by a bunch of evil dragons and teh ones that were already there nearly killed me!

Dear Something or other...

Sorry I have not written in a while... Busy and all. Dragonic has finally recovered from the Lagmonster attack. She is now well enough to come with us to bring eggs to and from the Main Cave. This is a good thing.

Ah, I should explain what happened. In the attack of the Lagmonster, last March, Dragonic all but disappeared. A few of the Hatchlings claimed to have seen her, but she appeared see-through and weak. Around that time, the same thing was happening to a lot of different caves. We couldn't go to the Main Cave, because of a huge monster of wire and metal, called a Lagmonster. When the thing was killed, we found Dragonic, very injured. It has been about a month and a half since then.

Now there seems to be a new problem in the cave. Since the Lagmonster attack, we have been getting an explosion of gold eggs from breedings. Their leader, Zaahir Nightingale, seems to be at odds with the leader of the Silvers, Vergil Darkslayer. I have no clue why, but they seem to really hate eachother...

Also, we're knee deep in the new eggs that have been found. The Oracles seem to be on edge about them...

Shiro Saki

Aww, I didn't know he was so worried about me. But it's true. I've spoken to Fuyu no Hanabi, and all he had to say was that there would be two new Oracles in addition to the Summer that has yet to come. Maybe the Sunrise and Sunset dragons?

Dear Journal,

I'm sorry to keep this from my mate, but it seems the split between the Metallics are not out only problem. With the recent influx of Wild Dragons, most of the prey has been scared out of the forest. With this, attacks on smaller clans by Wild Dragons have been more and more common.

They don't dare attack us, but our Hunters have had to go farther and farther to get food. If we are not careful, we could starve... I've talked with Prince of Yule to give our hunters a boost of luck, but it only lasts so long...

If the cave is split apart again, we could be in some serious trouble. I can only hope that the Gods give us some hope.

Black Inferno Temptest

Here's a quick entry from the resident squawker:

Dear Diary,

It sounds like the wild dragons are getting cocky. Pun unintended. About a day ago, the clan territories were attacked by about fifty dragons. By the magic of wind, this is getting bad. There were numerous casualties, with both the Corrupt and the Widerstand. And worst of all, a large group attacked my home! There must have been at least 20. I managed to get rid of a few, using all the air magic I had, but then they reached me. My--now adult--adopted hatchling, Mage of the Winds, helped me, but we were badly outnumbered and she was barely able to protect me. I'm ashamed to admit that I really needed protection.

Suddenly, Mons in Silentium, the old stone dragon, actually moved! She hasn't done that in ages! She easily batted away about 10 of them without the slightest difficulty. The rest ran for their lives.

Then Mons just settled down again, looking for the wind like an old statue. I managed to use some magic to heal most of our wounds, but this was too close.

--Krigare

Here's one from the balloon dragon:

Wow, we barely survived that raid. I'm too exhausted to write it all down. But Mons MOVED! I thought she was just some statue that mother--I mean Krigare--worshiped or something. Wow.

I'm getting better at magic. I'm really good at air magic, just like Krigare. It just comes naturally. It's really exciting.

Now that I can read, I'm trying to figure out about the history of the 'clan'. All that I can get out of Krigare is that we were once led by paper dragons--are they real?--and called 'The Clan of Parchment'. Now most people have forgotten that.

Since Krigar we doesn't like me reading history, I'm reading the present. Stuff outside the clan. Apparently, there's a lot more clans out there. I'd like to visit one someday. It sounds like they don't really like our clan, though. They call it 'The Split Clan', because of the ongoing war with the invaders--though, a lot of dragons think that they were actually here first. Bizarre.

--The Mage of the Winds

Edited by The Gremlin

Catty is missing!!!

She's dissapeared, and we can't go out to find her-- there's a lagmonster blocking the cave! Last time this happened-- in March-- she was found with two legs broken, a nose bleed, and hundreds of bruises, scrapes, and cuts all over her body. She also had burns, blisters, sore and pulled muscles, and a sprained tail. She had a fever. Soar throats, coughs, diarreah. The flu. A cold. And she had been electrocuted! She also had vomiting, dehydration, starvation, heat stroke, exhaustion, shock, and all her paws were trampled. She was covered in fleas and ticks. She still has worms. She returned with FELV. She had FIV. It was horrible!!! How will she make it this time??!

She came back!!! Thyme healed her electric shock and burns. She came back with two eggs-- Jitters and Hovers. Spriingbraiik grew up, and Sunnisunii and Tikkii hatched. Tikkii's belly is so puffy and jiggly! But prey is becoming scarce-- today we lived off of ferns. God darn those wild dragons!!! Three words: GET. AN. OWNER.

Today we added giant proteas--whole plants-- to or temporary diet. I. NEED. MEEEEAT!!!

Oh, goody. We need to strip all of the giant redwoods in our terretory of needles and bark. At least in Catty Woods, there are about 10.

We can't take it anymore. I chased off 5 wild dragons, but one carried a winged white hatchling.  Catty said we couldn't keep it.

I named it Snoflour.

