Midnight_Kitty

Is there any way to retroactively have my dragons count? (encyclopedia & breed limits)

Go to solution Solved by KageSora,

I used to play a ton but stopped for years and came back for christmas this year. I want to keep collecting and catch back up, but I noticed the encyclopedia doesn't count any currently-owned adults, and the holiday 'breed limit' counter was also inaccurate, and didn't account for even some of my adult dragons I had. Outside of not wanting to accidentally have too many of something in the future, is there any way we can retroactively add our current collection to the encyclopedia or will I need to go one by one and raise/click all the stages of them? Thanks!

PS sorry if this has been addressed, I did do a search but either I'm butts at searching the forum or it's not been a topic in here specifically.

Dragons raised before the Encyclopedia was implemented aren't counted in it.

Not sure how long ago it's been for ya, but holiday breed limits were changed a few years back so only cave born dragons count toward the limit. You can have as many bred holiday or Valentine's dragons as you want, but only 2 CBs of each breed. :)

10 minutes ago, Midnight_Kitty said:

Outside of not wanting to accidentally have too many of something in the future

To be fair, the only way you can really have "too many" of something is if you have a personal goal of "no more than/exactly X amount of this dragon", and you'll always have to do that manually.  The game itself will stop you from being able to pick up more than the limits allow for and give you an error message instead if you try, or accidentally click something you're at cap on.

11 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Dragons raised before the Encyclopedia was implemented aren't counted in it.

Not sure how long ago it's been for ya, but holiday breed limits were changed a few years back so only cave born dragons count toward the limit. You can have as many bred holiday or Valentine's dragons as you want, but only 2 CBs of each breed. :)

oh this actually makes a lot of sense, I was wondering if it was just a "if you get caught" type of thing but it being CB didn't even cross my mind.

It's been like 9+ years 😅
darn on the no retroactive though 🥲

11 hours ago, KageSora said:

To be fair, the only way you can really have "too many" of something is if you have a personal goal of "no more than/exactly X amount of this dragon", and you'll always have to do that manually.  The game itself will stop you from being able to pick up more than the limits allow for and give you an error message instead if you try, or accidentally click something you're at cap on.

this also didn't occur to me but it being CB specific didn't cross my mind because when I saw the post, it had mentioned the breed limits so I wasn't even thinking about older CBs since I hadn't seen the holiday biome yet either.