Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

I heard it was set to release in Japan in January, But I have no idea about the US release.

I played it out of order though. I played I, II and then CoM. xd.png

I played 2, 1, and then just recently started Re: CoM. tongue.gif But keep getting killed on Trickmaster (FIRST WORLD WHAT THE SHEET?) and I haven't played it in a while.

I played both sides of COm and now I wouldn't touch it with a burnt stick. The stupid card system did my poor little head in. I only played it for the plot.

I cannot believe I wasted thirty dollars on a game I'm not even likely to ever finish. *sigh*

I want my KHII game back... my friend borrowed it. Now I want to play it again... >.<

I cannot believe I wasted thirty dollars on a game I'm not even likely to ever finish. *sigh*

I want my KHII game back... my friend borrowed it. Now I want to play it again... >.<

I never lend games out because I always want them back by the next day laugh.gif

I played 2, 1, and then just recently started Re: CoM. tongue.gif But keep getting killed on Trickmaster (FIRST WORLD WHAT THE SHEET?) and I haven't played it in a while.

Don't do them in the order you did in KH1. Do them in the order they naturally pop up. I believe Wonderland is really world four or something.

I like cheating KH2 with a gameshark. It's fun playing as Roxas against Twilight Thorn and Axel at the same time.

I want it... ;.;

Those abilites look freaking amazing. I do believe I recognized Strike Raid among them(great something I'm never gonna use, lol)

And OMG Lucifer. I want to beat him up. Bad kitty! >'D

I'm very close to lugging my heavy triple suitcase off the shelf, digging for my PS2, going through cardboard boxes to get Re: CoM, and go out to the living room and start a new game.

To procrastinate this damn paper.

I think it's aslo awfull, it's disney....

What does being Disney have to do with it being 'awful'? Have you even given this game a try? I mean, it sounded weird to me at first(even though I love Disney- the classic Disney films though)

But remember, it's not strictly Disney. It's also Square, and they are pure amazing. When I think KH, I do not think, 'oh that's Disney' I think of it as an original series. There is nothing wrong with classic Disney characters appearing in a game. Although I do admit that Disney kind of bogs down the game a bit, in the sense that they seem to hate original content in their respective worlds, but it's still good. I don't play the game for the Disney stuff- I play it for the original characters and the story.

In other words: Don't knock it 'till you try it.

@Nixayumin: Wow you must be desparate if you are pulling out Re:CoM, lol. I'm not likely to ever finish that game, xd.png. I'm good at strategy, but the card system... gah. I prefer hack n' slash. If I want to do pull my hair out strategy, I'll go play Fire Emblem. Because at least you can sit there and stare blankly at the screen forever before you do anything. xd.png

Edited by Seraphinu

Well, to be honest, the game is pretty awful, just because of its complete and total lack of internal consistency and its butchery of the Final Fantasy characters (Aerith's character derailment is something that's been going on for a long time, so it only bothered me a little, but Cloud and Leon? *facepalm*).

However, I found it to be entertaining anyway. The gameplay is fun and the storyline is cute, if you can ignore the glaring errors. Just don't take it seriously and it'll be fun!

Well, to be honest, the game is pretty awful, just because of its complete and total lack of internal consistency and its butchery of the Final Fantasy characters (Aerith's character derailment is something that's been going on for a long time, so it only bothered me a little, but Cloud and Leon? *facepalm*).

However, I found it to be entertaining anyway. The gameplay is fun and the storyline is cute, if you can ignore the glaring errors. Just don't take it seriously and it'll be fun!

What internal inconsistancy? That game is pretty consistant with the way it works. When they add new things they tend to explain them in a way that makes sense. Maybe because you didn't take it seriously you missed those things?

What internal inconsistancy? That game is pretty consistant with the way it works. When they add new things they tend to explain them in a way that makes sense. Maybe because you didn't take it seriously you missed those things?

Are you suggesting that it would be a good idea to take KH seriously? xd.png I haven't played CoM or 352/8 Days, so if some of my quibbles are explained there, feel free to tell me.

I found the explanation of "the Darkness" to be pretty flimsy. And the entire "sealing of worlds" in KH2 didn't sit right with me--too much of a rip-off of the first time around but with an even worse excuse. Actually, the whole "princess of heart" thing bothered me, but for reasons that have nothing to do with internal consistency, so I won't mention it here. How is it that Sora's Heartless becomes human again in time for the end of KH1 but he's shown totally catatonic in the beginning of KH2, before Roxas becomes part of him again? Is there some kind of time period in which a person can still function before they fall apart the way Sora ended up doing anyway? If there is, we never see it again. (Also, how is Roxas able to talk to Namine through Sora at the end of KH2? DiZ said that Roxas would be "no more", implying that he would be completely assimilated, but his manifestation suggests otherwise.) Why is it directly stated that Nobodies are incapable of emotions when it is repeatedly shown that they are capable? (Don't tell me that "echoes of emotion" stuff; they don't act like they're acting out previously felt emotions. They act like it's the real thing, with an intensity equal to or greater than most of the Somebody characters show. Also, how would they remember what emotions feel like if they apparently forget everything else?) How did Kairi get to Destiny Islands from Hollow Bastion if travel between worlds wasn't possible at that time? Why did KH2 decide to retcon things and call it Radiant Garden instead of Hollow Bastion anyway?

And then there's the issue with how much Sora flip-flops between being a nice kid and being a complete and total jerk, but that's a YMMV thing. I found the portrayal of Final Fantasy characters to be disappointing too, but that's not so much a matter of internal consistency as crossover consistency, and anyway the Square characters are just there to lure in the crazed fangirls anyway.

