Godzalla

Note Option in trade offers

It would be so cool if you allowed us to write a small note in trade offers, as sometimes there is no way to communicate with the other part about trades so a short note will do the trick pleaese

Thank you

There can be no direct communication between scrolls, because of TJ's job. You can write in your listing what you have, but not a note to the person you want to trade with..

17 minutes ago, Godzalla said:

what do you mean?

He works for a major social media/telecommunications company. Any direct messaging/chat function he makes, no matter how minor, could anger his employer.

Thanks, Odeen - I should have been more specific !

Some generic premade droplist of reasons and such would help a ton while still not allowing true communication that could compete a real communicator (like in social media or telecom ).

What, specifically, would you be looking to communicate?  There may be changes that can be suggested (or have been suggested!) that would help facilitate that.

Something like alerting users that the person they'd be offering on is egglocked would let people know to either not offer eggs, or be ready to wait/get possibly rejected if the trade creator doesn't want to dump something to accept their offer.  Or alerting them that "this person only has X open slots, and you're trying to offer X+Y dragons, they won't be able to accept until they have more space" would also help with that issue.

If the problem is you don't think you can clarify what you want enough so that people are offering things that are slightly incorrect for what you want, expanding the character limit for the "wants" section could help with that--so would separating out the "want" into a "want" and a "have" section where you can put notes like "Have:  CB" or "Have:  3rd gen SAltkin" instead of trying to smoosh both your wants and details about what you have into the current "want" section.

If it's a case of "I'd like this dragon from your trade but not this one" then enabling the ability to accept part of a trade rather than the entire trade would help with that.

Etc., etc.

If you're just looking for a way to have some back-and-forth between users there's not really anything to be done about that unless they join the forums and you advertise "PM me on forums to negotiate" or something (not sure if that's allowed on the trading hub itself, but different trade threads may permit it or you could slap that in your signature if you're open to negotiating/further discussion on any of your trades you post in various threads)

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

What, specifically, would you be looking to communicate?  There may be changes that can be suggested (or have been suggested!) that would help facilitate that.

Something like alerting users that the person they'd be offering on is egglocked would let people know to either not offer eggs, or be ready to wait/get possibly rejected if the trade creator doesn't want to dump something to accept their offer.  Or alerting them that "this person only has X open slots, and you're trying to offer X+Y dragons, they won't be able to accept until they have more space" would also help with that issue.

If the problem is you don't think you can clarify what you want enough so that people are offering things that are slightly incorrect for what you want, expanding the character limit for the "wants" section could help with that--so would separating out the "want" into a "want" and a "have" section where you can put notes like "Have:  CB" or "Have:  3rd gen SAltkin" instead of trying to smoosh both your wants and details about what you have into the current "want" section.

If it's a case of "I'd like this dragon from your trade but not this one" then enabling the ability to accept part of a trade rather than the entire trade would help with that.

Etc., etc.

If you're just looking for a way to have some back-and-forth between users there's not really anything to be done about that unless they join the forums and you advertise "PM me on forums to negotiate" or something (not sure if that's allowed on the trading hub itself, but different trade threads may permit it or you could slap that in your signature if you're open to negotiating/further discussion on any of your trades you post in various threads)

Telling the person what gender the hatchling you're offering on your trade is would be the most useful IMO. That could probably be done with a checkbox or something.

There's a suggestion knocking about somewhere here (I'm far too lazy to find it and link it right now i'm so sorry) that would accomplish that, which is showing what BSAs have been used on an egg/hatchling and their outcome, where applicable. ie, this hatchling was precog'd and predicted to be male. This egg was influenced to be female. This egg has been incubated. There's a lot of other functionality there too, but it would solve the problem of ungendered hatchlings/low-time eggs being essentially a shot in the dark as to whether the specific player you're trading with can be trusted to offer the specific gender you asked for.

Edit to say thank you @purplehaze!! Bless you

Edited by StarlightLion

26 minutes ago, StarlightLion said:

There's a suggestion knocking about somewhere here (I'm far too lazy to find it and link it right now i'm so sorry) that would accomplish that, which is showing what BSAs have been used on an egg/hatchling and their outcome, where applicable.

Here you go!

Don't know if it has been suggested but how about linking your scroll to the forum? An option to have a link under each dragon in the trade to make it possible to redirect you to the persons profile or inbox in the forum. It could be a choice of each player whether they want to display it or not. I've had people try to contact me but because of the dot in my name they write to the wrong person. Don't know how doable this is as I know nothing about coding.

I personally would like a link that would allow people to reach my forum profile 🤔

Or allowing you to make your trade and write "more info in forum profile or inbox" and writing your forum name. They can come here and check your profile to find whatever note you wanted to add to the trade. 

I don't dare to write anything other than what I want in exchange, cause I did once and got blocked for 24 hours🥲

Is forum considered a part of dc though? You can't put forum related links in the trade, right? In that case I feel like tj would never agree to having display of forum name or something as an official option in hub lol

There's already the forum news section in the dc page that links directly to the topics, plus the forum link. So I don't think it is that far fetched, It all depends on whether it can be done and if TJ agrees with the idea or not.

I'm sure it can be done--the bigger question would be if TJ is willing to do that or not for whatever reasons either way.

Fair, it's just that from what I remembered, it's not allowed to put a link to a forum post or profile page in hub (I remember it being regarded as off-site link? or something), which is why people had to navigate around it by putting group/xxxx link to a group of dragons whose name spells out their wishlist. I don't know where those set of rules are spelled out anymore but i remember that being a thing so I thought it's more impossible for tj to agree on making forum the official way of contacting someone by adding the option in hub.

Edited by Moriaty

IIRC we can't put ANY links in the hub. So name a group which gives your forum name !