Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

(Where is everyone?)

Entry 6

I have grown wings now and don't need much saftey of the nest anymore.I have explored the cave part of the tent and saw the tunnels lead to empty nest rooms and where my owner lives. I heard from my parents that this part was new and vine dragons were said to of helped dig it. I explored a lake near the tent and found that even more dragons of my owner lived there.Not much more to write,

Springs Spirit

Dear Journal,

Risey here. We have one new hatchling-- Plloensneeze, a Spring dragon. I think the name is rather cute, along with the hatchling, really... it sleeps so much!

Anyway, Lagmonsters (weak and small ones, but compared to us they're still a danger) have been attempting to hunt us. They chew through the cave walls, and Sty constantly has to make repairs. She has chosen a few dragons to guard the cave from the outside-- Hakube(even though he's only still a hatchling), Stormingsong, Singekun, Renkun, Flickchan, Bloodrun, Tangleveil, and Sakaerii.

This contingent of our dragons is reliable, I know it... However, Hakube is a reckless little thing! He constantly drags me to somewhere to show me something, and is nearly my age, actually. It's odd, but the Lagmonsters have fluxuated some of our dragons' aging.... things should start running normally soon, however.

From,

Rising Cold

note: i have ben having some connection problems, it's true. i think it's just me however...

So. I've gorwn up, and Kat's decided to reward me with this leather journal. It's got a nice big picture of a piece of Smithsonite on it, for which I am partly named. So, we better get to introductions.

I am Seraphinite Smithsonite, a Geode Dragon. I heard Kat's excitement when I was laid ('OMGOMGOMGITSAGEODEOMG!!!!!!!'). Yeah. Wierd, obviosly. I have a wierd owner. Hah. Just my luck.

Anyway, there's been about 4 new seasonals in the cave. I thought it'd be the end with our two Winters, but obviously, I was mistaken. Kat also grabbed a light blue and dark blue egg, of which she is extremely protective over. One of the seasonals hatched. It's somewhat annoying, following me all the day. Kat says she wants it to be female. To be my mate. As if.

~Seraphinite Smithsonite~

Dear Journal,

Risey here. Hakube is almost ready to go off on his own to grow up, metamorphisise, really. I'm supposed to be watching him till that happens....

[Yawns] More later,

Rising Cold

Edit for code fail sad.gif

Edited by Styrana

So much to do here...We have lots of eggs to keep warm. The owner told us about some young breeders in need of a dragon and we accepted to help them giving away our own eggs. I'm happy I don't have to give mine: "she" always keep our first egg for herself.

After the (snotty) Silver, we finally have a gold. But all the attention is for that Zafire. How could she come from such...well...not really shiny parents?

My egg is going to hatch soon. It's so colourful!

Sabri

So, my son is gone. I sometimes miss him, and Remus does too. Yes, we can go and see him when we want to, but it's not the same.

The owner brought him away two days ago, accompanied by Francis as usual. She came back with a shiny gold egg, it must be another present. "It's yours", she said. "From the other breeder's dragons, for the child you gave away". It must be one of those rare eggs I've heard of. It's beginning to crack.

At least my little one (Teddy, he named him Teddy) is safe and happy. Edward and Mina weren't so lucky.

Fanny

Edited by Lizzyluna

Shnuki

The little egg we laid hatched a few minutes ago. I was so happy when I saw the little one crawl out of the egg unharmed, and I sent a wave of joy through our small cave. My owner sensed it and padded over. She gazed at the young one through her feline eyes, then plucked one of her wing feathers. She lay it on the young one's head, then chanted something. Then she removed the feather, muttered her congrats and padded away. I nuzzled my forever child, and curled around him.

Hrukii

I relaxed my frills as I entered the cave that was my home, then padded to the egg pile to check on the little egg. But it wasn't there. Confused, I turned and went to Shnuki.

"Where is our egg?" I asked her through my mind.

"There is none," She smiled and lifted her wing "The young one is right here"

I cried with glee and nuzzled the little one. I had another child.

Edited by harrie5

Dear journal:

We have a little spring hatchling. He's curious, and wants to know about everything. He and the little black female play together quite a bit. We shall have to think of names for them soon.

