Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

I'm used to hearing people hate on games since my favorite is Final Fantasy VII. People tend to become elitists and hate on popular games saying they're "overrated". Something people don't realize is that they can't back up WHY they think it's overrated. You know why? Because it's an opinion. Why doesn't it deserve to be as popular as it is right now?

This game isn't focused on just kids, adults, hardcore gamers or casual gamers. It's focused on almost anyone. It's easy enough for kids and casual gamers to understand and play and yet has enough depth for adults to enjoy. It also has cameos from several FF games just for the hardcore RPG fans.

If you really think it's overrated, look closely at the reason it's so popular. Almost everyone's watched Disney movies when they were kids. When I was in elementary school my favorite cartoon was Aladdin. Hell, when I was in high school I liked Lilo and Stitch.(Didn't come out until KH2 though) To top everything off I've been a Final Fantasy fan since the nes so when I first heard about Kingdom Hearts I was really excited. The game blew up, yeah... but it isn't a surprise when there are so many people that love Disney, so many people that love Final Fantasy and so many people that just love a good wholesome fun game.

So yeah... whatever. You guys go ahead and bash all you want. tongue.gif

I'm curious as to what people always seem to think is so wrong with Disney. Hell, I'm 22 and still have all of my VHS copies of the few I have - y'know, the big white plastic cases of old. I even rewatch them on occasion when the mood strikes me. And my favorite cartoon movie is still the animated Robin Hood...I really need to find a copy of that now that I think of it.

Though I think most people's problem with Disney is that they see it as childish (at least that's what always seemed the problem to me with the people in my high school years ago). What's wrong with childish, I ask? Well...I know what's wrong with being childish. More what I mean is: what's wrong with keeping a little bit of your childhood with you? What's wrong with hanging on to a little of what was...a little of the magic of youth?

And...stopping now before I get any further into the beginnings of a rant. >_>

I'm totally with you on that MistaCloudStrife...I freakin' love the game. xd.png

And dude...Disney is awesome. I still have a bunch of VHS of Disney movies myself, lol!

I loved it.

But...

If it didn't have Disney characters AT ALL...I would've liked it better. :\

I love KH, both 1 and 2. My little sis is getting a DS for Xmas from me so I'll buy her the ds game when it comes out.

KH3 will only come out on PS3, Ps2 games arn't being made anymore, however by the time it comes out the consoles will have gone down in price, I can't see it being released for another couple of years, somore people will have one. They are so expensive, I saved for 8 month and got one last week, Ive only got 1 game though b/c thy're £40-£50 each.

KH II was my fav, but I don't think I'll be playing KH 3 anytime soon. It looks like too much like a war game, which equates boring to me.

KH II was my fav, but I don't think I'll be playing KH 3 anytime soon. It looks like too much like a war game, which equates boring to me.

Don't worry KH3 wont be coming out for a long time.There are other games coming out instead.(kingdom hearts Re:chain of memories,Kingdom hearts Coded,Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep,and kingdom hearts 358/2 days.

IMO kingdom hearts is the greatest game made by square-enix.

Edited by Obito Uchiha

Nobody mentioned KH for GBA? blink.gif

It was awesome. I have 2 of them. Me and my brother play with each other.

If you played KH2 without playing the GBA version, you would be a bit confused on whats happening.

If you played KH2 without playing the GBA version, you would be a bit confused on whats happening.

They're actually remaking it in 3D like the real KH games and putting on the PS2. And you can still understand the game without playing Chain of Memories. You would be a bit confused if you didn't play the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix as well since it has Axel near the end of the game too. Not to mention that nice little battle sequence showing Cloud and Sephiroth fight too.

They're actually remaking it in 3D like the real KH games and putting on the PS2.

Thats what I said KH Re:Chain of Memories a.k.a Re:CoM.And Final Mix didn't make a difference at all.You didn't need it to understand what was happening in KH2

Uhh... that was my point. You don't need to play either game to understand KH2. I guess I should have put more emphasis on "a BIT confusing".

I love KH! it is the reason I got a ps2. Winnie the pooh epicness factor is = Master Chief. I did feel a little weird playing the atlantica level in KH2.....

Because I don't have a PS2, the only KH game I've played was Chain of Memories.

I love it though, and I can't wait until 358/2 days comes out. I'm stalking my first forum (Kh-vids) and waiting...

I love KH! it is the reason I got a ps2. Winnie the pooh epicness factor is = Master Chief. I did feel a little weird playing the atlantica level in KH2.....

