Tigerkralle

ANSWERED:Pyropellis Wyvern bred to a purple Valentine breed not turning purple?

Go to solution Solved by KageSora,

Hello so i expected to see a nice purple on my Pyropellis Wyverna and was disappointed.
Is this intended behaviour for the Pyropellis Wyvern? Is this because of special breeding rules during Valentine breeding season? Would a Pyropellis Wyvern turn purple if bred out of Valentine breeding season?

My little egg soon hatchling and the parents

The pyropellis wyvern's change color based on the flame of the dragon, not the color of the dragon.  While the Amarignis (the type of Valentine that you bred it to) does have some purple elements to the flames, they're not super purple.

The only two dragons that will result in a purple change for a pyropellis are Omen Wyrms and the green variant of the Fire Gems (as of right now).

It's a little weird sometimes, I use the wiki to check which mates would result in which color.

Ah okay, so i have to breed something i don't want to change the colour later then.
Well at least later on it will look perfect.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's what a lot of people do--it also lets you get some really interesting looking lineages if you change their color later!

You're welcome!

When pyropellis wyverns were released and people started experimenting with the breeding results, some were surprised by this specific pairing. Dohaerys explained that the amarignis flames "are not flames in the conventional sense but rather magic manifesting itself to resemble flames." So that's why they have no effect on the pyropellis' flame colour!