notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recent names of mine:

GARb = Garble

cLT0 = Calto

cZgo = Cazigo

Any ideas for HmDm (male Purple)? I was going to name him "Humdrum", but that's already taken, and I was pretty set on that.

I have a female pink named Na2e, so I named it Na2e. Yeah... I also have a female white with the code sOUP. Will probably name it something soup related. My other pink had the code FOA5, so I named her Miss Foa Boa.

Let's see... Most recent was a Flamingo Male with the code Sael. Since there's a character by the name of Saele in an offsite roleplay I'm in, I had to name him that, of course.

:3

I've been sat here making myself giggle with the names I've been coming up with for my five hatchlings.

u9q9 is to become Uniquane, and VaOq is Vadroquel - hmmm...am I being sexist when I say they were very male sounding letters, which was a good thing as both hatchies were male...?

I just had a purple grow up. The code is 4HEs - and yes, I did manage to resist calling him 'A Jolly Good Fellow'!

I called him Foreez instead!

I recently had a dragon with the code, kHeB... so I couldn't help but base its name around it. It think it was Khebius.

I've been stockpiling TJ - coded dragons. wink.gif So far I have put TJ's *continuation of name* when I have named them. *strokes new tj egg that was nabbed today* biggrin.gif

I just killed a egg by biting it, but its code was Mumn. I was going to name him "Mum's the word." Or something along those lines

I had a vixn that i traded, but intended to name it Vixen if it gendered female (looked it up the other day, it was a male)

siqt - Secret

imsl- ImSlli (i am silly)

and I have a water that i'm going to name Sthulhu because the code is sthu

...So when I have a useable code i certainly do name them based on it!

Oh God, all the time. My pinks are completely based off of this! Most recently I named two frozen hatchlings today; one is now Maiden Bovine the Pink (1MOO), the other is Maiden Nebula the Pink (NBLa).

uHOT because Squire Fyre the Pink, Wave because Maiden Aquan the Pink...there are so many others, pinks and other breeds, it would take forever to list 'em all. D:

I named my pink 'TJ'sPinkyAndTheBrain' his code is etjJ !!

Also, I just noticed this today, I have a hellfire egg that died the other day and it's code is eZtd, 'easy to die' !! It died the day I got it, I guess it was seriously view bombed. blink.gif

Really the only one I have is Gueg, one of my silvers, which I named Gueg. /shot

[EDIT] Just renamed one of mine ReaRing in the Flames (ReaR).

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

Originally, I had not done this in the one case where I did find, on the Abandoned Page, a dragon with a meaningful code - now I have renamed the dragon, though, to reflect the code:

Margaret's Magazines = "mags"

I noticed the code, though, and checked the lost in trade thread; no one was looking for the dragon.

Used this method to finally name a dragon.

5PJX = Five Pyjammies

And the dragon is a Pygmy, xd.png.

I don't often name by code, unless its a wicked code.

Recently I got BANH, no surprise I named her Ban Hammer

Yep. My Fall Seasonal was named because her code was "epWn," which I read as "epic Win." So I called her Vittoria Epica, since all my dragons are named in Italian.

I am doing it more often lately. With some silly results:

Culn - Copper Line

phgf - I have a Ph Girlfriend unsure.gif

Spld - Spoiled

mort - Morticio