I'm good at DDR so it didn't feel as akward... it's a mini game that kids would enjoy playing. I would rather build and create an ultimate gummy ship, while others of a different age might want to sing with Ariel. xd.png

i want disney to open a new park in florida called kingdom hearts and have it be a geared to teens and young adults with rollercoasters and such.

Would work well too, each land themed to a different world and if set up right allow them to close a section and completely redo it if that movie falls out of favor for a new movie.

Imagine walking into traverse town as the main entrance hub and seeing neoshadows and sora and cloud and sepheroth walking around

OMG yes! That would be so amazing! I love Disney so much. The Kingdom Hearts games are my absolute favorites ever. I play them all the time, and I'm so excited for Chain of Memories in December!

Eh. Kingdom Hearts is so awesome when you first play it you don't really realize how little sense it makes.

And...KH2 was worse. Now, don't get me wrong- I LOVE the games. Just...when you really try to think it out, it stops making sense.

It's an AU game with it's own universe. It doesn't need to make sense in our own world terms since this is a game based in the Disney universe.

It's an AU game with it's own universe. It doesn't need to make sense in our own world terms since this is a game based in the Disney universe.

Hey. Even so, the plot makes NO sense. In relation to anything. It's kind of wandering around, lost somewhere.

I'm just saying, there was sort of an idea to start with, then it got lost somewhere.

Eh. Kingdom Hearts is so awesome when you first play it you don't really realize how little sense it makes.

And...KH2 was worse. Now, don't get me wrong- I LOVE the games. Just...when you really try to think it out, it stops making sense.

Connected worlds being taken over by evil. One person chosen by the side of good to stop it. Said person wields powerful object. Yada, yada, yada, battles and such. Evil is thwarted in the end.

Makes sense to me.

It was pretty easy to comprehend imho. It's your basic light and dark, good vs evil concept. KH2 did get more confusing because they ended up retconning a few things from the original KH, but it still ended up making sense. Perhaps you might want to read translations from the Kingdom Hearts Ultimania. I understood a lot of what I came across, but for those that didn't get it, it's a useful tool to help you understand what the producers were thinking of when creating the game and gives insight on the entire game as a whole.

Alright, alright. *Insert weary laughter here*

I'm not saying it was CONFUSING, or hard to understand, just...well, cookie-cutter and lame.

War involving evil- check.

Kid who loses home, best friend, and girlfriend? Check.

Plot-relevant characters ALSO searching for someone important who just HAPPEN to run into said kid? Check.

Battles of epic proportion? Check.

Betrayal of kid by former best friend now gone evil? Also check.

I'm just saying it seems kind of lacking in some ways. It never mentions HOW Kairi got wherever the heck she is, only she's 'from somewhere else'. And about Rikku...

Well, I'm not saying it isn't a GOOD storyline either. The interactions are great, and just SEEING Squall/Leon emo-ing to Goofy is great. I really do LOVE the games.

But some of the storylines within the worlds get repetitive- go here, fight this, go there, fight that (oh I just can't wait to be king...) and a lot of the worlds are just condensed, edited and heartless-icized versions of the original content.

Hmm. Also- Org. XIII is the most useless set of villains ever. They are, admittedly, incredibly cool, imposing, and awesome, but they come out of nowhere for no reason at all. I suppose hopefully that will be remedied by Birth by Sleep and the other game, because they're a little out there for me. I GET the disney villains being evil.

But it made me sad that some stuff you start with takes a backseat to other things. Like- the sealing of the Keyholes in each world, which apparently has nothing to do with anything, because it doesn't actually stop the heartless at all. And...well, Ansem, Xemnas, and Xehanort never made sense, and were lovely convenient plotholes to bring in new villains.

And now I'm confusing myself...

IN SUMMATION. Plot started real simple, and good. Plot started to warp infinitely off into the space-time continuum. They made it unnecessarily 'deep' and 'powerful' by which I mean cliche. Even with an idea as original as Nobodies, Roxas is STILL an emotionless brat and Sora is the clueless idiot who gets to save the world after a heart-wrenching reunion with his boyfriend....er, BEST friend, Riku.

Eh.

Hey, guys. What level would you recommend I be at when I confront Cerberus? I think Sora is currently at 15, Donald at 13, and Goofy at 17. I'm having a bit of difficulty in scoring enough hits to beat him before my whole team runs out of potions and dies. :\