Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Hmm. Today was interesting.

Kat told us that the lagmonster had returned, lashing his wiry tail side to side. I hope she won't have to leave again. It gets, well, boring around here.

She also came back with good news. In three days, breeding will be up again! I've never seen Snow or Winter so excited. I should have known. They've been trying for a spring egg for a while now. Besides the black egg that already his heavily defended, Kat said she managed to grab a red egg from the abandon pile. The two now sit together, and Shalia keeps her big sheild over them constantly.

Things have been boring while Kat's been gone. Valentina kept on flying out to scout the skys for her, while Ocean searched the seas. And Dudongo was chanting some 'She WILL come back... She WILL come back...' Old magi's gone crazy, that's what I'd say.

It was quite interesting to see Ribbona grow from a sweet little purple hatchling into the strong female that she is today during the Lagmonster's attack. I grew up right before her, although she always speaks as if she is older than I. Hhmph. She wishes.

Unfortunately, two eggs died from lack of warmth. It was a heavy loss. Sedi and Dwynyren lost a healthy stone egg, and I lost a half-brother. Sierra, my mother, was weeping when her egg perished.

At least everything's okay now. At least...

I hope.

~Arctus Frillus~

Edited by KjerneKat

I feel terrible.

Pain is just shooting through my body right now. I barely have enough energy to write this.

Let's start out from the beginning. I woke up, and everything seemed so bright and unnatural. Everything was blurry. I groaned, and then I closed my eyes again. I could hear Kat and Shalia's voices in the background.

"Do you think he'll be okay?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. He's a strong young male, he can fight it." Kat's higher pitched voice echoed through the caverns.

"A few jolts are still going through him." I saw what she meant. My claws kept on twitching, and I didn't know why.

Then I remembered.

The Lagmonster had burst through the cave, straight for the eggs. Kat had told us that everything was getting much better, so I guess he just wanted to take one final bit of revenge before he left. All of us jumped to the eggs, and Kat even used her Shapeshifter powers, which I've never seen her do. As a wolf, she looked pretty fierce.

So we fought, battling to keep it back. Two new frill eggs had been added to our pile, and one of those might be my mate. Infuriated, I rushed at the Lagmonster. Then, with a devious flick of it's wired tail, pain coursed through my body. I had been electrocuted.

As said before, I feel terrible.

~Arctus Frillus

chuckles* I found my newest hatchling's journal. Enjoy. She has pretty claw-writing....

Dear Parchment,

I'm so thrilled! I hatched and I have a new name--Satinblood. How beautiful of a name, could you ever imagine one so fine?

I could see our benevolent Styrana was relieved as she named me. I think it's because she didn't have to worry about me gendering wrong--I AM a Purple dragon!

Anyway, there are two--no, three now--other eggs in the cave. Two of those are almost to hatching, and I can't wait for playmates!! The other one.. is.. eerie. It's black with this green glow coming off of it!

Styrana keeps hoping it's an 'alt'. But then she notes that even if it doesn't hatch alt, she'll still keep it because 'black dragons are the cutest little things'.

Our owner is so silly!

From,

The newly named Satinblood!

Edited by Styrana

Dear Journal,

Renkun, our cave's head dragon, got me an actual journal! Yay!

Anyway, I now have a playmate. A mint named Herrara. She/He? Hatched during the night and this morning woke everyone with its squeaking. It's sooo cute!

Also, I think Styrana plans on keeping its line purebred. Cool!

From,

Satinblood

Well, I'm getting better. I'm suprised Shalia's been watching over me for so long. She keeps her big tail sheild right in front of the cave at all times. *chuckle* Who knew she'd be so protective?

Anyway, the muscle spasms have been dropping in frequency and intensite, and the electricity's almost out of my system. I do have a few bad burns, though, and for that reason, I'll have to stay longer.

I tried to walk around the cave for a little bit, just to stretch. Two of the eggs (the black and the red) have nearly hatched. I can't wait until they do. Firex is hoping for the red to be a female. "I need a mate," is what he told me. Of course, he wants to keep his line purebred. But what he doesn't know is that he's not even a purebred himself. Go figure.

Now that some cave's breeding is back up, Kat grabbed a few new eggs. Both of them are green with a golden marking on them.

Anyway, Shalia's nagging for me to get some sleep. Adios...

