schenanigans

Make Encyclopedia Page Sprite Order Consistent

Currently with the way the Encyclopedia works, the breed is represented by the male sprite in the overview. But once you click on the breed and get taken to the breed's encyclopedia page, there is no consistency for which gender is listed first. For example, Black Tea shows the Male adult sprite first, followed by the female. But the Blancblack page shows the Female adult sprite first. This can be confusing, and I often have to back out of the page to verify which gender is which sprite. Updating this so that all encyclopedia pages show the male sprite first would make it much easier to discern. 

Agree that this should be consistent throughout. It can be confusing as it is.

I'd really like that.  Or, barring that, at least label which is which.

Actually both would probably be good--unify the order and clearly lable which is which for dimorphic sprites

8 hours ago, KageSora said:

Actually both would probably be good--unify the order and clearly lable which is which for dimorphic sprites

Yes, I think that could be the best solution! But even either one alone would be much better than the current inconsistency, which has been brought up in other threads as well. I also find this quite confusing (and a bit annoying) and would be happy if it was changed.

Support OP's suggestion + labeling which is which, both are more intuitive than what we have now. I know I've had to look up which sprite was which on the wiki on occasion, would be nice to be able to do it on the site itself instead. :)

Though I'm somewhat surprised to hear the overview exclusively shows male sprites, I hadn't noticed before. Would be nice if we could toggle that option, show all-male/show all-female. But that's probably best discussed in its own suggestion thread.

I don't think the index even shows male first; horse displays the female despite being one of the oldest breeds, so for all we know it's whatever sprite was added first.