notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Blue Stripe, Twice As Shocking, has the code OX18O... Look at it sideways. biggrin.gif

Yep, just recently. My Mint was (ZKAta), so I named him Kata (he's a tribute in the DC Hunger games project so he's actually Kata D1) and my Royal Blue's code was o0aka, which I thought looked quite a bit like the work "oak" so now he/she is named after the tree. tongue.gif

I named a few of mine after codes, then didn't get on dragcave for several months, so all the names disappeared. I recall that the names were funny, but not what they were now. I'll have to revive my old habit when I get some useable codes!

To be honest, I can make a name out of just about every code, but I might pronounce them different, as I am originally (Swiss) German speaking... And even without suffix most of the names I choose would be available.

a few examples:

KqWKe = Kiqawake

2W7H = Zwizoh

LVk6Q = Luvoq

l0OvD = Loovedee

VvKQA = Vivikoquay

GcAR = Gicarina

aRLd = Arnold

FWsb = Fiwasaba

Z10b = Zioba

uH2b = U Have 2 Be A Lady

fh28 = Stone Twenty Eight

NqUg = Naquga

adbU = Adibuna

I have a frozen hatchling with the code NaC1. Both NaCl and Sodium Chloride were taken, so it became Common Salt.

Every single one of my dragons is named after it's code.

I say the code out loud, and play with the sounds until I get something that sounds good.

It results in an untaken name every single time though, so it's my method of choice.

(The only dragon I have not named this way is my CB, frozen Ember hatchi, named Lil' Deathy, after the non-combat pet from WoW.)

Every single one of my dragons is named after it's code.

I say the code out loud, and play with the sounds until I get something that sounds good.

It results in an untaken name every single time though, so it's my method of choice.

(The only dragon I have not named this way is my CB, frozen Ember hatchi, named Lil' Deathy, after the non-combat pet from WoW.)

That is genius biggrin.gif

I'm loving the method that you use xd.png

I've started doing that recently too ^^

I generally just make up names that I associate with the breed of my dragons rolleyes.gif

~

I think these are the only dragons that I named after their codes

Flej9 ~> Flejole

fUMAl ~> Fumaika

CZi8m ~> Czatmo Bronze Ivy 10G

RE2ZZ ~> Rezziness

KC922 ~> KC Silver 4G

R3BFD ~> Rebsin of the Swamp 2E

twice!

my split, inggu.

and my red dorsal, ACuS3.

regarding my red dorsal though, i wish the name "accuse" wasn't taken though, however i might check every now and then to see if it got recycled. c:

Grey=4OakD= 4 the Oaks

Cheese=HPBND= Its happened before

Chicken=iMLGj=(Never renamed, the code is just priceless. And its on a Chicken of all things.)

Lately, I've been doing this more and more--especially with my Vamps. Their codes or their biter, if the biter is unnamed.

I named my frozen hatchling Time To See because it sounded a bit poetic and I had no idea what to name it and its code was TME2C

I like the idea of it, but I've not got many dragons yet :L

I actually love naming my hatchies after their code - not that I do it all the time, but I keep an eye out for cute codes that would make a good name, or that almost look like a name. smile.gif

Examples:

Yulglo Fyrespark (YlGL0)

Ubrie Fyrespark (uBrie)

Roseluck Shipper (ShPP1)

Geneva Patronus (jnvea)

Louie Futterwacken (LoiPv)

Racbey Sunshyne Tinselkin Enigma (RcBeY)

Jeffrey Enigma (JEf13)

Poke Futterwacken (FATtT) ('Cause you poke fat... right? Right??? Never mind.)

Igor Futterwacken (iIgOr)

Geppetto Futterwacken (qePtu)

Snavely Futterwacken (SnAVu)

Laughter Luminarium (Ihaaa)

Guinevere Dorkface (gu9vB) (This one might be a bit of a stretch.)

Psyche Futterwacken (pSsYc)

Puffzu (pZffu)

Ozymandias Lhuglor (oZ07h)

Heaven Bound (H78VN)

Someday You'll Fly (uFLY9)

Npkio Lhuglor (nPkio)

Rrorr (RRorr)

Z'Espyr (Z1SBr)

Oz the Great and Powerful (oZea5)

Vries (Vries)

Klepto Dorkface D'Leau (KLpTO)

And, of course, as a participant in the Z Project, I have a lot of dragons whose codes start with Z and, thus, their names start with Z' (that second link isn't up-to-date at present; I have 5 or 6 more Z dragons that haven't been entered yet).

I recently picked up a Daydream by the name of Snofi. Naturally, its name had to be Snofi.

What's a Snofi? Heck if I know, sounds like a Dr. Seuss character =P

I recently picked up a Daydream by the name of Snofi. Naturally, its name had to be Snofi.

What's a Snofi? Heck if I know, sounds like a Dr. Seuss character =P

Snofi's probably live under Truffula trees! xd.png

Mathcat names many of her dragons by code, so when I picked up this offspring of hers from the AP, I found myself wanting to do the same. I even left off my scrollmarker name!

I do, sometimes, but there's no pattern or anything special.

Naibrehren for NBrhr

Pacliev for pclv

Cypherjoule for C53JL

Seabubble for SEA04

Invigor for NVgu

In my mind codes are the closest written equivalent to the unique names each dragon gets at eggbirth.

I almost always name my dragon based on its code. If I haven't it was either because I named it after its parents, I couldn't think of a good name based on its code, or I had another name in mind for the dragon.

Well, i have a few times but i changed their names since- the last, i think, dragon on my scroll named after their code is Geka, by the code of tGeka. I even influenced them male on accident, and they still gendered female to go with their code and name.