TJ09

2023-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

I JUST managed to get a score of 200 points but it DIDN’T seem to register the points cause when I hit submit score it doesn’t show up on the game screen…or do the points from each attempt not stack up let alone even actually show up? I mean…I got a point for a combo that I didn’t even realize happened and THAT showed on the in-game screen for all 4 attempts to avoid smashing into stuff that isn’t even remotely close enough to smash into so why doesn’t the current score go up with every successful candy delivery instead of staying at 0 points? I only have my Apple iPhone to play on and yep it’s the newest version. :(
Btw…was there a January release that I missed out on or did January get skipped this year? I’m just curious cause I didn’t see anything about one so I thought it might have been a stealth release.

Edited by Shin'a'in

5 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

sorting before Xol

Hmm, so it can't be Xylitol, either. 🤔 Unless it's not the English version of the word and is spelled Xilitol (like e.g. in Spanish)...

6 hours ago, Shin'a'in said:

Btw…was there a January release that I missed out on or did January get skipped this year? I’m just curious cause I didn’t see anything about one so I thought it might have been a stealth release.

No, January releases are very rare.

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Hmm, so it can't be Xylitol, either. 🤔 Unless it's not the English version of the word and is spelled Xilitol (like e.g. in Spanish)...

I googled "candy / chocolate beginning with letter X" and Xoconostle came up. It's sour by itself, but people seem to make sweet craft chocolate from it.

Someone mentioned the hatchie looking a bit like Quetzalcoatl (or however you want to spell it).  From the same general cultural background would be "Xocolatl".  That stuff isn't really sweet, but it's the precursor of chocolate, so to speak, so maybe related to our sweet-loving little one. 😉

On 2/14/2023 at 5:24 PM, Ashywolf said:

Looking forward to seeing this new dragon progress!

As for the game, it's a miss for me. Too many obstacles in the game, sometimes invisible ones to boot. The perspective makes it very confusing as to telling where the "hitxbox" is for any of the obstacles, and it all seems to clip you even if you aren't visually touching them.  And if you crash into one, it freezes you in a damage animation long enough that it tends to just chain them over and over and your game is done immediately.

What was I supposed to do here, for instance? Apparently I hit either the crystal or house, even though the shadow shows I was not near them.

image.png.47cb9ecf8d1e172450b810a57a41b4a6.png

EXACTLY! WHY is this game so hard and so sensitive? Ridiculous! It should be like most games where you have a defined map for each level so you can at least get used to the terrain. But because the map is random every single time and everything is so sensitive (you didn't even touch it, yet somehow it hit you), plus not knowing where exactly you need to throw the candy to hit anything, plus starting with such a pathetic amount of hearts and candy when the game is so hard! 

It's not fun when it's this hard! Save "hardcore" mode for the upper levels of the game, not the opening level!

3 hours ago, Arwen17 said:

EXACTLY! WHY is this game so hard and so sensitive? Ridiculous! It should be like most games where you have a defined map for each level so you can at least get used to the terrain. But because the map is random every single time and everything is so sensitive (you didn't even touch it, yet somehow it hit you), plus not knowing where exactly you need to throw the candy to hit anything, plus starting with such a pathetic amount of hearts and candy when the game is so hard! 

It's not fun when it's this hard! Save "hardcore" mode for the upper levels of the game, not the opening level!

i feel this would have worked waaay better as a top down game. the angle you play at makes it extremely awkward,

6 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Someone mentioned the hatchie looking a bit like Quetzalcoatl (or however you want to spell it).  From the same general cultural background would be "Xocolatl".  That stuff isn't really sweet, but it's the precursor of chocolate, so to speak, so maybe related to our sweet-loving little one. 😉

I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

I'd like to go on record and say I really enjoyed the candy delivery game. Can't vouch for the mobile version, but after the speed issues were cleared up it was fun on PC! I managed to score 15500.

Absolutely love the colour scheme, and the way the colours transition. Kinda wish the adult didn't have an obvious heart on it again, it's a bit on the nose like with Sakuhana, but overall very pretty.

They are so beautiful, I love that we finally have a green Vday! Congratulations Schen, amazing work as always :wub:

14 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

You were right!

The art for them is soooo stunning! The details on the feathers, colours, pose, the way those wings manage to fit into the tiny space and still look huge is some magic done on perspective. I am in awe! The hatchie and egg artwork was already promising, but this makes me want to go on about how gorgeous they are for hours. Their cute little velociraptor grin, the floofy head feathers, then the tail that looks almost smooth like a snake. ❤️

And a purely subjective reason they are epic: they will nicely match with all copper colours and the pose is kind of mirroring the male sprite, it can't get any more perfect. Just a shame I'll have to trade for anything that is not from green for all eternity. Sometimes I wish we could have cave biome cbs in the first year. ^^°

Can't wait to complain over not being able to decide which pairings I want most, because let's face it there will be hardly anything they don't look good with.  :P  

Ahhh SUCH a gorgeous adult sprite! The depth of color and dynamic shading ... and her face is so friendly ... Brilliant work from Schenanigans, as always 👏 👏 👏

Yay, more feathered dragons! I especially love the heart on its chest

Edited by HeartJacker13

Oh wow, these are stunning! I can't wait to breed them with basically everything. I really didn't want to do anymore holiday x holiday lines but my first thought was that they'd look nice with the iridescence of Iridichis.

I also love that the eggs will be very distinct in the AP next year (because I will want to scoop up all of them).

New  dragon is PERFECT! I can't wait to my hatchling grown up into this masterpiece!

43 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

You were right!

Not completely right, but close enough. 😉

Also, pondering the possible name made me look up the details, and learn something new. The Aztecs assumed the cocoa plant to be a gift from Quetzalcoatl. Fancy that.

And now we have our very own "chocolate serpents". 😉

I really love these ladies - their looks, colours, pose, everything is just amazing! Just beautiful! Their background is very endearing as well. The story about their joyous anticipation of spring leading to gifts and deeds of kindness toward others, and those being payed forward, while whole settlements join in with colourful festivities, is heartwarming and light-hearted. It made me smile and look happily forward to the first glorious days of spring on this (over here) grey, cool and rainy day.

Thank you, Schenanigans, and congratulations on the release of an amazing Valentine dragon!

PS: I just realized, that my two favourite Val dragons by far are both related to chocolate. And of course I'll have to go for a Heartseeker x Xocoatl lineage. Oh dear...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus