Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

Chain of Memories was the first game I played too. I thought it was awesome. But believe me, compared to KH and KH2, it is SUCKY. Not saying it's not awesome, it is, I am just saying that KH, KH2, and Days, are MUCH MORE AWESOME.

Chain of Memories was the first game I played too. I thought it was awesome. But believe me, compared to KH and KH2, it is SUCKY. Not saying it's not awesome, it is, I am just saying that KH, KH2, and Days, are MUCH MORE AWESOME.

I think the card battle system kinda ruined it for me.

card system ruined it for me, too. The greatest thing about KH was the button mashing. The battle system was uncomplicated and fun. In CoM, they threw this complicated set of rules and card **** in front of your face. It's not like it wasn't hard to learn, but I am almost incapable of running around and shuffling through my deck at the same time. I will literally stand there and look for the card I'm going to use. And then I die.

If I wanna play strategy, I'll go play a game with a simpler battle system. Like Fire Emblem(MUCH harder than Kingdom Hearts, but the battle system isn't that hard to understand, at least)

It's not like it wasn't hard to learn, but I am almost incapable of running around and shuffling through my deck at the same time. I will literally stand there and look for the card I'm going to use. And then I die.

Same here lol.

In the end I resorted to spamming cloud combos. Fastest way to end a fight.

Edit: Except bosses. It took me forever to beat those guys.

OH NO! Not Riku again!

Edited by Fortune86

Hehe, my bad. Did you see...well, you know...THAT?

EDIT: Just found this. Awesome

Edited by surfingmullet

Uhh...Is it me, or is Xion really, REALLY adorable in the manga?

She's like a giant, humanoid stuffed bear, you just want to hug her.

She's so cute and tiny and young-looking. I want to squish her a little. <3

Thanks for the piano music! I wonder if I can find sheet music for it around? If not, I could always just listen and write it down myself, but that takes work and is bound to be riddled with errors. >< My ear's good, but not that good.

I need to finish Days (so I can understand Xion more). The intro is so boring I can barely pick the game up D:

Though it's still way better than Chain of Memories. I still can't get myself to beat that game (though I got further on the PS2 version than I have on the GBA version).

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Can we please stop mentioning Chain of Memories? That was 50+ hours of my life I will never get back.

Although I did want to kidnap and huggle Riku Replica....

Can we please stop mentioning Chain of Memories? That was 50+ hours of my life I will never get back.

Although I did want to kidnap and huggle Riku Replica....

Dude no I hate RR. He's such a complete dick. e.e

/stillhasn'tbeatenMARLOOZHAinRe:CoMyet

I need to GET Days and the DS to play it on durr and beat it because apparently it's pretty sweet and I want it. >>

If you haven't beaten Marluxia yet, then you won't have unlocked Riku's story right?

Edited by Fortune86

Riku's story was kinda disappointing.. the worlds were so flat and boring, and you didn't even get to do your own deck.. >.< Doing combos with Micky was fun though.

I'm apparently one of the only few who doesn't think Days is amazing.

Or maybe it is, and I just have to get through the obnoxious introduction/teaching stage.

(which has actually happened to me before with games; I have a hard time getting through the intro because it's so boring and then I get to the real game and it's amazing)

My problem with the not-really-main-story games (the handheld ones) is they just recycle levels and characters (for the most part). It's kind of annoying to see the same Disney worlds over, and over, and over again.

Could they not get the license for anything new for the handheld games? I mean seriously, it would have been nice to see a new world...

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

(which has actually happened to me before with games; I have a hard time getting through the intro because it's so boring and then I get to the real game and it's amazing)

A bit like Persona. The intos take forever. P4 was over two hours long before your first fight.

I actually seem to remember that happening with the first Kingdom Hearts game

(played it before really all the hype started, or at least before I heard the hype).

Sometimes it's like, did they intend to make a movie or were they really trying to make a game?

(but of course I stuck through the intro, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here xd.png)

I actually hung out much, much longer in Destiny Islands then you are really supposed to before I started the game. I got it for a Christmas present and had so much fun beating up Selphie Sora was at lvl 15 before the shadow attack >.> <.<

(((I was a late bloomer too tongue.gif))

Edited by Fortune86

Of course thinking about it, I grew up with a NES/Super NES and systems like that.

A lot of the old games there really wasn't a story, and if there was a story, you got like 30 seconds of it, and then it was all gameplay.

So it's no wonder I get impatient with games like KH with really, really long intros

(think of how I felt for KHII's intro!)

KH2's intro really is annoying, isn't it? The first half hour was almost all cutscenes. I literally said to the video game, "Can I do something now?" 'Cause Roxas was, like, going everywhere in cutscenes and I felt like I had absolutely no control whatsoever -.-'

I never had a problem with the other intros, mostly cause I was still learning the games, but KH2's was really, REALLY annoying to me for some reason. dry.gif

Edited by Pteprocks

Yah, it was just too long. I was like "Ok, when can I start playing the game now please?"

I don't mind cutscenes, but like you said, it's like you didn't get to really do anything for the first half-hour/hour of the game.

Once you got into the game it was good, but it was so hard to get through the intro.

I was never really interested in such a series of games; I've always leaned towards other RPGs.

I need to finish Days (so I can understand Xion more). The intro is so boring I can barely pick the game up D:

Trust me, the first act of the game is build-up, getting you to know the characters and plant the seeds of the plot in your mind. Around the second or third act is when the plot starts slamming you in the face with awesomeness.

Yah, it was just too long. I was like "Ok, when can I start playing the game now please?"

I don't mind cutscenes, but like you said, it's like you didn't get to really do anything for the first half-hour/hour of the game.

Once you got into the game it was good, but it was so hard to get through the intro.

I have a tendancy to stop with games, but for me it's half way. I stopped at Hollow bastion.

And I think I sometimes enjoy side questing in games more than storyline following in some games. That may be why I loved FFF:CT So much. Minigames and glorious plot.

Edited by minkymy