Shadowdrake

Spring mini-event: no refusals week

It's very convenient for holidays to temporarily turn off refusals, and while I understand that's because they're time-limited, it'd be nice if the rest of the breeds had a chance once a year as well. There's a lot of difficult to replace dragons - prizes, saltkins, 2g thuweds, codes, etc. - so one week where refusals are turned off, even if breeding isn't guaranteed and they can refuse afterwards, would help mitigate being truly unlucky such as if they refuse with fertility. 

I feel this best fits as an added aspect of the Easter event, though if the moving dates makes it troublesome perhaps early March or April would still be suitable?

Summary:

- one week where all refusals are turned off (except for impossible pairs like holiday x holiday)

- happens on Easter or other spring week

- no guaranteed egg, just a yearly chance at one

- does not affect true compatibility; i.e. acts like holiday breeding re: compatibility history

--- but ideally accepts fertility as an egg booster

Not Easter. No more "whose religion trumps whose" discussions !

Spring Solstice week, maybe ?

Fun and practical idea, I like it!

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not Easter. No more "whose religion trumps whose" discussions !

Though I'm not super happy about the site's strict adherence to Christian holidays either, I do think maybe it would be good to place it around the same time as the existing Easter event - purely because there's a visual/attention-grabbing gameplay element already to help people remember that there's an event going on. If that makes sense?

I think I'd personally straight up forget about no refusals week if it was the only thing going on during the event. And I personally always felt the Easter event was a bit tame as it was. Combining two spring events into one would help them both stand out a bit more, in my opinion. :)

I like this! I support it being a part of the Easter event/part of a pre existing event as opposed to its own week, as that just seems more logical and less extra work (extra event reminder if it was different, etc).

One thing though, I think it should be made SUPER clear how this works. There's already many users who get confused about how come their holiday x non holidays refuse out of season despite having children, which imo is more reasonable/easier to explain as the holiday children can only be bred one week a year, but this would mean that there would be refused non holiday pairs that have existing children that aren't automatically visually associated with an event.  Just like, a disclaimer on the breed page during this event or something, just to help people remember.

I have to agree, pairing it with another attention-grabbing event already taking place would make it easier to remember it. Easter would be a good fit for that, imo. Eggs.

Buuuuuut if it was its own week, say Spring Solstice, how could it be made to stand out to users beyond a News link? Every other event makes it clear on-site that something worth paying attention to is happening, whether it's holidays taking over the biomes/AP for a week+ or the April Fool's event triggering the Prisoners Dilemma game in the biomes for the day. What could be done on-site to tell players "hey, this week, refusals are turned off! breed your (previously-refused) stuff!" so it isn't just forgotten?

I don't have an opinion for when or where this event would be on the calendar but I love the idea! Also basically any excuse to be here more is a good one :) I like when the cave is full of people and I think small events like this is a good way to retain activity when there aren't major holidays going on. I like this!