notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

guilty as charged. laugh.gif

my best code was "Muloa". that's the code, not the name, except it's also the name. Muloa is a flamingo wyvern.

/boring story

My Brain is Wired in a way that everytime it sees things, its wants to make connections, wordplay, etc. And sometimes I am a bit dyslexic so it causes relations to be created where normal people think I'm very weird. And that learning shorthand has caused me to see some letters as the same. Like C and K. Hence the codes causing me to create names that don't make sense to others. Its an old thread, but since there is posting in it lately, I'll post my currents. I use codes all the time.

Code-Name

Ki6Ck - Aint Love a Kick in the Head - Combo of Code & Love Spiral Lineage

em5ci - Einsteins Guiding Moonlight - Combo of basterdized code version of e=mc2 and it being a Moonstone and the Theory of Relativity Discoveries with recent discovery that Light is not the Fastest Element

bon6a- Bonafide - used the letters in code to choose a word. Wasnt willing to name him after the U2 singer.

nuFXV - New Moon Effects - Combo of Code & Breed Moonstone

igM72 - Imagine the Probabilities - This was my brain being dyslexic and reading igM as IMG so thus Imagine. and seeing 72 and jumping to 42.

Lbd1e - Libidibil - Thats how I sound out / read that code.

cUqIE - Cookie Cuter - Couldn't decide if that code read Cookie or Cutie. So played with both.

9elfM - Saw the code, read it as Elf Male. So named the dragon after a friend who played an Elf Male Character. The name is sorta meaningless posted here as its a complicated inside joke, but I chose that name BECAUSE of that code.

D1AYs - One Days - Totally non-proper English. But that was the code!

qWHAm - Celestial Collison - Nebula + WHAM. Considered Big Bang or other Universal Crashes / Explosions. But this name is prettier.

LuKaT - Schrodingers LuKat - Have used this as a naming lineage theme. Her mate is a Soul. The Pinks have and will continue to have some sort of play on LuKat from "Cat" or "Look at ..."

cLEoY - Cloey LuKat Soul - Would have considered just Cloey but that name is already taken. Didnt realize Cloey is actually a name. Cleoy just wasn't as pretty.

Cpmvp - Most Valuable Player - Taken from the MVP part.

nbYSL - Your Sweet Love - Taken from the YSL part.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CkXat - Coven Vow - Named after the Codes of its Parents - Oven & VowC - Will pass theme of Oven/Heat and Vow/Promises to Offspring

ldkLY - Blissful Ignorance - Code Read as I Dont Know-ly: As for someone who walks thru life always going: I don't know lalalalala Ignorance is Bliss.

hiiqB - Hique - From Hiiii and Q

GIsKA - Gishka - Giska was already taken

om6g2 - Divine Revelation - Just didnt want to straight out name it OH MY GOD!!

KNnXs - Nixed - Named after an irl friend whose name is that pretty much that code with a few letters missing. Used the Nixed as I'm not going to name my Dragons after real people and is still part of code.

siqel - The Sequel - That code reads to me like Sequel. But that was taken so added the The. Sounds very imposing. And Sequels are generally always worse than the original.

7mO0k - Golden Cow - Mooooo and Magi. And False Idols are often represented as Golden Calves (like Mooby in Dogma).

l9luu - Luu - Part of Code & Balloon Dragon. Considered things like Ba-Luu-ns. Maybe with babies.

oZD9O - Obsessive Zooming Dragon - Saw OZD, reminded me of OZD. Especially as they like to zip and zoom in circles around trees to impress the females.

I think thats it... for now....

Edited by natayah

I have a few. Most notable is a greenwing with the code EHoPA named "Ethiopian Feelerbutt."

yes, I have done that with quite a few dragons

Name - Code

Imipu - IMipU

Kesox - KE5OX

Timfog - TMfQG

YGNBt - YGNBt

I try to incorporate it.

no7AM, a Winter Magi, is On Christmas Morning, for example.