Zilberne.

Dear piece of paper,

I'm not really sure where I am or why I am here but there are lots of other dragons looking after me and the 4 eggs here. There are six blueish grey dragons that have been watching me ever since I hatched but they watch the eggs too. There is one egg that looks like me but I'm not sure if I should go over to it. Then there is this odd blue egg with white swirlys on it, weird egg.

Why do those big dragons keep looking at me? Maybe I'll go ask them sometime but they can't know where you are piece of paper so I'm gonna hide you.

DON'T GET LOST!

Confused Spring Hatchling

Entry 7

I had finally grown up, but that was a few days ago.I now enjoy taking walks through the forest and glideing over the lake.Not much is going on, but there is no chill in the air anymore!

Springs Spirit

This was written by the hen, Krigare Hons. It was hard to make out, since she kept losing control of the pen, but I managed to make this out:

It sounds like the lagmonster's finally dead. The dragons are celebrating. Even ol' Silentium kinda smiled. I think.

There's some new eggs here. A geode, two eggs that hurt my eyes, and a bizarre floating egg. When I saw that egg, I knew it could be useful. So I snuck in last night, and stole it. It wasn't hard to move. Now it's right in front of me, 'guarded' by Silentium. I wonder what it'll grow up to be? Only time will tell.

--Hons

Written by Swingdance

I've been guarding my hatchling from Sora-kun's watchful eyes. She's been going insane trying to these "new eggs" and she has said some things that are not worth repeating lest they corrupt the users. I would not put trading my baby above her.

She has acquired three eggs, one that glows which makes for a handy night light, a rock she claims is an egg, and the last one hatched into a Silver hatchling. I have taken it upon myself to nurture this hatchling. Unwarranted Self Importance doesn't need to add any more ego, he might hurt himself.

-Swingdance, Spring Dragon

Edited by Sora-kun

Journal Entry 22:

Hey, dudes! I'm floating! My owner knows my actual name, but he refuses to tell

anyone. He jumped up in the air and grabbed me yesterday. He says that I'll be

fat when I grow up. Is that a compliment?

Signed,

Floating Egg

Dear Diary

Draco has been very uptight in the cave at the moment, ever since she brought back those four eggs from the abandoned cave. Two are Frill eggs I know that much, but the others Ive never seen before. Draco calls them Spring eggs, she's worked up about them because she's never had one in the clan before and the hatchlings are stubbornly refusing to leave their eggs. Now Draco's getting worked up because there are some new species and she can't even get one. Scylla says that if Draco doesn't stop worrying about getting new dragons and start paying attention to the recently grown dragons, then she's going to quit nesting duty. Uwanami grew up today, and Draco hasn't even noticed. Even I'm getting worried about her. I have to go now, Skyes has decided my vines are a better play mate then the eggs. I might dump the frozen hatchy on Ergan, he needs to pay attention to the youngsters of his species.

Hayden Thistletalon

Hayden, the Vine elder, on his companions attitudes to new eggs. Ergan is the Fog elder, Skyes is a frozen Fog hatchling, Scylla is the Purple dragon taking care of the eggs and Draco is the dragon's annoying Werewolf clan leader (Me).

Edited by dracodoctorwhofan

Dear journal:

The weather has been warmer than usual recently. We've all been sunning ourselves in between hunting and looking after the eggs. It is nice not to be cooped up in the cave for a change. We've got five eggs to look after at the moment. One of them is orange and blue, which is a new one to me. Mynyddygwair brought back two pink eggs. They're paler than the one that Ridiculous Glass Rose and Ridiculous Black Daemon had, however. I wonder what sort of dragons will hatch out of them.

~~Karach~~

Dear Parchment,

I just hatched today. When I came out, this big dragon... I think his name was Renkun... gave me this scrap of paper he called a "parchment." What's a parchment?!

He gave me a few quick lessons and told me to write about my experiences today so I'll always remember.

Well, about half an hour when I came out, everyone started a BIG party to celebrate the hatching of the "flood egg". What's that?!

