Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

xd.png It has been confirmed it will be coming out in Europe, just not WHEN...

I'd estimate about a month after the US release, which is in May.

Edit: BBS is coming out in Japan tomorrow! biggrin.gif

Edited by Pteprocks

xd.png It has been confirmed it will be coming out in Europe, just not WHEN...

I'd estimate about a month after the US release, which is in May.

*strangled squee* will control not-so-inner fangirl..

I need money... I'm never gonna have a PSP in time for BBS. Maybe if I wait and buy Dissidia later.. but I still don't have any money.

Does it ever make you mad the Japan gets the best games before we do? It drives me insane!!

Now you know where I'm going to live when I'm older.

I've never really understood why people do this. Like, I know you don't have the system, but I always preferred waiting to actually play it than to spoil myself.

The logic behind it is that they don't or can't play it themselves. I'm the later, because I know we'll never have a PSP. NO ONE in my family will EVER buy a psp for some reason, not to mention the frickin recession(sp).

Edited by minkymy

Larxene is like Bellatrix in Harry Potter. The Villian you love to hate.

Saix is like Lucios Malfoy. You just hate him.

Lolwat.

I don't like Larx... like period. But Bellatrix amuses me, and I do love to hate her.

But I luffs Saix. I hate Lucius. owo

Oh snaps new page!

Edited by NixAyum

I think Larxene is Psycho blink.gif

I don't really care for Saix myself but I PWN him every time I fight him biggrin.gif

My favorite member of the organization is Zexion. I dunno why... He's just cool. I just wish he weren't so weak in days dry.gif

My favorite member of the organization is Zexion. I dunno why... He's just cool. I just wish he weren't so weak in days dry.gif

His limit pwns. Although his physical is kinda.. I wish in the mission mode they had given the org members some kind of 'ability' or something that they used in the game (besides just their limits)

The only organization member I don't like is Lexaus(?). I on't really dislike him, he is just kinda boring.

My favorites are Zexion, Luxord, Xigbar, Saix, Demyx, Marluxia, and Larxene.

So.. most of the org.

Anti-Saix is so hard. >.< I didn't have any trouble with normal Saix, and even Anti-Riku wasn't too bad. But Anti-Saix is hard.

I LOVE playing the last mission over and over with double-keyblade Roxas (in story mode, so I'm powerful).

Who do you think deserves a hug the most? I'd say either Xion or...actually, just Xion.

Mansex, obviously.

**WARNING: LONG, SUPPRESSED FRUSTRATION INDUCED RANT AHEAD!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!**

I like the Kingdom Hearts games. I really do. (Did I post on this subject already? I can't remember and I don't feel like checking, so oh well. *shrug*) I like the game play and the characters and the being able to interact with my favorite Disney characters while at the same time having Final Fantasy characters for eye candy.

However, I do have a few somethings that I need to get off my chest.

First off: The Nobodies

Am I the only one who sees how completely WARPED the concept of these guys is?! Seriously, they make NO SENSE! I have tried to apply logic to their existence time and time again, and every time I come to the conclusion that that their creation was half-a**ed and/or rushed! Look, I'll prove it.

In the first game, we meet our original monsters and main force of action, the Heartless. And we are told, more than once mind you, that a Heartless is a person who has lost their heart to darkness. In short:

Person - Heart = Heartless

Simple, right?

Wrong, apparently, because in Kingdom Hearts 2 (or possibly Chain of Memories, which I haven't played) we are introduced to a second form of monster: the Nobodies. Now, according to Yen Sid, the games' resident "wise old magician" character, the Nobodies are the empty shells that are left behind when someone with a strong heart becomes a Heartless. The spirit and body that goes on without a heart.

But wait! Wouldn't a being without a heart be a Heartless?? If anything, Nobodies should be the heart with no spirit, not the other way around!!

I suppose the main issue I have with the Nobodies is the amount of inconsistency that they introduced into the games. Things that were stated in the first game and therefore should have been the foundation for future games were tossed out the window, seemingly without a backward glance.

Now don't get me wrong here, I like the Nobodies as characters. I think they really add something to the games, a level of depth. I just also think that someone on the creative team got a little lazy when they were created.

Whew! I think that's quite enough of that. I could go on about this for quite a bit longer, but I think it's time I moved on to my second pet peeve.

Second Issue: The Animation/Music

Alright, I do willingly admit that most of the animation in these games is beautifully done, and the music is very nice. So where is my problem, you ask? The minute I had to use the phrase "most of the animation." There are patches in KH1 and KH2 where you can truly tell that the artists were half-a**ing their work, that they were doing it because that had to do it, not because they wanted to. This shows up the most, I think, in the characters' facial expressions.

