Richied97

ANSWERED:Need help

Hey, I’m here from 2011-2013.

I have no clue what I have. I don’t remember how this works. 

what are people looking for? Is my old stuff treasure now?

so much to relearn.

Welcome back! I suggest requesting a mentor from The Mentoring Project if you're feeling like a fish out of water. :)  They can answer any questions you may have.

I'm a mentor myself, so you can always PM me as well. :) 

Hi! I was kinda on the same boat 3 months ago. A lot has changed and I relied on the following to get updated:

Dragon Cave wiki - to see all the new release dragons I missed

Trading Market - to see what people are trading (right now might be a bad time since it's flooded with NR - Newest release, whose flood you just missed by a few hours, but they probably would also show up randomly in the biomes after the flood)

Forum - I looked through the "News" section for big events and releases, and some other random threads

Discord - I didn't join discord until a couple weeks after returning, it's mostly just random talks, but people are very kind and helpful

Functionality - there are a lot of new features, and my favorite is the group function. For example, you can use (#cb white) to search for all CB white dragons you have, or (#2g black) for all 2nd gen black dragons, etc.

As for your question about if anything you had from 11 years ago became treasure, from what Ive gathered, some of the most sought after things now are:

2g SAlt (spriters alt)

2g Thuwed (no waiting list now, just grab them from AP when they are released and hope you are fast enough)

CB Stat (extremely rare to find in biome, highly sought after)

CB gold > CB silver

2G Prize - yes, about this, I see that your signature has trading list for 3g stair. Unfortunately it seems that only 2g or at most 3g prize has trading value these days (crying with my hard earned low gen stair prize 10 years ago)

For 2g prize, sometimes people just want to swap (there's raffle for CB prize each month now), sometimes people ask for rare things. Usually 2g with rare mates > common mates > prize mates, unless specifically demanded.

For 3g prize, usually checker > stair from what it feels to me? Sometimes you get them by swapping, sometimes by offering something nice, but usually not too rare or sought after.

For 3g Salt and Thuwed, some are more valuable than others, and I think it really depends, so if you have some 2g salt and Thuwed before, you could give it a try and put on the trading market.

I haven't learned much about the value of codes, but usually people want CB codes. 

And if you have any CB gold or silver, and breed 2g, usually you could trade for swap or something nice, but don't get your hopes up too much.

CBs that are a little rarer than others: Aeon, Copper (green >>> others), Canto (six variants you can get by performing different BSA), Gemshard (new >>> old)

While Trio and Blusang are still somewhat more uncommon, they definitely decreased in trading value and sometimes would remain in biome for a good minute before someone pick them up.

So that's basically what I've gathered in the past few months after returning from a long hiatus, and I hope this helps :D

Edited by CuteDragons

Here's a link to the wiki, by the way.  Some super helpful pages especially are the Egg Identification Guide (this will contain spoilers, showing you what each egg looks like as well as what it's description is and where to find it, so if you'd rather figure it all out yourself avoid looking there at first--does make a lovely reference if you can't remember since there's like over 300 dragons now), and the "Breed Specific Action" page for if you're trying to figure out what new abilities and stuff have been added to various dragons.

Another helpful page for you may be the release timeline page to get a look at what came out when.

Aside from the mentors, the "tiny little questions" thread can be great for if you just have a question you want to ask (don't worry about trying to read the entire thing to see if it's been answered), if you don't think your question warrants it's own topic.

(Also, just to mention "Stat" is the shortened version of one of the breed names, "Staterae".  It's a type of Xenowyrm, which is a specific breed of dragon with multiple sub-species that all look different and appear in different biomes.  "Canto" is short for "Cantomaris", another breed of dragon that has various appearances.  2nd gen Staterae dragons will also fetch fairly high prices in trading, and even longer-lineaged and "messy" (no real pattern, possibly inbred, etc.) Stats tend to have solid value due to their obscene rarity.  Pretty sure they're the rarest in the game right now, to the frustration of everyone.  CB Silvers will still also fetch a pretty good deal on the trade market despite being worth less than CB Golds.)

In terms of what you, specifically have...  I didn't check every dragon but you do have some CB Silvers and while they're not worth anywhere near as much, 2nd gen Silver eggs do have more value than the average common out of the cave.  You also have a variety of prize dragons, some of them may be worth something but prize dragon offspring have all dropped drastically in value over the years as they're more common now.  (2nd gens will have the most value, but even those don't command tons the way they used to).  That said, what dragons are considered valuable does have a personal taste component to it--some people may be willing to give a lot for more common dragons because they really like how they look or they're working on a lineage for them, for example.

It's hard to really say for value other than "most people won't trade you a CB Gold dragon for a CB Water dragon".  The best bet is just lurk around in trading threads and the trading hub to see what people are asking for.  Mind you, what people ask for does not always reflect what anybody is willing to offer.  But it's a way to get at least a rough idea of if something is common or rare and such.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Here's a link to the wiki, by the way.  Some super helpful pages especially are the Egg Identification Guide (this will contain spoilers, showing you what each egg looks like as well as what it's description is and where to find it, so if you'd rather figure it all out yourself avoid looking there at first--does make a lovely reference if you can't remember since there's like over 300 dragons now), and the "Breed Specific Action" page for if you're trying to figure out what new abilities and stuff have been added to various dragons.

Another helpful page for you may be the release timeline page to get a look at what came out when.

