Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

MARY SUE IS RIGHT!

OMG! I spent soo much time comming up with my own ...mary sue (well she is one after all) but I was very careful to make her original - no keyblade, no crazy backstory, her own title (flurry of dancing flames, ect) what her weapons/elements were, no crazy hair.....her name was Xiasra - the whole rant of mine right here!:

http://xiasra-xv.deviantart.com/journal/21029929/

user posted image

Yes I drew this myself.

Xion drives me nuts! you can tell..... dry.gif

Edited by Astaroshe Asran

MARY SUE IS RIGHT!

OMG! I spent soo much time comming up with my own ...mary sue (well she is one after all) but I was very careful to make her original - no keyblade, no crazy backstory, her own title (flurry of dancing flames, ect) what her weapons/elements were, no crazy hair.....her name was Xiasra - the whole rant of mine right here!:

http://xiasra-xv.deviantart.com/journal/21029929/

user posted image

Yes I drew this myself.

Xion drives me nuts! you can tell.....  dry.gif

Again, do you know what Xion DOES?! Or what the hell she actually IS?! I WOULDN'T EVEN CALL THAT, THAT POOR THING A NO-

A certain blond: Shut up. Spoilers are BAD.

Okay.

I'm not angry, just... Irritated that people are ignoring what a beautiful Deconstruction Nomura created. He took all the elements of an anti yaoi, organization XIII Mary Sue, and then... Warped her in the most depressing fashion yet. A horrible way to lose your friend for sure. If she was the Mary Sue all her haters portray her as... She... She would be In kingdom Hearts II. No one even mentions her in Kingdom Hearts II.

To figure out who that blond is, Take ALL the quotes that any KH featured blond has said in ALL their existences, and find the one that matches up to what they said here to some extent and is a shout out to one of their important scenes in another continuity.

Edited by minkymy

To be honest, I dislike it when they introduce something just to make a single story line more interesting, like with the last Harry Potter book. If the Deathly Hallows had been mentioned in any of the earlier books (even only in passing reference) I would have been happier, but JK just threw them in the last book to wrap everything up.

Xion was a plot device, nothing more. She hasn't been mentioned in any other KH game, so she was a bit of a waste of time really.

They gave a reason for that, though... kind of hard to remember someone who has been- I really wish there were spoiler tags here... urgh.

They gave a reason for that, though... kind of hard to remember someone who has been- I really wish there were spoiler tags here... urgh.

PM me?

Like on TVTropes? are you a fellow troper?

But Roxas could remember her anyway! It's not like Cloud's memories of Zack it's more like... well, something different.

Like on TVTropes? are you a fellow troper?

But Roxas could remember her anyway! It's not like Cloud's memories of Zack it's more like... well, something different.

I'm with you, Minkymy. I've had spoilers so I see more of Xion than just a 'throw in at the last minute' or 'plot device' thing. she's a character that Nomura came up with. she's every bit KH as Roxas or Sora.

^ She's a hell of a lot more tragic than Roxas or Sora, that's for sure. She basically came and made an entire game darker and sadder, like a tornado of depression.

And I'm a fan of Xion, if only because she was the greatest "plot device" I had ever seen. Her story was tragic, and she was fairly well written as the character you'd want to wrap up in a thick blanket and give a big fat hug. What eventually happened to her made me want to give myself a big fat hug.

One thing that has always puzzled me.

In the KH universe, a person's 'heart' is made up of their memories right? That's how Namine could manipulate Sora, by altering his memories (In KH:COM).

But nobodies don't have hearts. So how could Namine mapulate Roxas' memories?

One thing that has always puzzled me.

In the KH universe, a person's 'heart' is made up of their memories right? That's how Namine could manipulate Sora, by altering his memories (In KH:COM).

But nobodies don't have hearts. So how could Namine mapulate Roxas' memories?

Well, I always thought that Roxas had a bit of Sora's heart in him. And uh, it's actually the soul that has the memories, not the heart. That's how most Nobodies, excluding Roxas, can remember their pasts.

Oh...my bad.

I should really reply the game and refresh my own memories lol.

Although one thing I don't think they are consistant with is that they talk about memories in one's heart too. Maybe there are different kinds of memories?

Maybe like it Tsubasa Chronicles? there they have memories of the 'heart' and memories of the 'body'. Sometimes what the heart forgets the body remembers as a sort of instinct. I dunno. They should really be more clear on that.

The way I always understood it was that your memories were what made you 'you' and that 'you' was stored inside of your heart.