I'm so confused, but.. that gets made up for because at the party our cave administrator, Styrana(a funny little creature called a 'human') gave me a taste of the most delicious thing I'll probably ever eat-- oatmeal raisin cookies, she called them! They were so sweet and soft at the same time!

Styrana says she is only a young human-- a 'teenager'. But she's a lot older than me, I know!

Oooo, Sty just left me a good-night cookie outside the eggshell I'm using as a bed for now. Later!

From,

Blood Jasper, the Sunset Dragon

Krigare again:

Dear Diary,

The blind magi dragon, Incedius, is having some trouble writing her journal. Before, she could use magic, but now she needs all her energy for fighting. The Corrupt apparently hit them pretty hard recently. So she came to me with the journals of a bunch of paper dragons, knowing that I'm one of the few in the Clan territories who can read. I barely managed to hide my floating egg in time.

In other news, the geode and one of the bright eggs hatched. The other eggs are pretty close. Anyways, the magi asked me to continue her job of copying the important bits in my journal. So, I'll start:

“Dear Diary,
The stupid shapeshifter came again. Started whining about how 'the Corrupt are coming' and how 'hard it is to delay them'. He told us to leave, and I know a threat when I see one. We aren't budging. The Corrupt won't dare attack us. And The Gremlin shall pay for his foolishness.
--The Blank Parchment”

“Dear Diary,
The Gremlin came back. He was incredibly rude, to the Blank Parchment. He shouldn't have done that. I did warn him. So I sent a group of papers to teach him a lesson, on Blank Parchment's orders. And he learned, I hope. But he looked badly wounded. I think he hurt his leg a lot. But he has to learn. Right?  I had no other choice. I must...preserve the clan. Whatever it takes.
--Origami Guardian”

“Dear Diary,
Origami Guardian told me the Gremlin visited. He tried to hurt The Blank Parchment, but they stopped him. I can't believe it. Blank Parchment must have said something. But what? I'm so confused...
--Ebony Script”

Hmm. This is getting interesting...

--Krigare

And one by the paper dragon, Tandem Patronus:

Dear Diary,

Things are getting scary. The Corrupt struck, and struck hard. We were nearly massacred. Cerule was hurt pretty bad. The guardian was struggling to protect the new hatchlings when Furia attacked. The dreadful dino nearly killed her. At least the hatchlings are safe...

--Tandem

Dear Journal,

It is amazing how the arrival of new breeds of dragon in the area can send everyone into such lunacy as to abandon perfectly growing and healthy eggs and hatchlings to die outside of the caves. The Winged Wolf worked tirelessly to save those she could, although she had to resort to casting Eternal Youth spells on them in order to be able to give more loving homes as she has all of us.

Araenrai has organized the other females to help teach and take care of them as even the Winged Wolf would be a bit overwhelmed by such demands on her time and attention. Luckily some of them were already well advanced in their growth so not all of them are difficult to manage.

Primera is less than pleased with the demands of the young ones as they all seem to like her despite her temper. She is a favorite climbing toy and chew toy. Segundo, Daemona, Daemon, and Dune, our main hunters, have been hard pressed to meet the new demand but Lord, Lady, Sysfae, and Weskop have picked things up and all are happy and healthy and well fed.

The Guardians are also having a time of keeping track of all the hatchlings though they are managing far better than i would be able to. I do not know how they are able to. I suppose it is in their blood as healing is in mine.

Also, Aleeta had her first clutch not too long ago. She and Anony made a lovely pair and a lovely pair of eggs resulted, one of each color. According to the Winged Wolf who has been keeping an eye on them for their parents' sakes, both are doing well and now hatched. Gods bless the little ones with long life and good health.

Gods bless all of us.

Aysthon

P.S. - I think we may need a bigger cave soon. Large as this one is, and as deep into the mountain as it goes, still our family is growing swiftly larger.

P.P.S. - The little paper dragon just annoyed Solaris a bit too much. He blew some fire at it without thinking and Linch had to put it out. I have healed it but it still remains singed, the poor little thing. Solaris is berating himself for acting before thinking of the consequences.

