TJ09

2023-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Managed to get a score of 1500 in the game! The speed of it seems to have improved.

Hatchlings look so cute! Love their coloration.

Going to just keep a score of 0 on the game. Respect to everyone that did work for it and all. But...I'm not getting the hang of it and likely won't so.

Game is cool and looks really pretty! Thanks a lot for all the effort ❤️
I don't get a highscore though, because I struggle with the perspective. It looks that I'm past the tree and boom it hit me 😅
Waaaay back then in the 90s I had a quite similar game which I played a lot. It had a basically frontal view on a "round" world. I had my car in front of me and had to dodge incoming trees, stones and whatnot that loomed behind the horizon. I spent hours on that simple thing. Thanks for bringing back some lovely memories and nostalgia! :wub:

Oh no i missed the stage 1 hatchies! Guess I'll have to wait until my own eggs hatch. Stage 2 looks very cool though, can't wait for the adults.

...Is anyone able to play the game on their mobile?  I can't seem to avoid the objects, no matter what I try -- is it any better on a computer? 

Pretty pretty!

50 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

...Is anyone able to play the game on their mobile?  I can't seem to avoid the objects, no matter what I try -- is it any better on a computer? 

I can a bit. It’s just really slow to move. 

Edited by Library_gremlin

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

It's definitely easier on computer. I'm running almost all 0s on mobile (one 100), but managed a whopping 600 on the computer. XD

Don't forget to do your egg/hatchie viewing for the encyclopedia while there are eggs and hatchies in the hatcheries! ;)

New high score, 24500....don't think that's happening again. XD 

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't play the minigame.

The obstacles move faster than the player and if you get hit you get stunned and can't move, which wouldn't be a problem if the obstacles didn't keep moving ! I got stun locked multiple times and died. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I can't seem to find the hitboxes of anything, I tried to use the dragon itself, or my shadow, but I still get hit somehow, am I just bad at this ?

Happy belated Valentine's Day!

So non-pink Valentine Dragons again. 😻
Wonder with the brown in them how they will look with Coppers already.

As for the game, maybe now that a bit of stress is no longer there i can get a score above 0.
Yes i thought flying directly over those houses is okay...

Games like that frustrate me endlessly, so I am glad we got the badge for just trying and don't have to play more, thank you ^^

2 hours ago, MissK. said:

New high score, 24500....don't think that's happening again. XD 

:huh: How? Just how? I can't get past 0!

Congrats!

Interesting hatchies. Not typical Valentine colors. Can't wait to see adults!

Managed to get a whole 1000 point run on mobile, so mobile can definitely be played. I don't have a PC, so mobile is my only option.

The Valentines game is a nice idea and thought, but is let down due to being completely broken and I'm glad I just have to play it once to get the badge.

Well I got the badge for the game, but definitely not enjoying it. As many people have mentioned, it seems to count hits when my dragon isn't actually near any objects. And the scrolling angle is really weird, why do we have a rectangular game box, an overhead view, and then a playing area that's basically slanted? Also don't really get how the aiming for throwing the candy goes, it seems kind of random how far I need to be from a house in order for it to hit and why can't we just throw it straight at a house instead of this weird arc-thing? I don't play this sort of game often anyways, but it seems unnecessarily difficult. 

Happy Valentine's everyone! 

Edited by HeatherMarie
typos...

my high score is 10500 on mobile

mobile seems to run much smoother than computers, computers are very janky and glitchy

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Cute little hatchlings! :D Thanks TJ and spriters!

On 2/14/2023 at 12:05 AM, Syiren said:

I think the dragon's character box in the game is bigger than the dragon you control. twice now I've clipped a tree without being close to it. Love the game, but its a bit too hard and fast from the start. ^^;

Same. Highest score I have gotten was 400 and that was sheer luck EDIT: Correction, I DID just manage to get 1200

The eggs are GORGEOUS however and I am excited to see what they grow into

Edited by IzzyCat91

On 2/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, Wolfs_Bane said:

Happy Valentines day everyone! Sorting wise these go right after the Umbra Xenowyrms. So a shy dragon that starts with X that can lured out with sweet treats. The only thing that comes to my mind as far as candies that start with X is Xtreme Sour Warheads and Xtreme Sour Patch Kids. While Sour Patch do become sweet after a bit, I highly doubt this dragon would like anything that is sour flavored.

WB

Can't be anything Xtreme as it's sorting before Xol. 

Spoiler

How about something to do with Xeric from Runescape?  The wyrm-like hatchlings are green, so akin to lizards.  Maybe a Xerician Wyrm . . . ?   https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Xeric

Spoiler

Or something Xerophytic - as in inhabiting a dry environment . . . ?

Whatever they might be, they're very pretty.  I especially like the first stage hatchling - cute :).

Edited by LadyMadonna

Hmm I feel like their name will be a not (fully) real English word...very limited options in that range. I thought of xenial, but that doesn't seem to fit their shy personalities.