~Arctus Frillus

Dear Journal,

That numbskull Renkun gave my journal to Satinblood by mistake.. grrrr...

Oh well. Rising Cold here, and guess what?! Irie has me on youngling duty. I'm sitting here curled around two eggs, at least they're STARTING to crack....

And that annoying black hatchling--Flickchan's apprentice--Has disappeared off to somewhere.

Apprentice you ask? Well, Renkun has implemented having apprentices for different dragons based on their talents. Since Flickchan is head fighter as well as Alpha Female, she got an apprentice to help her train our dragons in self-defense--The lagmonster could come back, you know?

Irie has been bugging Renkun for a healer's apprentice. Why can't she bug our leader to get me a BREAK?!

EURGHH!!! Now I know where the black hatchling ran off to. It got into Styrana's bathing supplies she keeps to wash the hatchlings. Better stop the thing before it starts breathing flaming soap bubbles for the rest of the day...

Help me,

Rising Cold

This is my journal, I make ones by my dragons will be when one of my springs gets a hole.

I have found that spring has arrived and all of the dragons are playing joyfully since not one of them has ever encountered it;I have also manged to breed SkyLife and Winters Spirte for a spring egg and succeeded, while I then bred FrostySpirit and Frillosaurus for a spring egg too. Later I then grabbed a Spring from the cave and went to bed. At the moment I am watching the dragons play out side and listening to the birds, there is still a chill, but it is spring now.

Mageziya

Edited by Mageziya

Dear Diary,

It's been kind of weird around here for the past... I don't know, maybe a month or so? First, Sasha disappeared. Then everyone suddenly became unable to breed... According to that speedster Tabellarius, this actually happened not just in our cave, but in caves all over the world! What kind of force could just stop breeding like that? But the good news is that the spell seems to be over and everyone's routines are back to normal (and Sasha came back, too). We've already had one new egg (not from Charlissa and I, unfortunately): congratulations to Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream and Mountain of Faith on the new Earth dragon egg. (Where does she get those names from?) Sasha also picked up a new black egg and a green egg with a yellow mark on it. I haven't seen that second egg before. I wonder what it will hatch into?

By the way, it seems that everyone else's "routines" have resumed as well, judging from the HUGE amount of eggs blocking that one cave Sasha goes off to. I don't think I've ever seen so many eggs in one place before... Well, everyone just decided they had catching up to do, I guess.

-Asceron

another journal by me.

It has grown a bit warmer but not a lot. I recently obtained a rare drink dragons love, but in a low tech area is hard to obtain. After I gave all the dragons a bit I began to wonder, the world of dragons is kept secret from world of reality and in the world of dragons how some have more high tech stuff, and others, like me, have low tech, but I have be noticing that hunters are coming closer to my area. I fear it is only a matter of time before they convince people that the golden scales they bring back are real dragon scales instead of shaped gold. For the meantime all is well, but I still worry about the hunters.

Mageziya

Edited by Mageziya

Journal Entry 523

Life is quiet and pleasant. Breeding efforts still produce no results. Trini's Storm has said that she saw several dragons in their journeys that showed signs of missing or absent caretakers. This is odd, as the strangeling has many ways of visiting us; not all of which involve her physical body. We're hoping that this ailment throughout the many dragon filled lands may be the cause for such failure in breeding.

Trini and Shadow are trying for a hatchling that takes after the father - a black that is stronger and darker, and hatches in a battle-ready curl. Poison and Silver are trying for one after the mother, those that are like the stones and yet not. Shrik'yiv is proving difficult again - the strangeling says she is not willing to wait for the spat between the pair to settle on its own, as it did with Silver's parents. She hopes to find another, less difficult female that would fit with our clan and the order we keep.

We still hope to one day be able to see a family spring from Bright'Sun and NewShine, that they too will know the joys of having their own young to care for. We have accepted other lost hatchlings, yet nothing can replace your very own egg. The same hope is echoed for Myst and Rosa.

The seasons have shifted, now, so we need a new dragon that can blend so perfectly with its surroundings. These clan members are handy in the jobs of hunting, surveillance and at times spying on potential threats; yet they are only so easily hidden for such work during their respective season.

Many of our hunters double in other jobs. Some don't, yet most do. There is plenty of food as the seasons shift and the sun is warm on our backs as we work and watch the young ones play. Several of the breeding females are on a hunt right now, as well as those that are rare, exotic and fiercely adept at carrying out planned group hunts.

