TJ09

2023-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's day everyone.

I am spectacularly bad at this game and have a running streak of 0 points.

Happy Valentine's!

Where do you see your high score for the minigame? Man it's a rough one lol. After ages I managed 1500 somehow, and submitted it, but not entirely sure if it stuck haha. 

Happy Valentine's, all! Looking forward to figuring out how to best actually play the minigame, and seeing adults for those super cute hatchlings! ❤️

I got better at the game, but man, with the number of times I've crash-landed into some poor citizen's family home it's amazing that none of them are rioting for better air traffic controls.

Edit:

Is it just me or isn't it something quetzalcoatl-like about the gendered hatchlings?

Edited by Ripan

The game keeps freezing on 'ready' Oh, I had to prompt it. Didn't expect that.

Edited by GuesssWho

Is there some sort of glitch with the minigame tho? I played it but I haven't gotten the badge yet 😕

EDIT: nvm, figured I had to click "submit score" to get the badge 😅

Edited by Axl-fox

3 hours ago, jedisunny said:

Same here. This game is not made for people like us.

Got my eggs in the first rush. Now I get to sit in my hospital bed and try to do something with this game. Wish me luck!

When I first tried to play the game it moved so fast I could barely react. Now my dragon is flying much slower, and the controls are much more manageable.

Happy Valentines everyone! The new eggs are gorgeous, I love how colourful they are.

I'm... torn on the game. I would be fine with it being hard if it felt fair, but too often it feels like obstacles spawn in such a way that there's not safe path through, and the hitboxes are deceptively large on some objects. I would also like a word with whoever decided tiny, hard to see birds were a good idea for an obstacle... 

It's still pretty charming though, and I like the choice of a Roseate Alcedine as the player character. I probably just won't play it much after today because it's a bit frustrating.

Happy Valentine’s! I have a prediction for the name, really looking forward to the reveal. 

The game's slowed down for me but I'm still no better at it!

Loving the hatchies 🥰

Looking forward to seeing this new dragon progress!

As for the game, it's a miss for me. Too many obstacles in the game, sometimes invisible ones to boot. The perspective makes it very confusing as to telling where the "hitxbox" is for any of the obstacles, and it all seems to clip you even if you aren't visually touching them.  And if you crash into one, it freezes you in a damage animation long enough that it tends to just chain them over and over and your game is done immediately.

What was I supposed to do here, for instance? Apparently I hit either the crystal or house, even though the shadow shows I was not near them.

image.png.47cb9ecf8d1e172450b810a57a41b4a6.png

Edited by Ashywolf

8 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

Looking forward to seeing this new dragon progress!

As for the game, it's a miss for me. Too many obstacles in the game, sometimes invisible ones to boot. The perspective makes it very confusing as to telling where the "hitxbox" is for any of the obstacles, and it all seems to clip you even if you aren't visually touching them.  And if you crash into one, it freezes you in a damage animation long enough that it tends to just chain them over and over and your game is done immediately.

What was I supposed to do here, for instance? Apparently I hit either the crystal or house, even though the shadow shows I was not near them.

image.png.47cb9ecf8d1e172450b810a57a41b4a6.png

Yeah, I was happy to reach 400... what does your mailbox icon for this event look like with a score of 6600?

I like the look of the new hatchlings, looking forward to seeing the adult! ❤️

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

7 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Yeah, I was happy to reach 400... what does your mailbox icon for this event look like with a score of 6600?

I don't believe there have been event badges with progression in many years...in any case, there is no difference with a 6600 score.

I'm really not into this sort of game . . . but at least it gave me a bit of relief from constantly hitting refresh in the Valentine biome.  Did TJ forget to include any Vermeil dragons - lol?!  Sooooo frustrated!  Somehow I got a high score of 2200.  My average is zero . . . just like the Vermeil dragons :(

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :D

6 hours ago, jedisunny said:

oh man same, I keep on smacking trees or the crystals.  :lol:

10 hours ago, jedisunny said:

i too am a member of the 0 point running streak club! 🙃

Got the 2023 Valentine Badge. I guess when I finally kamikaze'd a val into a house before I died.