purplehaze

ANSWERED:Problem with search feature on forum?

Go to solution Solved by Fuzzbucket,

Can we no longer narrow searches on the forum in one step?

There used to be a drop down that allowed you to pick different, multiple criteria for a search.

Now the drop down is much more limited and only allows picking one.

For example, I wanted to search for previous years' Secret Santa threads to see what we had done before about something we have run into this year.

I used to be able to narrow it down to search immediately for the words "secret santa" in topic titles only. Now I get a choice of Everywhere, This Forum, Topics, Events, or Members. If I use Topics, I get 49 pages of results from all over the forum of every post that mentions Secret Santa. If I use "This Forum" in the Trading Forum where Secret Santa is found I still get 36 pages of results -- every single post from every Secret Santa year + other posts in trades that are asking for something for their secret Santa.

In both cases, only then do I get the option to search for "Secret Santa" in content titles only, which gives me what I need -- just the main topic post for Secret Santa each year.

And one more annoyance -- if I immediately click on that option, I get the message "Please wait x seconds before attempting another search" and it wipes out my original search so I have to start over!

Is this the new normal for searching, or am I missing something?

If you use this link, it saves time:

forums.dragcave.net/search/?

It occurred to me one afternoon when I was hacked off....

Which is almost what we used to get in the dropdown.

@TJ09 is there any way to change this back?

I noticed something was different when I used the search function this week— it wasn’t working like it used to. 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Which is almost what we used to get in the dropdown.

@TJ09 is there any way to change this back?

No, this is just how the forum's search feature works now. It's been like this since the last update in November.

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

No, this is just how the forum's search feature works now. It's been like this since the last update in November.

Now you mention it, I think I worked it out on my OTHER invision forum. I wish invision weren't;' so **** inflexible.If you go to their forums there are always people saying "PUT IT BACK" to something or other !