Edited by Wolf Wings

Dear Journal

WHY WON'T I GROW UP!? The keeper keeps pacing and glaring at me, I know she doesn't mean to be grumpy, but I was supposed to grow up a while ago. I just want to grow and I'm stuck as a hatchling. Please please let me grow...

Byron

Dear Journal,

Renkun gave me a complete journal! I've found I had a natural flair for writing.

Styrana explained to me what a boy and girl are. She says when I get my wings that she'll be able to tell what I am! I want to be a "boy".. it has a nice ring to it.

But when I asked how to tell the difference, she just gave a little smile and quickly changed the subject!

Humans are so weird.. but they make good cookies.

From,

Blood Jasper

And another entry by the chicken:

Dear Diary,

My egg hatched! It's a little hatchling, though I still can't tell how it can float. After it hatched, it saw the cup I was about to fill with water, and it filled it with with berries out of nowhere! The berries were illusionary, but he has great potential for magic, just as the magi said! I'm teaching it to read now, but I'll copy the next entries first.

“Dear Diary,
The Corrupt cannot harm us. To show that we do not fear them, I have lessened the guards. That will

This is the last entry in his journal. I have a suspicion...

“Dear Diary,
I need to get this out somewhere. You're hidden well enough so that none can find you. But I have done something terrible. I killed Blank Parchment. It was necessary! He would have led to clan to its ruin. I burned him, and spread his ashes to the winds. May he find peace and wisdom in death.
--Origami Guardian”

“Dear Diary,
Origami is acting funny. I'm almost done with the egg, but he seems distracted. I'm going to take a look in his journal, to see what's bugging him. I've seen where he hides it. He needs help, and I can't help him unless I know.
--Ebony”

I know where this is headed.

–Krigare

Here's one by Cerule Scutum, the shield dragon:

Ow. The Corrupt attacked yesterday, and they nearly cut off my tail. Incedius says it'll be okay, but it really hurts. At least the hatchlings are alright. Except the floating egg, we still haven't found it. Incedius said to call off the search. I guess it's dead. If only I'd guarded it better...

Journal-

Today an army of reds burnt down the forest. I lost the rest of my pages of my journal. I'm so upset. Lava Quake attempted to burn them. The purples and pinks rounded up the eggs and hatchlings (though one of tgem, Blaki was burnt by one and died). But SuuniSunii and ROFLcopter II survived. Meanwhile, Josh, Ebonii, and SpriingBraik also survived. Rojoho, Leapingsoul, and DoubleTrouble helped them out. Meanwhile, the SkyWings divebombed them with dung and the whites treated all wounds. The Vines covered all the enternces and a few reds with vines, though they were all scorched and turned to ashes. The fogs made a HUUUUUGE rain storm, nd the guardians guarded the egg, hatchling, frog, freezer, and breeding tunnels. The blacks attacked, the greens made an earth quake and hurled boulders at them, the magis hexed them, and the splits waited in caverns before attacking. The rocks just managed to sit there and fought. Me and Silverstream gathered seeds to plant. The vampires bit the eggs and the waters splashed. The mints ran xd.png. The seasonals also ran. The frills scared them off. Such a tough day...

~ Utsukushii Ryu

My journal,

Why, oh why must I be hounded by these little ones? I told Meri that magicking them would come to no good end, but no... they got magicked anyway! In all honesty, I much preferred it when they got to grow up - at least then I wasn't a climbing apparatus or something. Why they ignore me, even over their own grown nestmate is a mystery.

Well, perhaps not. Everyone tells me that I'm a special dragon, that I'm something called a Valentine's Day dragon. They speak nonsense, in my opinion. I'm just... a pink. I must be. Some sort of alt pink. But that doesn't explain my horns, or my wings or my tail... or the way funny magic seems to get drawn out of me at the most awkward of moments... I've spoken with both Lloth and Magicus on this, but neither can answer with why, beyond the 'you're a Valentine's Dragon' response. Well... Lloth didn't even answer that. Just gave me a lofty glare and said that I should know the answer. I don't! And it bothers me.

