ShardAnders

ANSWERED:Anyway to get back a hatchling?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but i've never used the forums before so i'm not entirely sure where to put this.

I was trying to hide a sick hatchling and accidently abandoned it without thinking. I was distracted so I didn't realise what I was doing until it was too late, the hatchling isn't one I ever wanted to get rid of as it was a hybrid and i'm really mad at myself for not realising. Is there anyway to get it back?

Sorry that you accidentally abandoned your hatchling. It isn't considered yours anymore now that it is abandoned. There isn't really a way to get it back, since you have no claim on it now. But if you wanted to, you could try renaming the parents and requesting it be returned to you. But no one is obligated to do that. 

I've returned something other people abandoned accidentally before, and I had been on the receiving end as well. Here is what you could do:

1) If you want to be contacted on forum, you could rename the parents as "please return to xxx on forum"

No guarantee that they would go through the trouble though, but if you ask nicely and offer something or equal value or nicer in return, you'd have a higher chance.

2) Sometimes people who picked up your hatchling might not use forum, so alternatively, you could do what I did: 

- I put up a trade in the trading hub, offered something nice, and specified the lost egg (edit: like Shadowdrake said, description not code, such as 2g breed) I am looking for. I set this up ~1 hr before the egg would appear in AP.

- I also changed the parents name to something like "please return via trade market" "thank you so much"

In a few minutes someone actually picked the egg up in AP and offered to my trade, all went smoothly.

Wish you good luck!

Edited by CuteDragons

Do not put a trade specifying the code of the dragon or any very identifying info, as that will get you trade-banned whenever the mods get around to doing out punishment. The best you can do tradewise is put a generic trade specifying breed, stage and lineage (such as "2g [species] hatchie from male x and female y"). Unfortunately hatchies get taken very fast so there's a large chance whoever takes it will be keeping it, but that's the best you can do to get the word out in trade.

Which hybrid was it?  If it's not part of a specific lineage you were working on, somebody might be able to offer you a replacement egg

Thanks to all of the people who took out the time to reply to my question, I appreciate the help!

Sadly I don't own the parents, I got the egg that the hatchling came from via the cave. So there's probably no chance of even identifying the hatchling anymore. However, I do have one of the dragon breeds i'd need to create a new hybrid already and I picked up an egg of the other parent in the hopes that I'll be able to just breed another from them once both are adults. Thanks for all the advice though everyone.

Good luck. :) If you ever need someone to breed a hybrid for you, you can send me a PM and I can try. I breed on request if I have egg space and usually ask nothing in return.