KageSora

Disallow offering dragons on a trade if the person is at limit [duplicate-ish?]

Basically if the person who's trade you're offering on already has their CB limit for holiday dragons, I think that you should be unable to select holiday dragons to offer them.

I had to turn down a trade I otherwise would have considered because I simply wasn't able to accept it because it had 2 different CB holidays that I've been at CB cap before.

It could simply say "(breed limit reached)", the way you get "(in trade)" and such when you already have stuff up for trade elsewhere.

It would save people time knowing they simply can't offer something instead of potentially sitting there for a few hours if the person is offline awaiting a response that's guaranteed to be a decline.

Or, at the very least, if you want to be able to still have people offer because somebody might want to release a current CB for a CB with a different code, at least give some indication that the person you're making an offer towards is currently at limit and wouldn't be unable to accept it without getting rid of one of their existing CBs.

Actually, I realized after I posted this that a similar idea was already proposed which I think is a very good idea

Edited by KageSora
added link to other existing suggestion that covers this well enough

This applies to every-which reason we can't accept a trade - or indeed offer on one. In a perfect world we could accept or offer on part of a trade. But I don't see this particular issue as separate from the basic issue - that some trades simply cannot go through for one reason or another.

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This applies to every-which reason we can't accept a trade - or indeed offer on one. In a perfect world we could accept or offer on part of a trade. But I don't see this particular issue as separate from the basic issue - that some trades simply cannot go through for one reason or another.

Mechanically, yeah, it works out about the same and I think that having at least a warning that the person you're offering on can't accept the trade at this time would be helpful in all circumstances.

But I think holiday dragons are a bit different in spirit, simply because of their innate limits--it's far more likely that somebody would be willing or able to dump an extra egg to make room for a trade to be accepted than it is that they'd release a dragon they've had for years and bred lineages from.  With being egglocked you may also be able to hatch something quickly depending on how much time it has left.  Or you may be able to ask the person to wait it out if you can contact them via the forum or something.  But with holidays, once you're at limit there's no "waiting it out" or "hurrying to make it stop locking you up" the way there is with eggs or even hatchlings putting you at growing things limits.  There's only release one or more existing dragons and hope the person didn't cancel their offer in the meantime.  (Especially a concern if you were offline when they made the offer and it's been a few hours and they may come back at any time, see the offer still sitting there, and cancel it to make offers elsewhere)

Suggest adding "breed limit" to title as I thought this was another thread for "don't allow to offer if locked" at first. Otherwise, support since we can't communicate or partially reject offers to make it easier on both parties.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I think I prefer the suggestion that we be able to accept just part of a trade. That would handily address this issue, as well as being useful for when someone offers one thing that you really want and something else that you don't want/can't take.

Exactly. Covers this and any number of other similar issues.

1 hour ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I think I prefer the suggestion that we be able to accept just part of a trade. That would handily address this issue, as well as being useful for when someone offers one thing that you really want and something else that you don't want/can't take.

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly. Covers this and any number of other similar issues.

That would be useful on the trade initiator's side of things, yes.  But the idea of warning or disallowing somebody from offering is also beneficial to the offerer.

The idea of "only accept part of a trade" doesn't address the fact that they now have eggs that are impossible for the person to accept that are sitting in limbo for potentially several hours if the person is offline, unless they give up and pull their offer to use elsewhere.  By being at least given a heads up they could simply not offer those eggs and instead offer those eggs on a different trade.

That said, if we got the combination of ability to accept part of a trade alongside the ability to offer dragons on multiple trades at once that would address this issue almost entirely.  (It wouldn't help if they, say, are offering an egg and a hatchling for your egg, and they are currently egg-locked and require you to accept the egg from their trade to get their hatchling.  That just brings it right back to the "you have to release one of your dragons or reject the entire trade" issue.)

[Also, I realize now that this was suggested before--by Fuzzbucket!  Just not in the context of CB holidays but in the context of "somebody offered on my trade but I can't accept it because they're egg-locked", and I don't see how warning that the person can't accept a trade because they're at CB holiday limit is all that different?]

While I understand the issue completely and have been in the same position, no support for the suggestion as it is. I think it makes more sense that there would be a very obvious warning, but not a block from offering altogether. I've seen people looking for codes before even though they already have 2 CBs of a limited breed, because if they're offered something great, they'd gladly release or abandon one they already own.