notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do it with all my dragons except a few ones... Though I love my vine coded Toll. Because of one song, the name "Bell That Tolls" popped into my head instantly. laugh.gif Also I sometimes describe the dragon based on the code. My canopy ZooJ ended up protecting animals.

Haven't in a long while, but I have to now. With the 5-character code system, I have now picked up a purple dragon with the code BOND7. Haven't decided yet exactly what I'm going to name him, but it will be James Bond related. xd.png

I only named one after its code - Vampire - rDrd - so that went as Divos Red Dread.

I have an egg with the code BOAN and plans to name it The Face of BOAN when it hatches. Hooray for Doctor Who references?

I just did this with one of my Vampires! I plan on doing it with the rest of the Vamps now too. xd.png

The vamp I named;Code:8WKM;Name: 8 Meter Wasp Killer

Still an egg; Code:2gtm;Name I plan on using: 2 mice grab tacos

They may not make sense, but I discovered its a lot of fun. xd.png

Its cool to know other are doing this too.

Hehehe I have a few

LlLT = Lilty

eZO1= Easy one

OrAN = OrAN Berries

Three of my last four-letter codes are fitt, snid and iyip (caps messed.) Snid is now Snide Aside Lyric Ally, iyip is Yippie Mint, and fitt is Fit To A T. biggrin.gif

Actually did this on one of my Forest Dragons that had an awesome code: lWiN (I thought it was an "I", but it's actually a lower-case "L"). Her name's "IWin - U Lose". tongue.gif I thought it was silly at the time, but I still love that code.

"cUpz" is named cups, "RGAS" is Step on the Gas, "cMee" is See Me, and... "pedo"... Which I named B e a r.

Some of my recent code-inspired names are:

Shriek - EEK6S

M-bargo - mbRGo

Faaling Star - faa1

Sozi Daiska - S0ZI

Ziana - Z1anA

Ketad - KETAD

Half-Life Oehumi - hLlf2

Graceful Ivvei - lVvE1

Jevol Vex - JevoL

:3

It's been a while since I posted here, so here are some of my newer ones:

punB8 = Pun Bait - Waterhorse,

coOcB = CoCo Bean D'Greenwing - Spotted Greenwing,

EQ894 = Equine Greenwing - Spotted Greenwing,

VIAus = Via Aviata - Skywing,

ortle = Breezy Chortle - Skywing,

epkhY = Epic Khy - Vine,

AgdZ2 = Aggie Divine - Vine,

KWuq5 = Bright Wug - BBW,

7oMP0 = Oompa-pa Loompa-pa - Green,

7bJed = Jed Eye Terrae - Terrae,

uYpud = Pudding - Sunstone,

AB2hE = Abraham De Flam - Flamingo,

pJuYd = Judith D'Frill-Marrow - Marrow,

e44eF = Etta Peppermint Frak - Marrow,

aYGGL = Little Yggdrasil - Marrow,

joLiP = Shadow Joli - Shadow Walker,

mnReq = Requisite Moon - Moonstone,

SketP = Skeeter Palimar - Albino,

jOvar = Jovar - Sunrise,

I0guv = Anarchie, and finally,

tNoel = Noel - Gift Of The Magi - Magi.

I hope you like them! biggrin.gif

I would kill for that cake dragon the OP posted.

My two are frozen hatchlings:

7SIN7 - Seven Deadly Sins, sunstone

0ksrs - OK SRS, magi

i have a yulebuck hatchie who is DE4Dg - lol he's a "dead g". seriously thought about naming him something morbid just because he's a holiday but decided against it

I usually name based on codes, unless I have a name already in mind for a specific dragon. biggrin.gif If a dragon is lineaged, then I'll give it the parents' surname if I can, and only use the code for a first name. But if it's CB, I try and use the code for a first and last name, which can be tricky. tongue.gif But yes, I usually name after codes. It's easier and allows me to name all my dragons quickly.

I have a harvest with the code R71CE. If I could name him Rice, I would.

No, I never do that. Or else I would have named my White "Seventh Arm" and that'd be weird (her code is Arm7). I have my own naming system, if typing jibberish and editing it to look good can be called a system. My Winter Magi is a great example of that.

I've named them based on the code a few times. Most of the time, it's just kind of a reference. For example, I have a CB terrae named Meishin (Japanese for superstition) because it has 13 in the code. The only one where I used the whole code is Zazdu Thuwed (code is ZaZdU).