notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ROFL! Oh that's perfect LascielsShadow! xd.png

I had forgotten about this one, it's code is dCBR, so i named it December's Snowflower, even though it's an October baby. biggrin.gif

I bred a Black Dragon from two CB Black Dragons whose code is THMB so I froze him as a hatchling and named him Tom Thumb. laugh.gif

I caught a chicken egg off the main cave ev85. Well I kept looking at it as Eve. She hatched on Christmas too so I ended up naming her Eve Christmas.

I gave a Thuwed gold dragon with the code "nibS." I named her "Golden Nibs Thuwed." :3

I got a cb pygmy the other day....the code is KJYO....I'm so naming it 'KillJoy'!! xd.png

Oh yeah...and my winter seasonal..her code is QpoW, so I named her QuietPartOfWinter laugh.gif

Edited by lost1ny3gurl

I do this fairly frequently, quite a few of my spitfires are named like this and so are these lovelies:

laCj- Laci Shimmerwing (sunsong)

AOXt- Aoxt D'ralin (though i have no idea how you'd pronounce that)

BOAT- Boatstripe Shade (to encorporate the naming system i have for stripes)

FvXP- Fveep Diminue (pygmy)

fRIo- Friar Polo (mint)

kvEa- K'vea Wassera (water)

C3bk- Cebek

XTAI- Sh'tai

jEyB- Jeyk Baxter

0hVZ- Ohvzen

VOKU- Little Voku

And probably some more...

I named my vampire "Relax I'm Friendly", and it's code is lAXf.

Woo, I have loads! biggrin.gif

I think my first was...

dYLE - "Dyle" Would have been better if it were a male, but... That was way back when all of my dragons had names. xd.png

EiMT - "Emergency Medical Technician"

U2Ez - "You're Too Easy"

PfY0 - "Piffy of questionable decent" The last bit comes from the fact that I had just realized that one of his parents was inbred. D:

C502 - "Sea Five" Sort of fitting, since she's a two-finned bluna

j0pB - "Joppybee"

imGt - "Frozen Image"

GTgS - "Got to go swim" A water dragon. :3

bBC5 - "Angel Bob" Haa, I had just seen the Doctor Who episode with all the weeping angels (with eleventh Doctor) and the fact that the dragon's code was BBC. ^.^

up7K - "over seven thousand" ^.^;;

EBU5 - "Ebus the Fifth"

HrEP - "Minty Herp Derp" She's so derpy, she herped up her own code. xd.png

caRT - "caRTed away due to madness" May change the name sometime, but I wanted to use "caRT" in there somewhere. D:

GoD2 - "Second God"

8jNB - "Eighth Jack"

a8ZA - "Adalate"

Hrm, I think that's it. For now, anyway.

I've named almost all of my 200 something dragons after their codes. I don't go with the letters so much as use them as a guideline. smile.gif There may be once or twice I didn't follow it, under some circumstances, but naming a dragon based on its code is easier for me to come up with than thinking of something (because someone probably took it already).

eQo5 --> Equiovive

N0id --> Novid

ECMP --> Ecarmaup

TiXE --> Tixen

dnFJ --> DonFig

HtQ8 --> Hyrtiquate

rT3i --> Rytei

n7Ye --> Nesevye

hYuU --> Hyunun

XvKJ --> Xyvikaja

LRYe --> Luryilee

Nua9 --> Nuanine

n7Yf --> Nisevyaf

0gXc --> Ogxayic

5sMW --> Fivesmaw

JZmj --> Jayzminj

kksq --> Kaskalquan

evWg --> Evewarga

etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and my ever favorite: FlAG --> Flags for the World

I got A Cheese dragon, with the code faiU - so glad it wasn't a faiL!

Didn't really matter, as because it's a rare one it gets a name to go with it. it's been christened: CrackingWensleydaleGromit.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My autumn's code Sub6 plus this post plus the fact that we had a really cold autumn last year inspired me to name him Sub 0 autumn... Not quite the same as the code but quite close I think ^^

if I remember I name after code

lots of times I forget though xd.png

edit: hey...alright I hit level 4 this was my 200th post laugh.gif

Edited by Merenwen

nuTs - "I Dream of Nuts and Berries" My Daydream that I caught specifically because of it's awesome code. xd.png That, and I was eating almonds when it showed up!

REEF - "Midnight-Black Reef" The name simply popped into my head after I noticed the code, and I thought heck with it, it sounds cool...

fBAD - "Feyebad of the Sun-Bathed Waters" Yeah, there were plenty of opportunities for that, but I just didn't like the idea of calling it bad. It was a very good dragon...?

ages - "Stone Shifter of the Ages" Now if only it was an actual Stone dragon. Ah well, I'll take what I can get.

I have a balloon with the code "ZEOZ," so I named it "Ze Wizard of Oz."

I have a magi with the code 2Pig, too, but I haven't thought up a name for that yet tongue.gif

LNpr - Lil' Nipper of the Sky

When it grows up, won't be so little, but I'm keeping the name.

Love reading all the funny and creative names folks have come up with! biggrin.gif

Edited by CatOfEvilGenius