Moonlight_Eevee

Small QoL Update: Add What Day it is

Just a small little update like the title says. Add what day it is next to the little day/night symbol.

Support! Since we have dragons whose colors are determined by day, I think it only makes sense to be able to quickly and easily check which day it is cave-time. :)

1 hour ago, seventeendeer said:

Support! Since we have dragons whose colors are determined by day, I think it only makes sense to be able to quickly and easily check which day it is cave-time. :)

Especially since there's players ahead of dc time (especially by 6 hours or so)

I was about to ask why this was needed but then remembered that people are in different timezones and may be a day ahead or behind of cave time - so this is a support from me! 

Definitely been mentioned, I still fully support this idea since we have day of week influenced dragons now.

It would be easy to add in around the time, but if people think that's too cluttered it should at least be mentioned on the time page when you click the time.

(And as I said before and will stand by now, it should be listed in plain English the way the rest of the site is abou that sort of thing--some folks have suggested custom names for the days to add a lore flavor to them, and I dislike that immensely.)

Adding on here: I'm one of those people in a funky timezone (6 hours ahead), and yeah, I sure have to do some weird calculations when breeding my Gemshards. And like, I'm used to it, it's not a huge concern, but it is annoying - probably more so to new players. Having it at the very least be mentioned on the time page, as KageSora says, would really help 😅

Actually, I think even a step further but including which day of the month it is on the time page might be good.  IIRC, Undead dragons have one of their chance boosts in the 31st of each month, so that would be helpful to people in other timezones.

Though if we had day of the week added that could be used to calculate which day of the month it is cave-time and all

Seems like a great idea to me, as someone who's one day ahead of DC's time zone for most of my day. I think it makes sense to have the day of the week displayed somewhere, on the time page at the very least.

Pretty sure I've supported a suggestion like that before but it's still necessary, and very simple to add. We already have real life time and timezone mentioned on site, so the day in plain English should be fine as well surely. It already mattered for zombie attempts (increased chances on 31st, I always have to make sure it IS the correct day on DC since I'm on another time zone) and people who wanted to catch or breed eggs on meaningful dates, but now it's also important for variants, so all the more reason.

Edited by MissK.

I would also like to add that I would like it if the date of the month is shown as well, for people who do zombie experiments on the 31st of the month. 

Support! This just makes sense to me. Displaying it next to the time would be convenient but at least having it accessible on the time page would be nice. I think date and day of the week would both be good to have.

Quick mockup of how it might be able to look.

image.png.2c60692984537852d1484b652b6a93c5.png

As of right now we don't need the month in particular, though if that ever changes it would start to get a bit busy on mobile so it might make more sense to just leave the time displayed as-is but include the day of the week, date, and month (if that ever becomes relevant) on the "time" page when you click on the time display and all.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

I support adding this or whatever the lore equivalent day of the week is. 

I still give zero support for adding in lore-based day names.

Real-world is less confusing, and has long-standing precedent so there's no need to do them as lore-based names.

16 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I still give zero support for adding in lore-based day names.

Real-world is less confusing, and has long-standing precedent so there's no need to do them as lore-based names.

Absolutely agree. Not to mention people not on forum would have no idea.

I also agree we shouldn't do lore-based day names because, if you look at the derivatives of the names for the days of the week (in english at least), they don't seem too outlandish for this universe (AFAIK, I haven't looked too much into DC lore). Plus, the dates for when dragons are stolen/bred/hatched/growed up are already recorded without lore-friendly modifiers. Did this universe really have an Augustus and a Julius Ceasar who added two extra months to the calendar and named them after themselves? For some things you've got to suspend your disbelief a little bit just for the sake of convenience.

Honestly, I don't care if we do or don't use made-up lore names. I still support the suggestion. I was just mentioning it because weird game decisions often are made in the name of lore (like the moons that dictate the lunar heralds). 

Given that we have two moons, that "makes" sense; planning breeding etc based on day of the week - which is an IRL day of the week - is different. (Mercifully I rely on my PC to tell me date and day of the week, so only use the on site info for DC time....)