But as annoying as the little ones are, I must admit they are funny. Comodo, the little skywing that Meri rescued, is a very elegant, fast flyer. She and Cirrul play together often. It is Moiban who is the biggest nuisance. The little frill is always wanting to climb on me, or snuggle, or have me take her flying. The silly hatchie has her own wings! She treats me like I'm her bonded or something. You'd think she pester Meri, or Dvorak & Qwert at least.

Freedom, of course, is completely unsympathetic. Hypocrite. He scuttles off to hide in corners when the rambunctious trio get anywhere near. I complain to him, and he just laughs at me. Fool. He won't even talk to Lloth or Sol! He says they are frightening - and others do agree, especially Trysh - but I think that is silly. Lloth is old, and big, and one of the elders, and she is powerful and grumpy... but still.

Oh dear. Here comes Comodo, wailing her head off of course. Its probably Cirrul's fault. I've no idea where he gets his mean-streak from: Kumu is the gentlest Storm I've ever known, and Cloud is certainly not mean. Nor are his grandparents: Lithops is so easy-going that even Freedom and Trysh talk to him, and Skysong is the politest lady of the Clan.

Ach, now they've reached me, and Cirrul's dripping... darn this ink that blots...

[a giant smear, with the word 'Qyill' faintly visible below]

+Qyill is a Vday, Lloth is a black and Magicus is her mate. Dvorak & Qwert is the frozen hatchlings' split nest-brother. Freedom and Trysh are both mints. Sol is the oldest dragon, a vine.+

Dear Diary,

Tiamat help me, if I see that little brown brat again, I'll bite it's ridiculously long tail clean off! It's been trying to hit me with it lately, always when the adults aren't looking of course. It managed to land a smack on my snout earlier, and it still smarts!

And that sunrise is no help. All it does is tan all morning. I yelled at it to help me out and all it did was stare at me! Hmph.

Yours truly,

Darnit, I don't have a name yet! I'm the pink hatchling, name me already you lazy human!

Well, if it would gender already, it'd get a name!

Look! Look! I found a piece of paper! Isn't that so amazingly awesome? Wait, why am I asking you, you can't answer back. Can you? Are you some sort of smart paper that can talk and walk and breakdance? Wait, are you going to steal my soul if I keep writing in you? Or are you really an cursed dragon just trying to figure out how to get home. No, wait, if you are then you're probably lying about it and you're really the human who tried to take over the world, that the dragon sacrificed himself to stop, aren't you? Hey, don't play that innocent act with me! I know what you're after!

YOU'LL NEVER GET THE SAUSAGES! I'm going to get the pink to make those funny noises again so that the grown-ups will come and burn you up!

Okay... someone needs to cut down on the sugar. And possibly stay away from the daydream egg while they're at it.

Somebody shut them up. NOW, or I WILL hang their bloodless corpses as a sign of why my naptime is not to be disturbed. I might do it anyways for fun.

Holy BLEEP, this was written in some red liquid that did not give me a happy tingly feeling. That sunrise hatchling scares me now. blink.gif

Dear Diary,

The worst thing happened today. I came back to the cave from my little adventure in the outside world, and the first thing I was told was there were new eggs. Well of course the first thing I did was ran to go see them, Scylla was glad that I was ppaying interest in the new eggs, then Draco came in. She offered me an important position in the clan, as a guard to our territories boundaries. Obviously I was shocked and backed away from Draco in surprise, but where did I back into. Into the nest. I smashed one of the Frill eggs. I couldn't believe what I did, I was so upset and Scylla terrified me with her angry roaring. I ran for it, thinking that I'd be disowned and have to go and live with those wild dragons. Luckily as I was running I stumbled on a life saver. No, literely I stumbled over a Stone egg, and barely missed the rest of the clutch. Draco was so glad I'd found the little abandoned things that she didn't seem to notice me and Scylla welcomed me back into the hatching cave with the new eggs. The eggs I almost killed and one of the ones I saved hatched earlier today, they're chewing on my vines trying to get me to play. I hoppe I don't squash any of them.

Dinapur.

Written by Dinapur Thorntalon.

The real reason why there's a dead Frill egg on my scroll.