Other memories that didn't really effect 'you' (like writing or what the colour green looks like) were stored elsewhere, like in your mind/body.

Maybe when your 'you' memories are recorded, a faint imprint of them is left elsewhere (like on your soul), so that if the 'you' part of you gets stolen/goes missing, then although you have lost 'you' a part of yourself still remembers what it felt like to have a 'you'.

Like if you write on some paper, you sometimes leave an imprint of the words on the paper below.

But I could be wrong. laugh.gif

The way I always understood it was that your memories were what made you 'you' and that 'you' was stored inside of your heart.

Other memories that didn't really effect 'you' (like writing or what the colour green looks like) were stored elsewhere, like in your mind/body.

Maybe when your 'you' memories are recorded, a faint imprint of them is left elsewhere (like on your soul), so that if the 'you' part of you gets stolen/goes missing, then although you have lost 'you' a part of yourself still remembers what it felt like to have a 'you'.

Like if you write on some paper, you sometimes leave an imprint of the words on the paper below.

But I could be wrong. laugh.gif

This is why I love Kingdom Hearts. They don't exlplain everything and leave room open to speculate.

I like that idea... imprinted memories on the soul... maybe what they meant by the memories chained together in Sora's heart, were the most important memories- the ones he acted on, the ones that motivated him, and affected his emotions and feelings, and therefore, affected his heart? Whereas the memories of a Nobody are kind of like passing thoughts, like, 'oh, that happened to me, I remember who I was but it doesn't affect who I am now' kind of thing. Almost like them watching from the sidelines and not being involved.

I dunno. Does that make sense at all? Sometimes I have trouble putting my thoughts into comprehendable words. xd.png

This is why I love Kingdom Hearts. They don't exlplain everything and leave room open to speculate.

I like that idea... imprinted memories on the soul... maybe what they meant by the memories chained together in Sora's heart, were the most important memories- the ones he acted on, the ones that motivated him, and affected his emotions and feelings, and therefore, affected his heart? Whereas the memories of a Nobody are kind of like passing thoughts, like, 'oh, that happened to me, I remember who I was but it doesn't affect who I am now' kind of thing. Almost like them watching from the sidelines and not being involved.

I dunno. Does that make sense at all? Sometimes I have trouble putting my thoughts into comprehendable words. xd.png

I think I know what you mean.

The nobody can see the memories of the original (like in a movie) but is not affected by them (like a audience can not feel a movie characters pain or emotions).

I think I know what you mean.

The nobody can see the memories of the original (like in a movie) but is not affected by them (like a audience can not feel a movie characters pain or emotions).

You've never seen me watch movies, then. xd.png I always manage to get emotionally attatched to them and end up bawling my eyes out. xd.png Then again, that isn't the same thing, but you can still be affected by watching a movie-which is why I didn't put that reference in my post. xd.png

Edited by Seraphinu

You've never seen me watch movies, then. xd.png I always manage to get emotionally attatched to them and end up bawling my eyes out. xd.png Then again, that isn't the same thing, but you can still be affected by watching a movie-which is why I didn't put that reference in my post. xd.png

But wouldn't you react differently?

Take LOTR for example. Elrion watched whatshisname walk off with the ring rather than throw it into the fire and destroy it.

Me? I'd have pushed the bugger into the volcano (with the ring) and told everyone he'd slipped.

But wouldn't you react differently?

Take LOTR for example. Elrion watched whatshisname walk off with the ring rather than throw it into the fire and destroy it.

Me? I'd have pushed the bugger into the volcano (with the ring) and told everyone he'd slipped.

Hm, true enough. xd.png those darn elves and their morals. xd.png

Then again, it wouldn't have made much of a movie lol.

Yep. So, the movie thing isn't a great example, but it applies the basics of they really aren't all that affected by the memories of their souls because they are sort of detatched from them without a heart.

The thing is it's hard to come up to come up with a example of something that could watch a movie, understand it and the motives behind it's characters, and not be affected by it in anyway.

The thing is it's hard to come up to come up with a example of something that could watch a movie, understand it and the motives behind it's characters, and not be affected by it in anyway.

Nobodies can be compared to sociopaths, in a sense, I guess. They pretty much have no conscience. They feel no remorse, regret, or anything. It's hard to peg them as wholly unfeeling(because they obviously do get angry when things don't go their way, like Roxas said in Days, Demyx would be very upset with you if you took away his Sitar, so he obviously 'feels' something)