notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I name all my dragons of the same breed with the same theme. I really liked the code for my first Terrae, so I figure I'll name all my Terraes after their codes. His code is Ya6gi, his name is Yagi.

I only have one code I think is really cool, so obviously I had to use that one. A Moonstone with the code SEP22, so I named it Remember September.

haha XD If I named mine off, I'd take up too much space.

I have a Rosebud whose code was nEmKA, and I really wanted to name her based on it (it sounds like SUCH a pretty name) but I have a certain nameing basis for the limited holiday dragons, and I didn't want to break it for her D:

Another one of my favorites though...just for the sake of pointing one out XD

A mint frozen hatchling of mine, with the code Si0k named Sioki :3

And half off all my dragons XD even for those I have certain ways I name them depending on species XD aha...

All my spitfire dragons are mostly based off of their codes...

edit :: and my spotted greenwings...

okay, most of my dragons are actually based off of their codes :'D

Edited by Dragnia_Zonatia

I have code hitor, but according to its lineage, I influenced it as female. Didnt know what should I do with this special code so I named this dragon Hitor'a. I know its dumb but I just had to do this! smile.gif

Edited by Ivyeth

Almost all of my dragon names are based on their codes. Exceptions mostly made for the ones, belonging to some lineage, and even then I try to make at least part of the name code-based.

For example:

Maprez-double - MPrZ and his parents once had '-double' in their names.

Hexora Setta - HXr6

Lemmec Dorkface Rynoth Thoth - lMCcC and the rest of the name comes from father.

I have:

Elko'd - ELKOd. Since she's a Christmas dragon (and an elk is kinda like a giant reindeer) I thought it was pretty appropriate...

Mod uz - mOduZ Yay! Moderators! Come mod uz! tongue.gif

Jacob's Ritz - JRiTZ Yes, I know Ritz are made by Nabisco but they should be Jacob's...

EDIT: Also, my Royal Blue's mother's code is Sarea wub.gif

Edited by dracopenguin

Every single one of my named dragons has a name based on their code, or a phonetic variation of such, with -th added to the end to make them all Pern dragons. biggrin.gif

Well. Except for one, I named my chicken Roasted Drumstick. Also my dinos also have this code theme, but I didn't give them the -th because they're not dragons. tongue.gif They get an -o for some reason.

I did add Thuwed and Dorkface appropriately though. Gotta honor lineages after all.

Some of them end up with awesome names, others.... like someone puked up alphabet soup. >_> And the ones with numbers in their name are some variation of either the name of the number, or else some kind of leetspeek. Like 8 could be ate, eight, or 'b' and so on. Better than having to fight through everyone else who wants the same name, mine are creative enough that I've only once had to come up with a unique spelling, and I have over 500 dragons.