TJ09

2022-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, MessengerDragon said:

Does the game not have music, or is mine just being glitchy? Feels eerily quiet without the soundtrack I'm used to walking around to.

And also, is anybody else unable to talk to the person near the magelight?

1 hour ago, MessengerDragon said:

Does the game not have music, or is mine just being glitchy? Feels eerily quiet without the soundtrack I'm used to walking around to.

There is no audio this time. Composing music takes a lot of time and skill, so it's not done often for events. Dragon Cave has more pixel artists than composers.

3 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

And also, is anybody else unable to talk to the person near the magelight?

Do you mean this person? They seem to be talking.

image.png

10 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

There is no audio this time. Composing music takes a lot of time and skill, so it's not done often for events. Dragon Cave has more pixel artists than composers.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. (I wouldn't have minded if it only used tunes that had appeared in the previous adventures either though)

10 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

image.png

Yes, that person. For me, they had the little triangle above their head to indicate that they're interact-able, but when I pressed SPACE or ENTER, nothing happened. I think I managed to fix it though, it works now.

16 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

image.png

I'm not getting any dialogue when I try talking to them

Happy holidays everyone!! 🤩🥳🎅🌲💫

Does anyone know how to play the farmer mini game on iPad? Can’t move or do anything without a keyboard… is there any way one can summon a virtual keyboard that sticks around even if there’s no text to write?

12 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

I'm not getting any dialogue when I try talking to them

I started getting dialogue after I fiddled with some of my Ghostery (tracker blocker browser add-on) settings, by the way.

It's weird though, that's the only character that didn't give dialogue before the aforementioned fiddling, all the others were fine from the start. I wonder why...

1 hour ago, Tatzelwyrm said:

I've found out that if you walk behind the counter at the shop and talk to Tebald and Eva, then you'll get to give them gifts. I've gotten bunnies, squirrels, and a Glystere dragon as decorations from Eva. Haven't figured out what gifts they like yet,  but Eva will mention running out of "Air mana" and Tebald mentions being low on "baked goods".

Yup, updates are happening; I tried talking to them behind the counter yesterday and back then there was no option to give gifts.

Going to go around and see if there're new decorations to be found today - I noticed yesterday that the color choices of curtains currently doesn't match the colors available for the railings and bows.

My collection:

Spoiler

Curtains

Blue

Purple

Green

Yellow

Black

Red

Railing

Blue

Gold

Green

Pink

Red

White

Front (bows)

Blue

Gold

Green

Pink

Red

White

It's is now also possible to make my own sugar and cocoanut powder (the purplish pile of powder).

Hatchlings look very nice! thanks for the little extra-games! Merry Christmas / happy Solstice!

How do you even know if a character likes something specifically? I get the same (positive) reactions every time, no matter what I give.

1 hour ago, HPhaeton said:

How do you even know if a character likes something specifically? I get the same (positive) reactions every time, no matter what I give.

I think it's when there's a yellow exclamation mark above their speech bubble. Try one of the gifts that others have listed as favourites.

1 hour ago, HPhaeton said:

Check back a page or two in this thread. There are a couple of lists of what each character likes.

I feel a bit sad because I never really took the time to plan my Christmas breedings... and we have so many beautiful new dragons that I would have loved to pair with my CBs! I ended up breeding most of my holidays to the AP, and I still wasn't happy with all the pairings I chose. But I hope someone enjoys them!

Myself, I do enjoy those 2Gs that I kept, as well as a lovely prizekin I traded for, and at least this time I still have scroll space left in case I wanted to do some AP hunting later. And oh, this year's Christmas hatchies are looking so cute, I can't wait to see the adults! Thanks once again to everyone involved, and merry Christmas to all. 🎄❄️

I believe I have found the exact cause of that NPC to the far east not working properly.

Spoiler

There appears to be a script containing the string "miner.js" which is a no-no string for some extensions. If you allow the script, you should be fine.

Edited by 0x08

2 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

I think it's when there's a yellow exclamation mark above their speech bubble. Try one of the gifts that others have listed as favourites.

That's what I assumed, at first. But I don't always get those exclamation marks when I gift the ones suggested on those lists. 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Check back a page or two in this thread. There are a couple of lists of what each character likes.

I did. But I got the same positive reaction as I got when I gifted other things. So, I was wondering what people were talking about when they said x character preferred x thing. 

Has anyone got the person with the magelight to talk ?

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

image.png

I can't get them to talk either. No bubble, only the arrow - which does nothing.

What can I do with a candelabra ?

On 12/26/2022 at 2:47 AM, casprrr said:

Try the delete key

Thanks! Backspace worked.

Btw, can we decorate inside the house or just the outside?

Edited by Charity322

34 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What can I do with a candelabra ?

The candelabra goes in the windows instead of using the curtains.  It seems silly to me that we can't use both.  The candelabras alone look a bit odd.   Similarly on the deck - it's all either/or.   As a whole, to my mind, the game is very clunky and terribly slow/time-consuming.  It was much easier (more intuitive) to work the Halloween farm - it didn't need all this endless dialogue each and every time you want to do anything.  As somebody else said about buying seeds in the store - but it's the same rigmarole with everything.  Still . . . I guess it fills time if you have nothing else to do - lol - and I find myself idly drawn to it ;)

Also, haven't worked out what the bonus is that we get when we manage to stop the slider on the centre button . . . anyone . . . ?

Edited by LadyMadonna

OH ! Well, thanks.

And I was wondering about the bonus, too.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

12 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

Also, haven't worked out what the bonus is that we get when we manage to stop the slider on the centre button . . . anyone . . . ?

I tested it with the mana. Hitting the marker gave me four, anywhere else gave me two mana. Not sure if that holds true for other items.

Yes. When it says 'Nice! You have...', it means you hit the exact centre and you receive extras of whatever item it is.