Coastal Waverunner Bui1T became BuilT to Swim

Green n4EVZ became Not 4EVZ

Blue Stripe ZfRrA became Zifra

Pumpkin QePun became Punqe

Sunstone mROWt was briefly Mrowt, before she became part of a new named lineage plan. smile.gif

@natayah -- I love your names! The way you think of them makes perfect sense to me. wink.gif

Newest ~

iNKpp = Ink Poppy, a CB Ember female

fLfel = Fela Feltie, a CB Terrae female

HE1iS = He Is One, a 3rd gen Deep Sea male - I may change this one, but I really like the first two, so they'll stay! smile.gif

Hmm, got a few...

CKYT6 - Cky (the name of one of my own characters in a RP between me and a friend, so I was delighted it was free)

2SERI - S e r i

FlatL - Flatline

2Rio5 - Song of the Rio Twins

ELIEa - Eliea Kai

Rujon - Rujon (biggrin.gif)

jP4CT - Faust's Pact (kinda looked like 'pact', but it was taken)

F7usi - Fusi Kai

YUEeQ - Yue Eternal

NaPLe - Naple

qorQ - Am I q or Q

aBeM - A B May

pCMO -Chief Medical Officer

FU2Y5 - Fury

t2LN - Talen

dALS - Dallas

Muci - merci

emm1Y - emmy

RaVr8 - Raven

one of my silver females had the code NnDo so she got it as a middle name.

I only do it sometimes, some of the codes just get to me the moment I get the egg, like with my silver, it's her middle name because that's what I called her before she got named.

One of my eggs has the codename Qahii, which will be the name of the dragon when it hatches. Another has the code Mqk7i, which sounds like Myiki, which then became the dragon's name. Also, vTCIO became Velocitus because that was what it reminded me of.

<3

Oh wow! This hasn't been used in a long time if it's the very last one! Anywhoo, here are my names:

gGEEm - Glorious gem of the moon

nbalh - Nutbalhs are awesome

rO0no - ROONO Cuffs eats your cake

I've only done it with those three so far, but as I was looking through my dragons, I found some other usable codes like 0411k could possibly be changed, but it is a lineage dragon or even my magi Ellfe. smile.gif

Edited by StarSea

Dragons named directly from their codes;

Minet(code: Minet)

Yumme(code: Yumme)

Diwii(code: DIWI1)

Nogge(code: Nogg3)

Fq'aoe(code: Fqaoe)

B'nxys(code: Bnxys)

Iratn(code: Iratn)

Claret(code: CLYRET)

Rollt(code: Rollt)

Scrifi(code: Scrifi)

I've usually just made up a name on a whim to use.

I can't believe I haven't thought of this yet >_< lol Yay for this thread. It will definitely help in naming now if the ones I want are taken, lol.

Just looked through my Dragons and eggs. I think I'll be making a name from a code that one of my eggs have. happy.gif

Yep, I did that with a bunch of dragons I recently named...I ran out of naming ideas...so I just made their code into a name...seems to work quite well...

If I choose real names, mostly they are taken...

Names I just made up are mostly not taken...lol

I just got a male royal hatchie, the code was LAiME (Lay Me). So I named him Lord Libido Moonshne. hehe.

I also just got a purple dorsel with the code "HmMeU" I've named "Threesome", lol.

Edited by Riverwillows

I've done so once. I have a Sunstone with the code BADm5, so I named him Solis Mali (Bad Sun). I've got a few other cool codes that I might name dragons after. I tend to name everything eventually, but I've got a lot that I just haven't gotten around to yet.

I'll do it always, or almost always, sometimes I know a name and use that.

The first letter I use as the first letter of the name, and the rest also and the last letter as last letter of the name. Here some names, not everything... That would be 200 or something....

bEp7l = Belapai

iM7jl = Imajil

Z7Fn = Zerafen

fAd2A = Fadara

hEIE = Healie

I only did it once. I got a purple Nebula that has 40th as a code. I thought it was so neat I named it 40th instead of the normal scifi movie names I give them.

WB

I usually name my dragons after their codes if I run out of ideas, although the resemblance is generally not very noticeable since I usually just use the first letter of the code. For example:

MoRTR = Sir Mortar

SkEW = Queen Skew

siiZE = Sizeable

G0fLf = Golfy

q0Oq = Quadden

hWWU = Haalee

NL1Os = Nilyo

AClvl = Levelishto

t03g = Tatsuye

gYUX = Gardiner

K1EV = Fred Kiev

PfAk7 = Packie