magikarpa05

what do you think about the Russian names of dragons?

Hello everyone! What do you think about changing the names of dragons in Russian to English? For example, to make Vremya Dragon become banal Dragon of Time or something else, but keeping the primary semantics. Nowadays, having Russian is not a very cool thing, right? And for Ukrainians playing the game, Russian names can become a trigger. 

I would recommend against banning a language or casting aspersions on a people and culture because of global geopolitics. This entire suggestion is in poor taste.

Russian is widely spoken in the ukraine too, and most former soviet countries. 

We also can't demonise an entire culture based on the actions of a few; Racism isn't suddenly ok because there's a war.

EDIT

I saw you're from the ukraine. Don't take these comments too harshly; we are sympathetic. If you ever need to talk or vent here you can, just try to avoid assigning collective blame.  I hope you're safe. x

Edited by _Ro_

It’s not a cool thing to cast blame on all Russians or Russian culture just because their government is doing bad things. Plenty of Ukrainian people have Russian heritage and culture, too. And we have Russian users here— don’t be cruel to them, please. 

I don't think this thread belongs in Discussion, it seems more of a Suggestions area thing. I'm sure England and the USA have done enough bad things that English is a trigger to some people as well, anyway...

10 hours ago, magikarpa05 said:

[REMOVED]

The fact that some people wanted you dead doesn't mean that all people in Russia are like that. And it also doesn't mean that the Russian language or any other language should be banned.

Edited by Kaini

57 minutes ago, Reazek said:

The fact that some people wanted you dead doesn't mean that all people in Russia are like that. And it also doesn't mean that the Russian language or any other language should be banned.

ok, i got it

I think what Marrionetta said is really all that needs to be said about this.

I'm so sorry for all Ukrainians, and for everyone else suffering because of the war, but the fault doesn't lie with the Russian people, nor with the Russian culture or language. Banning a language would be a discriminatory practice, like a message to its speakers that they are not welcome to this community. And I believe that Dragon Cave is supposed to be a game where all people are treated equally - TJ himself has said before that there's no room for any form of discrimination on DC.

If this discussion will continue, I hope at least that people would be careful with their words and avoid all blaming of people, regardless of their language or nationality. DC should stay a safe and fun place to all players!

On 12/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, Marrionetta said:

I would recommend against banning a language or casting aspersions on a people and culture because of global geopolitics. This entire suggestion is in poor taste.

This is all that needs to be said. I am closing this.