Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

asdfghg*puts on eye mask, duct tapes mouth, plugs ears, and hides in The Castle That Never Was bed*

Nope not starting not going there lalalalala.

Go find my rough timeline from a handful of pages ago. That's just me getting started. >w>

And ignore the fact that I said all that and this with supposed duct tape over my mouth.

Edited by NixAyum

Yes and no.

Considering they are physical beings, they probably have physical hearts. (Unless beneath the skin they are hollow, with black swirly stuff and they aren't really alive?)

I believe their memories create 'artificial' hearts. They react too quickly to not have hearts at all and just be pretending. I believe their memories set up a sort of instinct/reflex system that causes them to react in certain ways according to how their Others reacted. Roxas, for example, acts like Sora in some ways, though less strongly, since he is not actually feeling it, just instinctively reacting. The ending scene in Days, when Riku calls Roxas Sora demonstrates this - Roxas reacts instinctively how Sora would and to Sora's name.

However, Demyx's sarcastic nature is probably partially a personality he developed for himself from what his Other was like. In an effort to be 'human', Nobodies take what they have from their Others and build on it. Through practice, they create an outer face coupled with instinct to make their 'hearts'.

: D

*drags Nix out*

Edited by Shaddowwarrior

*Tapes Nix to a door*

I think that Namine and Xion are less substantial than the others because:

Xion is a conglomeration of powerful memories. It's the only reason why she is even tangible.

Namine is crazy unstable (not mentally, physically) due to the fact that she apparently doesn't have an actual body.

If Nobodies don't exist... They why are they there? They're made of physical matter. They interact with normal people with no problem. If they're a soul and body, that means that they exist.

What, you're telling me "existing" is figurative?

You know what, forget it. This whole subject made people's brains assplode from the pure ridiculousness of it. =/

Namine is crazy unstable (not mentally, physically) due to the fact that she apparently doesn't have an actual body.

Wait what? Namine is a ghost?

Nobodies do exist. They are defined as the body left behind when someone turns into a heartless (which is like, the darkness in a persons heart personified as a cute evil monster).

I believe nobodies are pretty much: Hollow Body, Memories, Willpower.

I don't really remember much about what was said about Namine.. except that she wasn't supposed to exist, because she was formed strangly due to Kairi's never turning into a heartless, but temp. losing her heart to Sora. Xion is a replica-which-fails, which is why she is always fainting.

So if Heartless are the darkness of peoples hearts given form, then what is it that they are supposed to devour? The light? If so, then why are the said to be attracted to people with powerful darkness in their hearts? Surely better targets would be those who have a heart full of light?

But if they go after those who have darkness in their hearts, they can join with that darkness and grow bigger and stronger.

Which is why Sora turned into just a little shadow - he had very little darkness, so he was little. Ansem was pure darkness, so he turned into a powerful, humanform heartless.

The heartless are attracted to the dark and fight the light.

You mean like, get absorbed into them?

As far as I know, the 'hearts' get eaten, and in the words of Captain Hook 'are lost forever'.

If all the Heartless did was absorb the darkness in other hearts, then there would never be any new heartless, only old ones getting stronger.

You're right.

Maybe they go after darkness to be with their own kind, and when they attack light they create new heartless, absorb the heart, and become bigger.

Either way, I think Sora was small because he didn't have much darkness.

Heartless are the manifestation of the darkness in a person's heart. The more darkness in a heart, the more powerful the resulting heartless. This is all after the owner of the heart has been successfully defeated by a Heartless of course.

We know the darkness in a persons heart becomes a heartless...then what does the heartless that attacks them eat?

Throughout the KH series it is said that the Heartless devour the hearts.

It has been proved that Heartless are attracted to those with whom the darkness is strong (and in some cases can be controlled by them), but what exactly happens when they attack a person and transform them into one of their own?

The is always the theory that the heartless devours the entire heart, digests the light and poops out the darkness into a new heartless, but then that would go against the whole 'being attracted to darkness thing'. If they eat the light, why go after the darkness?

I think the heartless eat the light, as you said, and the darkness turns into a new heartless.

They go after the stronger hearts so the new heartless are stronger.

Why would they care? By creating new Heartless they are creating new competion for food. I don't think most Heartless are smart enough to plan ahead anyway.

I don't think they need to eat. They 'feed' on the light, but it is never stated that heartless die of anything other than the keyblade/other weapons. I don't think light nourishes them or anything. No heartless or Nobodies are ever shown eating anything but icecream.

I think they just have instinct to grow stronger, as a group, so they are drawn toward making stronger heartless.

They go after hearts that have a lot of light too. Keyblade wielders generally have a big heart with little darkness, and heartless are always after keyblade wielders soo.

They go after hearts that have a lot of light too. Keyblade wielders generally have a big heart with little darkness, and heartless are always after keyblade wielders soo.

eh, isn't that because they are afriad of the keyblade? So they're like NO U and try to nom the keyblade master?

I keep hoping that with each new game they would lay some definite rules down about how the KH universe works, but it just seems to get more confusing each time.

At first I thought Heartless was what a person became when their heart was eaten by another Heartless (like a vampire bite or something).

But since Nobodies are now said to be the body left behind when a new heartless is created.

Just a theory (and probably complete bull) but what if a Heartless is what is left of a heart when the parts of you that make you you are eaten?

I was always under the assumption that when a Heartless corrupts someone's heart, the darkness in that heart becomes another Heartless and traps the light within. *shrugs*

I keep hoping that with each new game they would lay some definite rules down about how the KH universe works, but it just seems to get more confusing each time.

At first I thought Heartless was what a person became when their heart was eaten by another Heartless (like a vampire bite or something).

But since Nobodies are now said to be the body left behind when a new heartless is created.

Just a theory (and probably complete bull) but what if a Heartless is what is left of a heart when the parts of you that make you you are eaten?

I think that heartless is kind of like that. Nobodies are the body, the empty shell. Heartless are the darkness in the heart, or something along those lines.

So.. if heartless eat the light in the heart or whatever.. what do Nobodies do? Do they just kill you? Or what?

If all Nobodies are like those in Orgy 13, then maybe they covet hearts of their own again? They attack people with hearts to try and steal them, but kill them in the process?

Unless you have a Keyblade to fight them off with of course.

Anybody wonder what happened to the Heartless of the Orgy 13 bunch?

Yes.

Sora evidently only created a small heartless due to his large amount of light, while the very evil Xehanort produced HeartlessAnsem who is the only human form heartless shown.

My guess is that most if not all of them just produced average/strong heartless that eventually were defeated.

Alternativly, the special huge bosses maybe are there superpowerful heartless that weren't quite awesome enough to make a human heartless like Ansem.

So.. Saix could be Kurt Zisa.. Marluxia could be the phantom, etc.

The naming of Kurt Zisa always makes me lol.

I'm with you, fortune.

Why do I keep checking Wikipedia for a date for BBS when I know it won't have it?

Am I pathetic?