Snoflour is with me right now. Our water dragons-- still part of the family-- only had some rockweed, kelp, and irish moss in that mote, lake, and pond. So now we have that added to the pile...

Snoflour died today. The lagmonster killed her. But the entire time, she was carrying a small white egg. Catty said we could keep it!!! Yay!!! Every silver's dream!!!

Oh, and the waters donated some sea lettuce and polysiphonia. Tasty?!

Edited by Catspwndogs29

If we can break the medieval time stage for this, I'd be happy to share some pages from my evil dragons :3

Dear Notes,

We had a scare just a little while ago. Dragonic had dissapeared from Shiro's den, and we couldn't find her. There was a panic. I guess the March Lagmonster Attack was still fresh in everyone's mind. It took her about a half-hour, but she reappeared, holding what looked like the horn of the dreaded creature. "Just a small one." She had said. Thankfully, there were no major injuries.

The White Striped female grew up today. She's a beautiful dragon... I think I might be lovestruck. I've heard Shiro, Reign, even Vergil describe it, but never felt this way myself. I mean, I've had a few mates before, but...

Well anyway, back to buisness. That schism we had back in January still has yet to die down. But this time, a rivalry has been thrown in. Seems like the Gold Nightingale family is siding with Shiro, while Vergil, the Silver leader, might still be affected by Reign's spell.

I would ask the Oracles to help, but they seem to be rather busy discussing the new Sunset Female, who is due to mature soon. I think I heard Akina, the Spring Priestess, say something along the lines of "I see darkness in her soul, mother. Morganna has her talons in her heart, I fear." Wonder what that means.

Dark Quartz

If we can break the medieval time stage for this, I'd be happy to share some pages from my evil dragons :3

Parchment is what the dragons use. And feathers. And charcoal. And berries.

Thanks, Spriingbraik!!! You gave us dog lichen and beard lichen, along with some lung lichen! Our lives are saved! YAAAAAAAAY!!!

Not.

Hm. I tried a bit of cord moss today. Nowhere near meat, but a bit good. Incredibly salty and bitter.

Boy, I'm desperate.

What the...?! I just found a small, abandoned forest! Of HORSETAIL!!! Ewwww!!! But I had to eat some horse pineand field horsetail.

Times are epicly tough.

Edited by Catspwndogs29

Journal?,

Mom brought home four new eggs this morning. My littermates and I have only just matured and now she expects us to watch after these shiny round intruders. Analyse thinks that expanding the Delone clan is the best thing we can do, but what does she know? She's the youngest after all. Megoria and Carrie think they're neat. Can you believe that?! Neat?! Those little home wreckers. I'd smash them all, but when I try I can't. I couldn't do that to Momma. Besides, I think the glowing blak one likes me. It smells nice.

Maybe I should give them a chance. It's my turn to keep them warm, but I'm sure Analyse will more than gladly help. She's the best at that sort of thing.

Nat Delone

I have a plan.

I also have some ginkgo fruits. Nummynummynummy.

Anyways, my plan? Oh, right. The plan.

There's a cliff.

And there are mints, hatchlings, and flightless dragons.

All of them love ginkgos. (I love 'em, too.)

That cliff holds a waterfall.

I measured it.

It's 4,000 feet deep.

Now, here's my plan:

1. Lure the dragons away with ginkgo fruits

2. Fly off the cliff with the ginkgos

3. Land and laugh while eating the ginkgos and watching those leeches fall off the cliff

Eggs?

1. Kidnap

2. Kill

3. Eat

I did the thing with the mints.

And it WORKED!!!

I also got 5 magis and 50 greens. Epic!

In return, I found a forest of plum trees.

All with fruits.

Oh, did I mention that the bottom of the cliff is filled with pirahnas and spiked rocks?

Ohhhh, I'm out exploring this puny newbie dragon's terretory.

It's a single evening dragon.

Easy target, lots of terretory.

And food!!!

And look-- I stole about 100 black locust pods and 50 eurpoean silver fir pine cones.

I just got here...and WOW.

I thought I was creative before this!

That is epic win, Kitsuru.

Now we're eating Giant Sequoias and douglas firs. But I'm about to invade that evening's terretory with Silverstream.

Silverstream's like my daughter. She came from one of Catty's good friend's dragons. Since that little glowing egg entered the cave, my heart was set for her. I was always incubating her. I spent all my time with her. Me. Me. Me. When she hatched, I was with her. Me.

I fed her.

I cleaned her.

I taught her.

I loved her and still do.

Once she dislocated her arm when chasing a wasp. She was crying, and I sat there, comforting her as gently as possible. When she forgot, I quickly grabbed her arm. Then I painlessly popped it back in!!!

I love Silverstream.

Silverstream found poppies, black poplars, dandelions, red clovers, and lords-and-ladies. She saved me! I love her soooo much.

Fruit! In the evening's cave, we found acirns, hazelnuts, pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, peas, tomatoes, raspberries, grapefruits, and peaches-- enough to feed half the cave!! In addition, I found a cluster of apple trees with fruit and tiger lilies.