You can sometimes go through an entire world without some of the characters changing their facial expressions even ONCE. Don't believe me? Replay the Deep Jungle from KH1 again and count the number of times Clayton changes his expression. (That cheesy grin in the tent doesn't count because of the sheer amount of LAZY that went into it.) Or Scar or Rafiki, from the Pride Lands of KH2. Any of the villains or stock characters, really. I bet you get a number less than what you were expecting.

I really don't have as much to say on the music as I do on the others, because for the most part I like it. It's actually the lack of music in some parts that I dislike.

When the team at Square decided to redo some of our favorite scenes from Disney in video game form, it seems that someone forgot that close to HALF of the awesomeness of those scenes came from the awesome MUSIC we heard in the background. Honestly, what were they thinking?! Simba roaring over his new pride means very little without the dramatic music (and the dramatic rain, but I think that goes back to my animation issue.) There are other issues like this throughout the games, but it's late and I can't think of them.

Night All!

Edited by NightingaleSwiftwing

Okay, on the Heartless issue, yes, that did bug me too. But after seriously thinking about it(and reading the Ansem Reports and also what Saix said) I came to this conclusion: Heartless actually do hold hearts. They are, as Yen Sid put it 'Darkness of the heart made real' When someone becomes a Heartless, it is the darkness in their heart that becomes the Heartless, trapping the light of the heart within it(although I'm not sure how this applies to the 'pureblood' Heartless like Shadows, since they don't release hearts when they are killed by the keyblade.

So, someone loses their heart. poof, the heart becomes a Heartless. Then the empty shell left behind is reborn as a Nobody(and I don't think this transformation has anything to do with the strength of the heart and will- I think everyone becomes a Nobody when they lose their hearts, but only the strongest retain their sense of self. There are simply too many Nobodies, and I highly doubt all those people with strong hearts and wills were turned into Heartless. There have to be some pushovers in there, since there are weak Nobodies like Creepers and Dusks.)

I see it like this:

Heartless: The darkness that remains of the heart when its light is devoured.

Nobodie: The body & soul of the person of have lost their heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True Heartless (like shadows): No light in there whatsoever, because it was eaten.

Artificial Heartless (Ones that have the mark): The light has been separated from the darkness, but is still there, thus forcing the heart to assume the shape of a heartless. Once it is defeated, the light and darkness rejoin to form the heart again.

I think mostly like Seraphinu in that HL are the manifested darkness in people's hearts that gets released when someone loses their heart. HL have a heart inside, but it's latent and is released upon the darkness being destroyed. Nobodies are the soul/spirit/memories/body/whateveryouwannacallit of a person that is reborn when they lose their heart.

However, what of unversed? What could they be?

in other news:

My friend got me a KH Cloud cellphone charm as a late Christmas gift! Now if only I could find my phone.

I would hug all of Sora - every last piece. not even Roxas would be able to escape.

Edited by minkymy

However, what of unversed? What could they be?

in other news:

My friend got me a KH Cloud cellphone charm as a late Christmas gift! Now if only I could find my phone.

I would hug all of Sora - every last piece. not even Roxas would be able to escape.

From what I heard, they are beings with hearts and bodies but no souls. Since souls provide some of the more important memories and sense of self and identity the Unversed are literally 'unversed' in their existence, and can't control emotion.

Hearts and bodies but no souls? What are they? Vampires? blink.gif

Meh, I think vamps have souls. In-game logic sounds to me like they're just creatures with no personality, driven like HL are to some purpose.

I suppose we shall find out when the game comes out happy.gif.

God lord, both BBS & FF13 come out in March and I have two Persona games I have to complete before then.

Unversed are beings born from the darkness in people. Copy-and-pasted from the talk page for Unversed on the Kingdom Hearts Wikia:

The Unversed appear to be the creation of Vanitas, who is the creation of Master Xehanort (with Ventus' help). Vanitas, being made of all of the Darkness that was extracted from Ventus' Heart, is possibly the first Unversed. The Unversed, as you know, are considered the opposite of human life. In the KH Universe, humans are denizens of the Realm of Light. Vanitas, though extracted from a human, is pure Darkness and therefore cannot be a denizen of Light. Thus making him a human from the Realm of Darkness, which would overall make Vanitas a sort of 'anti-human', or the opposite of Human life. Because Vanitas is comprised only of Darkness, it is implied that he would have some control over it and could even influence the Darkness into consciousness and form as the Unversed.

*goes on a tangent about Anti Sora* Mmmmm anti...

Well damn, I thought that was basically what HL were, the darkness. Granted, HL are made when a heart is released but Unversed are pure darkness... just made from darkness?

When the next KH game comes out it better comes with a spotters guide to baddies.

Maybe in a collectors set thingy. Like blizzards battle chest.

I only have the game boy version "chain of memories" and it gets really boring after 3-4 hours. But i still think its OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.