For now, it is quiet. There are moments where we are attacked or we find a new threat to our home, yet they are few enough. The most exciting thing as of late was a large storm that occurred several weeks ago. It did a great deal of damage to Gateway and Ka'lin and several dragons were needed to help heal the old plant-dragons. They are well now, stronger than ever in a manner of speaking.

It made me proud to see so many of our clan coming together and especially grateful to see how the pair welcomed our help. They allow none but our own near them. It helped us to appreciate this bond we share all the more when the strangeling herself showed and spoke only that she knows when one of her own is in need.

The peace is good. The quiet is calming. Our love is strong. May it always be as it is now.

Edited by NewShine

Journal Entry 21 (Journal has been moved for 2 entries):

Hello, I am a Spring Egg. I was not "caveborn", but I heard Easter is coming up. My owner is saving room. He also got two black hatchlings from the "abandoned page". Doesn't he have enough blacks already? This place is swarming with them. Anyways, can someone click me? NAO? Thank you, and good luck.

Spring Dragon Egg

Edited by Dragcave Explorer

(I've decided to make my journals more realistic, at first very simple and then as they age more complex)

Entry 1

I see....

I hear...

where am I?......

I feel.... strange

Words by Spring egg

Written by it's father, FrostySpirit

Edited by Mageziya

Dear Journal,

Rising Cold here. I know, I haven't been able to write recently...

Maybe because we have 2 NEW HATCHLINGS?!

And Styrana is salivating over the Spring dragon egg she got from the AP.

How disgusting....... well, not literally salivating, of course.

At least Bloodrun, Flickchan's apprentice, is learning to be more mature. She grew her wings and now assists regularly with Flickchan's combat lesson classes.

The two new hatchlings are a Vine named Tangle Paw and a geode named Shinefoot. At least Shinefoot is the sort who is calm and doesn't move much, but not in the least lethargic. Tangle Paw, on the other hand, is very hyper and playful.

You know, I think I'm starting to have fun with youngling duty....

But I still can't acquire the respect and shake off the pity of the other dragons. No matter how much I try, i can't cure the fact that I'm a very small Storm dragon.

From,

Rising Cold

Entry 2

I see something, I see my parents, and sometimes a different dragon walking around.I hear chirping and smell a coldish,but sweet scent coming from the out side.I know about my father making a journal till I hatch, goodbye.

Words by SpringEgg

Written by it's father FrostySpirit.

Edited by Mageziya

Gif - We'll just have to wait and see. By the wai I think I have a new plan!

Oek - Plan?! Meet me at the drawrock and tell me!

Gif - 'Kay! [·.·]-n--n~

Haha, seems like your dragons are very micheavious. Good luck with them! ^^

The Diary of a forgoten hatchling.

(I didn't write this anywhere except here.)

I was in a place where each day the walls closed on me. I couldent see but I felt it. my claws were mush and my body was coming together from some sort of alien. I then saw a crack after months of trying to get out. it became bigger and bigger untill I hatched. once I did people grabed at me and tryed to get me pulling me in every direction then one owner came and spoke. "this hatchling needs to grow and I will help it." he picked me up and carried me to his cave of dragons. some were vampires and the tryed to grab me with their fangs while some were so poor they looked like they would die any day then there was the dead but arisen whom looked brainless and hopeless as well. once I got to my place it was a cage. many others were there,scared and looked just like the adults. I was fritened and I was hopless. this owner didn't come back till 5weeks passed. he said he was sick but no one is that sick for that long unless they went to the doctors. he gave us grass and so many piled to it to eat that I got none. he then looked at us and chose many. he threw them away letting them run while some died right there. months passed and I became one of them,starved,alone,afraid,and hungery. then he came for me. he spoke. "you are useless if your to sick to breed." he threw me and I ran off. I had no other chance left untill a little girl saw me. she smiled and seemed to glow. she spoke in a soft voice. "you look sick. let me help you." she picked me up and took me to her home. what a home it was. the cave was warm the dragons were livly and the dragons were free to run. she came ever 3hours to feed and help us. she putted me in a corner with a dragon whom was holy and beautiful. the dragon said to me. "hello younge one I shall be your protector and other adults will come to check on you and the others." I looked in side of her tail and livly eggs and hatchling were runing around and talking and playing. I walked wanting to go in side then the girl picked me up again. she said "no no no. your to sick. you need to be cared for. I shall get you your own protector so your sickness can't spread." and she did a purple dragon layed down and smiled at me. she spoke. "im your protector untill you get well. I shall be your freind." I smiled and was toke towards a table. it had medicen and food and many other things. the girl gave me a doll and said to squeze hard untill she said she was done. I felt a prick then I got a small bandage. she said I got medicen to help me get better. she then wraped my wings so I couldent waist my energy fliying instead of getting better. I was brought back to the purple dragon and thats all I can say. im still living with my owner in fact I have 2 children and a wonderful love whom is a weather dragon. im a purple dragon and my children are like they'er father.