My clan was invaded by a bunch of evil dragons and teh ones that were already there nearly killed me!

I'd lend you some supplies to fight them off, but unfortunately my crazy Skywing needs all of the chains we have to keep her from breaking out. Which would be a Bad Thing, trust me.

ninja.gif

I just got here...and WOW.

I thought I was creative before this!

That is epic win, Kitsuru.

Thanks! *pops her ego before it can get any larger and start plotting world domination*

Edited by Kitsuru

I'd lend you some supplies to fight them off, but unfortunately my crazy Skywing needs all of the chains we have to keep her from breaking out. Which would be a Bad Thing, trust me.

ninja.gif

Thanks! *pops her ego before it can get any larger and start plotting world domination*

Nah, I left ages ago. Now I'm stuck in limbo, though.

Diary,

Ever since I hatched, things have not been going well. Those three Seasonals (I think momma Fayted called them Oracles) keep on staring at me. But then that nice human visits, and they go away. I don't like how they stare... It's like they're trying to see through me.

I had a weird dream last night. I drempt that I was sitting next to a Sunrise, and across from us was a bunch of dragons from the Clan. Those Oracles were standing across from us as well... But then I looked up, and saw a shining Gold Dragon and a beautiful Black Dragon. The black had her wing over me, while the gold had his wing over the Sunrise. I felt protected. Does this mean anything?

Nishi Kyoko

This is from that little Sunset that the Oracles were talking about...

Parchment is what the dragons use. And feathers. And charcoal. And berries.

Well that's apparently humanizing them too much, mine have to us stone slabs x3.

I'm not sure though, I don't think having them in charge of a weird... place (school? Prison? Lab?") is breaking from time much.

Dear Journal,

Scarlet, with her amazing gossip-gathering skills, has heard the Oracles talking about the new little sunset girl. I wouldn't bother about such idle gossip, but Scarlet reports that they mentioned new Oracles. This made me curious. We know there will be a Summer Oracle, but will this Sunset lass be a different one?

The Seasonal Oracles seem rather... Jumpy. I have gone into the old Religious Scrolls that Aki Serei brought with her from her home in the Wilderness. (As a side note, I always suspected that her Summer father was an Oracle of that clan. It seems to run in families.) I found some interesting information...

Each Oracle Dragon is a representative of a certain god or goddess. In addition to the four Gods of the Seasons, there are two additional Gods. That of Night (Morganna was mentioned both by the scroll and by Akina. Interesting...) and that of Day. One of Morganna's forms is said to be a massive Alternate Black, who studies the darker side of magic. I suspect that they think that the little Sunset is her Oracle.

Is that what they are so worried about? They should be concentraiting on how to remove that damned spell from Vergil before it becomes active. Bloody Oracles... I'm going to go do more research on these gods.

Fuda Spell, Head Librarian

Well that's apparently humanizing them too much, mine have to us stone slabs x3.

I'm not sure though, I don't think having them in charge of a weird... place (school? Prison? Lab?") is breaking from time much.

Mine claw them into the walls (usually around the part of the caves that are used for a bathroom), or kidnap my frozen paper while she's napping and write on her wings. Carefully, of course, they've all found out the hard way that she is Not Amused by this. xd.png

Anways, found a new bunch of journal entries!

Dear Diary,

I feel pretty, oh so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and gay!

...not that kind of gay! Well, unless I am. I'm not entirely sure yet, since I'm still little. But I have such a gorgeous silver hide and it's shiney and pretty!

If I end up being a guy, I'm probably going to maul Kitsuru into teeny tiny bite-sized bits for making my personality like this. Mmmmmm... bite-sized.. and maybe with some of that ketchup that Sunup's always carrying aorund. Yummy!

Speaking of the pink soft non-dragon, she said that she wants to start a linny-age with me! I have no idea, what that is, but it sounds so awesome! No, beyond awesome! What's that word I heard Kitsuru using again? It's awesomeSAUCE!

Love,

Stripey McStripes-a lot (two words, not one) (whose name will be changed upon gendering)

Dear Diary,

I. Rock.

Enough said. There is no more space on this wing.

Yours truly,

Dorsal the Red

Dear Journal,

Oh my Tiamat. I've hatched into a family of crazies.

-The Other Dorsal

Edited by Kitsuru

Dear Journal,

Well, Blood Jasper here, and it turns out I'm a girl and now I'm all grown up! I love playing with the Clan's hatchlings-- they all have wings. The Daydream and Striped ones are both male and the Whiptail is female. It's fun to watch the males bicker over her-- the joys of youth.. wasn't so long ago for me!

Rising Cold, a Storm Dragon who isn't much older than I am, is their caretaker. Irie assigned her to it, and she chose to keep her job. I think she rather enjoys it, despite to her cynical outer shell. I think inside she can have a soft spot.

--ow! Sorry, the Whiptail is nibbling on my wingtip. Better go.

Maybe I'll introduce them to oatmeal raisin cookies..?

From,

Blood Jasper-- Adult Sunset Dragon

Edited by Styrana