Murkydepths

Let me summon 4 GoNs/make frozen GoN not count?

Cannot get both GoN freezies unless you want to sacrifice having a male and female of the adults. Sad times. I suggest we be allowed to get them freezies. This is not a particularly deep suggestion. 

You have all the sprites, so not that huge an issue. I could get behind four adults, though.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Full support for either option. Whatever would allow me to have a full set of baby sprites, while also keeping both a male and female adult for breeding ...

I'm leaning more toward having babies not count toward the limit - I'd love to collect the hatchie sprites without making the adults less rare - but allowing people to choose for themselves whether they'd rather have two more adults or complete the sprite set would be good too.

Don't support. Not because I think it's useless or stupid or anything of the sort, but because I don't see the logic behind limiting the breed limit to 4. I get that you want a breeding pair + a frozen hatchling from each stage, but since there are people who want frozen hatchling sprites of each gender as well, and that would add up to 5, as in adult f, adult m, stage 2 frozen hatchling f, stage 2 frozen hatchling m, and stage 1 frozen hatchling. And so on and so forth. Why not just get rid of the breed limits behind GoNs? I remember when the limit used to be 2 per scroll. 

28 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

Don't support. Not because I think it's useless or stupid or anything of the sort, but because I don't see the logic behind limiting the breed limit to 4. I get that you want a breeding pair + a frozen hatchling from each stage, but since there are people who want frozen hatchling sprites of each gender as well, and that would add up to 5, as in adult f, adult m, stage 2 frozen hatchling f, stage 2 frozen hatchling m, and stage 1 frozen hatchling. And so on and so forth. Why not just get rid of the breed limits behind GoNs? I remember when the limit used to be 2 per scroll. 

I'd also totally be up for no limit. But sense that would be less popular to suggest cause it more massively changes the original intention. 

Didn't know we only used to be able to get two GoNs! If it's been changed before it could change again. 

I'm not entirely sure that has legs as an argument. "collect all the sprites" means nothing if your playstyle is "collect every adult and hatchling", the same way that "collect both adults" doesn't mean anything when your playstyle is "collect every sprite". If we're increasing the limit only by one, it should be with a view to CONTINUE increasing it slowly over time. Much like the "release a new trophy level" debates.

~~

I used to think hatchies should have no / separate breed limits for this exact reason; removing the limit on bred holidays gave another solution to that problem which avoided issues with hoarding. Given that you can't breed or trade GoNs anyway, I'd support some means of getting additional hatchies, whatever it is- a separate hatchling limit, being able to summon pre-frozen hatchies, an increased limit overall.

Edited by _Charky

I agree with the idea of frozen hatchlings not counting towards the limit of 3, as someone who wants a male/female of every dragon including their hatchling counterparts. 

I'd like this, or upping the limit further in general.  The entire reason I only have 2 right now is because I'm equally torn between wanting a male/female pair of adults, and wanting all the sprites.

I'd be okay with the idea of "frozen hatchlings don't count" but then you run into the idea of "what if somebody is at max for their adults and has no hatchlings so they want frozen ones?"  You can't just have it as "the summoned hatchling is frozen right away" unless you introduce the ability to summon a specific stage of hatchling because otherwise nobody would be able to get a gendered hatchling without releasing one of their adults...

I think the simplest solution is to just up the total limit from 3.  4 or 5 make the most sense.  4 allows one of each stage plus a second adult of the opposite gender, and 5 allows one of each stage with both an extra adult and hatchling so you can get both genders in both stages.  (I know that there's no dimorphism between them and all, but some people still like having male/female hatchlings even if there's no dimorphism!)

It's not the most applicable solution, but I was suddenly struck by how adorable it would be if frozen Magma, Thunder and Ice hatchies could summon a frozen baby GoN. I have no idea how this would impact anything, but I just have to put it out there because it's funny ...

That IS funny :D I like it ! And it would get around a few of the more general issues.

2 hours ago, seventeendeer said:

It's not the most applicable solution, but I was suddenly struck by how adorable it would be if frozen Magma, Thunder and Ice hatchies could summon a frozen baby GoN. I have no idea how this would impact anything, but I just have to put it out there because it's funny ...

Actually, that's kind of a neat idea!

Especially if you had it tied to which stage they're at.  I could see it being annoying for people who, say, want a GoN hatchling but really hate the look of one of the other dragons as hatchlings but you run into the same problem if somebody wants a GoN of any stage but doesn't like the adults of one of the trio as it is, so...

I sure would love to see it happen! If nothing else, it would be cute and fun. And yeah, KageSora, great idea with having it be tied to the hatchlings' stages!

I support this suggestion, in that only GoN adults should count towards the limit.

I love the idea of frozen trio hatchies being able to summon frozen GoN hatchies, it's really cute, I support that too.

16 hours ago, seventeendeer said:

This is such a good idea! I support this too!

Support! I honestly kind of like the breed limit of 3 as it applies to the adults only, because it's a fun little statistic on whether people have two males or two females, and that spirals out into what breeds they most commonly like to breed their GoNs to, or if it was a deliberate decision versus letting rng have its way, and so on and so forth. For example, I have two females and one male adult because the two dragons that I hoard and breed obsessively (no prizes for guessing which ones lmao) are both male-only species.

That said, I think frozen hatchlings shouldn't count. I can sort of understand why they do, in that people having to choose which way they want to prioritise their very scarce GoN resource is interesting in the same way I find how users let their adults gender interesting, but it has a much bigger negative impact on the player enjoyment, and games should prioritise their players' enjoyment imo.

Frozen GoN hatchlings not counting towards breed limits, support. Frozen trio hatchies summoning a frozen GoN hatchie of the same stage, absolutely hecking adorable, full support!

On 1/4/2023 at 2:57 AM, seventeendeer said:

I support this idea! I think it's adorable, it makes sense, and it doesn't really change or affect current gameplay.