Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

honeycloves-

Hello!

Hey! My name's Noah

my pronouns are he/they, and I am neurodivergent, so please be patient w/ me

I am an artist, and a novice guitarist. My main fandoms are currently Minecraft and Among Us

I found this semi-forum game while playing another semi-forum game, and was interested in the concept ^^

I would greatly appreciate any and all directions as to the EXTREME basics of this game, what the community is like, etc etc.

thank you to anyone who views this post at all,  and I hope I find my footing here 

Hi Noah and welcome to dragon collecting :D When I first joined, the folks at the Mentoring Project helped me a TON with figuring out what everything was, so I totally recommend checking out the thread. The basic most basic part of the game is... collecting dragons! Picking up eggs in the Biomes, or taking an egg from the Abandoned Page, is a good place to start. Some folks collect their favorites, some want to collect one of each, some make long and/or pretty lineages, but the basic start point is "Oh that egg seems interesting, I want it." You need to 'raise' your dragons by getting them views and clicks, but there are fansites that will help with that (be careful not to put a very young egg on a fansite, or to put an egg on too many fansites, or they might get too many views and get sick!)

Minecraft is awesome~ Do you have a favorite mode to play on? I started attempting Hardcore but it does not generally go very well for me ^^;;;;

Alright! I might head there n check it out if browsing the general web yields no results [I haven't done my research yet, since I'm still just finding my footing and raising my first few eggs]
I've already visited a fansite or two and honestly the amount of branching out this community has seems insanely cool! it's gonna be super fun to eventually become accustomed to things and figure out just how large the "tree" of fansites and online resources for this game is, especially seeing as it has been around for so long.

I love just playing survival with my friends when it comes to minecraft! I have a server that I recently started with just one friend, and we're writing some interesting lore about it. It's most fun for me to challenge myself to create what I want in a survival setting, whether alone or playing off the dynamic of another person. I love being the hoarder/housekeeper/builder type, so it benefits me most when my playing partner is a fighter or an explorer, because it forces me out of my comfort zone and helps me have fun and do new things ^^
sorry for rambling btw,, i'm generally long winded

Yes, the community has a LOT going on and I think it is super cool! I was kind of worried about how I'd keep my eggs alive when I first started out, finding the fansites was SO helpful. I wonder how folks managed before fansites, it seems like it would have been really really hard.

I also like to build and hoard things in Minecraft, but my partner likes to go on adventures together, which... usually I die, unfortunately xD;  Rambling is okay by me, but we're not supposed to get VERY off-topic in the chat here so if you'd like to ramble more (I would love to hear your lore!) we should do it over messaging ^^

Edit - Went ahead and sent a message, you should see a little notification at the top-right of the forum, it's a tiny envelope ^^

Welcome to DC forum! I am fan of minecraft too! I came here from someone's sig in minecaft form a decade ago XD