Aside from the mentors, the "tiny little questions" thread can be great for if you just have a question you want to ask (don't worry about trying to read the entire thing to see if it's been answered), if you don't think your question warrants it's own topic.

(Also, just to mention "Stat" is the shortened version of one of the breed names, "Staterae".  It's a type of Xenowyrm, which is a specific breed of dragon with multiple sub-species that all look different and appear in different biomes.  "Canto" is short for "Cantomaris", another breed of dragon that has various appearances.  2nd gen Staterae dragons will also fetch fairly high prices in trading, and even longer-lineaged and "messy" (no real pattern, possibly inbred, etc.) Stats tend to have solid value due to their obscene rarity.  Pretty sure they're the rarest in the game right now, to the frustration of everyone.  CB Silvers will still also fetch a pretty good deal on the trade market despite being worth less than CB Golds.)

In terms of what you, specifically have...  I didn't check every dragon but you do have some CB Silvers and while they're not worth anywhere near as much, 2nd gen Silver eggs do have more value than the average common out of the cave.  You also have a variety of prize dragons, some of them may be worth something but prize dragon offspring have all dropped drastically in value over the years as they're more common now.  (2nd gens will have the most value, but even those don't command tons the way they used to).  That said, what dragons are considered valuable does have a personal taste component to it--some people may be willing to give a lot for more common dragons because they really like how they look or they're working on a lineage for them, for example.

It's hard to really say for value other than "most people won't trade you a CB Gold dragon for a CB Water dragon".  The best bet is just lurk around in trading threads and the trading hub to see what people are asking for.  Mind you, what people ask for does not always reflect what anybody is willing to offer.  But it's a way to get at least a rough idea of if something is common or rare and such.

Thanks! Anywhere I can chat with you privately to keep learning?

3 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

Hi! I was kinda on the same boat 3 months ago. A lot has changed and I relied on the following to get updated:

Dragon Cave wiki - to see all the new release dragons I missed

Trading Market - to see what people are trading (right now might be a bad time since it's flooded with NR - Newest release, whose flood you just missed by a few hours, but they probably would also show up randomly in the biomes after the flood)

Forum - I looked through the "News" section for big events and releases, and some other random threads

Discord - I didn't join discord until a couple weeks after returning, it's mostly just random talks, but people are very kind and helpful

Functionality - there are a lot of new features, and my favorite is the group function. For example, you can use (#cb white) to search for all CB white dragons you have, or (#2g black) for all 2nd gen black dragons, etc.

As for your question about if anything you had from 11 years ago became treasure, from what Ive gathered, some of the most sought after things now are:

2g SAlt (spriters alt)

2g Thuwed (no waiting list now, just grab them from AP when they are released and hope you are fast enough)

CB Stat (extremely rare to find in biome, highly sought after)

CB gold > CB silver

2G Prize - yes, about this, I see that your signature has trading list for 3g stair. Unfortunately it seems that only 2g or at most 3g prize has trading value these days (crying with my hard earned low gen stair prize 10 years ago)

For 2g prize, sometimes people just want to swap (there's raffle for CB prize each month now), sometimes people ask for rare things. Usually 2g with rare mates > common mates > prize mates, unless specifically demanded.

For 3g prize, usually checker > stair from what it feels to me? Sometimes you get them by swapping, sometimes by offering something nice, but usually not too rare or sought after.

For 3g Salt and Thuwed, some are more valuable than others, and I think it really depends, so if you have some 2g salt and Thuwed before, you could give it a try and put on the trading market.

I haven't learned much about the value of codes, but usually people want CB codes. 

And if you have any CB gold or silver, and breed 2g, usually you could trade for swap or something nice, but don't get your hopes up too much.

CBs that are a little rarer than others: Aeon, Copper (green >>> others), Canto (six variants you can get by performing different BSA), Gemshard (new >>> old)

While Trio and Blusang are still somewhat more uncommon, they definitely decreased in trading value and sometimes would remain in biome for a good minute before someone pick them up.

So that's basically what I've gathered in the past few months after returning from a long hiatus, and I hope this helps :D

Thank you! Can I PM?

1 hour ago, Richied97 said:

Not to stop you doing that - but that's exactly what mentors do. Help by PM.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Richied97 said:

Sadly I don't really have much time/energy for one-on-one help, I just pop in to the questions section when I can.  I do suggest checking that mentor project out, though--that's exactly the kind of thing mentors do :3

5 hours ago, Richied97 said:

Thank you! Can I PM?

Literally one of the site's global moderators is a mentor and offered to help you ... you don't get much better than that! As a graduate of The Mentoring Project myself, I highly recommend the program. You can ask your mentor literally anything about dragon raising. :) Just sign up for the project on that thread; you can ask for a particular mentor, or you'll be paired with one. :) It's a super helpful resource and I highly encourage everyone to take advantage of it.

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

Literally one of the site's global moderators is a mentor and offered to help you ... you don't get much better than that! As a graduate of The Mentoring Project myself, I highly recommend the program. You can ask your mentor literally anything about dragon raising. :) Just sign up for the project on that thread; you can ask for a particular mentor, or you'll be paired with one. :) It's a super helpful resource and I highly encourage everyone to take advantage of it.

This ^

I didn't know about the mentoring project when I returned, but it seemed to be really helpful :D

Happy to be your mentor, Richied97, you can PM me with any questions you have. :)