Lushwave

ANSWERED:/random/pair bug?

For those not in the know, the URL https://dragcave.net/random/pair throws a pair of breedable dragons from your scroll at random and offers a Breed button if they are of compatible breeding groups.

How it's always worked is that the Breed button instantly breeds the two, and the next page would be the breeding result.

But now, the Breed button just takes me to the first dragon's regular breed page, where all the mates are loaded. It no longer instantly breeds, and I would have to locate the mate among the list to breed.

Just want to know if others are experiencing this and whether this sudden change is intended or not.

17 hours ago, Lushwave said:

Just want to know if others are experiencing this

Mine is doing the same thing.

I have never actually used this because I am picky about breeding mates, but I did try it once and know it did automatically breed them when you clicked the breed button before.

Edited by purplehaze

I hadn't used that feature before either, but I just tried it multiple times and yep, every time I'm brought to the breeding page of the first dragon in the pair, so exact same issue.

I never heard of this before. Perhaps it was changed purposely because of the chance of refusals if you hadn't used fertility on either one in the pair.

I never knew we could this, so when I tried it I got the same result as Lushwave.  XD

I HAVE used it before - and this is certainly a change.

I have also used it before and think this is a change. Hmmm tbh not something I like...

I think it has to be an accident - because  otherwise there's no point to the action - we can just click on any old dragon and breed it randomly. @TJ09 ?

I WOULD like to see this fixed; sometimes I do it just for fun !

This is the primary method I use to breed my dragons, so it is a little sad to see this function not work. Hope it gets fixed soon! Otherwise, breeding takes a LOT longer, haha.

Exactly - so it takes the whole randomness out of it.

Mind you - in the first instance I get this: I WISH !

image.png.ed1bb918f995d986c616fac9a2c51ce5.png

Hang on - and there is no longer a  breed button. The Boss must be working on it.

ETA Oh and now it does again.....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

the breed button only shows up if the dragons are in the same breeding group (as op mentioned).

I'm also hoping the change isn't intended

Yep. The breed button never showed up if it was an incompatible pair. Still it was kind of fun to see them paired up.

@TJ09, is it intended that the pair no longer breeds automatically if you click on Breed? That seems to take away the whole purpose of this page.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yep. The breed button never showed up if it was an incompatible pair. Still it was kind of fun to see them paired up.

@TJ09, is it intended that the pair no longer breeds automatically if you click on Breed? That seems to take away the whole purpose of this page.

No, it's not intended, but the /random page is also not a high priority feature. It'll be fixed at some point in the next few days.

I thnk it's fixed now! Just tried and it seems to be working

Though I wished it was working earlier for the massbreeding project xD nontheless it's good to see the feature is fixed