Are you suggesting that it would be a good idea to take KH seriously? xd.png I haven't played CoM or 352/8 Days, so if some of my quibbles are explained there, feel free to tell me.

I found the explanation of "the Darkness" to be pretty flimsy. And the entire "sealing of worlds" in KH2 didn't sit right with me--too much of a rip-off of the first time around but with an even worse excuse. Actually, the whole "princess of heart" thing bothered me, but for reasons that have nothing to do with internal consistency, so I won't mention it here. How is it that Sora's Heartless becomes human again in time for the end of KH1 but he's shown totally catatonic in the beginning of KH2, before Roxas becomes part of him again? Is there some kind of time period in which a person can still function before they fall apart the way Sora ended up doing anyway? If there is, we never see it again. (Also, how is Roxas able to talk to Namine through Sora at the end of KH2? DiZ said that Roxas would be "no more", implying that he would be completely assimilated, but his manifestation suggests otherwise.) Why is it directly stated that Nobodies are incapable of emotions when it is repeatedly shown that they are capable? (Don't tell me that "echoes of emotion" stuff; they don't act like they're acting out previously felt emotions. They act like it's the real thing, with an intensity equal to or greater than most of the Somebody characters show. Also, how would they remember what emotions feel like if they apparently forget everything else?) How did Kairi get to Destiny Islands from Hollow Bastion if travel between worlds wasn't possible at that time? Why did KH2 decide to retcon things and call it Radiant Garden instead of Hollow Bastion anyway?

And then there's the issue with how much Sora flip-flops between being a nice kid and being a complete and total jerk, but that's a YMMV thing. I found the portrayal of Final Fantasy characters to be disappointing too, but that's not so much a matter of internal consistency as crossover consistency, and anyway the Square characters are just there to lure in the crazed fangirls anyway.

1. Sora is an idiot. A lovable one, but an idiot. A naive idiot. Naivete makes people into jerks sometimes, no?

2. The people who named the games where weird. KHII is actually the third game. The true second game is CoM. It's at the end of THAT game that Sora goes all catatonic.

3. Roxas is weird like that. Some suggest that the heart of the Roxasoid Character in Birth By Sleep (prequel side game) Ven move to Sora's body, and that's why Roxas is all special. Others Say it's cause Sora is the Keyblade weilder.

4. It's hard to make truly emotionless characters. But they could all be trained in acting. Or they remember and act accordingly.

5. Nobodies actually remember their human lives. It's a key fact in 358/2 days that Roxas has NO memories of being sora.

6. THE STORM THAT TELEPORTED EVERYONE ELSE (If you speak of KH1) OR THAT AXEL KIDNAPPED HER (KHII). use fridge logic.

7. The FF characters are not the originals. They just have the same appearences and personalities. MOST EXTREME EXAMPLE: Axel is Reno according to Tetsuya Nomura.

8. Radiant Garden is a pretty name! *w*

And that's mah fact sheet of DOOM!

Not some magic book.

Are you suggesting that it would be a good idea to take KH seriously? XD I haven't played CoM or 352/8 Days, so if some of my quibbles are explained there, feel free to tell me.

Sora's Heartless was very special, as was Ansem's(Xehanort's, whatever). Me and my sister speculated that this was because their transformation was voluntary, and therefore they retained some conciousness or sense of self, allowing Ansem/Xehanort to plan and such, and Sora to find his way back to Kairi.

DiZ doesn't know everything. He's also kind of a jerk. Roxas and Namine are very special Nobodies, being that a)Sora chose to become a Heartless and was returned to normal in a very brief period of time B) Kairi has a pure heart and no Heartless was produced when she lost her heart c) Said heart migrated into Sora due to such close proximity as well as the bond that they shared d) they are quite possibly the only Nobodies who's true selves still exist, therefore it would have been impossible for DiZ to know whether or not they would disappear or simply join with their original selves and still have some sense of individuality.

As for the Nobodies- it is impossible for the human mind to grasp the concept of nothing. So it's pretty hard to imagine someone with no emotions without them having some sort of conciousness. Me and my sister(and friend) came up with the theory that their souls give them at least an echo of their old selves, and this causes them to act in a similar way. Roxas seemed to feel strongly because he held a piece of Sora's heart within him(but none of his soul, accounting for his lack of memory. All other Nobodies remember who they used to be- Roxas and Namine are the only ones who don't because their true selves still exist with their souls intact.

Radiant Garden is not retconning. It is a revelation that is hidden. Not the same thing. When a world like that falls to pieces, isn't it easy to imagine it losing its 'identity'? Therefore, is it that hard to imagine it having a different name? Could you imagine a horrible place like Hollow Bastien still being called Radiant Garden?

And as far as the Final Fantasy characters go; no, you shouldn't consider them the exact same person. What they experienced in the series of the games makes them different from their counterparts in their respective games. Axel is Reno's KH incarnation, but is obviously not Reno from FF VII- it is revealed in Days that his true name is Lea.

Cloud is a good example of a changed character. Obviously Cloud has different experiences in KH because Aerith never dies. So you cannot say that he is the same person as the Cloud in FF VII.

Edited by Seraphinu

What are the theories we have so far about the Roxas/Ven/Sora thing?

A long time ago someone somewhere else was all 'VEN IS THE FATHER BAM' and then we were showed it was only a 10 year difference and kid Sora and Rikku were shown on the DI beach and everyone went 'NOOBFAIL'.

I've also heard one stupid person say Ven is Roxas and everyone facepalmed.

So I have nothing contributory. >> *runs away*