from,

Lavender Sky

(not a real story but I have great imagination don't I.)

Entry 3

I am scared, something keeps staring at me through a hole in my place, I don't know what it is, and my parents seem to trust it, but either way, I don't, well, for now.

Words by spring egg

Written by it's father, FrostySpirit.

Edited by Mageziya

Dear journal,

It's kind of hard to see through the eye-searing brightness filling the cave, but when the spots leave my eyes sometimes I look around and see four other dragons that look exactly like me! What's with that? Mom always told me I was special!

(Taken from the notes of Silver Hatchling #5)

These clogged mah vaccum xd.png

Hello,Journal,

It's Twisterwing here. biggrin.gif We got a little black hatchie! His name is weird. blink.gif Charredfrill is bugging me out of my brain by scaring the hatchie, why is a mystery, he knows I'm just going to chomp his frills. My owners giving me a description! Hope it's approved. xd.png ACK! THERE HE GOES AGAIN! Gotta run.

TTYL~

Twisterwing.

Edited by Drako_tamer

Sorry, probably a really noobish question, but how do you get a journal for them? Or are you just writing these yourselves?

Sorry, probably a really noobish question, but how do you get a journal for them? Or are you just writing these yourselves?

Your writing them. ^.^

Unwarranted Self Importance's Journal

I've been watching the two eggs that have cracked open. Naturally, Sora-kun trusts me with them. Bad Day for Snails is just -so- incompetent and Would Buy From Again, ha! Don't make me laugh.

The Spring and Frilled eggs have yet to even crack. Such a shame... we shall see what happens!

-Unwarranted Self Importance

Hello, a new voice to the mix...

It is still raining. There is a hatchling asleep in the crook of my tail, another on my back and more underfoot. The torrential rain has kept us confined to the hut for days, and I think I might soon scream for want of some intelligent adult company.

Not Gambler, I said intelligent adult company. Gambler, the surrogate mother for this unlikely and ever-growing brood, is sweet tempered but vapid. It is impossible to have a conversation with her; you will either get mindless agreement or a vacant, blank look. She is a wonderful wet-nurse, but a wretched conversationalist.

Boredom is never home. He spends almost all his time aloft now, soaring far and wide over the fens and out towards the Wilderness. When he does return, he is covered in alien smells and full of strange, strange tales. Tales of dragons whose hides are the shiny gold of the precious coins Smoke keeps in her purse, of dragons with skins like moonlight on water, of dragons that live on blood and breed by poisioning the eggs of others. Are these tales true? I cannot tell. ONe day I will travel myself, learn for myself. But for now, I protect the clan.

The rain is easing. Time to shake little Darkness from my back, and go down to the lake, to bathe and wash off the ennui. And to plan my own travels.

- Summer.

Entry 4

I finally hatched! I was no longer afraid of the world around me so I decided to come out.I hatched so recently I'm still wet, or at least damp now. For the moment I am under the materiel of the nest with my parents in the nest. I've been in here since I hatched, but I did notice some other hatchlings in the distance that look like me, and a fabric cave that went into a wall of stone by them. I also found out the creature was a human and he named me.

Springs Spirit

Edited by Mageziya

Entry 5

After some time today I decided to explore the place. There was a slight chill in the air,but it was still warm. I saw another hatchling like me and chatted with it, it's parents were not never nervous with me.Soon I found out I was related to the hatchling.I soon walked into the fabric cave, I believe it was called a tent. saw a burned spot with stones around it on one side, and a rack rack with a red egg on it on the other side.In the center of it at the back was an entrance to something.I decided to take a peep and saw it was a stone hallway, going to other stone hallways, like a maze, I dared not to continue.

Springs Spirit