notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got a Mint I named -- it's more "inspired by" the code than based on it, though.

Her code is "booT" and her name is "Gonna Walk All Over You," as in the song "These Boots Were Made For Walkin'".

I've named several dragons after their codes, though sometimes it's hard to tell.

Gah'be Dragos Thuwed ---> Ghbb

8 Inch Ben ---> 8BEN

Onroo of Clan Seme ---> 0nRO

Un'ait of Clan Seme ---> U4n8

Cabon of Clan Seme ---> cb0n

Goddess Isis ---> isIs

Fi'kar Thuwed ---> FkAR

I eat Chocolate Hearts ---> IeaT ( It's a sweetling )

Coco Bean Pod ---> Bnpd ( another sweetling )

And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I only have one named using its code so far. Her name is Aisn inghean Celebathien and her code is aI5N. I usually give my dragons names related to books, fallen angels, or just random things I make up (or occasionally something related to their breed), but her parents were named using their codes, so I kept the scheme when I named her.

I've got a couple I've named after their code, but the most recent is 0miQ. I named him Omniscient since the code made me think of Q from Star Trek.

My zombie Tayi of the Dead ---> taYi.

My frozen purple hatchie: Her code is ghay, so I named her "It's OK to be ghay".

Also one of my blacks: Code olde --> "Ye olde mighty dragon"

And my Horse dragon: Code keed --> "Keed the faithful Steed"

I find it always funny when I catch an egg with a funny code biggrin.gif

I named my Guardian of nature after it`s Code, his name is Ukanyus (Ukan is the code).

I have a dragon now that I am trying to come up with a name for. She is a stone dragon, check out her code:

http://dragcave.net/view/TJ07

I just couldn't get rid of her... if I could have gendered her male I would have made a name like TJ v.07 or something like that! LOL Any ideas for what I should name her?

This is the first time I'm tempted to name based on code.

Originally I wanted a CB Flamingo to experiment with, but I just had to click on a CB Balloon when I saw its code: Gr4v ( = Grav) tongue.gif

I also like my nebulas Y2d8 ("Why 2d8?", reminds me of RPG dice, but she's part of a lineage, so no silly naming for her) and DR74 (damage reduction 74 would be alot.png!), my sun--- KZOm ("KAZOOM" would be a nice onomatopoeia) , my Marrows 9San (sounds japanese, like "Mr Kyu-san") and duKX ("ducks") smile.gif

Some of them are still unnamed, so I might get inspired.

Edit for Failing to remember one dragon's code correctly rolleyes.gif

Edited by Valfaris

I am quite fond of my Gold's code: d0gs. No clue what I'll name him though, I just know I want it to be something doggy-ish. x3

From the movie Homeward Bound: Dogs rule - cats drool

@hardwired

first thing that came to mind: TJ Bond

Edited by lilysally

lilysally - I love that one! I think I am gonna do it! I got a great belly laugh out of that one. Thanks!

Name it Coo-Coo or sumtin like that x3

I have -goes by order on scroll-

5mEE = Smee Sparktail

LAbJ = Lab Magikarp a la mode (XD)

uBUG = Do not Bug me for a Dorckface (little typo on dorkface ^^; )

PoNE =Pone Dorkface-Riddle

Edited by inusui

I normally don't do this because most of the codes I get are extremely random, but the one time I did use the code, I was extremely giddy.

This geode has the code HmIA.

The first two letters really don't make anything, but when I saw the last two, I smiled. 'IA' is the abbreviation for the state of Iowa and the state rock of Iowa happens to be the geode. It was just an awesome coincidence that I had to use the code!

Edited by Blazestarre

My Magi, YT4V (as in yesterday, today & forever) is named Magi Eterna.

1iRc, which looked a little like lyric to me, ended up as Lyricist.

Jen0 is named GateTrek Jen Zero.

sOJ7 is named Sojourning Stranger. I thought about Seventh Sojourn but that's just a little corny. blink.gif

Cous is named Couscous of the Pirates. Okay, that is corny, but I didn't name it Cousin Couscous! xd.png

My Balloon Dragon, with the code AbOU is named Abounding now. I was shocked it was still available. xd.png

Tesky=TsKY

Torei=2Rei

Oh and trying to come up with a good one for ACDh. I'm so doing an ACDC type name, specially if its a boy although kinda hoping its a girl...

I've got a few. A CB female Guardian, code Eh0Y, is named Ehoya. My CB Harvest female has the code veee (I love that code xd.png), so I named her Veeka. I've a female Red named Ohrelin (code was oREl, so I used that and combined it with some of her ancestors' names), and my Autumn Seasonal, code bOVu, is named Autumn Bovu, because "bovu" is just so fun to say.

GiKU on my scroll is CitrusLizard, since 'giku' is actually one kind of orange.

i6ah is InternetChomper. Y'know, like 'Internet 6- Ah!'

I just got a CB pygmy with the code FWAP. I'm planning something special unless I get a CB red trade....